PDA

View Full Version : The war on women continues

Peter1469
04-19-2015, 07:31 AM
Women who say they are not voting Hillary, are being attacked. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-woman-trap-in-2016/2015/04/17/982df058-e52f-11e4-81ea-0649268f729e_story.html)

Not surprising at all. Anyway, the true war on women continues. From the Washington Post's Kathleen Parker.

Here we go. If you’re a woman who might prefer someone other than Hillary Clinton (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/04/12/your-online-guide-to-hillary-clinton/) as the next president of the United States, you’re a self-loathing, anti-woman traitor.

Already, women I know report that they’re feeling the heat from their more-liberal friends. Not a Democrat for Hillary? Good luck leaning forward, at least in this town. I’ve heard from a few readers along the same lines.

Here’s a bracing sample from a reader named Kathryn: “If you cannot see the merits of a distaff leader, perhaps you should trade your ovaries for testicles. You are trying so hard to be open-minded that you’re in danger of becoming a hypocrite. For shame.”

Actually, I do see the merits of a distaff leader, assuming she’s the candidate who most closely represents what’s best for the country. Her ovaries matter no more to me than another’s testicles, if we must stoop to such symbolism.

Common
04-19-2015, 07:34 AM
Yeah kind of a watered down version of HES NOT CONSERVATIVE ENOUGH you cant vote for him. Lololl cmon peter this is a two way street man

Matty
04-19-2015, 07:34 AM
Democrats fight dirty mean. Republicans are going to have to find a way th throw their rotten fruit back at them. Are you following Carly Fiorina?

zelmo1234
04-19-2015, 07:35 AM
No, NO, NO! silly rabbit, it is only conservatives that have a war on women and hate them

When it comes from the left it is Constructive criticism, designed to help them see the light.

Of course if they don't see the light them must be crucified but that is besides the point

Peter1469
04-19-2015, 07:36 AM
Yeah kind of a watered down version of HES NOT CONSERVATIVE ENOUGH you cant vote for him. Lololl cmon peter this is a two way street man

I disagree. Sex is different from political views.

It is more like blacks not voting for Obama were attacked.

Common
04-19-2015, 07:37 AM
Democrats fight dirty mean. Republicans are going to have to find a way th throw their rotten fruit back at them. Are you following Carly Fiorini?

Oh the carly fiorini the first woman ceo of hewlett packard that sent the company down the toilet.
Yes your right its only the mean democrats that say bad things about the wonderful republicans. The republicans are always so nice and sweet and are always set up and abused by the mean ole democrats
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Matty
04-19-2015, 07:38 AM

Oh! I forgot the poor misguided blacks who dare to be Republicans!

Matty
04-19-2015, 07:39 AM
Oh the carly fiorini the first woman ceo of hewlett packard that sent the company down the toilet.
Yes your right its only the mean democrats that say bad things about the wonderful republicans. The republicans are always so nice and sweet and are always set up and abused by the mean ole democrats

You have all the time in the world to prove that Republicans are nastier than Democrats. But of course you will not, because you cannot.

Common
04-19-2015, 07:44 AM
Oh! I forgot the poor misguided blacks who dare to be Republicans!

That has nothing to do with what he said

Common
04-19-2015, 07:46 AM
You have all the time in the world to prove that Republicans are nastier than Democrats. But of course you will not, because you cannot.

Do you ever know what your talking about ? I think you have issues about when you cant follow the subject you feel left out so you inject silly unrelated comments to try and belittle other posters.

Peter1469
04-19-2015, 07:47 AM
Did she harm HP, or keep it from greater harm had she not been in charge?

PolWatch
04-19-2015, 07:48 AM
Please Stay on Topic

zelmo1234
04-19-2015, 07:51 AM

You really don't know the HP story do you?

http://www.biography.com/people/carly-fiorina-9542210#success-at-hewlett-packard

If HP was only in the printer game today like the founders wanted to be, they would be out of business.

She brought the computer age to HP. And is actually responsible for the success of the company.

