PDA

View Full Version : 6 Baltimore police officers, all in custody, to face criminal charges for death

Common
05-01-2015, 03:25 PM
If their found guilty then they got what they earned.

Baltimore’s mayor vowed that "there will be justice" shortly before all six police officers facing charges in connection with the Freddie Gray homicide surrendered Friday.

The last of the half-dozen arrived at the Baltimore Central Booking and Intake Center on Friday afternoon, shortly after the swift and stunning announcement about their impending prosecution.
"There will be justice for Freddie Gray, there will be justice for his family, there will be justice for Baltimore," Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake said at a Friday press conference.
The mayor's words follow the city’s top prosecutor similarly promising justice for Gray, announcing criminal charges against the six city cops involved in the arrest of the man who suffered a fatal neck injury while in police custody.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/baltimore-cops-face-charges-freddie-gray-death-article-1.2206591

exotix
05-01-2015, 03:45 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/2q0smea.jpg

Blackrook
05-01-2015, 03:57 PM
It looks like these cops will get a Communist show trial where the verdict is already determined to be guilty.

pjohns
05-01-2015, 04:03 PM
I don't know, for a certainty, if there was any criminal negligence involved here. I was not there.
Frankly, neither do those who are governed by a sense of schadenfreude know.

And the charge of first-degree homicide (leveled against one officer, I understand) does seem like quite a stretch.

This much I do know, however: It would be a real shame if the district-attorney's office were influenced by public pressure.

And I am fearful that this is exactly what happened...

PolWatch
05-01-2015, 04:06 PM
For anyone to say that justice was served, they need to look at the records of how the department has handled problems in the past. I don't think this situation came up overnight. The number of cases and $$$ paid seems to indicate that there was a problem higher up the chain of command than these 5 cops. Something had to make them believe this behavior was acceptable. To ignore the situation that created this means it will happen again.

Common
05-01-2015, 04:15 PM
I don't know, for a certainty, if there was any criminal negligence involved here. I was not there.

And the charge of first-degree homicide (leveled against one officer, I understand) does seem like quite a stretch.

This much I do know, however: It would be a real shame if the district-attorney's office were influenced by public pressure.

The district attorney and the mayor and others have been influenced. That does change if they actually did something wrong or not. Theyve been indicted no one knows what the investigation shows or what evidence they are basing the indictment on. Just like citizens that get indicted many dont get convicted.

Peter1469
05-01-2015, 04:18 PM
The "rough ride" is a problem for the cops. Probably manslaughter or some sort of depraved indifference.

del
05-01-2015, 04:21 PM

there is no first degree homicide charge

Howey
05-01-2015, 05:10 PM
It looks like these cops will get a Communist show trial where the verdict is already determined to be guilty.

I'm positive it'll be more fair than the Zimmerman trial.

JDubya
05-01-2015, 05:23 PM
I'm positive it'll be more fair than the Zimmerman trial.

And the result will be the same.

Acquittal.

Gonna be a fun day.

Common Sense
05-01-2015, 05:35 PM
It seems that the Baltimore PD have tried to intimidate or get back at the guy who filmed the arrest. He was arrested by Baltimore PD.

Arresting people and then not charging them is a tactic police sometimes use to "punish" people.

https://news.vice.com/article/we-spoke-to-kevin-moore-the-man-who-filmed-freddie-grays-arrest?utm_source=vicefbus

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 05:36 PM

Baltimore’s mayor vowed that "there will be justice" shortly before all six police officers facing charges in connection with the Freddie Gray homicide surrendered Friday.

The last of the half-dozen arrived at the Baltimore Central Booking and Intake Center on Friday afternoon, shortly after the swift and stunning announcement about their impending prosecution.
"There will be justice for Freddie Gray, there will be justice for his family, there will be justice for Baltimore," Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake said at a Friday press conference.
The mayor's words follow the city’s top prosecutor similarly promising justice for Gray, announcing criminal charges against the six city cops involved in the arrest of the man who suffered a fatal neck injury while in police custody.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/baltimore-cops-face-charges-freddie-gray-death-article-1.2206591

It would have been much better if they had run from the police and gotten themselves killed.

Howey
05-01-2015, 05:37 PM
It would have been much better if they had run from the police and gotten themselves killed.

I actually agree with you.

Common Sense
05-01-2015, 05:38 PM

You shouldn't.

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 05:41 PM

Then the gays could have their chance to riot, too.

donttread
05-01-2015, 06:51 PM

What part of "broken spinal" and crushed voice box" don't you get? I'd of fed the bastards to the mob

donttread
05-01-2015, 06:52 PM

Well it does shed some light on why he ran

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 06:55 PM
What part of "broken spinal" and crushed voice box" don't you get? I'd of fed the $#@!s to the mobI don't get the part about why Mosby didn't mention that as part of the probable cause for the cop's arrest.

Well it does shed some light on why he ranSame reason that they should have run.

donttread
05-01-2015, 06:57 PM

I think the DA was influenced by you know the getting entering the police van walking and talking and exiting it with fatal injuries. I thought manslaughter was the most serious charge filed?

del
05-01-2015, 06:59 PM
I think the DA was influenced by you know the getting entering the police van walking and talking and exiting it with fatal injuries. I thought manslaughter was the most serious charge filed?

second degree murder "depraved heart"

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 07:00 PM

There's a 2nd degree murder charge thrown in there for the driver, I believe.

They've just released the cop's booking photos. They are a racially diverse group of men and women.

Common
05-01-2015, 07:02 PM
I still havent read what theyve based the indictments on. Im interested in reading they particulars.

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 07:05 PM
I still havent read what theyve based the indictments on. Im interested in reading they particulars.

From what I could tell, the arrest was illegal. After that it seemed to be what the cops didn't do, more than what they did do.

Namely, they didn't get the guy medical attention. There was no mention of rough rides, a beating, anything like that.

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Here is a link to the cops booking photos

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/594288720246898688/photo/1

PolWatch
05-01-2015, 07:14 PM
what they didn't do? I guess he broke his own neck? Talented fella....someone did remark that he was doing it to himself so he could sue someone....probably based on the witness who was put into the van after he was prone on the floor?

Peter1469
05-01-2015, 07:16 PM

I bet Smoking Gun has them by now.

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 07:17 PM
what they didn't do? I guess he broke his own neck? Talented fella....someone did remark that he was doing it to himself so he could sue someone....probably based on the witness who was put into the van after he was prone on the floor?

