PDA

View Full Version : Looks like "Bobby" Jindal is totally gonna go there!

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 10:32 AM
Yep, it backfired mightily on Pence and Hutchinson .. but Jindal's like a honey badger - he don't care - business interests such as IBM be damned!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/23/opinion/bobby-jindal-im-holding-firm-against-gay-marriage.html?_r=1

Captain Obvious
04-27-2015, 10:33 AM
I'm so fucking sick of gay shit.

Who cares.

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 10:35 AM
I'm so fucking sick of gay shit.

Who cares.

Maybe gay shit is sick of you too? :D

PolWatch
04-27-2015, 10:37 AM
this is a better indication of wanting to run for the White House than an official announcement! I wonder if he will campaign using his nickname, Bobby, or his given name, Piyush.

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 10:41 AM
this is a better indication of wanting to run for the White House than an official announcement! I wonder if he will campaign using his nickname, Bobby, or his given name, Piyush.

"Bobby" to be sure. PiyuSSSSHH!!! ;)

Here's an interesting take on the op-ed from Salon.

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/26/bobby_jindal_just_splintered_the_gop_the_unholy_al liance_between_fox_news_and_the_1_percent_can_no_l onger_stand/

Mac-7
04-27-2015, 10:44 AM
Yep, it backfired mightily on Pence and Hutchinson .. but Jindal's like a honey badger - he don't care - business interests such as IBM be $#@!ed!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/23/opinion/bobby-jindal-im-holding-firm-against-gay-marriage.html?_r=1

Thats what makes America such a great nation.

50 different laboratories for democracy.

Captain Obvious
04-27-2015, 10:45 AM

I guess that was my take too.

After considering who his likely support base will be if he runs he made this decision, in his own best interests of course.

Hooray for democracy...

Captain Obvious
04-27-2015, 10:46 AM
Thats what makes America such a great nation.

50 different laboratories for democracy.

Unfortunately we don't live in a democracy, or a republic either.

Two party (one establishment) communism.

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 10:47 AM

After considering who his likely support base will be if he runs he made this decision, in his own best interests of course.

Hooray for democracy...

Yep, an obvious preemptive strike to steal Cruz's and Huck's thunder.

PolWatch
04-27-2015, 10:48 AM

Hooray for democracy...

Call me a cynic but I think we will see many more items like this. They have less to do with actual need or political belief than desire for publicity. Keep those non-issues roaring and no one will notice that you no different from the other 20+ people running for the same job.

Captain Obvious
04-27-2015, 10:51 AM
Call me a cynic but I think we will see many more items like this. They have less to do with actual need or political belief than desire for publicity. Keep those non-issues roaring and no one will notice that you no different from the other 20+ people running for the same job.

Yeah, I have zero interest in social conservatism and that's the great part.

Social conservatism is dead, DOA, and the GOP isn't smart enough to figure it out.

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I have zero interest in social conservatism and that's the great part.

Social conservatism is dead, DOA, and the GOP isn't smart enough to figure it out.

A few in the GOP have figured it out ... but not Piyush. He's totally convinced that it's the future of the party.

What an idiot.

PolWatch
04-27-2015, 11:05 AM
He is not an idiot. If he were an idiot he would have given the news conference and no one would have showed up. He's accomplishing what he wants...publicity. It remains to be seen how it turns out....I think the governor of Indiana tried the same thing and it blew up in his face.

Captain Obvious
04-27-2015, 11:09 AM
He is not an idiot. If he were an idiot he would have given the news conference and no one would have showed up. He's accomplishing what he wants...publicity. It remains to be seen how it turns out....I think the governor of Indiana tried the same thing and it blew up in his face.

He is a dime short of full admission though.

http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Bobby-Jindal-Portrait.jpg

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 11:38 AM

I use the term loosely. Agree, he's not technically an idiot .. but he's made many incompetent moves and is a pandering fool.