Or do you think that there is enough business in todays paperless society to keep the company afloat?

http://www.biography.com/people/carly-fiorina-9542210#success-at-hewlett-packard

Not sure she is who I would want for President, but she is an impressive figure and should be credited for HP still being a player in todays world

Common
04-19-2015, 07:54 AM
Did she harm HP, or keep it from greater harm had she not been in charge?

From my understanding the company went down under her leadership. She was actually forced out of HP. As soon as she was fired the stock she tanked, soared. You can do a simple search peter and there are a myriad of articles about here failure. Here is one. She is the typical example of FAILED AND FIRED ceos she gets 21 million for screwing the company up. Workers fired have a hard time getting their last weeks pay thats owed them. She got a pass from close media scrutiny because at the time there werent as many female CEOS

Fiorina out, HP stock soars
CEO who engineered Compaq merger leaving after fight with board; will walk away with $21 million

Hewlett-Packard Co. Chairman and CEO Carly Fiorina, one of the most powerful women in corporate America, is leaving the troubled computer maker after being forced out by the company's board

http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/09/technology/hp_fiorina/

Matty
04-19-2015, 07:54 AM
Do you ever know what your talking about ? I think you have issues about when you cant follow the subject you feel left out so you inject silly unrelated comments to try and belittle other posters.

Did you feel belittled? Sorry I was addressing your veiws that Republicans are as nasty as democrats. I don't think so. I think democrats viciously Attack women and blacks who do not fall in line. For example democrats refer to blacks as tokens or uncle toms. Republicans do not do that. Republican women are treated poorly by the left. That's the truth.

zelmo1234
04-19-2015, 07:55 AM

Yes one it talking about a political reason for not voting for someone the other is about the sex of the person.

Not the same at all.

zelmo1234
04-19-2015, 07:58 AM
From my understanding the company went down under her leadership. She was actually forced out of HP. As soon as she was fired the stock she tanked, soared. You can do a simple search peter and there are a myriad of articles about here failure. Here is one. She is the typical example of FAILED AND FIRED ceos she gets 21 million for screwing the company up. Workers fired have a hard time getting their last weeks pay thats owed them. She got a pass from close media scrutiny because at the time there werent as many female CEOS

Fiorina out, HP stock soars
CEO who engineered Compaq merger leaving after fight with board; will walk away with $21 million

Hewlett-Packard Co. Chairman and CEO Carly Fiorina, one of the most powerful women in corporate America, is leaving the troubled computer maker after being forced out by the company's board

The stock tanked because she supported and championed the purchase of Compac computers against the wishes of the founders that wanted to stay just in printing.

If not for that deal, HP does not exist today, she saver the company from founders that would have put it out of business.

PolWatch
04-19-2015, 07:58 AM
The War on Women is right up there with the War on Christmas....publicity devices

Common
04-19-2015, 07:59 AM
You really don't know the HP story do you?

If HP was only in the printer game today like the founders wanted to be, they would be out of business.

She brought the computer age to HP. And is actually responsible for the success of the company.

Or do you think that there is enough business in todays paperless society to keep the company afloat?

Not sure she is who I would want for President, but she is an impressive figure and should be credited for HP still being a player in todays world

I think you need to read other sites about the HP story

Matty
04-19-2015, 08:03 AM
The War on Women is right up there with the War on Christmas....publicity devices

Exactly! So, that democrats use that damn meme war on women is just plain rediculous. It is a divisive tactic to gain votes. I am a woman. I would know if there is a war on me and there isn't.

zelmo1234
04-19-2015, 08:03 AM
I think you need to read other sites about the HP story

Her time at HP was not pleasant, but under her watch against the wishes of the sons of the founders, (board members) the bought compac and entered the computer business.

If not for that purchase they would not be in the computer business, if that was the case where do you think that HP would be today?

