PDA

View Full Version : Michigan man taunts neighbors with Confederate flag and nooses outside home

Captain Obvious
04-20-2015, 12:46 PM
Here's a reason why I moved away from everyone, people just suck.

These people should not be voting and should not have the same level of freedoms and liberties that the rest of us do. We should enslave them and make them dig ditches or make big macs or something.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/screw-em-michigan-man-taunts-neighbors-with-confederate-flag-and-nooses-outside-home/

A Michigan tree trimmer and one of his employees set up a display featuring a Confederate flag and a pair of nooses – and they don’t care about neighbor complaints.

Neighbors complained about the display outside Robert Tomanovich’s home in Livonia, where he hung a noose from a tree and a Confederate flag, printed with the slogan “I ain’t coming down,” on a fence, reported WXYZ-TV (http://www.wxyz.com/news/nooses-and-confederate-flag-found-hanging-in-livonia-neighborhood-family-responds).

After the complaints, a second noose was hung from a tree outside a second home Tomanovich owns down the street and used for his business, Robert’s Discount Tree Service.

“It’s a tree that is easily climbable,” said neighbor Nicole Behrendt. “Any kid could climb the tree and hang himself.”

Tomanovich fled inside his home when a WXYZ-TV reporter asked him for comment, but one of his employees admitted to hanging the second noose in response to the neighbor complaints.

“I love it,” said the employee, who displayed a Confederate flag license plate on his work pickup truck. “Screw ‘em.”

http://2d0yaz2jiom3c6vy7e7e5svk.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Michigan-tree-trimmer-WXYZ-800x430.png

Polecat
04-20-2015, 01:17 PM
The first amendment is a lot like the second amendment. The rights being protected can always be misused by those that lack the maturity to handle freedoms.

Mac-7
04-20-2015, 01:35 PM
Is the Confederate flag so terrible?

PolWatch
04-20-2015, 01:44 PM
Just because a person has the right to do something, doesn't mean its right to do so. Maybe his neighbors can hang an SS flag (if there is such a thing) and build a crematorium on their property.

The Xl
04-20-2015, 01:45 PM
Lol at some of humanity

Mister D
04-20-2015, 01:47 PM
Just because a person has the right to do something, doesn't mean its right to do so. Maybe his neighbors can hang an SS flag (if there is such a thing) and build a crematorium on their property.

There is, actually. It's mancave material. Not for public display.

The Xl
04-20-2015, 01:47 PM

It might be the confederate flag in conjunction with the fucking noose.

You're trolling right? Tell me you're trolling

midcan5
04-20-2015, 01:48 PM
We were recently traveling in the south where you still see the flag displayed. Listening to some of the conversations makes one wonder if education is still practiced down there? North and South Carolina and Florida just bemuse me. My wife too, who is apolitical. You feel like you are in Dumbville, courtesy of Fox and right wing media. By the way Fox was often on in places we stayed. I listened one day to two men discussing global weather change, the stupidity was too deep to even convey. So then why would this man display a flag that represents everything America is not about. Any need to spell it out.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/24302-Freedom-to-be?p=568697&viewfull=1#post568697

"But you say you are conservative - eminently conservative - while we are revolutionary, destructive, or something of the sort. What is conservatism? Is it not adherence to the old and tried, against the new and untried? We stick to, contend for, the identical old policy on the point in controversy which was adopted by "our fathers who framed the Government under which we live;" while you with one accord reject, and scout, and spit upon that old policy, and insist upon substituting something new. True, you disagree among yourselves as to what that substitute shall be. You are divided on new propositions and plans, but you are unanimous in rejecting and denouncing the old policy of the fathers. Some of you are for reviving the foreign slave trade; some for a Congressional Slave-Code for the Territories; some for Congress forbidding the Territories to prohibit Slavery within their limits; some for maintaining Slavery in the Territories through the judiciary; some for the "gur-reat pur-rinciple" that "if one man would enslave another, no third man should object," fantastically called "Popular Sovereignty;" but never a man among you is in favor of federal prohibition of slavery in federal territories, according to the practice of "our fathers who framed the Government under which we live." Not one of all your various plans can show a precedent or an advocate in the century within which our Government originated. Consider, then, whether your claim of conservatism for yourselves, and your charge or destructiveness against us, are based on the most clear and stable foundations." Abraham Lincoln http://showcase.netins.net/web/creative/lincoln/speeches/cooper.htm

Safety
04-20-2015, 01:51 PM
It might be the confederate flag in conjunction with the fucking noose.

You're trolling right? Tell me you're trolling

You should know better.

Ravens Fan
04-20-2015, 01:56 PM
That's the downside of that pesky "Freedom of Speech" thingy. It is on his property and is within his rights to display it. No one has the right to not be offended.

That said, I would hope that this guy's community will make sure his business suffers, and maybe a "friendly" neighbor could change his mind about the display, but the government should stay out of it.

Redrose
04-20-2015, 02:05 PM
We have no shortage of idiots in this country.

