PDA

View Full Version : Scott Walker's phony "fiscal conservatism"

Bo-4
04-29-2015, 12:04 PM
Do as he says kids -- not as he does.

He's actually just like you ... in debt! ;-)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/28/scott-walker-is-just-like-you-in-debt.html

Chris
04-29-2015, 12:36 PM
Fiscal conservatism has to do with restraining government spending.

Bo-4
04-29-2015, 01:03 PM

But wait Chris, isn't it conservatives who claim government budgets are just like your household budget?

And isn't it Walker who laid claim to PERSONAL fiscal conservatism as he packed a "brown bag lunch" and tooled around in a Saturn in his campaign ads?

He's a hypocrite.

You might be interested in this awesome letter to my state newspaper today..

Wisconsin is in disrepair and Scotty's policies have NOT led to jobs jobs jobs.

Merely a Koch puppet doing bidding for the uber-wealthy at the expense of middle class.

--------

It is a rare opportunity when you can actually see into the future, and the Idaho Legislature has the unique opportunity to do just that. I suggest we send a contingent to Wisconsin to meet with Gov. Scott Walker and have him take them on a driving tour of their great state. I was there this past fall on business and traveled the main highways and secondary roads for several days.

Two things stood out to me: The state is drop-dead beautiful but their infrastructure (roads and bridges) are in a shambles. I was absolutely amazed that Gov. Walker would place his campaign signs on the side of these roads. The cost of letting our roadways and bridges fall into disrepair is more than we can afford. We must find a way to keep Idaho beautiful and travelable.

JEFF JACOBS, BOISE

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/04/28/3775888/letter-infrastructure.html#storylink=cpy

Captain Obvious
04-29-2015, 01:07 PM
I was getting worried, there haven't been any barrel-bottom scraping, hack smear threads on Walker lately, I was thinking that he's no longer considered a strong candidate by the low information crowd.

Whew... I feel a little better now.

Bo-4
04-29-2015, 01:11 PM
I was getting worried, there haven't been any barrel-bottom scraping, hack smear threads on Walker lately, I was thinking that he's no longer considered a strong candidate by the low information crowd.

Whew... I feel a little better now.

You're welcome! ;-)

Common
04-29-2015, 01:24 PM
There doesnt need to be any new revelations about Scott Walker as far as im concerned. His record of boning the working class is more than enough for my personal label of him as a Skank

Chris
04-29-2015, 01:37 PM
But wait Chris, isn't it conservatives who claim government budgets are just like your household budget?

And isn't it Walker who laid claim to PERSONAL fiscal conservatism as he packed a "brown bag lunch" and tooled around in a Saturn in his campaign ads?

He's a hypocrite.

Merely a Koch puppet doing bidding for the uber-wealthy at the expense of middle class.

--------

It is a rare opportunity when you can actually see into the future, and the Idaho Legislature has the unique opportunity to do just that. I suggest we send a contingent to Wisconsin to meet with Gov. Scott Walker and have him take them on a driving tour of their great state. I was there this past fall on business and traveled the main highways and secondary roads for several days.

Two things stood out to me: The state is drop-dead beautiful but their infrastructure (roads and bridges) are in a shambles. I was absolutely amazed that Gov. Walker would place his campaign signs on the side of these roads. The cost of letting our roadways and bridges fall into disrepair is more than we can afford. We must find a way to keep Idaho beautiful and travelable.

JEFF JACOBS, BOISE

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/04/28/3775888/letter-infrastructure.html#storylink=cpy

Not that I know of, next.

texan
04-29-2015, 01:51 PM
but wait chris, isn't it conservatives who claim government budgets are just like your household budget?

And isn't it walker who laid claim to personal fiscal conservatism as he packed a "brown bag lunch" and tooled around in a saturn in his campaign ads?

He's a hypocrite.

Wisconsin is in disrepair and scotty's policies have not led to jobs jobs jobs.

Merely a koch puppet doing bidding for the uber-wealthy at the expense of middle class.

