PDA

View Full Version : The One (1) Question Republicans Never can Answer ...

Cigar
07-10-2012, 02:07 PM
"You've had your tax breaks for 10 years, where are the jobs?"

Conley
07-10-2012, 02:22 PM
They will tell you things would be even worse in this country without the tax breaks.

If we had higher taxes that money would just be spent with the same waste our federal government is currently spending. The only difference is the money is being borrowed...higher taxes wouldn't make DC function any better at all.

The first step is to clean up the waste, corruption, and pork.

If you have a leaky plumbing system, you don't just increase the water flow to get good pressure. You've got to find and fix the problem at the source. Ok, I'm not a plumber. :laugh: But hopefully someone gets the analogy.

Cigar
07-10-2012, 02:26 PM
If you have fluids flowing out the wrong holes ... contact a Doctor ... not a Plumber :grin:

Peter1469
07-10-2012, 03:38 PM

Before the double economic collapse the unemployment was so low it scooped into the unemployable population.....

Lay off the drugs.

Trinnity
07-10-2012, 04:29 PM
"You've had your tax breaks for 10 years, where are the jobs?"They got squashed by dem regulations and policy. Now it's even worse because of Obamacare regulations.

We're gonna get 21 new taxes with it and those ate just the ones we know about.

kshRox
07-10-2012, 04:49 PM

Buried under subsidies to big business and layers and layers of regulations blanketed over the top of small business.

michaelr
07-10-2012, 05:00 PM

Hey partisan, your Obama is pushing to extend the so called Bush tax cuts, he extended them before. Would you like to know why? To damn bad, I am going to tell you anyway. It keeps Obama's tax exempt owners tax exempt.

Cigar
07-11-2012, 10:51 AM
They got squashed by dem regulations and policy. Now it's even worse because of Obamacare regulations.

We're gonna get 21 new taxes with it and those ate just the ones we know about.

Which one(s) ?

Mainecoons
07-11-2012, 06:02 PM
It's actually a good question. Of course if Cigar looks at the data over time, there were plenty of jobs and the deficit was falling like a rock. . . .

Until the Democrats took over and made it game over.

Captain Obvious
07-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Yeah, time to side with the bedshitters and piss off the conservative bucket carriers - I agree with Cigar.

I also agree with the suggestion that Obama is going to cut taxes on the middle class and raise them on the rich.

Cutting rich peoples taxes will not create jobs, that's primitive Reagonomics era thinking, all it does is make rich people richer - at the expense of the middle class mind you.

So I see all the conservative rags suggesting that this move will create a class war. I'm fine with that. Rich people do not drive the economy - they can stifle it out of spite of course, but capital drives economic investment - not wealth.

"Not wealth" - wealth inhibits growth, some of you may not (or may refuse to) understand that.

Peter1469
07-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Yeah, time to side with the bedshitters and piss off the conservative bucket carriers - I agree with Cigar.

I also agree with the suggestion that Obama is going to cut taxes on the middle class and raise them on the rich.

Cutting rich peoples taxes will not create jobs, that's primitive Reagonomics era thinking, all it does is make rich people richer - at the expense of the middle class mind you.

So I see all the conservative rags suggesting that this move will create a class war. I'm fine with that. Rich people do not drive the economy - they can stifle it out of spite of course, but capital drives economic investment - not wealth.

"Not wealth" - wealth inhibits growth, some of you may not (or may refuse to) understand that.

It depends on how you define rich. The current $250K figure will roll in the small businesses that are just getting by. It will kill growth.

Captain Obvious
07-11-2012, 08:11 PM
It depends on how you define rich. The current $250K figure will roll in the small businesses that are just getting by. It will kill growth.

First, small businesses with net incomes of $250k do not promote growth, but I don't disagree with your comment, all things considered.

Are we talking about business income tax or personal income tax though?

Peter1469
07-11-2012, 09:04 PM
First, small businesses with net incomes of $250k do not promote growth, but I don't disagree with your comment, all things considered.

Are we talking about business income tax or personal income tax though?

I would say personal, since many small businesses are organized that way.

Captain Obvious
07-11-2012, 09:08 PM
I would say personal, since many small businesses are organized that way.

Would make sense for them to incorporate then, no?

Practically as easy as getting a domain name on GoDaddy.

Peter1469
07-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Would make sense for them to incorporate then, no?

Practically as easy as getting a domain name on GoDaddy.

There are corporation forms that allow taxes as individuals and not as a traditional corporation. I think we are getting into the weeds.

The point is that $250 K of a limit for new taxes will stunt economic growth.

Captain Obvious
07-11-2012, 09:19 PM
There are corporation forms that allow taxes as individuals and not as a traditional corporation. I think we are getting into the weeds.

The point is that $250 K of a limit for new taxes will stunt economic growth.

Maybe S-corps, I don't remember how they work, like partnerships I think, taxed as partnership distributions but not as individual income.

Regardless, incorporating provides a corporate tax structure. Assuming that a small business incorporates and avoids a $250k personal tax hike, how would that inhibit growth?

Peter1469
07-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Maybe S-corps, I don't remember how they work, like partnerships I think, taxed as partnership distributions but not as individual income.

Regardless, incorporating provides a corporate tax structure. Assuming that a small business incorporates and avoids a $250k personal tax hike, how would that inhibit growth?

I think that partnerships are taxes as individuals.

Captain Obvious
07-11-2012, 09:42 PM
I think that partnerships are taxes as individuals.

I think you're right, I don't remember that shit from college and have little experience with partnerships but it's moot.

Incorporating puts you in a corporate tax position. Just simply incorporate if you own a pawn shop or a deli.

Peter1469
07-12-2012, 04:02 AM
I think you're right, I don't remember that shit from college and have little experience with partnerships but it's moot.

Incorporating puts you in a corporate tax position. Just simply incorporate if you own a pawn shop or a deli.

If you incorporate you are taxed twice. Once at the corporate rate, then again at the individual rate with your salary.

coolwalker
07-12-2012, 10:48 AM
The answer is because the government keeps growing...gobbling up money like Pacman. Decrease the size of government and its waste and the tax cuts will begin to work. You can't use a garden hose on a forest fire.