At the press conference Mosby said the probable cause was based on the negligence of the officers.

exotix
05-01-2015, 07:24 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/1gq9t0.jpg

Howey
05-01-2015, 07:25 PM
There's a 2nd degree murder charge thrown in there for the driver, I believe.

They've just released the cop's booking photos. They are a racially diverse group of men and women.
Good. I called the driver out yesterday.

Dr. Who
05-01-2015, 07:26 PM

I said it wasn't racial, it is systemic behavior with some police officers losing sight of the fact that there is a system to adjudicate guilt or innocence that doesn't allow them to treat people according to their level of irritation on any given day. I would call it depraved indifference, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what it's called, a man died because some officers at the very least didn't care enough to at least abide by their own protocol.

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 07:28 PM

Good. I called the driver out yesterday.

That would be Mr. Goodson.

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 07:30 PM
I said it wasn't racial, it is systemic behavior with some police officers losing sight of the fact that there is a system to adjudicate guilt or innocence that doesn't allow them to treat people according to their level of irritation on any given day. I would call it depraved indifference, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what it's called, a man died because some officers at the very least didn't care enough to at least abide by their own protocol.

That same system will now adjudicate their guilt or innocence.

Tahuyaman
05-01-2015, 07:30 PM

charges will be dismissed with three of these officers. The other three will be sacrificed.

Tahuyaman
05-01-2015, 07:33 PM

So, do you have any comment pertaining to the release of these booking photos?

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 07:33 PM
charges will be dismissed with three of these officers. The other three will be sacrificed.

Here's a possibility:

The prosecutors will now put the pressure on certain players to flip on their fellow officers and offer them a deal to testify.

GrassrootsConservative
05-01-2015, 07:37 PM
The "rough ride" is a problem for the cops. Probably manslaughter or some sort of depraved indifference.

See my signature. :)

Government is the problem. Those that support government ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Common
05-01-2015, 07:38 PM

Whoa its a racial wash

Dr. Who
05-01-2015, 07:39 PM
That same system will now adjudicate their guilt or innocence.
Yes it will.

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 07:41 PM
Whoa its a racial wash

Certainly changes the narrative some.

I don't know the law, but are police obligated to seek medical attention for everyone who requests it? If so, this could put a crimp in Obamacare.

exotix
05-01-2015, 07:42 PM
So, do you have any comment pertaining to the release of these booking photos?
Looks like we have murderous thuggery dispersed equitably ...

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 07:44 PM

Hopefully you're only calling the white defendants thugs.

exotix
05-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Just In

All 6 cops have posted bail and released

Tahuyaman
05-01-2015, 07:46 PM

you're not happy about that, huh?

exotix
05-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Hopefully you're only calling the white defendants thugs.
you're not happy about that, huh?
I've been watching former whistleblower black Baltimore cop Joe Crystal describe what the white cops did to him because he was gonna rat 'em out for beating blacks in custody senseless ... so you decide.

Bob
05-01-2015, 07:47 PM

I saw the 4 white arresting officers, finally today on my CBS news.

They are done. Blacks want them in prison. Blacks will no doubt win.

As to the injured officers, victims of the melee, no doubt those officers will get time off and told to suck it up. The people hurting the officers, never will face charges.

Tahuyaman
05-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Whoa its a racial wash

Certainly changes the narrative some.

How does the racial make up of the police officers charged change anything?

Bob
05-01-2015, 07:49 PM
I've been watching former whistleblower black Baltimore cop Joe Crystal describe what the white cops did to him because he was gonna rat 'em out for beating blacks in custody senseless ... so you decide.

That's nice rastis.

PolWatch
05-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Being told to suck it up isn't quite the same as being buried...is it?

Bob
05-01-2015, 07:50 PM

Don't worry. if they can figure out how, those officers will hang from a city tree until dead. I mean, they found them guilty today.

JDubya

Given that some of them are black, when they all get acquitted the riots won't be so bad.

Tahuyaman

What does that have to do with the racial make up with these six officers?

Bob
Being told to suck it up isn't quite the same as being buried...is it?

Meaning what??

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 07:51 PM

Sounds like a No.

lol

Tahuyaman
05-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Given that some of them are black, when they all get acquitted the riots won't be so bad.

Only three of of these officers will be convicted. Charges against the other three will be dropped.

exotix
05-01-2015, 07:52 PM
What does that have to do with the racial make up with these six officers?
Well quit kidding ... the blacks had to go along with the whites ... now they're murderers ... duh.

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 07:54 PM

White racist cops kill innocent black man will now be amended to abusive cops murder innocent black man.

Tahuyaman
05-01-2015, 07:54 PM
Don't worry. if they can figure out how, those officers will hang from a city tree until dead. I mean, they found them guilty today.

The three who will eventually go to trial will undoubtedly be convicted.

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 07:55 PM
Well quit kidding ... the blacks had to go along with the whites ... now they're murderers ... duh.

The driver was alone in the van with Gray and is the only one charged with murder.

Tahuyaman
05-01-2015, 07:56 PM
White racist cops kill innocent black man will now be amended to abusive cops murder innocent black man.

They, liberals, can figure out a way to ignore, or minimize the level of participation of the African American officers.

JDubya
05-01-2015, 07:56 PM

Yeah, that's what they were saying about Zimmerman.

JDubya
05-01-2015, 07:57 PM
They, liberals, can figure out a way to ignore, or minimize the level of participation of the African American officers.

They're ALL going to walk.

Dollars to donuts.

GRUMPY
05-01-2015, 07:58 PM

this was not mentioned by the da nor the other passenger.....

Susan B. Anthony

I predict that tomorrow, when the...protestors...realize the racial makeup of the defendants, the upheaval will ease considerably.

GRUMPY

this will not matter to the mob...

Tahuyaman
05-01-2015, 07:59 PM

You believe the black officers were simply followers who had no ability to determine right and wrong for themselves? Wow.

del
05-01-2015, 08:00 PM
this will not matter to the mob...

that's nice, pops

Bob
05-01-2015, 08:02 PM

See what i mean? This poster convicted them today.

Bob
05-01-2015, 08:02 PM
that's nice, pops

Children such as you should not be rude to your elders.