Cigar
04-20-2015, 02:11 PM
I look at it this way, it's his own neighborhood with his own Property Values. :laugh:

Have at it ... :grin:

Archer0915
04-20-2015, 02:16 PM

These people should not be voting and should not have the same level of freedoms and liberties that the rest of us do. We should enslave them and make them dig ditches or make big macs or something.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/screw-em-michigan-man-taunts-neighbors-with-confederate-flag-and-nooses-outside-home/

http://2d0yaz2jiom3c6vy7e7e5svk.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Michigan-tree-trimmer-WXYZ-800x430.png

If you were a candy ass lib I would shot talk you but since you are not I will agree and leave you with a thought...

if the left were not being the way they are would the knuckle draggers be doing this?

Polecat
04-20-2015, 02:28 PM
If you were a candy ass lib I would shot talk you but since you are not I will agree and leave you with a thought...

if the left were not being the way they are would the knuckle draggers be doing this?

You should be able to answer that one.

Archer0915
04-20-2015, 04:07 PM
You should be able to answer that one.

Yeah. The Lefty nut cases and the right wing nutters cause so many issues for those of us who simply want to live our lives without their stupidity affecting us.

Peter1469
04-20-2015, 04:14 PM
My best girl was surprised to see the Stars and Bars flying proudly here while on our trip through rural VA seeing stuff.

Archer0915
04-20-2015, 04:22 PM
My best girl was surprised to see the Stars and Bars flying proudly here while on our trip through rural VA seeing stuff.

Nothing wrong with flying the Battle Flag. There is an issue with neck ties and flags because you are just trying to stir the pot.

del
04-20-2015, 05:24 PM

gee, ma, the other kids started it

lol

del
04-20-2015, 05:25 PM
Nothing wrong with flying the Battle Flag. There is an issue with neck ties and flags because you are just trying to stir the pot.

true

i like it when losers self identify

it saves time

zelmo1234
04-20-2015, 08:11 PM

You all know that I am a conservative, but if I was this guys neighbor I would have I love Obama signs all over my yard.

PS

Why does he have to be from MI

PolWatch
04-20-2015, 08:24 PM
You all know that I am a conservative, but if I was this guys neighbor I would have I love Obama signs all over my yard.

PS

because the kingdom of jerkdom is everywhere!

Hal Jordan
04-20-2015, 08:24 PM
In some states the hanging of the noose would be illegal. The federal government should stay completely out of that discussion, though.

If my neighbor did something like that, I would definitely put up things I knew would offend him, though. Being an asshole is fun.

Common
04-20-2015, 08:25 PM
I hope the guy doesnt have kids in the house, someone could take offense to that and decide to do something crazy. People that do things like this dont think about all the possible consequences.

Common
04-20-2015, 08:28 PM

PS

If he had the wrong neighbors they might test if he has any really testicles.

Mac-7
04-20-2015, 10:01 PM
In lib la la land this guy is a jerk but the libs putting crosses in a jar of urine on public property are "artists?"

hum.

Peter1469
04-20-2015, 10:03 PM
lib lib lib

del
04-20-2015, 10:04 PM
la la la

PolWatch
04-20-2015, 10:07 PM
Where is Capt O? I think he plays the drums...y'all could record that....la lib, la lib, la lib....you might have a winner there!

Mac-7
04-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Libs are like vampires - they both hate mirrors.

But for some of you here there are two sets of standards based on lib logic.

One for you and another for everyone else.

The cross in a jar of urine is an example of that.

PolWatch
04-20-2015, 10:19 PM
:rollseyes:

Hal Jordan
04-20-2015, 10:41 PM
Lib la di, lib la da, life goes on

Mac-7
04-20-2015, 10:46 PM
Lib la di, lib la da, life goes on

I thought your kind was ok as long as we don't forget to call you for supper.

Why do liberals object to being called libs?

Dr. Who
04-20-2015, 10:49 PM
In some states the hanging of the noose would be illegal. The federal government should stay completely out of that discussion, though.

If my neighbor did something like that, I would definitely put up things I knew would offend him, though. Being an asshole is fun.
Suppose you are a 10 year old black child just learning about the horrors of the pre-civil rights era. I can imagine such children would go to bed with nightmares and wonder whether their neighbor was going to hang them.

domer76
04-20-2015, 10:51 PM
The cross in a jar of urine is an example of that.

That pisses you off, huh?

Mac-7
04-20-2015, 10:58 PM
Suppose you are a 10 year old black child just learning about the horrors of the pre-civil rights era. I can imagine such children would go to bed with nightmares and wonder whether their neighbor was going to hang them.

Not that a 10-year old Christian kid would mind seeing a cross in urine or the Virgin Mary covered with elephant dung.

Thats just art doncha know.

Mac-7
04-20-2015, 10:58 PM
That pisses you off, huh?

It does, which is why libs did it.

domer76
04-20-2015, 11:03 PM
It does, which is why libs did it.

You know what's going to piss you off more? He received $15,000 one year and $5,000 another from the National Endowment for the Arts. Most likely some of your tax money.

Damn! Doesn't that just twist your sphincter?

Dr. Who
04-20-2015, 11:04 PM
Not that a 10-year old Christian kid would mind seeing a cross in urine or the Virgin Mary covered with elephant dung.

I don't recall stating that those are really acceptable behaviors. However seeing a noose is a bit more threatening than that sort of religious activism might be, at least where young children are concerned.