--------

it is a rare opportunity when you can actually see into the future, and the idaho legislature has the unique opportunity to do just that. I suggest we send a contingent to wisconsin to meet with gov. Scott walker and have him take them on a driving tour of their great state. I was there this past fall on business and traveled the main highways and secondary roads for several days.

Two things stood out to me: The state is drop-dead beautiful but their infrastructure (roads and bridges) are in a shambles. I was absolutely amazed that gov. Walker would place his campaign signs on the side of these roads. The cost of letting our roadways and bridges fall into disrepair is more than we can afford. We must find a way to keep idaho beautiful and travelable.

jeff jacobs, boise

read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/04/28/3775888/letter-infrastructure.html#storylink=cpy

weak!

Bo-4
04-29-2015, 01:57 PM

Then you haven't been paying the slightest bit of attention.

Bo-4
04-29-2015, 01:59 PM
weak!

Oh -- And how is that?

Looks more like a weak dodge to me! ;)

Chris
04-29-2015, 02:00 PM
Then you haven't been paying the slightest bit of attention.

Why am I only hearing that from a liberal progressive?

Bo-4
04-29-2015, 02:03 PM
There doesnt need to be any new revelations about Scott Walker as far as im concerned. His record of boning the working class is more than enough for my personal label of him as a Skank

I gave those lazy-ass middle class workers one THIS big!!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/hgBdpVmsSjnrjbebg574UQOpnc4juv63XiDLQ_zmRVWx-LksyFN4z_qJuHYalsTTaps__uTC_-2DEigAPNJtUirnFkusU1VsZEzC7uPrb26lFsBkp8IAsw=w426-h284

Bo-4
04-29-2015, 02:05 PM
Why am I only hearing that from a liberal progressive?

Elaborate on your failure to understand that it (government budget same as household) is one of Walker and the Republicans MAJOR points.

Chris
04-29-2015, 02:09 PM
Elaborate on your failure to understand that it (government budget same as household) is one of Walker and the Republicans MAJOR points.

It is? I don't listen to him. But I have little doubt your twisting what he says with your own emotional appeals.

Government is neither a household nor a business. All it ever does is redistribute wealth. And incarcerate or kill people.

Bo-4
04-29-2015, 02:19 PM
It is? I don't listen to him. But I have little doubt your twisting what he says with your own emotional appeals.

Government is neither a household nor a business. All it ever does is redistribute wealth. And incarcerate or kill people.

I give up on this one with you Chris. If you missed it, then you should remove the blinders. This is all they talked about during the last debt ceiling increase, and Walker was no exception.

House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio: "Every family in America has to balance their budget. Washington should, too."

Rep. Scott Garrett, R-N.J.: "You know, every family in America understands the necessity of a balanced budget."

Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, R-Wis.: "This is how every family tries to live in good times and in bad. Your government should do the same."

Chris
04-29-2015, 02:21 PM
I give up on this one with you Chris. If you missed it, then you should remove the blinders. This is all they talked about during the last debt ceiling increase, and Walker was no exception.

House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio: "Every family in America has to balance their budget. Washington should, too."

Rep. Scott Garrett, R-N.J.: "You know, every family in America understands the necessity of a balanced budget."

Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, R-Wis.: "This is how every family tries to live in good times and in bad. Your government should do the same."

Frankly I just don't pay attention to them. They're politicians.

They're not saying they're the same. They're appealing commonsense that one ought to balance one's budget. Don't you agree?

The Sage of Main Street
04-29-2015, 03:27 PM

Whew... I feel a little better now. Now you're a happy cow and will produce a lot of Cheeseheads.

Professor Peabody
04-29-2015, 04:05 PM

If that's the best they got on Walker, Hillary's in big BIG trouble.

zelmo1234
04-29-2015, 04:16 PM
Do as he says kids -- not as he does.

He's actually just like you ... in debt! ;-)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/28/scott-walker-is-just-like-you-in-debt.html

Maybe that is just what the country needs someone just like the people.