Those things together create a new definition.

PolWatch
04-27-2015, 11:44 AM
I use the term loosely. Agree, he's not technically an idiot .. but he's made many incompetent moves and is a pandering fool.

Those things together create a new definition.

Anyone who writes Jindal off could be sorely surprised. I don't really know a lot about his policies but he is the governor of Louisiana. Ha! some say. Think about it. This man of rather dark complexion managed to get elected in the state that also elected David Duke. He did not accomplish that feat without a lot of political savvy and intelligence.

The Xl
04-27-2015, 11:47 AM

http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Bobby-Jindal-Portrait.jpg

He so wants to be white and the GOP so wants him to be white.

Mister D
04-27-2015, 11:48 AM

The Bos of the world don't know when they're being played.

Captain Obvious
He so wants to be white and the GOP so wants him to be white.

Great parody song opportunity.

Wizard of Oz tune, "If I only were a wop..."

Bo-4
Anyone who writes Jindal off could be sorely surprised. I don't really know a lot about his policies but he is the governor of Louisiana. Ha! some say. Think about it. This man of rather dark complexion managed to get elected in the state that also elected David Duke. He did not accomplish that feat without a lot of political savvy and intelligence.

Assuming he jumps in (and he will) my wager is that he'll be gone by end of October. You gonna take the over? ;-)

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 11:50 AM
The Bos of the world don't know when they're being played.

I know when "Bobby" is playing percussion on the teabags.. the teabags don't however. ;-)

Cigar
04-27-2015, 11:55 AM
I think Piyush Jindal forgets if he was dropped off in a different neighborhood with a Hoodie, he'd know who his real friends are. :laugh:

PolWatch
04-27-2015, 11:57 AM

In his defense...that was not an official portrait. It was painted by a fan/citizen.

Mister D
04-27-2015, 11:58 AM
I know when "Bobby" is playing percussion on the teabags.. the teabags don't however. ;-)

I'm sure you play percussion on teabags often enough to know, Bo. :wink:

Bob
04-27-2015, 12:00 PM

Tell us what you really think.

This tells me the republican bench is very deep.

Democrats thus far only have one person they believe worthy of the white house.

It is amazing how thin the Democrats are.

PolWatch
04-27-2015, 12:01 PM
Assuming he jumps in (and he will) my wager is that he'll be gone by end of October. You gonna take the over? ;-)

I don't think he has much of a chance for 2016...but who knows? Another BUT (big word) this will get him name recognition on a national level. Prepare for screams but... the GOP is actively seeking any minority candidate to carry the banner. If he positions himself now, 4 or 8 years from now....who knows?

Cigar
04-27-2015, 12:02 PM
In his defense...that was not an official portrait. It was painted by a fan/citizen.

I think Piyush has some identity issues :laugh:

Captain Obvious
04-27-2015, 12:08 PM

Same guy who shits himself when people use the term "Barack Hussein"

:biglaugh:

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 12:13 PM
I don't think he has much of a chance for 2016...but who knows? Another BUT (big word) this will get him name recognition on a national level. Prepare for screams but... the GOP is actively seeking any minority candidate to carry the banner. If he positions himself now, 4 or 8 years from now....who knows?

Not a chance unless he figures out that the 20% hardcore religious righties aren't gonna get him elected nationally.

Slim and none on that.

PolWatch
04-27-2015, 12:13 PM

I'm more inclined to think the portrait is being displayed because it was painted by someone associated with a large political donor....I know, I'm a cynic. No other way to explain why he would subject himself to the ridicule of a portrait that obviously changes his appearance in a rather important fashion.

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 12:15 PM
I'm sure you play percussion on teabags often enough to know, Bo. :wink:

Taking you off ignore. You amuse me too damned much. ;-)

Peter1469
04-27-2015, 12:20 PM
The gays are going to socially actvise themselves back into the closet.