Dr. Who
05-01-2015, 08:03 PM
Now who is anticipating and not waiting for outcome? I believe that the same allegations were being asserted as recently as yesterday about the results of the investigation. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, it is perfectly all right to prejudge the outcome. Hmmmm.....

GRUMPY
It seems that the Baltimore PD have tried to intimidate or get back at the guy who filmed the arrest. He was arrested by Baltimore PD.

Arresting people and then not charging them is a tactic police sometimes use to "punish" people.

https://news.vice.com/article/we-spoke-to-kevin-moore-the-man-who-filmed-freddie-grays-arrest?utm_source=vicefbus

SOMETIMES.....or sometimes not.....brilliant....

Bob
You believe the black officers were simply followers who had no ability to determine right and wrong for themselves? Wow.

The black mobs did wrong. Who wants them prosecuted and convicted?

GRUMPY
05-01-2015, 08:05 PM

obama and the boys are calling the shots on this....

GRUMPY
05-01-2015, 08:07 PM

son, you are talking out your arse as you have no clue what actually did or did not happen....

PolWatch
05-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Now who is anticipating and not waiting for outcome? I believe that the same allegations were being asserted as recently as yesterday about the results of the investigation. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, it is perfectly all right to prejudge the outcome. Hmmmm.....

Kinda amazing...some have already decided that 3 will walk and 3 will be hung without a trial. Oh, what a difference a day makes!

Common
05-01-2015, 08:08 PM

Dollars to donuts.

One or two will get hung, indicting six of mixed flavors was for effect

Peter1469
05-01-2015, 08:08 PM
Here's a possibility:

The prosecutors will now put the pressure on certain players to flip on their fellow officers and offer them a deal to testify.

That is what will be tried.

Dr. Who
05-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Kinda amazing...some have already decided that 3 will walk and 3 will be hung without a trial. Oh, what a difference a day makes!

https://youtu.be/OmBxVfQTuvI

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 08:11 PM

I think they were joking.

It seems the driver is in the most hot water. I don't believe ANY of the cops had malice aforethought, at least I haven't seen any evidence pointing to that.

Many times prosecutors will overcharge defendants in order to plea bargain down by agreeing to drop certain charges. This story isn't over yet.

GRUMPY

how many of those in custody had any sense to begin with....

Peter1469
this was not mentioned by the da nor the other passenger.....

The driver of the van was charged with 2nd degree murder. The other 5 were charged with lesser offenses.

Rough ride.

PolWatch
05-01-2015, 08:13 PM
The investigation should be continuing to find out why they thought their behavior was acceptable. That is a supervisory issue.

GRUMPY
05-01-2015, 08:13 PM

yes those poor mindless, without any free will, infantalized blacks....it was the fault of the white masters....

GRUMPY
05-01-2015, 08:14 PM

freddie gray had not been innocent from the day he was born....a career drug dealer.....

del
05-01-2015, 08:14 PM
Children such as you should not be rude to your elders.

that's nice, pops.

GRUMPY
05-01-2015, 08:15 PM

now you get it....

Captain Obvious
05-01-2015, 08:17 PM
freddie gray had not been innocent from the day he was born....a career drug dealer.....

Doesn't warrant death.

Unfortunately the lynch mob is out in full force.

Common
05-01-2015, 08:17 PM

What does that mean my son, there must be an additional point you want to make with that because you already know freddys dead.

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 08:18 PM

Yeah, but both sides have valid points.

He wasn't exactly innocent, but he didn't deserve to be killed. Someone has to bake for this.

PolWatch
05-01-2015, 08:19 PM
I don't think anyone believes it was premeditated so baking is probably not gonna be an option.

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 08:21 PM
I don't think anyone believes it was premeditated so baking is probably not gonna be an option.

Au contraire. I'm baked right now.

JDubya
The three black officers will, by their mere presence amongst the defendants, provide cover for the white cops.

No conviction, possibly not even an indictment.

Driver could get involuntary manslaughter at most & maybe do a couple of years, if that.

Possibly probation.

Captain Obvious

I heard some commentary about that goofy named law, something heart. Premeditation is not a criteria.

exotix
05-01-2015, 08:24 PM
yes those poor mindless, without any free will, infantalized blacks....it was the fault of the white masters....
I'd be as to curious as to the bail amounts for each murderer ...

Dr. Who
05-01-2015, 08:25 PM
son, you are talking out your arse as you have no clue what actually did or did not happen....
Apparently the powers that be disagree with your assessment. You don't charge officers with felonies unless there is some evidence of wrong doing. Minimally not using seat belts on a restrained prisoner (as per protocol) and not requesting aid on a timely basis are grounds for charges. I suspect that there is additional evidence, but am willing to wait for the results of the legal process. The involved officers will have legal representation who undoubtedly will provide the best possible defense. Unless there is evidence uncovered of some kind of injury inflicted upon Mr. Gray prior to the ride to jail, most of the officers will likely be exonerated.

Peter1469
05-01-2015, 08:25 PM
I'd be as to curious as to the bail amounts for each murderer ...

Only one was charged with murder, yes?

JDubya
05-01-2015, 08:26 PM
I heard some commentary about that goofy named law, something heart. Premeditation is not a criteria.

Second degree murder only requires malice or malicious intent without premeditation.

Mister D
05-01-2015, 08:28 PM
The three black officers will, by their mere presence amongst the defendants, provide cover for the white cops.

No conviction, possibly not even an indictment.

Driver could get involuntary manslaughter at most & maybe do a couple of years, if that.

Possibly probation.

Ah, so there were black officers involved. There goes the racial angle.

JDubya
05-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Apparently the powers that be disagree with your assessment. You don't charge officers with felonies unless there is some evidence of wrong doing.

Horse sh*t.

They can charge somebody on a whim if they want to.

The next step is the Grand Jury hearing which could last months.

And there might be no indictment.

Remember Darren Wilson?

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Apparently the powers that be disagree with your assessment. You don't charge officers with felonies unless there is some evidence of wrong doing. Minimally not using seat belts on a restrained prisoner (as per protocol) and not requesting aid on a timely basis are grounds for charges. I suspect that there is additional evidence, but am willing to wait for the results of the legal process. The involved officers will have legal representation who undoubtedly will provide the best possible defense. Unless there is evidence uncovered of some kind of injury inflicted upon Mr. Gray prior to the ride to jail, most of the officers will likely be exonerated.

