PDA

View Full Version : Majority believe Obama has changed country for worse

Trinnity
07-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Two-thirds of likely voters say President Obama has kept his 2008 campaign promise to change America — but it’s changed for the worse, according to a sizable majority.

A new poll for The Hill found 56 percent of likely voters believe Obama’s first term has transformed the nation in a negative way, compared to 35 percent who believe the country has changed for the better under his leadership. The results signal broad voter unease with the direction the nation has taken under Obama’s leadership and present a major challenge for the incumbent Democrat as he seeks reelection this fall.

Strikingly, 1-in-5 Democrats say they feel Obama has changed the United States for the worse.

http://thehill.com/polls/236627-hill-poll-majority-feel-obama-has-changed-country-for-worse

I say look for the signs. That ^ is one of them.
Hurry November~

kshRox
07-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Hurry November~

Thank God.
We do need to get this guy out of office.
The only thing worse than a president who is driving this country over the edge of a cliff -
is a lame duck president with nothing to lose driving this country over the edge of a cliff -

pjohns
07-09-2012, 01:07 PM
This illustrates the reason why Democrats want to make this a choice election, while painting Mitt Romney as a terrible choice; rather than as a referendum upon Barack Obama's first four years in office.

kshRox
07-09-2012, 01:55 PM
This illustrates the reason why Democrats want to make this a choice election, while painting Mitt Romney as a terrible choice; rather than as a referendum upon Barack Obama's first four years in office.

Romney is a terrible choice - but he's not a lame duck.

roadmaster
07-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Even Bill Clinton did a better job than Obama. Heck, I would take Carter back but not Hillary Clinton.

Goldie Locks
07-09-2012, 04:46 PM
I would take any back over Ubama and I would vote for an empty orange juice can over him.

patrickt
07-09-2012, 05:37 PM
I wouldn't take President Carter back. He was a horrible president, we're still living with problems he caused, and he hasn't quit yet. I actually expect President Obama to join President Carter on the left-wing lecture circuit. "Hama brings you the magic duet, Carter/Obama." I wouldn't take President Clinton--or his wife--either. As far as I'm concerned he's sold his last pardon and President Obama has his last bus on which he can raffle off seats.

Smartmouthwoman
07-09-2012, 06:28 PM
It's not fair to say Romney's a bad choice since he's never been POTUS so we have no idea how he'll operate.

On the other hand, we KNOW how lousy Obama is.

Don't fall into the left's trap of downplaying Romneys background and experience... and successes. Not saying he's perfect... but he's our only hope at this point.

unless y'all want 4 more years of Barry, that is. :smiley-char092:

kshRox
07-09-2012, 07:49 PM
It's not fair to say Romney's a bad choice since he's never been POTUS so we have no idea how he'll operate.

On the other hand, we KNOW how lousy Obama is.

Don't fall into the left's trap of downplaying Romneys background and experience... and successes. Not saying he's perfect... but he's our only hope at this point.

unless y'all want 4 more years of Barry, that is. :smiley-char092:

I disagree.
We've definitely seen how Romney operates.

He has no core value system he adheres to but moves whichever direction appears to appeal to his current audience.
He is definitely integrated well into the oiled and corrupt Republican machinery.
His social policies promote the growth of government and greater intervention into American Civil liberties.
He panders to the war machine and is very much on board with selling our children the "war hero" fable allowing international corporate interests to chew them up and foment more international hate of the United States.
He is part and parcel part of the corporate elite who are raping Joe & Jane Average citizen while cleaning out our house.
He is another ostrich with his head in the sand dodging any responsibility in righting our financial train wreck.

What more do I need to know about this guy other than there will be some modicum of discretion in his actions as he will have one eye on re-election where the Kenyan won't.

Goldie Locks
07-09-2012, 07:53 PM
I disagree.

He has no core value system he adheres to but moves whichever direction appears to appeal to his current audience.
He is definitely integrated well into the oiled and corrupt Republican machinery.
His social policies promote the growth of government and greater intervention into American Civil liberties.
He panders to the war machine and is very much on board with selling our children the "war hero" fable allowing international corporate interests to chew them up and foment more international hate of the United States.
He is part and parcel part of the corporate elite who are raping Joe & Jane Average citizen while cleaning out our house.
He is another ostrich with his head in the sand dodging any responsibility in righting our financial train wreck.

What more do I need to know about this guy other than there will be some modicum of discretion in his actions as he will have one eye on re-election where the Kenyan won't.

Well, I know he is the one the establishment wanted, but not me. So what do we do, Vote for Ubama, not vote???

kshRox
07-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Well, I know he is the one the establishment wanted, but not me. So what do we do, Vote for Ubama, not vote???

I really don't know.
I'm tempted to vote for Romney just to keep Obama from being a lame duck president.

If I do, I'll have to scrub in scalding water with lye soap to get the slimy feeling off myself.