Cigar
04-27-2015, 01:27 PM
Same guy who $#@!s himself when people use the term "Barack Hussein"

One a Two Term President of The United States, and one will Never be President of The United States.

What's on your resume :biglaugh:

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 01:39 PM
The gays are going to socially actvise themselves back into the closet.

I'll hold my breath on that Peter.. or not. ;)

Stay tuned for legal gay marriage in all 50 states from SCOTUS coming THIS WEEK!

texan
04-27-2015, 01:44 PM
Let's be clear some of these people are not running because they expect to win....................Sometimes it is securing a base of supporters for the future........Cruz can't likely win for example, but he can send voters to a candidate for the right payday. Power and Money my friends.

I would not underestimate Mr Cruz, very smart fella. Ivy League debate champs can think on their feet with the best!

PolWatch
04-27-2015, 01:46 PM
I suspect at least half of those making noises about running are doing it simply to get publicity. Name recognition for future real attempts.

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 01:51 PM
Let's be clear some of these people are not running because they expect to win....................Sometimes it is securing a base of supporters for the future........Cruz can't likely win for example, but he can send voters to a candidate for the right payday. Power and Money my friends.

I would not underestimate Mr Cruz, very smart fella. Ivy League debate champs can think on their feet with the best!

Agreed, he knows how to play to the base and in doing so strikes me as being about 5 times as smart as Louie Gohmert.

Not that that's saying a ton mind you. My cockatiel is smarter than Louie Gohmert. ;)

Bob
I'm more inclined to think the portrait is being displayed because it was painted by someone associated with a large political donor....I know, I'm a cynic. No other way to explain why he would subject himself to the ridicule of a portrait that obviously changes his appearance in a rather important fashion.

Where can you find Gov. Jindal subjecting himself to ridicule?

I checked his government page. Can't find a thing.

texan
Absolutely!

I can't believe the dems are basically rolling out 1 candidate in an open election. They had better circle the wagons on these two unethical creeps.

Truly unbelievable.

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 04:01 PM
Tell us what you really think.

This tells me the republican bench is very deep.

Democrats thus far only have one person they believe worthy of the white house.

It is amazing how thin the Democrats are.

LoL.. better one thoroughbred than a stable of dilapidated, out of touch has beens destined for dog food and glue factories.

You hang in their Bob, your party desperately needs you! :D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--fGdpioqGSY/UsQsvzzcEII/AAAAAAAASaQ/nZeyc1YWxzc/s1600/racism36.jpg

Bob
04-27-2015, 04:33 PM
LoL.. better one thoroughbred than a stable of dilapidated, out of touch has beens destined for dog food and glue factories.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--fGdpioqGSY/UsQsvzzcEII/AAAAAAAASaQ/nZeyc1YWxzc/s1600/racism36.jpg

I feel like twins in a way. 42 years a Democrat (counting from birth to change) and 34 as a republican.

Starting at age 21, I put in 21 hard years being a loyal sycophant Democrat. I did my hitch in hell.
Glad to support the party of true freedom for all men.

You guys mocking Graham best recall he did vote in favor of Loretta Lynch.

I honestly have no clue why he did.

zelmo1234
04-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Not a chance unless he figures out that the 20% hardcore religious righties aren't gonna get him elected nationally.

Slim and none on that.

And yet, no republican has gotten to the WH without them and of course the Republicans don't elect moderates.

The Democrats are so helpful the last 2 times we chose the candidate that they said would be best and somehow they lost?

I small a rat!

PolWatch
04-27-2015, 04:41 PM
I smell an excuse....I really don't believe that the repubs nominated someone based on the dems recommendations.

Peter1469

Stay tuned for legal gay marriage in all 50 states from SCOTUS coming THIS WEEK!

That has zero to do with my comment and you know it.

Bo-4
I feel like twins in a way. 42 years a Democrat (counting from birth to change) and 34 as a republican.