Mac-7
04-20-2015, 11:05 PM
You know what's going to piss you off more? He received $15,000 one year and $5,000 another from the National Endowment for the Arts. Most likely some of your tax money.

$#@!! Doesn't that just twist your sphincter?

I know that and it does twist my whatever you said.

Mac-7
04-20-2015, 11:07 PM
I don't recall stating that those are really acceptable behaviors.

Unconservative, non-Christian, aka libs - were not too upset by it at the time.

Whether that includes you or not we will never know.

domer76
04-20-2015, 11:09 PM

It doesn't upset me. Just another POS "art". I wouldn't pay to see it.

Why is your butthole all in a knot about it?

Dr. Who
04-20-2015, 11:16 PM

Just an FYI, I don't believe in attacking people's belief systems. If someone wants to discuss them, that's fine, but I don't hate. I do have an issue with violent symbolism such as the one in the OP and to whom it is directed. Adults can flip off such demonstrations, but children can be terrified.

Mac-7
04-20-2015, 11:18 PM
It doesn't upset me. Just another POS "art". I wouldn't pay to see it.

now you're talking out of both sides since you taunted me with the big news that the anti Christian displays were funded with tax money.

so you have already admitted that you did pay for it.

and so did I.

But the noose is neither paid for with tax money or displayed on public property.

Mac-7
04-20-2015, 11:20 PM
Adults can flip off such demonstrations, but children can be terrified.

But it appears you only care about black kids while telling Christian kids to suck it up and grow tougher skin.

Hal Jordan
04-20-2015, 11:23 PM
I thought your kind was ok as long as we don't forget to call you for supper.

Why do liberals object to being called libs?

My kind? Do tell. What is my kind?

Do they?

Mac-7
04-20-2015, 11:26 PM
My kind? Do tell. What is my kind?

Do they?

Don't you know?

A lib.

Hal Jordan
04-20-2015, 11:26 PM

They just might. I would think that sort of thing is exactly why some states have made it illegal to hang nooses.

And that's also one reason I would use my yard to stage some kind of counter protest. If he took the nooses down, I'd take down my counter protest.

Dr. Who
04-20-2015, 11:29 PM
But it appears you only care about black kids while telling Christian kids grow tougher skin.
Like I said, I don't support denigrating anyone's religion, but the examples that you quoted would not send children to bed with nightmares of being lynched would they? Secondly, the majority of blacks in America are Christians and would be highly offended by that kind of disrespect of Christianity.

Hal Jordan
04-20-2015, 11:30 PM

Here you go.

Both this guy and the "artist" are douchenuggets.

However, thinking your neighbor might kill you is worse.

Just in case you didn't get why I put quotes around the word artist, I don't think what he did was art, just a dick move.

Hal Jordan
04-20-2015, 11:30 PM
Don't you know?

A lib.

You go ahead and keep thinking that.

Mac-7
04-20-2015, 11:35 PM
Like I said, I don't support denigrating anyone's religion, but the examples that you quoted would not send children to bed with nightmares of being lynched would they? Secondly, the majority of blacks in America are Christians and would be highly offended by that kind of disrespect of Christianity.

All of that is immaterial to the free speech issue espoused by liberals at the time to defend anti Christian art.

A constitutionally protected violent video game could do as much emotional damage to children, black or white, but it is still constitutionally protected.

both the noose and the cross in a jar of urine were meant to offend people.

and if one is free speech then so is the other,

Dr. Who
04-20-2015, 11:47 PM
All of that is immaterial to the free speech issue espoused by liberals at the time to defend anti Christian art.

A constitutionally protected violent video game could do as much emotional damage to children, black or white, but it is still constitutionally protected.

both the noose and the cross in a jar of urine were meant to offend people.

and if one is free speech then so is the other,
I believe that this is a catch 22. I don't believe in censorship, but I do believe in protecting children from being terrorized by apparent death threats. If I accede to your point of view about attacking Christianity, then I would also have to completely condemn you if you make horrific statements about Muslims. Since I don't like the condemnation of either, I leave such things to the regulators, however when it comes to terrifying children, I vote for the kids.

Mac-7
04-20-2015, 11:55 PM
I believe that this is a catch 22. I don't believe in censorship, but I do believe in protecting children from being terrorized by apparent death threats. If I accede to your point of view about attacking Christianity, then I would also have to completely condemn you if you make horrific statements about Muslims. Since I don't like the condemnation of either, I leave such things to the regulators, however when it comes to terrifying children, I vote for the kids.

I think it is parents responsibility to warn children who may be over saturated with old news about the Jim Crow era that the noose is symbolic and does not represent a physical threat.

The same as they tell children not to accept rides from strangers or candy from the gay guy around the corner.

Christian kids are expected to learn how to deal with hate.

and in America black kids have a stronger support system to lean on since it is largely the same whites bashing Christians that stand up for blacks.

not always the same, but often so.

metheron
04-21-2015, 01:18 AM

So should we ban children from watching the news? Or should we ban the news from showing some of the atrocities that happen in the world?
I mean I imagine that could scare kids too.

Are you suggesting that something other than the guy voluntarily taking the flag and nooses down should be done?

Common
04-21-2015, 03:56 AM
So should we ban children from watching the news? Or should we ban the news from showing some of the atrocities that happen in the world?

