PDA

View Full Version : I ate unhealthy today

Common
04-19-2015, 08:49 PM
My wife made sausage and peppers and onions. Man I love it but I eat it very rarely.
Sausage peppers and onion sammich with a side kale and spinach salad.

GrassrootsConservative
04-19-2015, 09:08 PM
All I've had was some wine and the new Extra Long Cheeseburger from Burger King, which was pretty delicious TBH. About to go suck down some Kamikaze's and do some bowling with my coworkers before kicking off tomorrow's festivities once the lanes close.

Common
04-19-2015, 09:20 PM
You need to try and eat better those fast food burgers are just not good for you. Everyone thinks they are invincible when they are young, years of bad behavior will catch up and drop you like a rock.
You should try to change your habits now.

Dr. Who
04-19-2015, 09:24 PM
My wife made sausage and peppers and onions. Man I love it but I eat it very rarely.
If you made your own sausage (lower fat and less salt) and cook them on the BBQ along with the peppers and onion - not so unhealthy.

Common
04-19-2015, 09:33 PM
If you made your own sausage (lower fat and less salt) and cook them on the BBQ along with the peppers and onion - not so unhealthy.

Didnt make my own, I buy primo italian sausage that Im really surprised is sold in fla.
My wife and our sister in law and mother used to make sausage. I do grill it on the grill and the sausage and pepper are done in a tad of olive oil. My wife did the peppers and onions, I just threw the sausage on the grill.

GrassrootsConservative
04-19-2015, 09:37 PM
You need to try and eat better those fast food burgers are just not good for you. Everyone thinks they are invincible when they are young, years of bad behavior will catch up and drop you like a rock.
You should try to change your habits now.

I'll change when I have the time and money to eat/cook healthier.

Common
04-19-2015, 09:40 PM
I'll change when I have the time and money to eat/cook healthier.

When are you going to get another job, Im not attacking you here at all but you say on here all the time that its peoples own fault for working for minimum wage they have to improve themselves.

Have you been going to school the last few years, are you working to graduate ?

Common
04-19-2015, 09:42 PM
Look im actually trying to help you not insult you. I believe your a young guy.I know you been working low wage job for at least 3 yrs. If your not going to school for a degree or a trade. Why dont you consider trying for a civil service job, municipal or state. Theres many civil service jobs you dont need a special skill set and at least you would have benefits and an increased stable pay.

GrassrootsConservative
04-19-2015, 09:48 PM
When are you going to get another job, Im not attacking you here at all but you say on here all the time that its peoples own fault for working for minimum wage they have to improve themselves.

Have you been going to school the last few years, are you working to graduate ?

Actually I just quit my job due to me taking on more labor and not being compensated for it. I'm going to be registering for school with my own saved-up money on Tuesday for a very specific class to get a very specific job. Hopefully by the start of the fall I will be making at least $12/hr.

And I didn't ever say you were trying to insult me. I don't hold grudges.

Anyway, gotta get my bowling stuff together. Everyone have a good night when I come back I'll probably be pretty sh!tfaced.

GrassrootsConservative
04-19-2015, 09:49 PM
Also the new Dewshine from Mt. Dew is pretty tasty.

Dr. Who
04-19-2015, 09:55 PM
Didnt make my own, I buy primo italian sausage that Im really surprised is sold in fla.
My wife and our sister in law and mother used to make sausage. I do grill it on the grill and the sausage and pepper are done in a tad of olive oil. My wife did the peppers and onions, I just threw the sausage on the grill.
What is usually bad in sausage is the quantity of salt, fat and nitrates. You can substitute for much of the fat by adding certain vegetables to the (home made) sausage and amp up the seasoning to compensate for the salt.

Chloe
04-19-2015, 10:20 PM

Common
04-19-2015, 10:23 PM

You are going to fade away young lady :)

metheron
04-19-2015, 10:25 PM

I've never had that type of salad, but man, you can't beat yourself up for eating that sandwich!! Its making me hungry just reading it!!

Chloe
04-19-2015, 10:27 PM
You are going to fade away young lady :)

I actually eat a lot surprisingly but that's a pretty typical lunch for me that I ate today in that picture. It's pretty filling actually.

Common
04-19-2015, 10:29 PM
I actually eat a lot surprisingly but that's a pretty typical lunch for me that I ate today in that picture. It's pretty filling actually.