There seems to be a consensus that Gray was not injured during the arrest, but inside the van. There are too many possibilities at the moment to know for sure. It's possible the blue wall of silence has been invoked and the overload of charges are meant to pressure the defendants into talking.

exotix
05-01-2015, 08:30 PM
Only one was charged with murder, yes?
Rice, Porter and White are charged with involuntary manslaughter ... merely murder without a depraved heart ...

JDubya
05-01-2015, 08:30 PM
Ah, so there were black officers involved. There goes the racial angle.

Exactly.

Bet a lot of the starch goes out of the protest marches starting tomorrow.

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 08:32 PM
Exactly.

We could have focused on the driver but no, HE had to be black, dammit.

JDubya
05-01-2015, 08:32 PM
There seems to be a consensus that Gray was not injured during the arrest, but inside the van. There are too many possibilities at the moment to know for sure. It's possible the blue wall of silence has been invoked and the overload of charges are meant to pressure the defendants into talking.

If there is no video evidence or eyewitness testimony of the van speeding around corners or slamming on the brakes then accelerating again, I doubt that even the driver will face punishment.

Other than having to go through this whole idiotic ordeal.

GRUMPY
05-01-2015, 08:33 PM

wake up son, this is obama's brave new world....

JDubya
05-01-2015, 08:35 PM
We could have focused on the driver but no, HE had to be black, dammit.

Just makes ya wanna cry, doesn't it? :biglaugh:

I was gonna suggest yesterday that if the driver turned out to be black it would seriously deflate the poutrage balloon, but then I figured "Nahhhhhhhh..... no chance he'll be black."

Guess I was wrong!!!!

del
05-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Just makes ya wanna cry, doesn't it? :biglaugh:

I was gonna suggest yesterday that if the driver turned out to be black it would seriously deflate the poutrage balloon, but then I figured "Nahhhhhhhh..... no chance he'll be black."

Guess I was wrong!!!!

you should be used to it by now.

Dr. Who
05-01-2015, 08:38 PM
I expect that you are probably correct in your assessment. There are probably only one or two that will realistically face indictment.

Susan B. Anthony
05-01-2015, 08:43 PM
I expect that you are probably correct in your assessment. There are probably only one or two that will realistically face indictment.

It's the same with any investigation involving multiple suspects. During their investigation they determine who they think is the least culpable and offer them deals. Then they go down the line and offer those who are less culpable deals that their consciences will allow them to live with, until they get multiple eyewitnesses to testify against the one or two they really want.

At least that's the way I see it at the moment.

Redrose
05-01-2015, 08:47 PM

First degree murder is flat out wrong. Involuntary Manslaughter or Criminally Negligent Homicide is more like it.

Peter1469
05-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Horse sh*t.

They can charge somebody on a whim if they want to.

The next step is the Grand Jury hearing which could last months.

And there might be no indictment.

Remember Darren Wilson?

What grand jury? The State's attorney charged them already. There should be no grand jury.

Safety
05-01-2015, 08:57 PM
What grand jury? The State's attorney charged them already. There should be no grand jury.

When you're grasping for straws, sometimes rational thought is bypassed.

Peter1469
05-01-2015, 08:57 PM
Rice, Porter and White are charged with involuntary manslaughter ... merely murder without a depraved heart ...

OK. I was correct. One was charged with murder. Manslaughter is a lesser offense.

Dr. Who
05-01-2015, 08:59 PM
I wasn't sure, since I have no background in criminal law. Ferguson did have a grand jury, but none has actually been mentioned here. Not sure how that works. At the end of the day I only see one or two really facing trial unless there is far more evidence than is being revealed at this point.

exotix
05-01-2015, 09:00 PM
OK. I was correct. One was charged with murder. Manslaughter is a lesser offense.
I think Miller & Nero feel cheated ... I mean, I can't imagine standing around watching a man get murdered and only getting charged with assault.

JDubya
05-01-2015, 09:02 PM

Yes, that's true.

Just like in the Zimmerman case, they were so anxious to railroad him, they skipped the GJ & went straight to charging him.

Same with these scapegoats.

Mister D
05-01-2015, 09:03 PM
Exactly.

I posted a few days ago that i wanted to see the pics of the officers involved. With a 43% black department I doubted this was a group of exclusively white policemen.

JDubya
05-01-2015, 09:05 PM
I wasn't sure, since I have no background in criminal law. Ferguson did have a grand jury, but none has actually been mentioned here. Not sure how that works. At the end of the day I only see one or two really facing trial unless there is far more evidence than is being revealed at this point.

The SA can opt to skip the GJ if they want to.

They did that with Zimmerman.

They were lusting for blood & flesh & they didn't want to wait.

Plus, like in this case, they knew there wasn't enough evidence to get an indictment so they just pissed on justice & charged them to satisfy the lynch mob.

JDubya
05-01-2015, 09:06 PM
I posted a few days ago that i wanted to see the pics of the officers involved. With a 43% black department I doubted this was a group of exclusively white policemen.

Definitely going to dampen the enthusiasm.

Of course, the idea of three Uncle Toms getting the shaft along with the whities they work for, could be quite appealing too....

Peter1469
05-01-2015, 09:09 PM

A prosecutor can affirm that there is probable cause that a crime has been committed and charge on her own.

Or toss it to a grand jury and let them decide.

Two paths.

Peter1469
05-01-2015, 09:10 PM
I think Miller & Nero feel cheated ... I mean, I can't imagine standing around watching a man get murdered and only getting charged with assault.

Stop lying. You don't have the brain power for imagination.

Dr. Who
05-01-2015, 09:11 PM
The SA can opt to skip the GJ if they want to.

They did that with Zimmerman.

They were lusting for blood & flesh & they didn't want to wait.

Plus, like in this case, they knew there wasn't enough evidence to get an indictment so they just pissed on justice & charged them to satisfy the lynch mob.
I'm willing to see the process through. I don't know what evidence they have or don't have.

Mister D
05-01-2015, 09:12 PM
Definitely going to dampen the enthusiasm.

Of course, the idea of three Uncle Toms getting the shaft along with the whities they work for, could be quite appealing too....

Possible. Like the Zimmerman "White Hispanic" fiasco this has already acquired a momentum of its own.

Peter1469
05-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Possible. Like the Zimmerman "White Hispanic" fiasco this has already acquired a momentum of its own.