Starting at age 21, I put in 21 hard years being a loyal sycophant Democrat. I did my hitch in hell.
Glad to support the party of true freedom for all men.

You guys mocking Graham best recall he did vote in favor of Loretta Lynch.

I honestly have no clue why he did.

Earth to BoB.. when you were 21 years old it was the 1960 and the age of the Dixiecrat.

Like all the other ones, you flipped when racism became out of style thanks to the Civil Rights Movement.

Good work though.. you hung in there as long as possible. ;-)

zelmo1234
04-27-2015, 04:43 PM

Unfortunately Bo, that might be, but they did it by force and not by changing the minds of the people.

I have not hear the word Fag in years and not it is back. In little old GR MI there was a gay couple that got the crap knocked out of them. I don't ever remember that happening in my lifetime.

Democrats will tell us that we will not get the gay vote with religious stances on marriage. but the truth is, that Gay people that vote for Republicans are not the ones that want special treatment because of their sexual choice.

The Fruit Cups that think they are special because of who they chose to sleep with, were never going to vote republican anyway.

It would be like the Democrats wasting time with the religious right.

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 04:46 PM
And yet, no republican has gotten to the WH without them and of course the Republicans don't elect moderates.

The Democrats are so helpful the last 2 times we chose the candidate that they said would be best and somehow they lost?

I small a rat!

Nixon was a moderate. Reagan was a moderate. Poppy Bush was a moderate (comparatively).

Bushie did a nice job pretending to be a compassionate conservative but in the end failed, because (Iraq invasion) he listened to a Higher Father who told him to spend 2 trillion killing and torturing hundreds of thousands of folks.

So what next? .. i recommend a religious kook as opposed to a grumpy old neocon or totally out of touch oligarch!

GO!!

:rofl:

Bob
04-27-2015, 04:47 PM
Earth to BoB.. when you were 21 years old it was the 1960 and the age of the Dixiecrat.

Like all the other ones, you flipped when racism became out of style thanks to the Civil Rights Movement.

Good work though.. you hung in there as long as possible. ;-)

You don't understand the CA of the 1950 or 1960s. I turned 21 in the 1960s but as I have reported previously, my high school simply had no black problem. First I knew it existed was in the Army around 1962 at Fort Ord Ca. There I was exposed to the filthy mouth of the blacks.

It was told to me by the Army Sgt it was the blacks national password. MFer Is the term i speak of.

Can you imagine sex with their own mother?

zelmo1234
04-27-2015, 04:48 PM

Yeah! Go in 3 minutes in to this and see just how much that through bread is pandering to you for your vote.

You are backing someone that will say whatever you want to here to get your vote.

You might want to take umbrage with that

PattyHill
04-27-2015, 04:50 PM
I'm so $#@!ing sick of gay $#@!.

Who cares.

And I'm so fucking tired of hetersexual shit. who cares about Kim Kardashian or Bobby Brown? and those crappy hets who want to discriminate against others?

I'm straight and I'm tired of it.

(when 90% of the news is about straight people, who cares if you're tired of 10% of it being about LGBTs?)

zelmo1234
04-27-2015, 04:50 PM
I smell an excuse....I really don't believe that the repubs nominated someone based on the dems recommendations.

Not an excuse just pointing out that Republicans never win with a moderate

Common Sense
04-27-2015, 04:51 PM
You don't understand the CA of the 1950 or 1960s. I turned 21 in the 1960s but as I have reported previously, my high school simply had no black problem. First I knew it existed was in the Army around 1962 at Fort Ord Ca. There I was exposed to the filthy mouth of the blacks.

It was told to me by the Army Sgt it was the blacks national password. MFer Is the term i speak of.

Looks like Bo has you pegged.

No black "problem"? Meaning there was no "problem" because there were no blacks at your school.

"The filthy mouths of blacks"? Yeah, only blacks say motherfucker.