Chloe there is not enough calories in that meal to support my 13.5 size feet for a full day :)

Chloe
04-19-2015, 10:30 PM
Chloe there is not enough calories in that meal to support my 13.5 size feet for a full day :)

that's probably true, but it's enough for me

Redrose
04-19-2015, 10:31 PM

Looks healthy Chloe.

I like to chop a Granny Smith apple, grapes, walnuts, white raisens some piņa colada yogurt. Very good snack.

Common
04-19-2015, 10:32 PM
that's probably true, but it's enough for me

Be thankful its enough for you, Im just teasing you.
It is true though a large male in good condition can burn and eat tons of calories and not gain weight. Until they get older :)

Chloe
04-19-2015, 10:33 PM
Be thankful its enough for you, Im just teasing you.
It is true though a large male in good condition can burn and eat tons of calories and not gain weight. Until they get older :)

the kale and spinach salad sounds good, but try going without the sausage

Common
04-19-2015, 10:39 PM
the kale and spinach salad sounds good, but try going without the sausage

I cant chloe im an old wop theres somethings that are in my DNA that compel me to eat certain things. I do minimize it by doing it rarely. On the good side though my cholesterol is 192 it actually went up from 178 I take no statins, my blood pressure is a consistent 120 over 75 no medicine and I have no sugar diabetes.

Dr. Who
04-19-2015, 10:47 PM
Well, take away the sausage and add some BBQd eggplant, provalone, hot peppers, roasted red peppers, BBQ'd vidalia onion and a bit of dressing and a ciabatta bun and you still have a great sandwich.

Redrose
04-19-2015, 10:49 PM
At the doctor last week, my BP was 117/70. I was happy with that.

Surgery tomorrow. I'll be glad when it's over. Getting old isn't for wimps.

Common
04-19-2015, 10:50 PM
Well, take away the sausage and add some BBQd eggplant, provalone, hot peppers, roasted red peppers, BBQ'd vidalia onion and a bit of dressing and a ciabatta bun and you still have a great sandwich.

For that id throw the sausage away. By the way I do grill eggplant and the fiodellas the long italian hot peppers and onions we love it.
I grill eggplant as a side dish.

Common
04-19-2015, 10:53 PM
I do squash in season the same way, I roast alot of veggies.

Every try roasted brussel sprouts run in olive oil little garlic powder just roast.

Dr. Who
04-19-2015, 10:56 PM
For that id throw the sausage away. By the way I do grill eggplant and the fiodellas the long italian hot peppers and onions we love it.
I grill eggplant as a side dish.
Some do that sammy with fresh mozz instead of provolone, plus fresh tomato and a garlic aioli.

Redrose
04-19-2015, 10:58 PM

Made lasagna last night. I made two, I'll freeze one. It's a great meal.

Common
04-19-2015, 10:59 PM
Some do that sammy with fresh mozz instead of provolone, plus fresh tomato and a garlic aioli.

I was raised on that lol, At night we used to take the day old bread and slice it drizzle olive oil and garlic on it top it with assiago or provolone or whatever we had and broil it till the cheese started to get dark around the edges.

Dr. Who
04-19-2015, 11:00 PM
I do squash in season the same way, I roast alot of veggies.

Every try roasted brussel sprouts run in olive oil little garlic powder just roast.
Roasted veggies are my favorite. They get a much deeper flavor that way.

Redrose
04-19-2015, 11:02 PM
A favorite snack was good Italian bread with olive oil on it and salt and pepper. If I could find a good Italian bread I'd make that today.

Dr. Who
04-19-2015, 11:04 PM
I was raised on that lol, At night we used to take the day old bread and slice it drizzle olive oil and garlic on it top it with assiago or provolone or whatever we had and broil it till the cheese started to get dark around the edges.
Takes a grilled cheese sandwich to a whole new level.

Common
04-19-2015, 11:04 PM
Roasted veggies are my favorite. They get a much deeper flavor that way.

Yes they do, try roasting asparagus too.

Common
04-19-2015, 11:05 PM
Takes a grilled cheese sandwich to a whole new level.

Cant touch it, peasant food was good stuff, you made do with what you had.