Are you suggesting that something other than the guy voluntarily taking the flag and nooses down should be done?

Let me ask you something, what do you think the confederate flag with nooses represents.

Mac-7
04-21-2015, 04:03 AM
Let me ask you something, what do you think the confederate flag with nooses represents.

Metheron asked you first.

Common
04-21-2015, 04:11 AM
what are you talking about

Mac-7
04-21-2015, 04:18 AM
what are you talking about

You really don't know?

Ok, you quoted metheron in which he asked Dr Who a question.

At that time you let Dr Who off the hook and became the official lib of record.

But instead of answering the question you evaded it by asking a question of your own instead.

Common
04-21-2015, 04:53 AM
For the record you are the teatard of all things here, your lib this rants get old and make you sound like a retard.

The confederate flag and nooses means exactly what its intended to mean. Hanging blacks back in the day.

Why else would a "YANKEE" from michigan hang up the confederate flag and nooses.

Mac-7
04-21-2015, 05:06 AM
For the record you are the teatard of all things here, your lib this rants get old and make you sound like a retard.

The confederate flag and nooses means exactly what its intended to mean. Hanging blacks back in the day.

Why else would a "YANKEE" from michigan hang up the confederate flag and nooses.

Still evading giving an honest answer to the question.

Matty
04-21-2015, 05:37 AM
We were recently traveling in the south where you still see the flag displayed. Listening to some of the conversations makes one wonder if education is still practiced down there? North and South Carolina and Florida just bemuse me. My wife too, who is apolitical. You feel like you are in Dumbville, courtesy of Fox and right wing media. By the way Fox was often on in places we stayed. I listened one day to two men discussing global weather change, the stupidity was too deep to even convey. So then why would this man display a flag that represents everything America is not about. Any need to spell it out.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/24302-Freedom-to-be?p=568697&viewfull=1#post568697

"But you say you are conservative - eminently conservative - while we are revolutionary, destructive, or something of the sort. What is conservatism? Is it not adherence to the old and tried, against the new and untried? We stick to, contend for, the identical old policy on the point in controversy which was adopted by "our fathers who framed the Government under which we live;" while you with one accord reject, and scout, and spit upon that old policy, and insist upon substituting something new. True, you disagree among yourselves as to what that substitute shall be. You are divided on new propositions and plans, but you are unanimous in rejecting and denouncing the old policy of the fathers. Some of you are for reviving the foreign slave trade; some for a Congressional Slave-Code for the Territories; some for Congress forbidding the Territories to prohibit Slavery within their limits; some for maintaining Slavery in the Territories through the judiciary; some for the "gur-reat pur-rinciple" that "if one man would enslave another, no third man should object," fantastically called "Popular Sovereignty;" but never a man among you is in favor of federal prohibition of slavery in federal territories, according to the practice of "our fathers who framed the Government under which we live." Not one of all your various plans can show a precedent or an advocate in the century within which our Government originated. Consider, then, whether your claim of conservatism for yourselves, and your charge or destructiveness against us, are based on the most clear and stable foundations." Abraham Lincoln http://showcase.netins.net/web/creative/lincoln/speeches/cooper.htm

Why are you and your wife even down south? You managed to insult the people, three states, and exposed your selves to the dreaded Fox News.

If only only liberals knew how pious and ignorant they sound sometimes.

midcan5
04-21-2015, 05:46 AM
Matty, I love back road America, lots of good folk too. We travel where we like.

I was thinking maybe I was a little too rough earlier when I posted a criticism of the American South, but then I heard this. Imagine for a moment the moment before lights out forever and your last wish / thought simply demonstrates your hatred of a political figure. Unreal.

“In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Shriners Hospital for Children,” the obituary stated. “Also, the family respectfully asks that you do not vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016. R.I.P. Granddaddy.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/obit-dont-vote-for-hillary-117122.html#ixzz3XwIP9nPZ

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/43216-Michigan-man-taunts-neighbors-with-Confederate-flag-and-nooses-outside-home?p=1054033&viewfull=1#post1054033

"Men often hate each other because they fear each other; they fear each other because they don't know each other; they don't know each other because they can not communicate; they can not communicate because they are separated." Martin Luther King

Matty
04-21-2015, 06:04 AM
I have lived in Florida my entire adult life. I came here from Alaska. Alaska is where I encountered racism. Maybe I just hang with a good crowd of people because in my experience the south is not even close to you description, then you sealed it by complaining about your exposure to Fox News. There is something irrational about a grown man who references a news program on a TV set that way.

Mac-7
04-21-2015, 07:51 AM
Matty, I love back road America, lots of good folk too. We travel where we like.

I was thinking maybe I was a little too rough earlier when I posted a criticism of the American South, but then I heard this. Imagine for a moment the moment before lights out forever and your last wish / thought simply demonstrates your hatred of a political figure. Unreal.

“In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Shriners Hospital for Children,” the obituary stated. “Also, the family respectfully asks that you do not vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016. R.I.P. Granddaddy.”

This guy thinks he's found hate for Billery but we know it's really love for America.

Mister D
04-21-2015, 07:57 AM
Why are you and your wife even down south? You managed to insult the people, three states, and exposed your selves to the dreaded Fox News.