I'd rather someone say motherfucker than be a racist douche.

zelmo1234
04-27-2015, 04:52 PM
And I'm so $#@!ing tired of hetersexual $#@!. who cares about Kim Kardashian or Bobby Brown? and those crappy hets who want to discriminate against others?

I'm straight and I'm tired of it.

(when 90% of the news is about straight people, who cares if you're tired of 10% of it being about LGBTs?)

Well more than 90% of the people are straight. But I remember a time when you did not have to tell people who you liked to have sex with.

You see in business I really don't care, so when someone expects special treatment I find is a bit amusing

zelmo1234
04-27-2015, 04:54 PM
What I find funny in this thread is only the democrats and leftist commented on Jindal's race?

And yet we are to believe that they are the party of inclusion? Right!

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 04:55 PM
That has zero to do with my comment and you know it.

No, it's totally germane my friend. Why would "the gays" be much interested in activism after they obtain equal rights?

On a positive note, they won't make you uncomfortable twerking with one another in parades.

Win Win!!

Peter1469
04-27-2015, 04:59 PM
No, it's totally germane my friend. Why would "the gays" be much interested in activism after they obtain equal rights?

On a positive note, they won't make you uncomfortable twerking with one another in parades.

Win Win!!
It isn't win win when gays lose ground with public opinion.

Do as thou will.

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 05:08 PM
Unfortunately Bo, that might be, but they did it by force and not by changing the minds of the people.

I have not hear the word Fag in years and not it is back. In little old GR MI there was a gay couple that got the crap knocked out of them. I don't ever remember that happening in my lifetime.

Democrats will tell us that we will not get the gay vote with religious stances on marriage. but the truth is, that Gay people that vote for Republicans are not the ones that want special treatment because of their sexual choice.

The Fruit Cups that think they are special because of who they chose to sleep with, were never going to vote republican anyway.

It would be like the Democrats wasting time with the religious right.

Hmmm, in how many ways are you wrong zelmo1234? Let me count the ways.

Was this (59 to 34) by force?

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2014-03-05-ABCPostSameSexMarriage.png

To believe that, one would have to believe that "the gays" went out and held a gun to every poll participants head.

Secondly, there is no such thing as "special rights" .. merely a RW meme. Equal is correct.

Finally, calling gay people "fruit cups" is not going to win you any new voters.. LEAST of all Log Cabin Republicans who indeed despise GOP policy on this issue.

Bob
04-27-2015, 05:09 PM
Looks like Bo has you pegged.

No black "problem"? Meaning there was no "problem" because there were no blacks at your school.

"The filthy mouths of blacks"? Yeah, only blacks say motherfucker.

I'd rather someone say motherfucker than be a racist douche.

Did you expect me to claim the blacks at my high school were a problem?

Sorry to make you unhappy. They were at Ft. Ord.

Actually, take this one day. I and a white were chatting (I was then in charge of the platoon) at the firing range and he decided to time two blacks using the vile term. (seems like you are not bothered by it. ) He told me he counted them using the word 93 times in a minute.

Anyway, it was so bad the Army ordered them to stop saying it.

I too prefer a foul word to being a racist douche.

My preference is to not say such terms.

But you go right ahead.

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 05:10 PM
Not an excuse just pointing out that Republicans never win with a moderate

Wrong.. Nixon, Ford, Reagan and GHWB were all quite moderate.

To believe otherwise means you've officially been Teabagged!

zelmo1234
04-27-2015, 05:13 PM
Hmmm, in how many ways are you wrong @zelmo1234 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=588)? Let me count the ways.

Was this (59 to 34) by force?

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2014-03-05-ABCPostSameSexMarriage.png

To believe that, one would have to believe that "the gays" went out and held a gun to every poll participants head.

Secondly, there is no such thing as "special rights" .. merely a RW meme. Equal is correct.