Common
04-19-2015, 11:06 PM
A favorite snack was good Italian bread with olive oil on it and salt and pepper. If I could find a good Italian bread I'd make that today.

We used to season the oil put it in a small dish and dip the bread it in it.

Dr. Who
04-19-2015, 11:06 PM
Made lasagna last night. I made two, I'll freeze one. It's a great meal.
Or several. One lasagna for two people, depending on the size is good for at least two meals, if not more.

The Xl
04-19-2015, 11:08 PM
I had chicken, oatmeal , and an orange for breakfast, chicken, rice, and mashed potatoes after my biceps and triceps workout, a fruit smoothie with a scoop of whey protein and a whole wheat bagel after I played basketball, chicken and vegetables for dinner, and I just ate a protein bar.

So theres all of that

Dr. Who
04-19-2015, 11:08 PM
We used to season the oil put it in a small dish and dip the bread it in it.
I really like ciabatta dipped in balsamic and olive oil (not really mixed).

Common
04-19-2015, 11:10 PM
I had chicken, oatmeal , and an orange for breakfast, chicken, rice, and mashed potatoes after my biceps and triceps workout, a fruit smoothie with a scoop of whey protein and a whole wheat bagel after I played basketball, chicken and vegetables for dinner, and I just ate a protein bar.

So theres all of that

I eat oatmeal and put cinnamin in it almost every day. I wouldnt personally eat the chicken with it.
Why not eggs ? for the protein, I assume thats why your eating the chicken.

Common
04-19-2015, 11:11 PM
Or several. One lasagna for two people, depending on the size is good for at least two meals, if not more.

I never been a big lasagna guy, I always prefered to put ricotta on the bottom of my bowl put the rigatones on top then the sauce and mix it up.

The Xl
04-19-2015, 11:15 PM
I eat oatmeal and put cinnamin in it almost every day. I wouldnt personally eat the chicken with it.
Why not eggs ? for the protein, I assume thats why your eating the chicken.
I have high cholesterol.

Dr. Who
04-19-2015, 11:15 PM
Yes they do, try roasting asparagus too.
I do. The only things I won't roast are leafy greens. I love to fill a tray with mixed root vegetables in the winter - carrots, beets, potatoes, parsnips - whatever and brush them with olive oil and roast them in the same oven with whatever meat I'm roasting. Roasted beets are the best.

PolWatch
04-19-2015, 11:19 PM
My husband's salad garden is really getting a work out! He planted several different lettuces, spinach, kale, mustard greens, green onions. I love picking fresh greens & eating them the same day. He grows several garlics....I snip some of the garlic blades and use them in salads too.

Common
04-19-2015, 11:23 PM
My husband's salad garden is really getting a work out! He planted several different lettuces, spinach, kale, mustard greens, green onions. I love picking fresh greens & eating them the same day. He grows several garlics....I snip some of the garlic blades and use them in salads too.

Pickem and eatem it doesnt get any better than that. Im lucky theres a big farm market not to far away from me. Its a strange setup and husband and wife own it but they share some of the profits with a non profit charity. Veggies in season are grow right across the road by the charity and picked or cut and put right out for sale. Their fresh picked broccoli is just great.

PolWatch
04-19-2015, 11:27 PM
We have several of those in our area. We haven't done it in several years but they used to sell bell peppers by the 5 gal. bucket...for $8.00. We would pick a bucket & would freeze them for use later. I also used to pick tomatoes to put up....I love homemade tomato juice.

Common
04-19-2015, 11:34 PM
I have high cholesterol.

Ah ok, you know eggbeaters have the protein without the cholesterol

Common
04-19-2015, 11:36 PM
We have several of those in our area. We haven't done it in several years but they used to sell bell peppers by the 5 gal. bucket...for $8.00. We would pick a bucket & would freeze them for use later. I also used to pick tomatoes to put up....I love homemade tomato juice.

this market has no foriegn produce, if its not in season they dont have it. They sell other stuff though. bread and milk eggs and Amish Products jams and preserves.

Peter1469
04-20-2015, 06:13 AM

Is there anything between the bread. Or just a bread sandwich?

Peter1469
04-20-2015, 06:15 AM
I have high cholesterol.

You can't live without cholesterol.

Have you had the complete test where they break it down between HDL, LDL, and triglycerides?

