PDA

View Full Version : Conservative Mitt Romney Is Showered With Criticism From....Conservatives

Chris
07-10-2012, 06:11 AM
Will the Romney campaign get it?

Conservative Mitt Romney Is Showered With Criticism From....Conservatives (http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2012/07/09/conservative-mitt-romney-is-showered-with-criticism-from-conservatives/)
Last week, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney came in for a well-earned pounding from three bellwethers of the Supply Side right. The Wall Street Journal, the Weekly Standard, and Forbes.com Opinions acidly critiqued Team Romney for failing to lay out a compelling agenda....

Obama’s failed presidency has brought about a Republican and national consensus that good money, low tax rates, spending cuts, humane entitlement reform and sensible regulation are, just as Taylor says, the keys to restoring America’s prosperity. We have an empirically grounded formula for prosperity. It is consistent with America’s DNA, a formula established in liberty. The left has only shopworn dogma.

The presidential candidates address an electorate that presents as eager for just such a credible message of, and formula for, economic growth and traditional values.... Memo to Team Romney speechwriters: Onward to prosperity through free markets and don’t hesitate to spell it out....

Unless he does he won't get my vote.

The articles from the three bellwethers:

Romney’s Tax Confusion (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304141204577506652734793044.html?m od=googlenews_wsj)
Dukakis, Kerry … Romney (http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/dukakis-kerry-romney_648137.html)
It’s Time for Mitt Romney and His Economic Team to Grow Up (http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntamny/2012/07/08/its-time-for-mitt-romney-and-his-economic-team-to-grow-up/)

Peter1469
07-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Mitt is a lib.

Trinnity
07-10-2012, 03:14 PM
He needs to POUND Obama. Obama has given us plenty of material to work with.

Chris
07-10-2012, 05:24 PM
But he need do more than say "the economy stinks and it’s Mr. Obama’s fault." That mirrors Obama saying it's bad and Bush's fault.

Smartmouthwoman
07-10-2012, 05:34 PM
So, let me see if I've got this right... y'all want another man who talks pretty like Barack Obama. Says all the right things at all the right times. Another big talking, big promising, look-at-me-I'm-a-rockstar in the white house?

Are you all nuts?

Mitt Romney IS what he IS and it's unlikely he's going to dance at the end of anybody's string.

After the SC sold us down the river with Obamacare... Romney promised to begin the steps to repeal the disaster on his first day in the oval office.

How many of you are against that promise?

patrickt
07-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Gov. Romney is not a conservative but he certainly isn't as far to the left as President Obama. President Obama is even more liberal than President Nixon. Not as bright though.

Chris
07-10-2012, 06:26 PM
So, let me see if I've got this right... y'all want another man who talks pretty like Barack Obama. Says all the right things at all the right times. Another big talking, big promising, look-at-me-I'm-a-rockstar in the white house?

Are you all nuts?

Mitt Romney IS what he IS and it's unlikely he's going to dance at the end of anybody's string.

After the SC sold us down the river with Obamacare... Romney promised to begin the steps to repeal the disaster on his first day in the oval office.

How many of you are against that promise?

Are you speaking of Romney or Obama? I see no difference. I want neither in the WH.

Smartmouthwoman
07-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Are you speaking of Romney or Obama? I see no difference. I want neither in the WH.

Romney's never been president, so whatever similarity you see is no doubt caused by propaganda put out by the left. Don't drink the kool-aid, Chris. Romney was a successful businessman... but he's never been president. You're judging him w/o a trial... just like the DNC wants you to do.

Unfortunately, there are only two choices. Give Romney a chance to save our country or give Barack Obama 4 more years.

Smartmouthwoman
07-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Gov. Romney is not a conservative but he certainly isn't as far to the left as President Obama. President Obama is even more liberal than President Nixon. Not as bright though.

I'll admit that Romney hasn't always been a conservative. However, it's my opinion that he's truly listening to what the majority of Americans are telling him and his actions in office will be more conservative than his past decisions have been.

He's a good man. Compared to Barack Obama, his life is an open book. He understands business. He knows how to do a budget. He's had experience leading people. I don't believe he has a hidden agenda.

Besides... it's him or Bozo. We might as well support the man and hope for the best. The alternative is just too devastating to think about. :(

Peter1469
07-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Jimmy Carter was a good man. But the worst president, unless Obama edges him out.

Chris
07-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Romney's never been president, so whatever similarity you see is no doubt caused by propaganda put out by the left. Don't drink the kool-aid, Chris. Romney was a successful businessman... but he's never been president. You're judging him w/o a trial... just like the DNC wants you to do.

Unfortunately, there are only two choices. Give Romney a chance to save our country or give Barack Obama 4 more years.

Government's not a business. Last thing I want, next to a neighborhood organizer, is a business man run as President trying to run the economy.

Smartmouthwoman, you're not giving me anything to distinguish them.

Choice three: A third party.

Choice four: don't vote.

Captain Obvious
07-10-2012, 09:46 PM
He should be criticized, especially from conservatives.

He's a fucking chameleon, his ideology ebbs and flows with popularity, you don't have to be a fucking recluse to realize that and conservatives, and I consider myself one for the most part are concerned (at least I am) that this guy is going to push an agenda that's blended to some degree based on popular opinion.

I don't think it's a big secret that I'm no GW fan but one thing I've always given the guy credit for - he stuck to his guns. You knew where he stood on issues, there was no wavering or waffling. Romney is the complete opposite.

Trinnity
07-11-2012, 04:03 AM
Obama edged him out in his first year.