PDA

View Full Version : Who Said Rubio Wasn't Qualified To Be President?

Howey
04-26-2015, 08:22 AM
None other than Marco Rubio! (http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/28887653/not-long-ago-rubio-questioned-his-readiness-for-presidency)

As a Senate candidate five years ago, Rubio often dismissed suggestions that he could run for president. He'd tell people that sure, he could be president - of a condo association.

And even during his second year in the Senate, Rubio said he wasn't thinking beyond his current seat. He said he'd seen too many politicians destroy themselves by focusing on the next step up the ladder.

At that point, he saw another person as perfect for the job: his mentor, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

birddog
04-26-2015, 08:36 AM
So, those were understandable things to say at the time! Do you have a real point, or are you just engaging in partisan rambling as usual?

Mac-7
04-26-2015, 08:47 AM
The goal of libs is to disqualify every republican candidate one at a time and then crown Queen Billary president.

Green Arrow
04-26-2015, 09:11 AM
Nobody is qualified to be president. The presidency is a unique job with unique challenges.

PattyHill
04-26-2015, 09:12 AM
The goal of libs is to disqualify every republican candidate one at a time and then crown Queen Billary president.

If you know so much about liberal goals, you must secretly be leader of the liberals. You're just pretending to be conservative on this site to make conservatives look dumb, right?

Bo-4
04-26-2015, 10:52 AM
You're just pretending to be conservative on this site to make conservatives look dumb, right?

This is what i've long suspected actually. ;-)

donttread
04-26-2015, 10:57 AM
Nobody is qualified to be president. The presidency is a unique job with unique challenges.

Perhaps , but someone with some history of having balanced a budget would be nice

Green Arrow
04-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Perhaps , but someone with some history of having balanced a budget would be nice

Why? The president doesn't handle the budget, Congress does.

Peter1469
04-26-2015, 11:11 AM
The president submits a budget and congress takes it from there.

Green Arrow
04-26-2015, 11:15 AM
Congress also submits their own budgets. Point being, all budgetary power rests with Congress. The president can submit any proposal he wants, on any issue, not just the budget. The responsibility is then laid on Congress to make the decision on that proposal.

If people accurately understood the role of Congress, you could make my 12 year old nephew president and it wouldn't matter, if you filled Congress with the right people.

Howey
04-26-2015, 11:22 AM

Except you and I, remember?

PattyHill
04-26-2015, 11:23 AM
Congress also submits their own budgets. Point being, all budgetary power rests with Congress. The president can submit any proposal he wants, on any issue, not just the budget. The responsibility is then laid on Congress to make the decision on that proposal.

If people accurately understood the role of Congress, you could make my 12 year old nephew president and it wouldn't matter, if you filled Congress with the right people.

Well, would still matter - executive orders and, of course, the president often has "bully pulpit" power.

But if a third party candidate ever did become president, they'd have a hard time getting anything done if the congress/senate were controlled by traditional parties. So I agree congress is important and the president is less important if the congress is stacked one way or the other.

Howey
04-26-2015, 11:23 AM
You're just pretending to be conservative on this site to make conservatives look dumb, right?

If that's the case, there's a hell of a lot of closet liberals on this forum...

Green Arrow
04-26-2015, 11:38 AM
Well, would still matter - executive orders and, of course, the president often has "bully pulpit" power.

Executive orders are meaningless if you fill Congress with people that understand their right and responsibility to review and stop them. As for the bully pulpit, everyone in America has that. They just don't realize it.

But if a third party candidate ever did become president, they'd have a hard time getting anything done if the congress/senate were controlled by traditional parties. So I agree congress is important and the president is less important if the congress is stacked one way or the other.

*thumbs up*

Mac-7
04-26-2015, 11:50 AM
If you know so much about liberal goals, you must secretly be leader of the liberals.

If I were I would order all of them to march off the nearest cliff.

Howey
04-26-2015, 11:52 AM
Lol

donttread
04-26-2015, 05:13 PM
Why? The president doesn't handle the budget, Congress does.

Point taken. However POTUS does have some influnce

GRUMPY
04-29-2015, 11:09 AM
rubio is not constitutionally qualified for the office of the presidency, but neither was obama so it would appear that any constitutional requirement is shot....his original position with regard to immigration/amnesty should disqualify him because it demonstrates a disregard for the law, the sovereignty of this nation, the welfare of the american people and future generations....

Ivan88
04-29-2015, 01:17 PM
The word President means a tenant in lieu - lieutenant over conquered lands, holding for the foreign king.
So the real issue is, who is that foreign king?

In an ultimate sense, Christ is the King over all. And as the Prophet Daniel said, "He appoints the basest of men to rule over us;" because we been loving what He Hates, and hating what He Loves.
Moses promised that when we go astray, "Those who hate you rule over you." Daniel 4:17, Leviticus 26:17

texan
04-29-2015, 02:56 PM
None other than Marco Rubio! (http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/28887653/not-long-ago-rubio-questioned-his-readiness-for-presidency)

Wow! What a scoop!!!!! Great work........This has never happened in an election before, what would we do without your reporting!

In 04 Obama said he wasn't qualified, and then in 06 (22 months later) he learned enough no voting in the senate to run the free world............Wow! His quote? "I feel that you should know how to do the job before you apply for it." LOL