That is all I am saying

Peter1469
04-19-2015, 08:06 AM
Did you feel belittled? Sorry I was addressing your veiws that Republicans are as nasty as democrats. I don't think so. I think democrats viciously Attack women and blacks who do not fall in line. For example democrats refer to blacks as tokens or uncle toms. Republicans do not do that. Republican women are treated poorly by the left. That's the truth.

Warning: the next personal attack between you two = TB. No more discussion.

Common
04-19-2015, 08:08 AM
Her time at HP was not pleasant, but under her watch against the wishes of the sons of the founders, (board members) the bought compac and entered the computer business.

If not for that purchase they would not be in the computer business, if that was the case where do you think that HP would be today?

That is all I am saying

I believe thats incorrect, the stocks and profits plummeted while she was at HP the second her firing was announced the stocks soared. If I remember correctly she forced a merger with compact that turned out to be a net loss.

Carly Fiorini was given pass after pass because she was one of the first women to be CEO of a corporation the size of HP. I beleive if you dig into the Fiorini HP story you will find she was a failure.
No CEO gets pushed out for doing a good job and making the company prosperous

Peter1469
04-19-2015, 08:09 AM
CEOs get pushed out for non performance issues all the time.

I don't have any info on this case.

Bo-4
04-19-2015, 09:22 AM
I see you picked up on the awesome meme from my earlier post about the lady CEO who doesn't think a woman should be president.

Round of applause!! :)

What is newsworthy is what informs an ideological narrative. If the story is that “America chafes under the yoke of rampant sexism” — and since we have obliterated the distinction between thought and deed — then it is only reasonable to begin mining private opinions for evidence, which then can be — must be! for justice! — exposed. The endgame is clear: Certain opinions cannot be allowed to exist.

-Ian Tuttle, National Review

Common
04-19-2015, 09:24 AM

Youre wrong as usual

Mac-7
04-19-2015, 09:26 AM

It's vastly different.

Preferring one candidate instead of another is the civil way to run a country.

Mobs of angry lib amazons roams the streets attacking other women is not the American way.

Matty
04-19-2015, 09:27 AM
Youre wrong as usual

I am most definitely not wrong!

Common
04-19-2015, 09:29 AM
The stock tanked because she supported and championed the purchase of Compac computers against the wishes of the founders that wanted to stay just in printing.

If not for that deal, HP does not exist today, she saver the company from founders that would have put it out of business.

zelmo she was fired the stocks were tanked and bottomed as soon as she left the stocks soared.

http://americablog.com/2012/11/carly-fiorina-fiscal-cliff-budget.html

Im not going to go on forever about this. The bottom line is clear.
She tanked the stocks she got fired, no ceo gets fired for doing a good job and making the company money. That speaks for itself zelmo. The right tries to save her reputation because they loved that she screwed 18,000 HP employees

Bo-4
04-19-2015, 09:48 AM
Mobs of angry lib amazons roams the streets attacking other women is not the American way.

Trying to decide who gets the plastic squirting flower for today Mac.

Bob was off to an early lead, but you're closing the gap! :cool:

Bob
04-19-2015, 09:54 AM

You just proved Matty's point. Thank you.

Common
04-19-2015, 10:00 AM

Sometimes people need help making points. Im a nice guy like that :)

Common
04-19-2015, 10:02 AM

Oh and thank you for noticing:)

Matty
04-19-2015, 10:03 AM
See?

Common
04-19-2015, 10:04 AM
saw LMAO

Mac-7
04-19-2015, 10:32 AM
Trying to decide who gets the plastic squirting flower for today Mac.

Bob was off to an early lead, but you're closing the gap! :cool:

Your childishness bores me.

Libs like you can't debate the issue so you just hurl insults

Bo-4
04-19-2015, 10:34 AM

This from a guy who just said THIS? Okee.

Mac-7
04-19-2015, 11:15 AM
This from a guy who just said THIS? Okee.