If only only liberals knew how pious and ignorant they sound sometimes.
Matty this is the guy who thinks Atlantic City NJ is a nice neighborhood so take him with a grain of salt. :wink:

Matty
04-21-2015, 08:00 AM
@Matty (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=796) this is the guy who thinks Atlantic City NJ is a nice neighborhood so take him with a grain of salt. :wink:

I've seen him post on other forums. Believe me, I do. :)

Captain Obvious
04-21-2015, 08:05 AM
@Matty (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=796) this is the guy who thinks Atlantic City NJ is a nice neighborhood so take him with a grain of salt. :wink:

There are a lot of people here who I'd like to meet and have an adult beverage or three with. Midcan't isn't one of them.

Bo-4
04-21-2015, 08:54 AM
Charming!

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2192503!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_635/nooses21n-4-web.jpg

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2192504!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_635/nooses21n-3-web.jpg

Safety
04-21-2015, 08:55 AM
15 minutes of fame.

Captain Obvious
04-21-2015, 08:56 AM
Most places have intimidation laws for morons like this.

In the perfect world, the neighbor would just go over there and beat the fuck out of this moron.

Mac-7
04-21-2015, 09:00 AM
15 minutes of fame.

Your side gave it to him.

This guy really knows how to jerk lib chains.

PolWatch
04-21-2015, 09:01 AM
yeap...this fella is a real hero to the blind crowd.....wonder how much money he has made on the begging sites?

Safety
04-21-2015, 09:06 AM
Your side gave it to him.

This guy really knows how to jerk lib chains.

Which side is that, Mac?

Mac-7
04-21-2015, 09:09 AM
Which side is that, Mac?

Bleeding heart liberals.

Obumer apologists.

Black victimhood crybabys.

Take your pick.

Safety
04-21-2015, 09:13 AM
Bleeding heart liberals.

Obumer apologists.

Black victimhood crybabys.

Take your pick.

:biglaugh:

Mister D
04-21-2015, 09:14 AM
I don't know...if his neighbors are white I kind of see some humor in this. Granted, he's a weirdo but the outrage of bourgeois white folks is always amusing.

PolWatch
04-21-2015, 09:20 AM
I think tempest in a teapot could apply to this too. I'm waiting to hear how much $$$ he raises to defend his 'belief's' on one of the beg-for-money sites. When will we see hoards of citizen militias dispatched to aid in this important battle for his rights? The possibilities for laughter are endless....

Polecat
04-21-2015, 10:18 AM
I was a little surprised with @Zelmo stating he would answer offensiveness with offensiveness. How is this going to do anything besides escalate poor behavior? I recommend ignoring such public displays of weak character. If I pass someone on the street that has a physical deformity should I mock them? When someone shows us their psychological infirmity should we mock them?

Archer0915
04-21-2015, 10:44 AM
I was a little surprised with @Zelmo stating he would answer offensiveness with offensiveness. How is this going to do anything besides escalate poor behavior? I recommend ignoring such public displays of weak character. If I pass someone on the street that has a physical deformity should I mock them? When someone shows us their psychological infirmity should we mock them?

Some things need not be ignored.

Common
04-21-2015, 12:17 PM
In lib la la land this guy is a jerk but the libs putting crosses in a jar of urine on public property are "artists?"

hum.

No they arent they are scumbags to be ridiculed

Mr. Right
04-21-2015, 12:30 PM
The moron's picture shows him smoking a cigarette and wearing a Stihl hat. Each shave at least 15 I.Q. points away. Maybe Darwin will intervene.

PolWatch
04-21-2015, 12:44 PM
Polecat is right...we should ignore people like this. They want the attention and every look, every article is simply re-enforcing their behavior. The worse thing for someone like this is 'oh hum, what can you expect' and nothing else.

Captain Obvious
04-21-2015, 01:56 PM
@Polecat (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=921) is right...we should ignore people like this. They want the attention and every look, every article is simply re-enforcing their behavior. The worse thing for someone like this is 'oh hum, what can you expect' and nothing else.

When they live next door to you, saying that is easier than doing it.

It's why I won't live next to anyone anymore, the chances of a close neighbor being a total fucking idiot is pretty high.

I piss people off but if they have one or more of the following there's probably a 90% chance of them being inconsiderate assholes: Swimming pool, motorcycle/ATV, boat, dog.

Captain Obvious
04-21-2015, 01:59 PM
I own half of those items, btw.

Archer0915
04-21-2015, 02:11 PM
I got all but the pool, I learned my lesson on that, everyone wants to use it but I got to keep it up! The bike is not loud, I live in the country so the dog is no issue...

Mac-7
04-21-2015, 02:25 PM
No they arent they are scumbags to be ridiculed

But they never were criticized by anyone on the left who were too busy defending their 1st Amendment free speech rights.

Now your contrived outrage is a day late and a dollar short.

Archer0915
04-21-2015, 02:30 PM
But they never were criticized by anyone on the left who were too busy defending their 1st Amendment free speech rights.

Now your contrived outrage is a day late and a dollar short.

Moral here: We do not like people who make us look bad on the right! The left needs to support those who make them look bad or they would not have many lefties.