Finally, calling gay people "fruit cups" is not going to win you any new voters.. LEAST of all Log Cabin Republicans who indeed despise GOP policy on this issue.

Just telling you what I am seeing, they are building a wall and because they have chosen to hang in like minded communities, they are not seeing it.

It will not be open, but they will pay more for goods and services, they will start to hear the name calling again

When was the last time you heard of a Straight pride protest on collage campus? And yet it is happening.

Wait until they start trying to force churches to marry them. It is not going to get better

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 05:15 PM

"The Filthy Mouth of the Blacks" ???

Seriously Bob.. keep digging!! :cool:

For the record, i played high school and college hoops in CA with an even mix of blacks and whites between '74 and '80.

The foulest mouths of the bunch were 2 or 3 white dudes.

zelmo1234
04-27-2015, 05:15 PM
Wrong.. Nixon, Ford, Reagan and GHWB were all quite moderate.

To believe otherwise means you've officially been Teabagged!

Nixon was the last moderate that was elected.

Reagan is the father of the modern conservative movement. GHWB was a very conservative man socially. and GWB ran and talked like a conservative but governed to the left of all of the others one your list.

Bob
04-27-2015, 05:20 PM
"The Filthy Mouth of the Blacks" ???

Seriously Bob.. keep digging!! :cool:

For the record, i played high school and college hoops in CA with an even mix of blacks and whites between '74 and '80.

The foulest mouths of the bunch were 2 or 3 white dudes.

I am talking of 1962. I am not condoning the mouths of the players you were upset over.

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 05:21 PM
What I find funny in this thread is only the democrats and leftist commented on Jindal's race?

And yet we are to believe that they are the party of inclusion? Right!

No, we embrace those who were raised Hindu .. WTF happened to Piyush?

Seems as if he hath forsaken his inclusive, and more open minded Hindu roots.

Just an observation..

Bob
04-27-2015, 05:22 PM

Reagan is the father of the modern conservative movement. GHWB was a very conservative man socially. and GWB ran and talked like a conservative but governed to the left of all of the others one your list.

it takes examples to drive home your point.

Explain your hit piece on GW Bush.

I want to find out why you talk bad about him.

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 05:26 PM
Just telling you what I am seeing, they are building a wall and because they have chosen to hang in like minded communities, they are not seeing it.

It will not be open, but they will pay more for goods and services, they will start to hear the name calling again

When was the last time you heard of a Straight pride protest on collage campus? And yet it is happening.

Wait until they start trying to force churches to marry them. It is not going to get better

Yes, please bless us with evidence all these awesome "Straight Pride Protests" on college campuses.

I know college kids. I have one. She has as many gay friends as straight ones.

This is the crowd you are mightily losing with my friend.

Educated kids in this age group don't give a crap who you love.

zelmo1234
04-27-2015, 05:26 PM
No, we embrace those who were raised Hindu .. WTF happened to Piyush?

Seems as if he hath forsaken his inclusive, and more open minded Hindu roots.

Just an observation..

http://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/hinduism-and-same-sex-marriage.asp

I think that he has as they feel gay sex is unlawful? just saying?

zelmo1234
04-27-2015, 05:29 PM
Yes, please bless us with evidence all these awesome "Straight Pride Protests" on college campuses.

I know college kids. I have one. She has as many gay friends as straight ones.

This is the crowd you are mightily losing with my friend.

Educated kids in this age group don't give a crap who you love.

We had an entire thread on this

http://www.wfmj.com/story/28885520/straight-pride-week-posters-removed-from-ysu-campus

I had never heard of this before, but I am guessing that it is not the last that you will hear about it

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 05:30 PM

Interesting.. so apparently zelmo1234 believes that Reagan, who raised taxes 11 times and the debt ceiling 17 (a record) was a "real conservative".