There was like a 24 hour pause in MSM outrage while they figured out what to do with the Hispanic bombshell. :shocked:

Dr. Who
05-01-2015, 09:17 PM
A prosecutor can affirm that there is probable cause that a crime has been committed and charge on her own.

Or toss it to a grand jury and let them decide.

Two paths.
I hope that this isn't just a political prosecution, but one grounded in evidence. There is at least one confirmed basis for allegations against the driver, but beyond that it appears as though one or more officers failed to provide aid to an injured prisoner.

Mister D
05-01-2015, 09:21 PM
I hope that this isn't just a political prosecution, but one grounded in evidence. There is at least one confirmed basis for allegations against the driver, but beyond that it appears as though one or more officers failed to provide aid to an injured prisoner.

You know what? I just don't care about this dirt bag. To all concerned, thanks for that.

Peter1469
05-01-2015, 09:22 PM

The driver and the rough ride was against department procedure. So he is screwed. Other than that, police officers are not medics. They don't need to touch an injured person. But they do need to take them to care.

Common
05-01-2015, 09:24 PM

Everything about this will be political to deflect any blame from the city leaders.

Peter1469
05-01-2015, 09:24 PM
You know what? I just don't care about this dirt bag. To all concerned, thanks for that.

I am typically never interested in the specific case. It is the societal issues and trends that matter.

Here we have a story of poor policing. And rioters dumb enough to destroy their own stuff as a protest. Dumb on both sides, it seems.

JDubya
05-01-2015, 09:27 PM
The driver and the rough ride was against department procedure. So he is screwed. Other than that, police officers are not medics. They don't need to touch an injured person. But they do need to take them to care.

Oh yeah?

And your proof that there even was a "rough ride" is what again....?

Mister D
05-01-2015, 09:28 PM
I am typically never interested in the specific case. It is the societal issues and trends that matter.

Here we have a story of poor policing. And rioters dumb enough to destroy their own stuff as a protest. Dumb on both sides, it seems.

There were two ways I could have reacted.

1. Well, you know this could really happen to anyone. Cops need to follow procedure.

2. This typically happens to stupid ass black people.

After the hysteria guess which way I'm going? It's a shame but I just don't care. Fuck this guy.

JDubya
05-01-2015, 09:33 PM

Yeah & now, thanks to this sh*tbag & the sh*tstorm surrounding him, from now on, every ghetto rat they pick up off the street is going to feign injury or sickness & demand medical care.

Say goodbye the ability of the police to do their jobs.

They will now spend their days ferrying thugs & dope dealers to the ER then standing around waiting for the examinations to conclude.

Meanwhile, the c0ckroaches will be scurrying around out on the streets, doing their c0ckroach thing while laughing up their little c0ckroach sleeves at the way they f*cked over the system.

And the bleeding hearts who supported them can feel proud that they were in on it.

Dr. Who
05-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Everything about this will be political to deflect any blame from the city leaders.
That is my concern. Does the municipality demand certain results without altering the protocols or training, leaving the cops holding the bag, or acting without guidelines. One of those, I don't care how you do it, but do it scenarios, leaving politicians with complete deniability. The sheer number of lawsuits against the police in Baltimore would seem to indicate a problem. The fact that it has not been addressed leaves one wondering if this is just the cost of doing business and whether the police are being subtly encouraged to act like storm troopers.

Peter1469
05-01-2015, 09:39 PM
Oh yeah?

And your proof that there even was a "rough ride" is what again....?]

Calm yourself. None of us have the facts, unless I am mistaken.

Peter1469
05-01-2015, 09:40 PM
There were two ways I could have reacted.

1. Well, you know this could really happen to anyone. Cops need to follow procedure.

2. This typically happens to stupid ass black people.

After the hysteria guess which way I'm going? It's a shame but I just don't care. Fuck this guy.

Procedure would include a seat belt in the van. But Baltimore PD has a long history of ignoring that. Rough ride.

JDubya
05-01-2015, 09:42 PM
]

Well, that was my point, so why should I "calm myself"?

Or is falsely implying that somebody is not calm just a little backhanded put down?

JDubya
05-01-2015, 09:50 PM
Procedure would include a seat belt in the van. But Baltimore PD has a long history of ignoring that. Rough ride.

http://s16.postimg.org/msee8k1px/roughride.jpg

Peter1469
05-01-2015, 09:53 PM
lol

del
05-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Well, that was my point, so why should I "calm myself"?

Or is falsely implying that somebody is not calm just a little backhanded put down?

http://gifstumblr.com/images/freaking-out_14.gif

Common
05-01-2015, 09:55 PM
]

Jdub always posts like hes all pumped up

JDubya
05-01-2015, 10:01 PM
Jdub always posts like hes all pumped up

No, your perception is just all pumped up.

I'm cool & calm as a cucumber.

Common
No, your perception is just all pumped up.

I'm cool & calm as a cucumber.

yeah ok lol

JDubya
http://gifstumblr.com/images/freaking-out_14.gif

So THAT is what you look like.

Your look fits your style.

William
05-01-2015, 10:17 PM
What I don't understand is all the posts saying this Freddie guy was a scumbag drug dealer, and who cares what happened to him. I don't know whether he was a good guy or a bad guy, but surely that's not what's important in this case?

First off, whether he was good or bad doesn't mean he can be killed by police negligence - like that's why we have a justice system, so any punishment comes after a trial.

And second, if we think it's OK for a 'scumbag' to be treated like that - what happens when one of us are stopped by the same police for riding a bike on the footpath, or speeding in a car, and we say the wrong thing, and end up with a broken neck in the back of a paddy wagon? Lots of people in dictatorships find out what happens when you look the other way cos 'it's just a thug' or a 'terrorist'. Like Pastor Niemoller wrote -

"Then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak for me."

Tahuyaman
05-01-2015, 10:45 PM

Dollars to donuts.

Just three of them.

Howey
05-01-2015, 10:48 PM

Then he should go to prison.

Tahuyaman
05-01-2015, 10:50 PM
See what i mean? This poster convicted them today.

I would wait for the facts to be produced, but I'm not part of the process. I'm just predicting the the facts will not play a major role in determining the guilt or innocence of three of those officers. Three of them are considered guilty right now and that will not change.

