PDA

View Full Version : I Didn’t Even Know ...

Cigar
07-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Thanks Mitt ... for Proving a point!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/120710-thank-goodness-for-business-experience.jpg

I Didn’t Even Know About That Bermuda Company!

Benjy Sarlin

Mitt Romney disavowed any responsibility for investments in the Cayman Islands and Bermuda, saying his personal finances are part of a “blind trust” that’s out of his control. Democrats have seized on reports on the holdings, about which little is known, to demand Romney release more of his tax returns and related material.

“I don’t manage them, I don’t even know where they are,” Romney told Radio Iowa Monday of his investment portfolio. “That trustee follows all U.S. laws, all taxes are paid as appropriate, all of them have been reported to the government. There’s nothing hidden there.”

Blind trusts are common among politicians. According to an Associated Press report, records show Romney transferred 12,000 shares in the Bermuda company to his wife’s blind trust the day before he was sworn in as governor in 2003, a transaction that was not publicly disclosed at the time.
- more -

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/07/romney-bermuda-swiss-cayman-blind-trust.php

Smartmouthwoman
07-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Sounds good to me. Maybe after Romney's been in office a year or two, we'll all be saying the same thing about our money.

birddog
07-10-2012, 11:16 AM
I remember Obama getting a sweet deal on his house in Chicago. Likely illegal, but Romney has done nothing illegal.

Cigar
07-10-2012, 11:26 AM
I remember Obama getting a sweet deal on his house in Chicago. Likely illegal, but Romney has done nothing illegal.

If you're NOT getting a Sweet Deal ... then why get the House ... only Amateurs pay list.

Cigar
07-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Sounds good to me. Maybe after Romney's been in office a year or two, we'll all be saying the same thing about our money.

Yep ... in "his" offshore account with "your" Job.

JohnAdams
07-10-2012, 11:40 AM

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/120710-thank-goodness-for-business-experience.jpg

Benjy Sarlin

Mitt Romney disavowed any responsibility for investments in the Cayman Islands and Bermuda, saying his personal finances are part of a “blind trust” that’s out of his control. Democrats have seized on reports on the holdings, about which little is known, to demand Romney release more of his tax returns and related material.

“I don’t manage them, I don’t even know where they are,” Romney told Radio Iowa Monday of his investment portfolio. “That trustee follows all U.S. laws, all taxes are paid as appropriate, all of them have been reported to the government. There’s nothing hidden there.”

Blind trusts are common among politicians. According to an Associated Press report, records show Romney transferred 12,000 shares in the Bermuda company to his wife’s blind trust the day before he was sworn in as governor in 2003, a transaction that was not publicly disclosed at the time.

Romney said his Caribbean holdings were no different in terms of taxes than investing in, say, a foreign car company.

For the first time, President Obama on Monday personally joined Democrats in demanding Romney release his tax returns and clear up the nature of the companies in question.

“What’s important is if you are running for president is that the American people know who you are and what you’ve done and that you’re an open book,” Obama told a New Hampshire television station. “And that’s been true of every presidential candidate dating all the way back to Mitt Romney’s father.”

- more -

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/07/romney-bermuda-swiss-cayman-blind-trust.php

Tell ya what, Romney can release those records, when Obama releases his college transcripts...ut oh.....

Yet again the left is being about as hypocritical as it can get. Demanding Romney release such records from his past, all the while supporting and defending Obama who well has done the very same sort of thing.

Cigar
07-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Tell ya what, Romney can release those records, when Obama releases his college transcripts...ut oh.....

Yet again the left is being about as hypocritical as it can get. Demanding Romney release such records from his past, all the while supporting and defending Obama who well has done the very same sort of thing.

There's plenty of proof that Obama went to College ... from actual Classmates, Teachers, Students, Lew Reviews ... ect ect ect ect ....

Now ... pivoting beck to NON-Verifiable Accounts ...

NEXT! :)

Smartmouthwoman
07-10-2012, 12:00 PM

I'm not worried about what Romney does with HIS money... I'm worried about what Obama's doing with MY money.

patrickt
07-10-2012, 01:43 PM

Benjy Sarlin

- more -

Ah, yes, TalkingPonsmemo. Has Cigar ever seen a TalkingPointsMemo he didn't fall for? I doubt it.

So little time, so much cut and paste. Of course, when you don't have to actually think it saves a lot of time.

Peter1469
07-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Mitt's money is in a blind trust.....

Cigar
07-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Mitt's money is in a blind trust.....

I guess you wasn't watching the Real News yesterday; that was Fox doesn't tell you ... looks like it's not so blind.

Smartmouthwoman
07-11-2012, 01:56 PM

Not MY job. YOUR job?

Peter1469
07-11-2012, 03:53 PM
I guess you wasn't watching the Real News yesterday; that was Fox doesn't tell you ... looks like it's not so blind.

I don't watch Fox news.