Also heavy workouts will increase your cholesterol.

Peter1469
04-20-2015, 06:17 AM
Ribeye (4 oz), angle hair pasta with olive oil, okra.

Yummy.

Matty
04-20-2015, 06:26 AM
I do. The only things I won't roast are leafy greens. I love to fill a tray with mixed root vegetables in the winter - carrots, beets, potatoes, parsnips - whatever and brush them with olive oil and roast them in the same oven with whatever meat I'm roasting. Roasted beets are the best.

I i do that with yellow squash and zucchini. Slice them into nice long strips lay them out on a cookie sheet with red and green bell pepper slices, onions, salt and pepper drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven. Vegetables have never been so delicious!

Chloe
04-20-2015, 10:18 AM
Is there anything between the bread. Or just a bread sandwich?

It was just bread but I put peanut butter on it. Sometimes I'll get hummus and cucumber as well and make that into a sandwich

Venus
04-20-2015, 10:20 AM
I had my mom's potato salad for breakfast this morning.

Peter1469
04-20-2015, 10:26 AM
It was just bread but I put peanut butter on it. Sometimes I'll get hummus and cucumber as well and make that into a sandwich

Humus and cucumber is good. I would toss the bead.

Common
04-20-2015, 09:05 PM

Watch which humus you buy there was a big recall recently of a major brand

Peter1469
04-20-2015, 09:06 PM
Make your own humus. It is easy.

Common
04-20-2015, 09:10 PM

yep my wife does, she makes a great garlic humus.

Mister D
04-20-2015, 09:10 PM

I never tried but there can't be much to it.

del
04-20-2015, 09:11 PM

chickpeas, tahini olive oil

grind

Mister D
04-20-2015, 09:11 PM
yep my wife does, she makes a great garlic humus.

oh, that sounds good. I don't like the ones you find in the market because they're invariably made with roasted garlic which, quite frankly, I find disgusting.

Mister D
04-20-2015, 09:12 PM
chickpeas, tahini olive oil

grind

lol Yeah, it's pretty simple I guess.

del
04-20-2015, 09:13 PM
lol Yeah, it's pretty simple I guess.

i got the recipe from a caveman

Common
04-20-2015, 09:14 PM

simple google D and its right there, simple and its good for you

Mister D
04-20-2015, 09:14 PM
Thinking about chicken livers this weekend. Just a few over multigrain pasta, garlic, and onions. Maybe some broccoli too.

Common
04-20-2015, 09:15 PM
oh, that sounds good. I don't like the ones you find in the market because they're invariably made with roasted garlic which, quite frankly, I find disgusting.

Roasted garlic has its uses, I agree not in humus.

Mister D
04-20-2015, 09:16 PM
Roasted garlic has its uses, I agree not in humus.

Too sweet. I like it pungent.

Common
04-20-2015, 09:17 PM
Thinking about chicken livers this weekend. Just a few over multigrain pasta, garlic, and onions. Maybe some broccoli too.

Chicken livers sauteed till they are almost singed with tons of grilled onions. Over pasta is good too.
My wife wont eat anything liver never.

Common
04-20-2015, 09:18 PM
Too sweet. I like it pungent.

Depends on what your using it with , Roasted Garlic onion pasta sauce is great. If I had my choice, Id take sauteed garlic in olive oil anyday.

Mister D
04-20-2015, 09:19 PM
Chicken livers sauteed till they are almost singed with tons of grilled onions. Over pasta is good too.
My wife wont eat anything liver never.

Yeah, I was like that too but the chickens I've been buying come with hearts and livers so I've been picking at them while the chicken bakes/roasts. The liver isn't as funky as a beef liver. I'd like to try maybe three or four (they are high in cholesterol) over pasta.

Mister D
04-20-2015, 09:20 PM
Depends on what your using it with , Roasted Garlic onion pasta sauce is great. If I had my choice, Id take sauteed garlic in olive oil anyday.

I only cook my garlic for a minute or two over medium/low heat. I just soften it up a bit. I never brown it.

Common
04-20-2015, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I was like that too but the chickens I've been buying come with hearts and livers so I've been picking at them while the chicken bakes/roasts. The liver isn't as funky as a beef liver. I'd like to try maybe three or four (they are high in cholesterol) over pasta.

