PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Lasanga

Common
04-17-2015, 09:20 PM
My wife and I was invited over a friends house and we were having fun and the visit lasted longer than expected, so they asked us to stay for dinner.

They made a frozen lasagna, which I usually cant stand. They are either watery or tasteless or too thin or use cottage cheese instead of ricotta. Anyway this one was really decent. I asked what brand it was and they said its Costco Kirkland Signature brand, sausage and meatball lasagna.

Its really pretty good, im not a lasagna guy. When im in the mood I put low fat riccotta on the bottom of my bowl put the macaroni on top of it, then put the sauce and mix it up. I like that better but for people that like lasagna and dont like to make it, give this one a try

Mister D
04-17-2015, 09:21 PM
My wife and I was invited over a friends house and we were having fun and the visit lasted longer than expected, so they asked us to stay for dinner.

They made a frozen lasagna, which I usually cant stand. They are either watery or tasteless or too thin or use cottage cheese instead of ricotta. Anyway this one was really decent. I asked what brand it was and they said its Costco Kirkland Signature brand, sausage and meatball lasagna.

Its really pretty good, im not a lasagna guy. When im in the mood I put low fat riccotta on the bottom of my bowl put the macaroni on top of it, then put the sauce and mix it up. I like that better but for people that like lasagna and dont like to make it, give this one a try

Sir! :angry:

That is all.

Redrose
04-17-2015, 09:28 PM
I'd be in divorce court if I ever put a frozen dinner in front of my husband.

He's been hinting for lasagna, but it's so much work. I make it with layers of ground beef, sweet italian sausage meat, and braciole, the cheeses and sauce and of course the pasta layers.

Common
04-17-2015, 10:12 PM

He's been hinting for lasagna, but it's so much work. I make it with layers of ground beef, sweet italian sausage meat, and braciole, the cheeses and sauce and of course the pasta layers.

Making it the right way is alot of work and costs a bundle too.

I shouldve clarified the frozen lasagna wasnt "good" but it was edible and the best frozen one Ive had.
Im not a frozen food guy nor am I a big lasagna fan. Id rather have raviolis

PolWatch
04-17-2015, 10:18 PM

Sounds like my house. We just didn't train 'em right. I do buy frozen biscuits but I don't think he knows that (& I ain't gonna tell him). After years of humiliation, I finally admitted I can not make a decent biscuit.

Redrose
04-17-2015, 10:29 PM
I can't make biscuits nor dumplings. A older Polish lady tried to teach me years ago, hers floated to the top of the water (brine) and could be sliced with thread. Mine could have doubled for baseballs, in fact baseballs probably tasted better.

Common
04-17-2015, 10:31 PM
We all have something that for the life of us we just cant cook it right.

Bob
04-17-2015, 10:31 PM
I make killer biscuits. Never bought the frozen.

Redrose
04-17-2015, 10:34 PM
What's your secret Bob ?

Common
04-17-2015, 10:39 PM
I like the biscuits that are hard outside, the mushy ones are like eating white bread.

Bob
04-17-2015, 10:50 PM
What's your secret @Bob (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1013) ?

i am going to share using PM

In the middle of TV so can I get it to you later?

Redrose
04-17-2015, 10:54 PM
I like the biscuits that are hard outside, the mushy ones are like eating white bread.

I make great Yorkshire pudding pop-overs. Instead of making it in a pie pan, the traditional method, I use a muffin pan. It's easier to serve and has more crust than the pie version.
The outside is lovely and golden brown and the inside is soft and flakey. With brown gravy they are to die for.