PDA

View Full Version : Former Miami mayor Hillary Clinton supporter Manny Diaz hosting event Martin O'Malley

Professor Peabody
04-23-2015, 08:46 AM
Former Miami mayor and Hillary Clinton supporter Manny Diaz hosting event for Martin O'Malley

Patricia Mazzei

As Miami mayor, Manny Diaz backed Hillary Clinton in the 2008 Democratic presidential primary. But now he's hosting a breakfast for former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley, a potential Clinton rival in 2016.

"He's not running yet, but I'll tell you, if he does run, I will endorse him," Diaz told the Miami Herald. "He's an old friend, and I'm very loyal to old friends."

Diaz praised O'Malley's work as Baltimore mayor and noted he visited him when he first got elected in Miami. Diaz ended up using Baltimore's 311 call system as a model for his own city.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2015/04/former-miami-mayor-and-hillary-clinton-supporter-manny-diaz-hosting-event-for-marin-omalley.html

WOW! Hillary is headed under the Democrat buses wheels! The Democrats threw Hillary under the bus in 2008, why would she expect any different in 2015? She might THINK she's the heir apparent for 2016, but they said the same in 2008. Hillary is simply an old war horse that lost to Obama in 2008, why would she expect to fare any better now? She should just retire NOW before she's humiliated again and loses the big buck speaking engagements. Ask Al Gore about that. He went from filling stadiums to a half Westin Crown Center ballroom in Kansas City.

Peter1469
04-23-2015, 10:09 AM
He has a solid record as governor to attack.