All liver is high in cholesterol, liver cleans the blood.

Common
04-20-2015, 09:23 PM
I only cook my garlic for a minute or two over medium/low heat. I just soften it up a bit. I never brown it.

D everyone does things to their own taste, I prefer my garlic cooked a bit more than you it seems

Common
04-20-2015, 09:24 PM

Remember after you chop your garlic let it rest 11 minutes before you cook it. Takes that long to release the allicin, thats the medicinal part of the garlic that helps BP and cholesterol

Mister D
04-20-2015, 09:25 PM
All liver is high in cholesterol, liver cleans the blood.

I plan to eat them with a significant amount of fiber. I've read that fiber reduces your cholesterol levels. Garlic too. It's not a big concern for me but I have had high levels before. I'm pretty sure it was because I was eating 8-10 eggs a week. I cut that down to 4 yolks a week and as many whites as a want. Still, I want to be careful.

Liver is also loaded with vitamins. I was shocked, actually.

Mister D
04-20-2015, 09:26 PM
Remember after you chop your garlic let it rest 11 minutes before you cook it. Takes that long to release the allicin, thats the medicinal part of the garlic that helps BP and cholesterol

Yeah, it sits for at least 5 minutes even when I'm in a hurry but usually I let it sit in the oil for 10-15 minutes before I turn the flame on.

Mister D
04-20-2015, 09:27 PM
D everyone does things to their own taste, I prefer my garlic cooked a bit more than you it seems

To each their own. True.

Common
04-20-2015, 09:30 PM
Yeah, it sits for at least 5 minutes even when I'm in a hurry but usually I let it sit in the oil for 10-15 minutes before I turn the flame on.

Umm I wouldnt do that, leave it on the cutting board or a dish. I would think the garlic oiled even cold would keep it from releasing the allicin.

When you put the garlic in cold oil then heat it, the garlic absorbs more oil. Thats true of everything you put in cold oil, or oil thats not hot enough

PolWatch
04-20-2015, 09:43 PM
Today was our fry day. We don't eat fried foods often so its a real treat. A friend had given us some bass filets. I fixed 'em redneck style...rolled in cornmeal & fried with French fries & hush puppies. I put hot Picante sauce in my hushpuppies so they have a bite. Sweet tea & home made tarter sauce. Yum!

Common
04-20-2015, 09:51 PM
I plan to eat them with a significant amount of fiber. I've read that fiber reduces your cholesterol levels. Garlic too. It's not a big concern for me but I have had high levels before. I'm pretty sure it was because I was eating 8-10 eggs a week. I cut that down to 4 yolks a week and as many whites as a want. Still, I want to be careful.

Liver is also loaded with vitamins. I was shocked, actually.

No one knows whats good or bad for you, go by how it effects you personally. They know came out with eggs have nothing to do with cholesterol levels. Google it.

This is what my gastroentologist told me, high fiber and being regular reduces cholesterol. He told me to take benefiber 3 times a day. Its simple to take it easily dissolves in anything. Its worked for me.

You can buy a generic really cheap in costco, sams sells the brand name cheaper.

PolWatch
04-20-2015, 09:58 PM
Liver is one thing I have never been able to eat. I cook it for my husband but I can't even touch it....I use tongs!

Peter1469
04-20-2015, 10:02 PM
I can eat liver chopped very fine with lots of spices and even flour. Add rice.

Dr. Who
04-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Liver is one thing I have never been able to eat. I cook it for my husband but I can't even touch it....I use tongs!
I love liver - no problem touching it. I just don't like old beef liver or pork liver. It has to be calves liver or "baby beef".

Dr. Who
04-20-2015, 10:08 PM
I can eat liver chopped very fine with lots of spices and even flour. Add rice.
Cayjun dirty rice.

PolWatch
04-20-2015, 10:10 PM
I cheat...I make my dirty rice using ground or chopped beef. I know...its sacrilege but I don't like innerds of any type!

Dr. Who
04-20-2015, 10:15 PM
I cheat...I make my dirty rice using ground or chopped beef. I know...its sacrilege but I don't like innerds of any type!
The only meat I would eat as an infant was liver and the only green I liked was spinach. Imagine that - I was Popeye. I never stopped loving liver and spinach no matter how my mother overcooked the liver. Once out on my own, I learned to make much more palatable liver and actually got my brother to like it!