Mac-7
04-21-2015, 02:39 PM
Moral here: We do not like people who make us look bad on the right! The left needs to support those who make them look bad or they would not have many lefties.

Most conservatives are condemning the guy in no uncertain terms.

But most libs bitterly defended the offensive anti Christian "art" at the time even though they deny it now.

Mr. Right
04-21-2015, 02:43 PM
I own half of those items, btw.
I've got all but the ATV. My wife is best friends with the RN next door, I get along fine with her Doc husband. I don't run chainsaws, mowers, or my H-D early or late, or on Sunday mornings. The neighbors to the south keep to themselves. Their dogs are sometimes annoying, but I'll take an occaisional bark distubance along with the security. The barking used to be a problem, but my wife called the gentleman at 2am to complain... not happened since.

Mr. Right
04-21-2015, 02:45 PM
Most conservatives are condemning the guy in no uncertain terms.

But most libs bitterly defended the offensive anti Christian "art" at the time even though they deny it now.

I've certainly now forgotten that painting with the bullwhip poking out some idiots rectum. OMG

Polecat
04-21-2015, 02:50 PM

It's why I won't live next to anyone anymore, the chances of a close neighbor being a total fucking idiot is pretty high.

I piss people off but if they have one or more of the following there's probably a 90% chance of them being inconsiderate assholes: Swimming pool, motorcycle/ATV, boat, dog.

It is even more important if you are right next door. Nobody ever wins a war among neighbors.

Dr. Who
04-21-2015, 05:15 PM

Firstly, things on the news are generally not next door or across the street. You can also not let your younger children watch the news. Some people don't. If someone voluntarily takes it down, fine, but if the person refused, I think that there should be some recourse for those whose children are potentially being terrorized by seeing those nooses every time they looked out the window or went outside.

Dr. Who
04-21-2015, 05:18 PM
You really don't know?

Ok, you quoted metheron in which he asked Dr Who a question.

At that time you let Dr Who off the hook and became the official lib of record.

But instead of answering the question you evaded it by asking a question of your own instead.
Dr. Who answered the question. I happen to work all day, so it may take time to answer your questions. There are no official libs of record, there are just members with opinions.

PolWatch
04-21-2015, 05:21 PM

True. But there are some advantages to living in Redneck USA. People are usually polite. They never know if their neighbor is crazier than they are.....kinda a mutual non-aggression treaty....

PolWatch
04-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Dr. Who answered the question. I happen to work all day, so it may take time to answer your questions. There are no official libs of record, there are just members with opinions.

WORK! I'm shocked Dr. Who....using 4 letter words like that. :wink:

Maynard G. Krebs

Dr. Who
04-21-2015, 05:26 PM
WORK! I'm shocked Dr. Who....using 4 letter words like that. :wink:

Maynard G. Krebs
I know. We lefties are all supposed to be collecting welfare, having kids out of wedlock and scamming the system.

Safety
04-21-2015, 05:57 PM
libs. :rollseyes:

del
04-21-2015, 06:01 PM
lib
la la
lib la la
lib la la land
lib la la
la la
lib

The Xl
04-21-2015, 06:03 PM
lib
la la
lib la la
lib la la land
lib la la
la la
lib

Too much la and land, not enough lib.

Imo.

Mac-7
04-21-2015, 06:05 PM
Firstly, things on the news are generally not next door or across the street. You can also not let your younger children watch the news. Some people don't. If someone voluntarily takes it down, fine, but if the person refused, I think that there should be some recourse for those whose children are potentially being terrorized by seeing those nooses every time they looked out the window or went outside.

IAW, you are saying that the free speech right depends on whether you like the speech or not.

texan
04-21-2015, 06:11 PM

It depends on what you are using it for, but coupled with a noose no not really a great way to act.

Safety
IAW, you are saying that the free speech right depends on whether you like the speech or not.

I don't see where the government is limiting anyone's speech here.

Safety
It depends on what you are using it for, but coupled with a noose no not really a great way to act.

Damn, Mac-7, your circle is getting smaller and smaller.

It's like...libs, libs, libs everywhere.

Mac-7
04-21-2015, 06:18 PM
I don't see where the government is limiting anyone's speech here.

They haven't yet.

but when Dr Who was asked he seems to be leaning toward no 1st Amendment right when some people are offended.

Mac-7
04-21-2015, 06:21 PM
$#@!, @Mac-7 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1014), your circle is getting smaller and smaller.

It's like...libs, libs, libs everywhere.

I'll defend the 1st Amendment even if I'm the only one.

and point out the double standard that discriminates against Christians.

Again, even if I'm the only one.

Safety
04-21-2015, 06:27 PM
I'll defend the 1st Amendment even if I'm the only one.

and point out the double standard that discriminates against Christians.

Again, even if I'm the only one.

There is no first amendment case here. You don't have protections from people laughing at you or calling you a dumbass.

Dr. Who
04-21-2015, 06:52 PM
So you think it's acceptable to walk down the street telling black children that they should all be strung up and killed because they're black, which is what the nooses imply. That's free speech. Or perhaps tell a Muslim child that someone should cut their head off because that's what terrorists do? Free speech that intimidates isn't free speech, it's just intimidation.

