PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare Now Estimated to Cost $2.6 Trillion in First Decade

Trinnity
07-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Obamacare Now Estimated to Cost $2.6 Trillion in First Decade (http://Obamacare Now Estimated to Cost $2.6 Trillion in First Decade<br />)

The Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee will later today release the following chart, detailing the rising projected cost of President Obama's signature legislation, Obamacare:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/all/files/images/-2.img_assist_custom-640x469.png

The latest estimate, as the chart details, is that Obamacare will cost $2.6 trillion dollars in its first real decade. The bill does not fully go into effect until 2014, therefore the estimate begins with that year.

This one law can and will bankrupt this country. If we don't repeal it, we're finished.

roadmaster
07-11-2012, 05:29 PM
If he would stop all the civil wars, paying for illegals and giving money to foreign countries than we could easily afford it without our taxes going up and people being able to have their own health insurance if they wish.

Not going to happen.

Shoot the Goose
07-11-2012, 05:32 PM
This one law can and will bankrupt this country. If we don't repeal it, we're finished.

If it were a bet that could be followed, and then reconciled when the time came, you can bet it will cost at least 50% more again if not repealed.

Using Medicare as an example, its projected cost for the first 25 years (1965-1990) was about $10 billion. Its actual cost for the first 25 years was just over $100 B. 10 times more.

But the libtards could care less. To them it is all someone else's money. Even if its their kids'.

Peter1469
07-11-2012, 05:53 PM
And in the first decade there is a least 4 years of no costs, just taxes.

Trinnity
07-11-2012, 05:55 PM
If he would stop all the civil wars, paying for illegals and giving money to foreign countries than we could easily afford it without our taxes going up and people being able to have their own health insurance if they wish.

Not going to happen.No, we could never afford socialized medicine. It's a black hole for money. But with the conditions you mentioned, we'd have more jobs and people prolly could afford the insurance in the private market. You take a high deductible and pay for all he little stuff out of pocket. Now, private ins has gone through the roof in anticipation of some of the conditions of Obamacare - like covering pre-existing conditions with no wait.

Trinnity
07-11-2012, 05:55 PM
And in the first decade there is a least 4 years of no costs, just taxes.No costs or no benefits?

Goldie Locks
07-11-2012, 06:07 PM

Write your Governor. I wrote mine and at this time Indiana is still thinking about it??? Gwad hep us.

Goldie Locks
07-11-2012, 06:10 PM

Not going to happen.

I still don't think we could afford it and who wants socialized medicine anyway???

Peter1469
07-11-2012, 06:27 PM
No costs or no benefits?

The benefits create the costs.

Goldie Locks
07-11-2012, 06:39 PM
The benefits create the costs.

Yes, benefits for those not paying.

Peter1469
07-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Yes, benefits for those not paying.

= costs

Trinnity
07-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Write your Governor. I wrote mine and at this time Indiana is still thinking about it??? Gwad hep us.Better yet, I'm gonna help replace my Governor. She's Bev Purdue. A crazy crazy batshit crazy democrat. She suggested a few months ago that we suspend elections.

Do you remember hearing about that?

Goldie Locks
07-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Better yet, I'm gonna help replace my Governor. She's Bev Purdue. A crazy crazy batshit crazy democrat. She suggested a few months ago that we suspend elections.

Do you remember hearing about that?

Sorry, but write anyway.