PolWatch
04-20-2015, 10:18 PM
I can go with the spinach...love the stuff. Liver...nope. My husband has decided he would rather order it in a restaurant...he said the look on my face when I cook it makes him wonder why he wanted it! (you would think I planned that) :grin:

Guerilla
04-20-2015, 10:24 PM
When a pack of wolves eats an animal, only the alpha male gets the liver. :smiley:

I haven't had liver before. But I can't wait until I'm able to butcher my own fresh organic meat(so sorry chloe).

Organic fresh produce from the garden is already so much better than regular. Gotta do it with the meat to.

Dr. Who
04-20-2015, 10:24 PM
I can go with the spinach...love the stuff. Liver...nope. My husband has decided he would rather order it in a restaurant...he said the look on my face when I cook it makes him wonder why he wanted it! (you would think I planned that) :grin:
Yeah, innards are something you either like or you don't. I happen to really like kidney, but if it isn't properly cleaned, yuk. It tastes like pee. Steak and kidney pie is amazing unless made by someone who can't clean the organ meat, in which case it's inedible.

PolWatch
04-20-2015, 10:30 PM
When a pack of wolves eats an animal, only the alpha male gets the liver. :smiley:

I haven't had liver before. But I can't wait until I'm able to butcher my own fresh organic meat(so sorry chloe).

Organic fresh produce from the garden is already so much better than regular. Gotta do it with the meat to.

Once you get used to eating fresh, organic produce....you will wonder how you ever ate the stuff out of the grocery store. Be sure and try different types of leaf lettuce....you will never eat iceberg lettuce again!

Dr. Who
04-20-2015, 10:50 PM
Once you get used to eating fresh, organic produce....you will wonder how you ever ate the stuff out of the grocery store. Be sure and try different types of leaf lettuce....you will never eat iceberg lettuce again!
I haven't eaten iceberg for decades.

Mister D
04-21-2015, 08:20 AM
Umm I wouldnt do that, leave it on the cutting board or a dish. I would think the garlic oiled even cold would keep it from releasing the allicin.

When you put the garlic in cold oil then heat it, the garlic absorbs more oil. Thats true of everything you put in cold oil, or oil thats not hot enough

Only sustained heat inactivates the allicin. BTW, allicin is a sulpher compound. If you smell a bit like garlic after eating it you got plenty of its healthful properties.

Mister D
04-21-2015, 08:21 AM
No one knows whats good or bad for you, go by how it effects you personally. They know came out with eggs have nothing to do with cholesterol levels. Google it.

This is what my gastroentologist told me, high fiber and being regular reduces cholesterol. He told me to take benefiber 3 times a day. Its simple to take it easily dissolves in anything. Its worked for me.

You can buy a generic really cheap in costco, sams sells the brand name cheaper.

beans and whole grains do the trick for me.

PolWatch
04-21-2015, 08:21 AM
hmm...discussing garlic at 8:30 am? I gotta ask....do you fellas eat garlic in your oatmeal? :laugh:

Mister D
04-21-2015, 08:22 AM
hmm...discussing garlic at 8:30 am? I gotta ask....do you fellas eat garlic in your oatmeal? :laugh:

I add it to eggs some mornings. It's good.

Mister D
04-21-2015, 09:49 AM
Tabasco makes a pretty good garlic sauce. It's a little thicker than their regulart hot sauce which I like. Not quite as hot though.

PolWatch
04-21-2015, 09:53 AM
I'll have to try it. I like Tabasco sauce. We have divided household...husband likes Louisiana hot sauce, I'm the Tabasco user. One of our favorite seafood restaurants doesn't provide cocktail sauce. They have containers of fresh horseradish and an assortment of hot sauces on every table. Mix yer own! I have noticed the garlic Tabasco but haven't tried it yet....next time!

Mister D
04-21-2015, 09:56 AM
I'll have to try it. I like Tabasco sauce. We have divided household...husband likes Louisiana hot sauce, I'm the Tabasco user. One of our favorite seafood restaurants doesn't provide $#@!tail sauce. They have containers of fresh horseradish and an assortment of hot sauces on every table. Mix yer own! I have noticed the garlic Tabasco but haven't tried it yet....next time!

