PDA

View Full Version : Air Fryer

Common
04-17-2015, 09:51 PM
Does anyone have any experience with an air fryer. Im curious if they work as advertised.

I make my own french fries, I have a manual press. I wash the patatos leave the skin on, stick the entire patato in and cut out the fries. I let them sit to get some water out of them, they say to salt them down but then I find theyre to salty.

I toss them in olive oil garlic and thyme and put them on a tray I bought for the oven with holes on the bottom. It makes fries come out as crispy as a deep fryer.

sachem
04-17-2015, 09:54 PM
No, never tried an air fryer. Home made fries are good.

Common
04-17-2015, 10:00 PM
I make them all different ways, not as often now, just two of us. My wife likes crispy seasoned fries. I like the olive oil garlic ones. So I switch off.

Those air fryers are pricey, last I looked they were 300.00

PolWatch
04-17-2015, 10:03 PM
When I had to start finding ways to cut out fats, I started nuking all our potatoes. Then, I slice them and fry in a little oil to crisp the outside. Doesn't take much oil and the potatoes don't absorb much.

When we really want real fries, I fry in oil until half done. Then drain & cool. I drop them back into hot oil to brown and crisp just before serving.

Common
04-17-2015, 10:20 PM
Many brands of frozen fries and chips that say 40% lower fat, deepfry them half way, then bake them, the baking draws out some of the oil and reduces the fat and supposedly keeps most of the fried flavor