Tahuyaman
05-01-2015, 10:55 PM

again, I'm not prejudging the outcome. I'm saying that the outcome has already been determined by people who have the power to do so.

pjohns
05-02-2015, 12:36 AM
For anyone to say that justice was served, they need to look at the records of how the department has handled problems in the past. I don't think this situation came up overnight. The number of cases and $$$ paid seems to indicate that there was a problem higher up the chain of command than these 5 cops. Something had to make them believe this behavior was acceptable. To ignore the situation that created this means it will happen again.

This seems to imply that (1) the Baltimore Police Department is fundamentally corrupt; and (2) the rioters and looters there were just venting in an understandable manner.

In short, it seems to mirror the anarchists' mantra, "No justice, no peace!"

pjohns
05-02-2015, 12:40 AM
The district attorney and the mayor and others have been influenced. That does change if they actually did something wrong or not. Theyve been indicted no one knows what the investigation shows or what evidence they are basing the indictment on. Just like citizens that get indicted many dont get convicted.

Sadly, some have already opined that if these officers are not all convicted, there will be riots in Baltimore that will make Los Angeles' "Rodney King riots" of 1992 pale into insignificance, by comparison.

So much, I guess, for the principle of innocent until proven guilty...

pjohns
05-02-2015, 12:41 AM

You are correct; I have subsequently learned that the charge is second-degree homicide.

But the fundamental principle remains unchanged...

pjohns
05-02-2015, 12:45 AM
I thought manslaughter was the most serious charge filed?

As I have indicated in a recent post, I was mistaken; but so are you. The most serious charge filed, in this case, is second-degree murder.

pjohns
05-02-2015, 12:57 AM
that's nice, pops.

Well, I can see that you are going to insist upon being rude...

JDubya
05-02-2015, 12:57 AM
You might as well have called them $#@!s, racist.

http://s7.postimg.org/xas8yhe0b/cartoon_parrot_007.jpg

And you might as well change the paper in the bottom of your cage, parrot.

Redrose
05-02-2015, 01:04 AM

Gray had a history of making a sceen at his arrests, playing for the audience and the cops were well aware of that fact. That was on the news tonight.

Every cop on this forum knows that many arrestees scream bloody murder when they are being handcuffed. Screaming they are being hurt, tortured. Some injure themselves to create a case.

Riding in the van without a seat belt, as a rough ride, is not grounds to persecute the cops for those serious charges. The driver having the most serious of the charges.

I won't hang them as of yet, I'll wait to see what evidence the state has. My gut feeling is they are being sacrificed to the angry mobs to apease them. If that is true, justice in this country is non existent.

pjohns
05-02-2015, 01:13 AM
My gut feeling is [the indicted Baltimore police officers] are being sacrificed to the angry mobs to apease them.

Sadly, that is my own fear, also.

If that is true, justice in this country is non existent.

Yes, I thoroughly agree.

PolWatch
05-02-2015, 06:00 AM
Innocent until proven guilty....sounds good. It might even apply to someone that has a prior record of bad behavior....instead of allowing a couple of cops to make decisions if they live or die. Sure hope they aren't having a bad day if you get arrested for parking tickets or you child is picked up for underage drinking. Not a problem if they don't make it to the jail in good shape....no loss to society...right?

This incident is not the first. The history of policing in the city shows that there was no supervision of cops in the field. Incidents were covered up or the city paid damages. That does not start with the guy in the police car. It starts much higher up the food chain. This is an example of poor policing standards and poor leadership.

Laugh things like this off as no loss to society today.....tomorrow, when it happens to you, not so funny.

donttread
05-02-2015, 07:58 AM
Sadly, that is my own fear, also.

Yes, I thoroughly agree.

What part of he died from grievous injuries received in their custody don't you folks get?

Chris
05-02-2015, 09:04 AM
If not reported, Freddie Gray: six police charged over Baltimore death are released on bail (http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/02/freddie-gray-six-police-charged-over-baltimore-death-are-released-on-bail).

From Freddie Gray's Family Is 'Satisfied' With Charges Against Police Officers (http://abcnews.go.com/US/freddie-grays-family-satisfied-charges-police-officers/story?id=30742441), the booking photos:

http://i.snag.gy/4NOA8.jpg
http://i.snag.gy/TLdC1.jpg

Mister D
05-02-2015, 10:37 AM
If not reported, Freddie Gray: six police charged over Baltimore death are released on bail (http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/02/freddie-gray-six-police-charged-over-baltimore-death-are-released-on-bail).

From Freddie Gray's Family Is 'Satisfied' With Charges Against Police Officers (http://abcnews.go.com/US/freddie-grays-family-satisfied-charges-police-officers/story?id=30742441), the booking photos:

http://i.snag.gy/4NOA8.jpg
http://i.snag.gy/TLdC1.jpg

Looks like an Aryan Nations hit squad.

Bob
05-02-2015, 11:16 AM
I would wait for the facts to be produced, but I'm not part of the process. I'm just predicting the the facts will not play a major role in determining the guilt or innocence of three of those officers. Three of them are considered guilty right now and that will not change.

That is what is called prejudice. (by Baltimore)

Amerikanski
05-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Maybe more of them should be arrested, because they arrested and harrass and threaten those who filmed their beating routines:

The man who filmed the brutal arrest of African-American Freddie Gray by Baltimore police was arrested “at gunpoint” after he left a protest over police brutality.Kevin Moore, 30, was arrested early on Friday in what he described as a clear case of “witness intimidation.”The video, captured by his cellphone, shows the arresting officers roughly lifting a handcuffed Gray from the ground and dragging him screaming to the back of a police van, where he suffered a fatal spine injury. Gray, 25, died a week after his arrest.

Moore, an African American himself, said police tried to harass him because he handed over the footage and talked to the media about what he witnessed.Baltimore police also arrested two of Moore’s friends, who work with Copwatch, an activist organization that advocates for the filming of interactions with police.Moore was later released without any charges being filed against him. But his two friends, Chad Jackson and Tony White, remain in custody.Moore talked to the media about the circumstances of his arrest. "They waited until I got away from the protest and my people to protect me," he told VICE News on Friday.

"They had assault weapons, rifles, they had everything — their tank, two choppers," he recalled. "They took me to the Western District [police station], never gave me charging papers or anything."
<span style="line-height: 22px;">
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu0ygv3vyrk#t=235

Susan B. Anthony
05-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Maybe more of them should be arrested, because they arrested and harrass and threaten those who filmed their beating routines:

The man who filmed the brutal arrest of African-American Freddie Gray by Baltimore police was arrested “at gunpoint” after he left a protest over police brutality.Kevin Moore, 30, was arrested early on Friday in what he described as a clear case of “witness intimidation.”The video, captured by his cellphone, shows the arresting officers roughly lifting a handcuffed Gray from the ground and dragging him screaming to the back of a police van, where he suffered a fatal spine injury. Gray, 25, died a week after his arrest.