Mac-7
04-21-2015, 07:06 PM
So you think it's acceptable to walk down the street telling black children that they should all be strung up and killed because they're black, which is what the nooses imply.

That's free speech. Or perhaps tell a Muslim child that someone should cut their head off because that's what terrorists do? Free speech that intimidates isn't free speech, it's just intimidation.

Is that what the man is doing?

He may be implying violence against 10-year old black kids in your imagination but he's not accosting anyone on the streets as you claim.

He is obviously being offensive, but so were the atheist lib "artists" trying to offend and no one seemed to mind then.

Dr. Who
04-21-2015, 07:18 PM
Is that what the man is doing?

He may be implying violence against 10-year old black kids in your imagination but he's not accosting anyone on the streets as you claim.

He is obviously being offensive, but so were the atheist lib "artists" trying to offend and no one seemed to mind then.
What I'm saying is that offensiveness, like saying your religion is a bunch of superstitious nonsense is rude and obnoxious, and dipping crosses in urine is pretty disgusting, but it's not intimidating and doesn't express the desire for death to all Christians. It's like people burning the flag. Highly offensive and disrespectful, but not implying all Americans should die. Nooses send a very particular message which involves death. It's not disrespectful, it's advocating death. It would be more like someone putting up a picture of the last supper and superimposing gun targets on all of the apostles or a picture depicting the Roman Colosseum with Christians being fed to the lions and making a statement that the Roman's got it right. That's the difference.

Mac-7
04-21-2015, 07:37 PM
What I'm saying is that offensiveness, like saying your religion is a bunch of superstitious nonsense is rude and obnoxious, and dipping crosses in urine is pretty disgusting, but it's not intimidating and doesn't express the desire for death to all Christians. It's like people burning the flag. Highly offensive and disrespectful, but not implying all Americans should die. Nooses send a very particular message which involves death. It's not disrespectful, it's advocating death. It would be more like someone putting up a picture of the last supper and superimposing gun targets on all of the apostles or a picture depicting the Roman Colosseum with Christians being fed to the lions and making a statement that the Roman's got it right. That's the difference.

A noose does not mean death to all black people no matter how mellow dramatic we care to get.

offensive yes, but not a direct threat against anyone.

No matter how much it is universally condemned by left and right I'm not going to let liberals just make up the rules as they go along.

Dr. Who
04-21-2015, 07:59 PM
A noose does not mean death to all black people no matter how mellow dramatic we care to get.

offensive yes, but not a direct threat against anyone.

No matter how much it is universally condemned by left and right I'm not going to let liberals just make up the rules as they go along.
I'm trying to find the cheery up side of a noose. Nope, can't find it. A noose has only one purpose, to hang someone.

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/32217328473_1/Hangman-font-b-Necklace-b-font-Noose-Gothic-Creepy-Jewelry-Halloween-Art-Pendant-with-Ball-Chain.jpg

PolWatch
04-21-2015, 08:01 PM
I guess a cross in a jar of urine would have the same significance...if people had been drowning Christians in urine.

Mac-7
04-21-2015, 08:27 PM
I'm trying to find the cheery up side of a noose. Nope, can't find it. A noose has only one purpose, to hang someone.

There is no cheery side that I'm aware of.

The noose is meant to be offensive.

But it has a long history as an American form of protest dating back to the Revolutionary War.

In those days patriots hung unpopular British loyalists "in effigy" as a form of free speech.

And I don't think the King liked it any better then than you do now.

Common
04-21-2015, 08:50 PM
He had put up the confederate flag and nooses on two of his properties. When questioned about it he said it has nothing to do with being racist. I have black friends. He said do you realize how many white men were hung. He said the nooses represented I think he said his uncle who had been hung.

Dr. Who
04-21-2015, 09:01 PM
There is no cherry side that I'm aware of.

The noose is meant to be offensive.

But it has a long history as an American form of protest dating back to the Revolutionary War.

In those days patriots hung unpopular British loyalists "in effigy" as a form of free speech.

And I don't think the King liked it any better then than you do now.
Somehow, when the noose is combined with the confederate flag, it doesn't conjure up images of redcoats and loyalists being hanged in effigy. There is more recent history that fits that combination. And when such a display appears in the north, where the two are intimately and aggressively associated in the minds of Yankees with racism and the lynching of blacks, there is no doubt as to what the presenter of such a display meant to imply.

Mac-7
04-21-2015, 09:15 PM
Somehow, when the noose is combined with the confederate flag, it doesn't conjure up images of redcoats and loyalists being hanged in effigy.

There is more recent history that fits that combination. And when such a display appears in the north, where the two are intimately and aggressively associated in the minds of Yankees with racism and the lynching of blacks, there is no doubt as to what the presenter of such a display meant to imply.

It doesn't have to.

The Constitution does not limit free speech only to the past.

Hanging unpopular British loyalists in effigy was the Founding Fathers affair and it was against English law.