I prefer Tabasco to most of the store bought sauces. I've gotten some great specialty stuff though. Jardins makes good sauces.

Actual;ly, Tabasco makes a few different kinds. Their habanero is very hot though. Almost too hot. I don't like the flavor of chipotle but they make that too.

PolWatch
04-21-2015, 09:58 AM
I've tried some of the habanero sauces...don't like them. I like spicy but I also like flavor. When something is that hot, I can't taste it. We grew some habanero peppers a few years ago....could not eat them. We ended up letting them dry and using them to make insect sprays for the garden. Even bugs don't like something that hot!

Mister D
04-21-2015, 10:01 AM
I've tried some of the habanero sauces...don't like them. I like spicy but I also like flavor. When something is that hot, I can't taste it. We grew some habanero peppers a few years ago....could not eat them. We ended up letting them dry and using them to make insect sprays for the garden. Even bugs don't like something that hot!

I love fresh habaneros but they have to cook for a while. They are best in chilis and soups. I add them to tomato sauces too. Not sure how kosher that is though Common :grin:

PolWatch
04-21-2015, 10:03 AM
I love to cook with peppers. I didn't try the habaneros because they were so hot. I'll have to give them another try. I really like to add a couple of cayenne peppers to a pot of pinto beans. Just enough oomph in the flavor.

Common
04-21-2015, 10:32 AM
I love fresh habaneros but they have to cook for a while. They are best in chilis and soups. I add them to tomato sauces too. Not sure how kosher that is though @Common (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=659) :grin:

Habaneros have their place, they are hot as hell and can overpower.

Mister D
04-21-2015, 10:33 AM
Habaneros have their place, they are hot as hell and can overpower.

I love a spicy sauce. The fat from the meat helps cool things down a bit. Mmmm....

PolWatch
04-21-2015, 10:34 AM
ok...my week is wrecked for healthy eating. Husband ran an errand and came back bearing a dozen warm Krispy Kreme donuts! I'm am thinking of all you healthy people as I munch away!

Mister D
04-21-2015, 10:36 AM
I'll eat donuts if they're there. I don't get cravings for donuts.

PolWatch
04-21-2015, 10:37 AM
I never buy them....but I eat them so I don't hurt my husband's feelings....:wink:

del
04-21-2015, 12:04 PM
my dad ran a chain of donut shops

my first job there put me off donuts for the next 30 years

Peter1469
04-21-2015, 04:33 PM
I added lots of garlic to some left over pasta. It is good.

Tabasco sauce- I like the original and the green the best.

Redrose
04-21-2015, 04:39 PM
I never buy them....but I eat them so I don't hurt my husband's feelings....:wink:

No donuts. My weakness is pastry. Italian, Greek. Love it. Hubby bought me some baklava, to easy my pain. It helps. :laugh:

Redrose
04-21-2015, 04:42 PM
my dad ran a chain of donut shops

my first job there put me off donuts for the next 30 years

As a kid I overdosed on Eskimo Pies, two of us ate 6 boxes. To this day I cannot look at one.
My husband drank a bottle of Cherry Vodka as a young teen. He too cannot even say Cherry Vodka, it still turns his stomach.

Maybe we should make teens smoke until they get ill, and then they may never smoke again.

PolWatch
04-21-2015, 04:45 PM
One of my brother in laws got a bottle of peach brandy when he was about 17....drank the entire thing. I don't think he can even look at a peach and don't mention brandy around him at all!

del
04-21-2015, 04:55 PM
As a kid I overdosed on Eskimo Pies, two of us ate 6 boxes. To this day I cannot look at one.
My husband drank a bottle of Cherry Vodka as a young teen. He too cannot even say Cherry Vodka, it still turns his stomach.

Maybe we should make teens smoke until they get ill, and then they may never smoke again.

i did that with raisinettes- got sick as a dog and i haven't touched one in 50 years

shit, i'm old lol

Mister D
04-21-2015, 06:45 PM
I added lots of garlic to some left over pasta. It is good.

Tabasco sauce- I like the original and the green the best.

Once in a while I'll slice it very thin and add it raw.

Peter1469
04-21-2015, 07:10 PM
Once in a while I'll slice it very thin and add it raw.

That is good on salad. Also when I juice veggies, I add garlic to taste (be careful).