Moore, an African American himself, said police tried to harass him because he handed over the footage and talked to the media about what he witnessed.Baltimore police also arrested two of Moore’s friends, who work with Copwatch, an activist organization that advocates for the filming of interactions with police.Moore was later released without any charges being filed against him. But his two friends, Chad Jackson and Tony White, remain in custody.Moore talked to the media about the circumstances of his arrest. "They waited until I got away from the protest and my people to protect me," he told VICE News on Friday.

"They had assault weapons, rifles, they had everything — their tank, two choppers," he recalled. "They took me to the Western District [police station], never gave me charging papers or anything."

Do you think all the cops should arrest all the cops? How cool would that be.

Chris
05-02-2015, 12:35 PM
Caesar Goodson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know (http://heavy.com/news/2015/05/caesar-goodson-charged-charges-murder-garrett-miller-edward-nero-alicia-white-william-porter/)

http://i.snag.gy/G3lUd.jpg

Caesar Goodson’s mugshot. (Baltimore Police Department)

A 16-year veteran of the Baltimore Police Department has been charged with the second-degree murder of Freddie Gray, whose in-custody death sparked protests and violent riots.

Caesar Goodson, 45, is the only officer facing a murder charge in the case, but five other officers also face charges, ranging from involuntary manslaughter to false imprisonment. Five of the six officers are in custody....

...The complete charges against all the officers, and the maximum possible penalties, are as follows:

Officer Caesar R. Goodson Jr., 45
1. Second degree depraved heart murder (30 yrs.)
2. Manslaughter (involuntary) (10 yrs.)
3. Assault/second degree (10 yrs.)
4. Manslaughter by vehicle (gross negligence) (10 yrs.)
5. Manslaughter by vehicle (criminal negligence) (3 yrs.)
6. Misconduct in office

Officer William G. Porter, 25
1. Manslaughter (involuntary) (10 yrs.)
2. Assault/second degree (10 yrs.)
3. Misconduct in office

Lt. Brian W. Rice, 41
3. Assault/second degree (10 yrs.)
4. Misconduct in office
5. Misconduct in office
6. False imprisonment

Officer Edward M. Nero, 29
1. Assault/second degree (10 yrs.)
3. Misconduct in office
4. Misconduct in office
5. False imprisonment

Officer Garrett E. Miller, 26
1. Assault/second degree (10 yrs.)
3. Misconduct in office
4. Misconduct in office
5. False imprisonment

Sgt. Alicia D. White, 30
3. Misconduct in office

donttread
05-02-2015, 12:48 PM

Arrest the cops that did this too.I guess they don't get it yet

Amerikanski
05-02-2015, 12:49 PM
Susan B. Anthony, do you really expect the guilty to arrest the guilty?
The cops only have power to harm the American People, they don't have power to harm the thug politicians, lawyers, prosecutors, rigged juries, liar news media, and the rest of the system of oppression.

Sheesh, the US is busy bombing Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, Yemen etc. and you expect these kind of people to stop their depradations themselves? The soldiers went to Iraq and terrorized the population, tortured people, gunned them down etc. and then they become Israeli trained cops, and you expect them to be nice guys - polite public servants striving to serve the public = The Amerian Man?

Susan B. Anthony
05-02-2015, 12:50 PM
Susan B. Anthony, do you really expect the guilty to arrest the guilty?
The cops only have power to harm the American People, they don't have power to harm the thug politicians, lawyers, prosecutors, rigged juries, liar news media, and the rest of the system of oppression.

Sheesh, the US is busy bombing Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, Yemen etc. and you expect these kind of people to stop their depradations themselves? The soldiers went to Iraq and terrorized the population, tortured people, gunned them down etc. and then they become Israeli trained cops, and you expect them to be nice guys - polite public servants striving to serve the public = The Amerian Man?

It was your suggestion.

Ivan88
05-02-2015, 01:04 PM
The American Man should be empowered to arrest any cop or politician that is violating their consent to be governed.
But the system has basically destroyed the power of the public and empowered the politicians and bullycrats to keep raising taxes, imposing obstructive, destructive, harrassing, impeding, hindering regulations, vicious cops, and putting millions of Americans in prison.

Tahuyaman
05-02-2015, 01:39 PM
That is what is called prejudice. (by Baltimore)

Absolutely. At least three of those officers are guilty until proven innocent and they will not be proven innocent. I suspect that you knew that already.

Bob
05-02-2015, 01:42 PM
Absolutely. At least three of those officers are guilty until proven innocent and they will not be proven innocent. I suspect that you knew that already.

More like I have a hunch. I like to wait until a jury decides.

Tahuyaman
05-02-2015, 01:51 PM
More like I have a hunch. I like to wait until a jury decides.

You have more faith in the objectivity of the jury pool than I do. The prosecution is going to make sure only those with the proper prejudices are seated on that jury.

Bob
05-02-2015, 01:54 PM
You have more faith in the objectivity of the jury pool than I do. The prosecution is going to make sure only those with the proper prejudices are seated on that jury.

Actually I do not .... DO NOT trust juries.

Ask Peter on my ideas of a professional jury if you wish.

Men have been put on Death row by Juries.

Men have been executed and were innocent, done by Juries.

Juries are amateurs up against professionals. They have no chance.

Sure, if the case is simple and let's say they watch a video of a crime, they get it correct. But so many times they have to deal with only what is served to them. If the defense is terrible, don't fear, the prosecution are all professionals.

pjohns
05-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Innocent until proven guilty....sounds good. It might even apply to someone that has a prior record of bad behavior....

Apparently, however, it does not apply to those police officers who were arrested in conjunction with this case. (Some malcontents have already declared that if any of these officers should be acquitted, there will be rioting in Baltimore that will make the "Rodney King riots" in Los Angeles, in 1992, seem like a walk in the park, by comparison.)

Susan B. Anthony
05-02-2015, 05:04 PM
Apparently, however, it does not apply to those police officers who were arrested in conjunction with this case. (Some malcontents have already declared that if any of these officers should be acquitted, there will be rioting in Baltimore that will make the "Rodney King riots" in Los Angeles, in 1992, seem like a walk in the park, by comparison.)