They knew what they were doing when they adopted the Bill of Rights that includes protection for protestors like themselves.

donttread
04-22-2015, 06:52 AM

He's an idiot, but that's not illegal. The neighbors should feel free to blast "kill whitey " music and anti red neck displays in response

metheron
04-22-2015, 09:08 PM

What it represents to me is very likely something other than what it represents to you. Which is very likely different than what the black guy down the street thinks of it which is probably very different than what guys who's great great grandad was a Confederate soldier.
So what does what it represents to me really matter in the broader discussion?
We have rude people, idiots, uneducated people, oblivious people, people that are making a point, etc...........all around us. We can't realistically legislate everything that might offend someone else or hurt someone else's feelings or that may scare them.
I think instead of trying to have local governments outlaw everything that someone is offended by, we, as a broader community should do our best to educate everyone what those particular things were used for and let people make up their own minds.
I think that kids that are scared by these things aren't being taught real well about our nation of laws. And while the display is in poor taste, they don't need to be afraid of their shadow. While at the same time teaching that even with the laws in place there are still mad people in the world and it is always s good idea to pay attention to your surroundings. And that sometimes idiots put out displays and make it easier for us to know who to keep a closer eye on.

metheron
04-22-2015, 09:11 PM

Why shouldn't the recourse be on the parents that aren't properly educating their kids about how our country works? How we are a nation of laws and how sometimes being free means that will also mean there will be some things we don't like as well?

Dr. Who
04-22-2015, 09:14 PM
Why shouldn't the recourse be on the parents that aren't properly educating their kids about how our country works? How we are a nation of laws and how sometimes being free means that will also mean there will be some things we don't like as well?
As a parent, I would certainly not take it for granted that a person with the temerity to hang nooses with a Confederate flag was harmless. Such a person might to advocating intent.

metheron
04-22-2015, 09:26 PM
As a parent, I would certainly not take it for granted that a person with the temerity to hang nooses with a Confederate flag was harmless. Such a person might to advocating intent.

I don't necessarily disagree. But your neighbor without the flag and noose is just as capable and may be more dangerous because he hasn't advertised hey look at me.
That's part of my point. We need to be observant of everyone when someone advertises something like this in an odd sort of way they are doing us all a favor.

PolWatch
04-22-2015, 09:36 PM
I wonder how many problems like this could be solved with nothing but old fashioned good manners. If people remembered that its polite to be considerate of your neighbors and their feelings.

Instead of people complaining about being politically correct, they remembered it used to be called being polite. I won't call you a name that you find offensive because I don't want to hurt your feelings. You would not hang something in your yard that I found offensive because you were considerate of my feelings.

yeap. I'm old.

Dr. Who
04-22-2015, 09:38 PM
I don't necessarily disagree. But your neighbor without the flag and noose is just as capable and may be more dangerous because he hasn't advertised hey look at me.
That's part of my point. We need to be observant of everyone when someone advertises something like this in an odd sort of way they are doing us all a favor.
Perhaps, but then they inspire confidence in others to do the same and confidence can breed arrogance and acceptance and inspire the actors to act, thinking that they have broad support.

Dr. Who
04-22-2015, 09:45 PM
I wonder how many problems like this could be solved with nothing but old fashioned good manners. If people remembered that its polite to be considerate of your neighbors and their feelings.

Instead of people complaining about being politically correct, they remembered it used to be called being polite. I won't call you a name that you find offensive because I don't want to hurt your feelings. You would not hang something in your yard that I found offensive because you were considerate of my feelings.

yeap. I'm old.

I think that sadly, such people don't even acknowledge manners, never mind the concept that others have a right to live in peace without veiled threats or obvious admiration of historical atrocities that intimate approval of same and seek to garner support.

Cthulhu
04-23-2015, 03:09 AM
C'mon man, you're reaching hella deep with that one.

The guy is a douchebag, no doubt. The the 1st amendment wasn't enacted for popular expression either.

Ignore the cretin, or just throw tomatoes. Either will solve the situation with time.

Sent from my evil, kitten eating cell phone.

Dr. Who
04-23-2015, 04:30 PM
C'mon man, you're reaching hella deep with that one.

The guy is a douchebag, no doubt. The the 1st amendment wasn't enacted for popular expression either.

Ignore the cretin, or just throw tomatoes. Either will solve the situation with time.

Ignoring such things doesn't make it go away. People resorting to self-help usually end up talking to the police.

Cthulhu
04-23-2015, 07:56 PM
Ignoring such things doesn't make it go away. People resorting to self-help usually end up talking to the police.

Well, I did mention tomatoes as well.

Dr. Who
04-23-2015, 07:58 PM
Well, I did mention tomatoes as well.

Even tomatoes can invite police intervention.

Cthulhu
04-23-2015, 11:36 PM
Even tomatoes can invite police intervention.
Only if caught.

Safety
04-24-2015, 12:24 AM
Only if caught.

I don't know why, but this dialog reminds me of this video. Moral of story, don't smoke a joint in front of a cop, even if you are the one who called them....

https://youtu.be/Fds_hupE2vQ

Hal Jordan
04-24-2015, 11:31 AM
I don't know why, but this dialog reminds me of this video. Moral of story, don't smoke a joint in front of a cop, even if you are the one who called them....

You'd think that would be common sense, but... Wizard's First Rule.

I actually saw one of those court shows where someone was suing another person for the weed they stole from him.

Cthulhu
04-24-2015, 01:25 PM

That there is a special kind of stupid. *facepalm*