Goldie Locks
07-09-2012, 08:05 PM
I really don't know.
I'm tempted to vote for Romney just to keep Obama from being a lame duck president.

If I do, I'll have to scrub in scalding water with lye soap to get the slimy feeling off myself.

OK, where do I send the lye soap?

kshRox
07-09-2012, 08:09 PM
OK, where do I send the lye soap?

Just sent truck-loads to Colorado - I'll find it.

Goldie Locks
07-09-2012, 08:12 PM

LOL...OK.

Were you safe from the fires???

Chris
07-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Vote to take the Senate and keep the House. Obama v Romney is a wash, but we do better with a divided government.

Smartmouthwoman
07-09-2012, 08:30 PM
I disagree.

Nonsense. What you've got is speculation. What we've got with Barack Obama is disaster. I don't think we can judge Romney just yet because he's a smart guy and is listening to what Americans are saying... even Tea Partiers. He'd have to be as evil as Barack Obama to take advantage of 'anybody but Obama' to get himself into office to work on passing his own agenda.

I just don't think Mitt Romney is evil. And I don't think he's anybody's puppet. That alone makes him 100X better than Barack Obama.

kshRox
07-09-2012, 08:41 PM
LOL...OK.

Were you safe from the fires???

Thank you for asking.
Yes, I'm in Denver and the worst fire was in Colorado Springs and the other was in near Boulder (to the South and North of me)
I had a couple friends burned out of their homes but they are ok and got the important stuff out.

Thank God for the cooler temps and rain these past days.

Peter1469
07-09-2012, 08:45 PM
I really don't know.

Here here.

kshRox
07-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Nonsense. What you've got is speculation. What we've got with Barack Obama is disaster. I don't think we can judge Romney just yet because he's a smart guy and is listening to what Americans are saying... even Tea Partiers. He'd have to be as evil as Barack Obama to take advantage of 'anybody but Obama' to get himself into office to work on passing his own agenda.

I just don't think Mitt Romney is evil. And I don't think he's anybody's puppet. That alone makes him 100X better than Barack Obama.

I don't think Romney is evil either.
But I do think he's a puppet for the same Foreign and Corporate Interests that own Obama and for that matter owned Bush.

As for speculation vs observation - Romney has been on the political scene since since the mid-90s.
He has been on the national radar for the past decade.

One point in Romneys favor is I don't think he'd have any problem verifying citizenship. (just saying)

Peter1469
07-09-2012, 08:48 PM
I don't think Romney is evil either.
But I do think he's a puppet for the same Foreign and Corporate Interests that own Obama and for that matter owned Bush.

As for speculation vs observation - Romney has been on the political scene since since the mid-90s.
He has been on the national radar for the past decade.

One point in Romneys favor is I don't think he'd have any problem verifying citizenship. (just saying)

He does have a problem with the natural born citizen thing....

His father was likely a Mexican national when Romney was born.

kshRox
07-09-2012, 08:59 PM
He does have a problem with the natural born citizen thing....

His father was likely a Mexican national when Romney was born.

I thought George Romney was born in Mexico but grew up in the United States and served as Governor of Michigan.
I don't think that would not effect Mitt Romney's status as a natural born citizen.
At most it seems you could claim he is 1st generation.

Not that I'm defending the guy and I'll be first in line when they start passing legislation to vet potential presidential candidates legitimacy before allowing them to declare.

Goldie Locks
07-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Thank you for asking.
Yes, I'm in Denver and the worst fire was in Colorado Springs and the other was in near Boulder (to the South and North of me)
I had a couple friends burned out of their homes but they are ok and got the important stuff out.

Thank God for the cooler temps and rain these past days.

Glad you are safe!!! and Lord help those who got burned out.

patrickt
07-09-2012, 09:06 PM
I disagree.

Someone said the problem isn't what we don't know but rather the things we know that are wrong. Most of what you said doesn't even reach the level of being wrong but is simply meaningless adolescent rhetoric.

kshRox
07-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Someone said the problem isn't what we don't know but rather the things we know that are wrong. Most of what you said doesn't even reach the level of being wrong but is simply meaningless adolescent rhetoric.

Not sure what you mean.
These are my observations on how Romney operates.
To me these are definitely the "wrong" attributes in what I think we need as a nation for a leader.

Romney will not change the direction we are headed.
Romney is owned by the same interests that own Obama.
To believe our politicians are not owned or to believe there is some real difference between Democrats and Republicans to me is naivete.

The two party system creates division amongst the masses distracting them with tangents while our country and civil liberties are confiscated wholesale right under our noses.

That is a realization I've come to over decades of observation.
I'm not convinced of my own infallibility, but I do hold these positions with conviction.

Chris
07-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Agree with that, kshRox, except I wouldn't say politicians are owned so much as collude with big business to trade special favors for power. The ruling class has little interest in citizens other than those it can also trade power for redistributive favors.

roadmaster
07-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Romney will not change the direction we are headed I think he will in some positive lights.

kshRox
07-09-2012, 11:05 PM
I think he will in some positive lights.

