PDA

View Full Version : Caprese Sandwich

Common
04-20-2015, 09:13 PM
Wife and I had to do some shopping so we stopped for lunch at a new place that friends recommended.

I had a caprese sandwich, Fresh mozzarella, pesto sauce, sauteed sundried tomato $ garlic, with arugula. Was delicious, you can opt to have grilled chicken with it, I passed on the chicken

Dr. Who
04-20-2015, 09:44 PM
My favorite is bufala mozzarella. Rarely find good bufala, but when I do, I could eat nothing but that with fresh summer tomatoes with a little balsamic and olive oil and a bit of black pepper. Maybe a little bread on the side.

PolWatch
04-20-2015, 09:45 PM
Anything is good with fresh, summer tomatoes!

Common
04-20-2015, 09:47 PM
My favorite is bufala mozzarella. Rarely find good bufala, but when I do, I could eat nothing but that with fresh summer tomatoes with a little balsamic and olive oil and a bit of black pepper. Maybe a little bread on the side.

Its really hard to find in fla. Tomatos sliced thin red onion, garlic oil, touch of balsamic, sprinkle basil and parsely. Let it sit in the fridge till its cold and the flavors meld.

Dr. Who
04-20-2015, 09:55 PM
Its really hard to find in fla. Tomatos sliced thin red onion, garlic oil, touch of balsamic, sprinkle basil and parsely. Let it sit in the fridge till its cold and the flavors meld.
Yum. You are making me so hungry.

Common
04-20-2015, 09:56 PM
Yum. You are making me so hungry.

Your making me hungry :( too late to eat

Dr. Who
04-20-2015, 09:59 PM
Your making me hungry :( too late to eat
Good thing I don't have any in the fridge. I'd be chowing down now.

PolWatch
04-20-2015, 10:09 PM
These threads always make me go to the market the next day! I want some decent tomatoes but it will be a few more weeks!

Redrose
04-20-2015, 10:15 PM
Anything is good with fresh, summer tomatoes!

I could live on tomatoes. Beefsteak, sliced thin, oil, garlic, salt, pepper and some mint.

PolWatch
04-20-2015, 10:21 PM
I can't wait until we start getting some fresh, vine ripe tomatoes....we also grow cherry tomatoes that I keep in the fridge and eat for snacks.

Redrose
04-20-2015, 10:25 PM
I like a tomato and cucumber salad, throw some garlic in there too.

A tomato stuffed with tuna salad or a seafood salad is a nice lunch. My daughter puts a slice of provolone over the top and broils it for a minute.

Dr. Who
04-20-2015, 10:28 PM
We get vine ripened, but still hot house tomatoes. They are better than average, but still not summer tomatoes. In winter, romanos are also a good alternative.

PolWatch
04-20-2015, 10:33 PM
I buy the Roma tomatoes if I can't get the fresh, vine ripened ones. A friend of my husband was growing hot house, hydroponic tomatoes. They kept telling us how good they were...all year. We finally tried some of their tomatoes. If you ever see hydroponic tomatoes, don't waste your money. They had no tomato flavor at all!

Redrose
04-20-2015, 10:39 PM
I've acquired a taste for fried green tomatoes. I like them with a bit of thousand island dressing. Can't do fried food too often though.

Common
04-21-2015, 04:50 AM
I was surprised that fla has such good tomatoes and I seem to get good tomatoes all year round. Everything in season is best of course.

Captain Obvious
04-21-2015, 08:12 AM
I'd try that but with a nice smoked salami.

Dr. Who
04-21-2015, 05:40 PM
I'd try that but with a nice smoked salami.
Is that like a dry german salami?