PDA

View Full Version : I Don’t Think Someone Who Is Diagnosed With Brain Tumor Should Have Health Care ...

Cigar
07-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Republican Rep: I Don’t Think Someone Who Is Diagnosed With A Brain Tumor Should Have Health Care Provided

On Monday evening, Rep. David Dreier (R-CA) said that insurance companies should be allowed to discriminate against people with brain tumors during a House Rules Committee debate of the GOP’s bill repealing the Affordable Care Act. The law, which Republicans will vote to eliminate on Wednesday, includes a provision prohibiting insurance companies from turning away sick people.

But Dreier suggested that these individuals would be better off enrolling in state-based “high-risk insurance pools,” that could offer coverage to the individuals who are turned away from the individual health care market because they are too costly to cover:

Read more: http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/07/10/513735/republican-rep-i-dont-think-someone-who-is-diagnosed-with-a-brain-tumor-should-have-health-care-provided/

This is clearly what your future holds when you Vote Republican ... :angry:

Smartmouthwoman
07-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Not sure what your beef is... it's long been believed that catastrophic health insurance should be provided to people with catastrophic illnesses... like brain tumors. Makes no sense to expect the same insurance program to pay for his care that provides low-cost birth-control pills for 20 somethings. Two entirely different needs...

I know this doesn't fit into your typical lib one-size-fits-all agenda.... but it makes perfect sense, nonetheless.

Mainecoons
07-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Stink Progress again. Enough said.

Cigar
07-10-2012, 01:10 PM

Here Kitty Kitty ... :)

patrickt
07-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Republican Rep: I Don’t Think Someone Who Is Diagnosed With A Brain Tumor Should Have Health Care Provided

On Monday evening, Rep. David Dreier (R-CA) said that insurance companies should be allowed to discriminate against people with brain tumors during a House Rules Committee debate of the GOP’s bill repealing the Affordable Care Act. The law, which Republicans will vote to eliminate on Wednesday, includes a provision prohibiting insurance companies from turning away sick people.

But Dreier suggested that these individuals would be better off enrolling in state-based “high-risk insurance pools,” that could offer coverage to the individuals who are turned away from the individual health care market because they are too costly to cover:

Read more: http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/07/10/513735/republican-rep-i-dont-think-someone-who-is-diagnosed-with-a-brain-tumor-should-have-health-care-provided/

I think Cigar's posts are what your future holds when you vote for a liberal. Lies, misrepresentations, distortions, and all for the King. Oh, and really first class citations for references.

Smartmouthwoman
07-10-2012, 02:06 PM
I think Cigar's posts are what your future holds when you vote for a liberal. Lies, misrepresentations, distortions, and all for the King. Oh, and really first class citations for references.

I'd say you're right. Listening to him is just like listening to Barack Obama... both totally outta touch with reality.

Cigar
07-10-2012, 02:16 PM

Just here to help. :)

roadmaster
07-10-2012, 03:18 PM
And I shall be voting for Mitt.

Trinnity
07-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Me too, and the rest of NC. Barky can kiss her goodbye. <cootie shot>

coolwalker
07-11-2012, 02:22 PM
I'd say you're right. Listening to him is just like listening to Barack Obama... both totally outta touch with reality.
I'm thinking Cigar IS Obama....sitting on a bus somewhere with his laptop.

Cigar
07-11-2012, 02:24 PM

I can't remember the last time I was ever on a Bus ...

Oh wait ... Jamaica last year. :)

coolwalker
07-11-2012, 02:35 PM
I can't remember the last time I was ever on a Bus ...

Oh wait ... Jamaica last year. :)Gettin' your spliffs I imagine.

Smartmouthwoman
07-11-2012, 03:29 PM

LOL, I think it's more a case of wishful thinking. ;)

Goldie Locks
07-11-2012, 05:24 PM
LOL, I think it's more a case of wishful thinking. ;)

Delusions is more like it...;)

Captain Obvious
07-11-2012, 06:54 PM

Bingo

Too much shit on that bed to consider it newsworthy.

waltky
02-16-2017, 05:42 AM
Drug combo may help kill brain cancer...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/fingerscrossed.gif
Combination of drugs may help kill brain cancer: Study
Washington D.C. | February 16, 2017 - A team of U.S. researchers finds that a combination of drugs may help in killing of brain cancer tumour cells with high cure rates in mice.

A combination of drugs may help in killing of brain cancer tumour cells with high cure rates in mice, finds a study. The study appeared in journal Nature Communications. Researchers at the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario in Ottawa conducted the study on mice and found that a combination of drugs known as SMAC Mimetics and immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICIs) amplifies kill rates of cancer tumour cells in laboratory testing.

They also found that the new mechanism also promotes long-term immunity against glioblastoma tumours and is highly effective against breast cancer and multiple myeloma - a malignant tumour of the bone marrow. "These findings represent a significant evolution in our research and the field of immunotherapy. We are the first in the world to show the synergistic tumour-killing impact of combining SMAC Mimetics with immune checkpoint inhibitors for glioblastoma," said Robert Korneluk from the University of Ottawa. "You could say it takes two to tango. We believe that it takes a combination strategy to impact cancer cure rates," Korneluk added.

The finds indicate that SMAC Mimetics also have a powerful synergistic effect with ICIs, relatively new drugs that are showing great promise in the clinic. "Two drug companies have initiated human clinical trials this year to assess the impact of this combination of SMAC Mimetics and ICIs on patients with a variety of cancers," said another researcher ,Eric Lacasse. "Although it could be years before any clinical trials begin for adults or children with the deadly brain cancer, glioblastoma, we're looking forward to seeing how scientific evidence from these experimental treatments adds to our knowledge," Lacasse explained.

http://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ani/combination-of-drugs-may-help-kill-brain-cancer-study-117021600106_1.html

donttread
02-16-2017, 06:56 AM

See as I have said the ACA isn't perfect but you can't get rid of it until you have a better option. They don't

patrickt
02-16-2017, 08:49 AM
Not having Obamacare is a better option. it is possible to have private health insurance without holding a gun to people's head.

Now, was that worth resurrecting a five-year old threat from Cigar?