I certainly hope your right, but do not have much faith in that position.

wingrider
07-10-2012, 01:58 AM
hey... are you in Colorado?? I am also

Trinnity
07-10-2012, 02:13 AM

What more do I need to know about this guy other than there will be some modicum of discretion in his actions as he will have one eye on re-election where the Kenyan won't.Sounds just like you're describing Obama.

Chris
07-10-2012, 05:49 AM
Sounds just like you're describing Obama.

Yep, just like Obama was more of the same as Bush, Romney will just be more of the same.

Cigar
07-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Hurry November~

So I guess it's safe to say those people are Voting for Off-Shore Mitt :)

Enjoy and Good Luck

Trinnity
07-10-2012, 09:21 AM
I think it's safe to say millions will be voting for Romney.
BTW, you can shove it with the off-shore accounts bull. It's legal.

The difference between him and you, is he doesn't BRAG about his money, home, cars, vacations, etc. :rofl:

Cigar
07-10-2012, 09:42 AM
I think it's safe to say millions will be voting for Romney.
BTW, you can shove it with the off-shore accounts bull. It's legal.

The difference between him and you, is he doesn't BRAG about his money, home, cars, vacations, etc. :rofl:

90% of Voters made their mind up yeas ago ... :)

Trinnity
07-10-2012, 10:19 AM
90% of Voters made their mind up yeas ago ... :)I don't even care to have you explain that. Run along, before someone drops a house on you. :home:

Peter1469
07-10-2012, 03:18 PM
I thought George Romney was born in Mexico but grew up in the United States and served as Governor of Michigan.
I don't think that would not effect Mitt Romney's status as a natural born citizen.
At most it seems you could claim he is 1st generation.

Not that I'm defending the guy and I'll be first in line when they start passing legislation to vet potential presidential candidates legitimacy before allowing them to declare.

Are all natural born citizens citizens? Are all citizens natural born citizens? And if so, why did the Constitution only use the term natural born citizen in the qualifications for president and VIP- and nowhere else- where only the term citizen was used?

kshRox
07-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Are all natural born citizens citizens? Are all citizens natural born citizens? And if so, why did the Constitution only use the term natural born citizen in the qualifications for president and VIP- and nowhere else- where only the term citizen was used?

I don't know.
Sounds like good questions.
Are you going to elaborate or point us to some sources to help us educate ourselves?

I think it is a very valid topic in our ever increasing global environment.
We need to protect the interests of this country by guaranteeing those who are elected to high office do not have divided loyalties.
Thanks for bringing this up.

Peter1469
07-10-2012, 07:51 PM
I don't know.
Sounds like good questions.
Are you going to elaborate or point us to some sources to help us educate ourselves?

I think it is a very valid topic in our ever increasing global environment.
We need to protect the interests of this country by guaranteeing those who are elected to high office do not have divided loyalties.
Thanks for bringing this up.

The Constitution never defined natural born citizen. Legislation did. And that legislation has changed over the years. The relevant legislation would be when the particular presidential candidate was born.

patrickt
07-11-2012, 07:07 AM
It's really quite obvious but the question is, was it incompetence or intentional?

Cigar
07-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Hurry November~

Not again ... is it that time of the Month?

Deadwood
07-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Hurry November~

This is going to be one of the most interesting campaigns in modern history...even better than the Carter/Reagan bout. You may recall the charismatic Reagan suffered horribly at the hands of the media, while the incompetent Carter maintained a better than 5 point lead until the debate.

The discontent then was as great as it is now, Reagan was a much stronger campaigner than was Reagan, and let's face it, Obama is not Jimmy Carter; unlike with Carter a significant number of Americans believe his bullshit.

It is testimony to the weakness of Romney that he is not in a healthy 15 point lead.

Peter1469
07-11-2012, 03:40 PM
I think that the nation is much more polarized today than it was in the Carter/Reagan election. Probably 30-35% of the people would vote for Obama even if he got caught giving secrets to the Chinese.

kshRox
07-11-2012, 11:01 PM

Hey Cigar - that comment is out of line.

roadmaster
07-11-2012, 11:25 PM
I think that the nation is much more polarized today than it was in the Carter/Reagan election. Probably 30-35% of the people would vote for Obama even if he got caught giving secrets to the Chinese.

I be honest I am going to agree with you. They would make excesses for him.

wingrider
07-11-2012, 11:29 PM
please do not make mysogenist statements.. thank you

patrickt
07-12-2012, 09:20 AM
What truly saddens me is the abandoning of the struggle against racism.

Cigar
07-12-2012, 01:30 PM

That's the truth ... no doubt

Cigar
07-12-2012, 01:31 PM
please do not make mysogenist statements.. thank you

You're correct ... I really meant to say that time of the week.

My bad.

wingrider
07-13-2012, 12:37 AM
You're correct ... I really meant to say that time of the week.

My bad.there is No need for smart mouth replys