Unless you are one of the militant females attacking other females I did not attack you personally

But personal attacks are all you are capable of

Bo-4
04-19-2015, 11:21 AM
Unless you are one of the militant females attacking other females I did not attack you personally

But personal attacks are all you are capable of

Peter thinks i'm a clown. I wear it like a badge of honor! :)

Peter1469
04-19-2015, 11:54 AM

Not all of the time.

Ransom
04-20-2015, 02:29 PM

But...you've got a kitten with his hands raised in the air for an avatar.

Moving on.

Common
04-20-2015, 03:14 PM

ROFL coming from you thats the most hilarious comment on this forum this week

Bob
04-20-2015, 03:43 PM

She said Democrats fight dirty and damned if you just and up and rushed to prove it is true.

Thanks a lot.

domer76
04-20-2015, 10:36 PM

It is more like it, or then again, it is not more like it.

There might be more "more like its", too. More like men who won't vote for Hillary BECAUSE she is a woman. Yeah, that's the "more like it" ticket!

All kinds of "more like its" out there. Or not.

Mac-7
04-20-2015, 10:43 PM
It is more like it, or then again, it is not more like it.

There might be more "more like its", too. More like men who won't vote for Hillary BECAUSE she is a woman. Yeah, that's the "more like it" ticket!

All kinds of "more like its" out there. Or not.

Billery expects women to make her the first female president.

But Billery libs go ballistic at the thought of men who refuse to vote for a woman.

domer76
04-20-2015, 10:48 PM
Billery expects women to make her the first female president.

But Billery libs go ballistic at the thought of men who refuse to vote for a woman.

You're one of the neanderthals who feel that way, aren't you? Me? Nope, won't go ballistic over a knuckle-dragger that would eliminate a candidate simply because of their sex or their skin color. But, sadly, there are plenty of you out there.

Mac-7
04-20-2015, 10:51 PM
You're one of the neanderthals who feel that way, aren't you? Me? Nope, won't go ballistic over a knuckle-dragger that would eliminate a candidate simply because of their sex or their skin color. But, sadly, there are plenty of you out there.

I think there is a double standard where Billery promotes herself politically as a woman while Billery clones attack anyone who thinks its NOT time for the first female president.

domer76
04-20-2015, 10:56 PM
I think there is a double standard where Billery promotes herself politically as a woman while Billery clones attack anyone who thinks its NOT time for the first female president.

She has a clone? Shit! Which one will I be voting for? Hillary or her clone?

Why is it not time for the first female President?

Mac-7
04-20-2015, 11:03 PM
She has a clone? $#@!! Which one will I be voting for? Hillary or her clone?

Why is it not time for the first female President?

You are her clone ideologically.

Billery don't think nuthin.

But Billery clones are with her all the way.

domer76
04-20-2015, 11:05 PM
You are her clone ideologically.

Billery don't think nuthin.

But Billery clones are with her all the way.

President Billery. Has a ring to it, doesn't it?

Better get used to the sound of that one.

But, you didn't answer the question, Jethro. Why is it not time for a female President.

Mac-7
04-20-2015, 11:11 PM
President Billery. Has a ring to it, doesn't it?

Better get used to the sound of that one.

But, you didn't answer the question, Jethro. Why is it not time for a female President.

Because I can't think of a single woman on the scene who would make a good president.

Ransom
04-21-2015, 06:22 AM

As opposed to a sheep who would vote for a President solely on their gender or ethnicity.......domer?

F'n......oops.

Ransom
04-21-2015, 06:23 AM
Because I can't think of a single woman on the scene who would make a good president.

Gisele has retired from doing runways at model shows.

Mac-7
04-21-2015, 08:26 AM
Gisele has retired from doing runways at model shows.

Whats her stated position on income inequality?

Maybe the dems could get her ready in time for 2020.

But wait, she's one of us is she?

Ransom
04-21-2015, 10:22 AM
Whats her stated position on income inequality?

She makes more than her husband who is Tom Brady

Maybe the dems could get her ready in time for 2020.

She's ready now and as qualified as Hillary.

But wait, she's one of us is she?

No. And I don't like the Patriots either.