Black Civilian Lives Matter.

pjohns
05-02-2015, 05:05 PM
What part of he died from grievous injuries received in their custody don't you folks get?

And how might that serve to nullify my point, that the arrests of these police officers was more about appeasing the mob than it was about seeking justice?

JDubya
05-03-2015, 09:01 AM
I gotta give you this. You are persistent. Your wrong as evidenced by the laws of physics, biology and common sense. But you don't let any of that phase you one bit

That's "you're" not "your", Einstein.

Learn how to read & write the English language!!!!

@donttread (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=922)

JDubya
05-03-2015, 09:06 AM
$#@! you. There now you've reduced me to the ranks of the ignorant. I know that as I'm typing this. I hate it. But I still want to just shout $#@! YOU!

Wasn't much of a step for you, though was it?

It was a step upwards, if anything.

Peter1469
05-03-2015, 09:48 AM
Warning: Stick with the topic. Take personal conversations to the PM feature.

Common
05-03-2015, 09:51 AM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=1073875#post1073875) What part of he died from grievous injuries received in their custody don't you folks get?

I get that Dontread and I fully acknowledge it and never have I denied it. Thats not the point. The point is that the indictment was a rush to judgement overkill and just political showboating.
Knowing what I know, I know damn well all 6 of those cops are not responsible. At best one or two.

pjohns
05-04-2015, 12:33 AM
That's "you're" not "your", Einstein.

Learn how to read & write the English language!!!!

@donttread (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=922)

You seem to have missed the most egregious error, viz., the misuse of the word, "phase," for the homophone, faze...

JDubya
05-04-2015, 07:15 AM
The American Man should be empowered to arrest any cop or politician that is violating their consent to be governed.
But the system has basically destroyed the power of the public and empowered the politicians and bullycrats to keep raising taxes, imposing obstructive, destructive, harrassing, impeding, hindering regulations, vicious cops, and putting millions of Americans in prison.

One of the stupidest posts I've ever read anywhere.

Utter & complete drooler nonsense.

"consent to be governed" :facepalm:

JDubya
05-04-2015, 07:17 AM
You seem to have missed the most egregious error, viz., the misuse of the word, "phase," for the homophone, faze...

Ah yes, good catch.

Cigar
05-04-2015, 07:22 AM

Where have we ever seen that before ...? :rollseyes:

Common
05-04-2015, 07:28 AM
Where have we ever seen that before ...? :rollseyes:

You and anyone like you is the reason racism will always flourish

donttread
05-04-2015, 07:29 AM
And how might that serve to nullify my point, that the arrests of these police officers was more about appeasing the mob than it was about seeking justice?

More like the mob forced the city to do what they should have done the day after the murder

Cigar
05-04-2015, 07:30 AM
http://www.chocolatecoveredlies.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/NYPD-1.jpg

Mac-7
05-04-2015, 07:32 AM
More like the mob forced the city to do what they should have done the day after the murder

I think the trial will be ugly.

Threats against juniors by black militants and mob pressure for a guilty verdict.

PolWatch
05-04-2015, 07:40 AM
Look at the situation that has existed in Baltimore before now. The number of law suits, etc. seems to indicate that there has been a problem with poor supervision & police procedures for a while. How did this go unnoticed? Perhaps pressure by those with something to lose? That would be pressure from city leaders & police officials on those under their supervision. I'm sure that no one would think of trying to continue the cover-up....would they?

JDubya
05-04-2015, 07:41 AM
I think the trial will be ugly.

Threats against juniors by black militants and mob pressure for a guilty verdict.

They should take the unprecedented step of moving it completely out of the state.

To like, North Dakota or somewhere.

Wyoming, maybe.

Someplace it would be difficult for most people to get to.

Cigar
05-04-2015, 07:42 AM
:grin:

Cigar
05-04-2015, 07:43 AM
Look at the situation that has existed in Baltimore before now. The number of law suits, etc. seems to indicate that there has been a problem with poor supervision & police procedures for a while. How did this go unnoticed? Perhaps pressure by those with something to lose? That would be pressure from city leaders & police officials on those under their supervision. I'm sure that no one would think of trying to continue the cover-up....would they?

In the last 2 years over $5 MILLION in Settlements ... you'd think that would tell yea something.

Captain Obvious
05-04-2015, 07:45 AM
Look at the situation that has existed in Baltimore before now. The number of law suits for, etc. seems to indicate that there has been a problem with poor supervision & police procedures for a while. How did this go unnoticed? Perhaps pressure by those with something to lose? That would be pressure from city leaders & police officials on those under their supervision. I'm sure that no one would think of trying to continue the cover-up....would they?

I'm skeptical on this.

I'm one of those people who's position is still shifting a little. When I heard "rough ride" being talked about I first honestly thought it was a joke. But now I'm withholding judgment until I know more. I don't consider these cops innocent of wrongdoing, I just think they're being set up for a scapegoating.

As for the suits, I have to discount that stuff to be honest. Deep pockets liberal city, ambulance chasing litigious society, how much of this stuff is just frivolous? So I'll stay skeptical here and consider this not on the surface indicative of the actual state of law enforcement in Baltimore until more evidence is shown.

A black guy (woman = bonus) is a lawyers wrongful death suit dream. Because black people and women get preferential judicial treatment.

Isn't equality great? You probably won't see too many 30yr old white male successful wrongful death lawsuits in that list I'm guessing.

JDubya
05-04-2015, 07:45 AM

That what it indicates to you?

Indicates to me that there are a lot of opportunistic ghetto rats running around nowadays who understand how to game the system & take advantage of our f*cked up civil court system & profit from their own misbehavior.

JDubya
05-04-2015, 07:47 AM
In the last 2 years over $5 MILLION in Settlements ... you'd think that would tell yea something.

It does.

There's just as many money-grubbing liars in Baltimore as anywhere else.

Cigar
05-04-2015, 07:48 AM
It does.

There's just as many money-grubbing liars in Baltimore as anywhere else.

Well it looks like some more Paydays are Coming :laugh:

JDubya
05-04-2015, 07:53 AM
Well it looks like some more Paydays are Coming :laugh:

Yeah, they said that about Trayvon Martin's parents too after Zimmerman walked.

Aside from the million they scammed out of the HOA for the condo complex, they got nothin.