He failed on 6 of 10 GOP Purity Test Points.. but you continue to see his .. ehh, greatness or something? ;-)

zelmo1234
04-27-2015, 05:38 PM
Interesting.. so apparently @zelmo1234 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=588) believes that Reagan, who raised taxes 11 times and the debt ceiling 17 (a record) was a "real conservative".

He failed on 6 of 10 GOP Purity Test Points.. but you continue to see his .. ehh, greatness or something? ;-)

http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/06/ronald-reagan-raised-taxes-11-times-the-real-story/

Thought that you might want to see what talking points you are actually trying to sell

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2013/06/ronald-reagan-conservative-statesman

He is to the right of even Ted Cruz! But you are a liberal and you know what you all do best when faced with the fact that he set in motion the longest peace time economic growth period in the history of this country?

Lie!

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 06:02 PM
I am talking of 1962. I am not condoning the mouths of the players you were upset over.

Once again Bob .. when it comes to you and Mac i've no clue WTF you're talking about.

Meh.. who cares, same old same old.

Iffin i was a really smart man, i'd stop reading ya!

Bo-4
04-27-2015, 06:04 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/06/ronald-reagan-raised-taxes-11-times-the-real-story/

Thought that you might want to see what talking points you are actually trying to sell

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2013/06/ronald-reagan-conservative-statesman

He is to the right of even Ted Cruz! But you are a liberal and you know what you all do best when faced with the fact that he set in motion the longest peace time economic growth period in the history of this country?

Lie!

Daily Caller and Heritage as debunkers of FUCKING FACTS?

PattyHill
04-27-2015, 08:27 PM

I used to participate in "take back the night" marches with other women - basically anti-rape marches.

I never heard of anyone even wanting to hold a "let the nights be dangerous" march.

Just because there are gay pride marches doesn't mean there need to be straight pride marches. Every day is straight pride.

It's like the old line - why is there mother's day and father's day but no children's day? because every day is children's day.

zelmo1234
04-27-2015, 08:33 PM
Daily Caller and Heritage as debunkers of $#@!ING FACTS?

I believe you posted nothing but opinion.

But as always I am happy to look at any facts that would prove me to be wrong.

Reagan did put 11 so called sin taxes into place to compromise with the Democrats that held the house and the Senate. But he lowered the to rate from 70% to 28% lower than it is today!

That is not raising taxes.

zelmo1234
04-27-2015, 08:36 PM
I used to participate in "take back the night" marches with other women - basically anti-rape marches.

I never heard of anyone even wanting to hold a "let the nights be dangerous" march.

Just because there are gay pride marches doesn't mean there need to be straight pride marches. Every day is straight pride.

It's like the old line - why is there mother's day and father's day but no children's day? because every day is children's day.

And Yet it is starting to happen. Western MI in Kalamazoo is planning to have students wear straight pride shirts for finals and this has never happened before, as far as I know.

And it is because they have taken things too far.

Bo-4
04-28-2015, 08:33 AM
I am happy to look at any facts that would prove me to be wrong.

You're not interested in facts when it comes to Bonzo.. only revisionism from Little Tucker and his goons over at Daily Caller.

Sin taxes? Meh -- a few that weren't. :D

In 1982, The Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act raised taxes by $37.5 billion per year, and the Highway Revenue Act raised the gasoline tax by $3.3 billion.

In 1983, Reagan signed off on legislation to raise payroll taxes and tax Social Security benefits for some higher earners.

In 1986, the Tax Reform Act lowered the top income tax bracket from 50 percent to 28 percent. To pay for the reductions, however, the legislation closed a number of tax loopholes.

In 1987, Reagan signed the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act that extended the telephone excise tax and eliminated a real estate tax deduction loophole.

PattyHill
04-28-2015, 08:53 AM
And Yet it is starting to happen. Western MI in Kalamazoo is planning to have students wear straight pride shirts for finals and this has never happened before, as far as I know.

I honestly don't care if they want to wear straight pride shirts. I think it's kind of stupid - everyone assumes you are straight unless you say differently - but whatever.