You would rather have a 1% er?

zelmo1234
04-29-2015, 04:27 PM

He's a hypocrite.

--------

JEFF JACOBS, BOISE

If you were calling out Hilary too, I might have some sympathy for your stance, but you support that.

I think that you might find that having to run for Gov. 3 times in 4 years might get expensive.

And now that he has a double digit lead in Iowa, I suspect that the attacks form the left will increase.

zelmo1234
04-29-2015, 04:28 PM

Yes that low unemployment and increasing wages is a bitch, They should more to democrat run states and cities where they can be on unemployment and lower wages

zelmo1234
04-29-2015, 04:30 PM

Do you have a link to that? And one that says that you should not be in debt,,

I think they are talking about paying your bills and it looks like he is

del
04-29-2015, 04:31 PM

deny, deny, deny

lol

Chris
04-29-2015, 04:34 PM
deny, deny, deny

lol

Warms my heart that you care. :)

del
04-29-2015, 04:56 PM
Warms my heart that you care. :)

you're not the brightest bulb in the sign, are you?

donttread
04-29-2015, 05:04 PM

and nothing to do with anyone in washington, except rand paul

Chris
04-29-2015, 05:16 PM
and nothing to do with anyone in washington, except rand paul

Not really sure about him either.

Chris
04-29-2015, 05:17 PM
you're not the brightest bulb in the sign, are you?

And you care because....?

Professor Peabody
04-29-2015, 05:27 PM
Do you have a link to that? And one that says that you should not be in debt,, I think they are talking about paying your bills and it looks like he is I'd much rather have a 4 year Governor with some credit card debt that didn't abuse his elected position than a Secretary of State using a tax free "charity" to launder pay to play money.

donttread
04-30-2015, 06:20 AM
Not really sure about him either.

Closest thing we have, by far

Bo-4
04-30-2015, 07:18 AM
If you were calling out Hilary too, I might have some sympathy for your stance, but you support that.

I think that you might find that having to run for Gov. 3 times in 4 years might get expensive.

And now that he has a double digit lead in Iowa, I suspect that the attacks form the left will increase.

AHA.. okay, every time you call out Obama for anything - i shall demand that you call out a Republican for something completely unrelated.

Running for governor gets expensive so he was using his own credit cards?

Don't make me laugh.. do you have any idea how much he got from the Koch's and their tangled web of wonderful sounding front groups?

:D

birddog
04-30-2015, 09:17 AM
"President Walker" has a nice ring to it! After the atrocities and incompetence of The Kenyan, it will be wonderful to have an honest and competent President again.:smiley:

zelmo1234
04-30-2015, 09:21 AM
AHA.. okay, every time you call out Obama for anything - i shall demand that you call out a Republican for something completely unrelated.

Running for governor gets expensive so he was using his own credit cards?

Don't make me laugh.. do you have any idea how much he got from the Koch's and their tangled web of wonderful sounding front groups?

:D

What would you like me to call out the republicans on I have a huge list of grievances with them as well

But you all will run cover for Hillary and then call out the Republican.

So my question is, did he default on his credit cards? Is he borrowing more money to pay them? If not then we really should have no issue, should we.

Bo-4
04-30-2015, 11:32 AM
What would you like me to call out the republicans on I have a huge list of grievances with them as well

But you all will run cover for Hillary and then call out the Republican.

So my question is, did he default on his credit cards? Is he borrowing more money to pay them? If not then we really should have no issue, should we.

Yes, the issue is hypocrisy. Not sure why you fail to see it.

Oh wait, never mind. ;)

Mr. Right
04-30-2015, 12:34 PM
The article stated that Walker gives back his salary to the state. That's a true public servant. Seems he could wipe out all of the CC debt by withholding some of that give back.

I note the statement regarding what Koch brothers may have donated, but why do we never hear about the millions coming from Soros and assorted Arab sheiks? Soros should be arrested for his role in the destruction of Ferguson and likely Baltimore.