(that's assuming they are shirts that don't denigrate LGBTs, but really are just affirming shirts)

Bo-4
04-28-2015, 09:12 AM

So the posters were removed per your previous link because they were deemed offensive. And i can't find another story about "students for straight pride" until all the way back in 2010.

Now you suggest that Western MI is going to "HAVE STUDENTS" wear straight pride t's for finals (as if the college itself is suggesting or mandating it).

Pure silliness, and there's nothing on the Internets to back you up.

Silly doesn't become you @zelmo1234 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=588). This is not a movement of any sort. It's a few insecure malcontents seeking attention.

Bo-4
04-28-2015, 09:18 AM
I honestly don't care if they want to wear straight pride shirts. I think it's kind of stupid - everyone assumes you are straight unless you say differently - but whatever.

(that's assuming they are shirts that don't denigrate LGBTs, but really are just affirming shirts)

I don't care either, but anyone who would wear a straight pride t-shirt is a flat-out idiot. ;-)

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003771442/4252485580_bad_idea_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

PattyHill
04-28-2015, 09:35 AM
I don't care either, but anyone who would wear a straight pride t-shirt is a flat-out idiot. ;-)

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003771442/4252485580_bad_idea_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Totally agree!

Captain Obvious
04-28-2015, 09:47 AM

"Do as I say, not as I do"

"We can have ours, you can't have yours"

Progress at it's finest.

Bo-4
04-28-2015, 10:11 AM
It isn't win win when gays lose ground with public opinion.

Do as thou will.

But they haven't lost ground with public opinion, or was that just a hunch of yours? ;)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/files/2013/03/gay-marriage-trend21.jpg

Common
04-28-2015, 10:23 AM
One day in the future I have hopes that people wont believe what the media is shoving down your throat as the flavor of the day and they wont believe one side polls created only to achieve the desired results to push their agenda.

I read an article the other day by a gay man about instead of gays going through the courts and continually being successful, they seem to believe badgering individual americans will further their cause. He rightfully stated just the opposite is true.
He sited polls that showed everytime the LBGT community starts badgering straights over nonesense polling reflects a huge drop in support. Of course the media wont report that.

He intelligently stated I just dont want legal protection. I want acceptance, I want to be accepted as a person and an american no matter what my sexual orientation is. We will never get that by being loud and in the face of everyday americans who have nothing to say in the end if same sex marriage is legalized or not. He further stated that laws didnt stop racism, which I quoted to safety the other day and laws wont stop homophobia and myths about gays and disdain for gays. You have to change those beliefs through actions and acting like many gays do just makes that all the more harder.

Moral: The law and courts dont dictate how people think. It doesnt change any of their beliefs or attitudes. They have to be shown they are wrong and badgering them just makes them all the more adamant that they have been right all along.

Peter1469
04-28-2015, 11:10 AM
Post 83 trumps post 82.

zelmo1234
04-28-2015, 06:44 PM
So the posters were removed per your previous link because they were deemed offensive. And i can't find another story about "students for straight pride" until all the way back in 2010.

Now you suggest that Western MI is going to "HAVE STUDENTS" wear straight pride t's for finals (as if the college itself is suggesting or mandating it).

Pure silliness, and there's nothing on the Internets to back you up.

Silly doesn't become you @zelmo1234 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=588). This is not a movement of any sort. It's a few insecure malcontents seeking attention.

I didn't even know that it happened in 2010.

And I did not mean to make is sound like the college was promoting it. But am making a point that this is now being talked about by students. Which historically have sided with the more progressive movements.

So to me this is a telling change. Maybe I just did not hear about it in the past.

zelmo1234
04-28-2015, 06:46 PM
"Do as I say, not as I do"

"We can have ours, you can't have yours"

Progress at it's finest.

Liberals have always supported the speech that agrees with their point of view. They have tried to silence that the takes an opposing side.