PDA

View Full Version : Al-Qaeda and the Libyan Rebellion

Mister D
06-23-2011, 12:31 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/270293/al-qaeda-and-libyan-rebellion-john-rosenthal

A new report from two French think tanks concludes that jihadists have played a predominant role in the eastern-Libyan rebellion against the rule of Moammar Qaddafi, and that “true democrats” represent only a minority in the rebellion. The report, furthermore, calls into question the justifications given for Western military intervention in Libya, arguing that they are largely based on media exaggerations and “outright disinformation.”

The sponsors of the report are the Paris-based International Center for Research and Study on Terrorism and Aide to Victims of Terrorism (CIRET-AVT) and the French Center for Research on Intelligence (CF2R). The organizations sent a six-member expert mission to Libya to evaluate the situation and consult with representatives on both sides of the conflict. From March 31 to April 6, the mission visited the Libyan capital of Tripoli and the region of Tripolitania; from April 19 to April 25, it visited the rebel capital of Benghazi and the surrounding Cyrenaica region in eastern Libya.

GRUMPY
06-23-2011, 05:00 PM
info of this nature has been out there a while now in both german and french media.....we really have no idea as to what we are doing or should i say arab spring my arse.....just what will obama say to the world when iran test fires a nuclear missle and gas prices go thru the roof.....

Captain Obvious
06-23-2011, 06:06 PM
info of this nature has been out there a while now in both german and french media.....we really have no idea as to what we are doing or should i say arab spring my arse.....just what will obama say to the world when iran test fires a nuclear missle and gas prices go thru the roof.....

More precisely, what will GW say when Iran test fires a nuke?

He's the one who decided to bog our military power down in Iraq, trashing our global reputation for dealing with rogue nations at the same time.

If Iran builds a nuke, you can thank GW for rolling out the red carpet for them to do so.

GW should have gotten a personal "thanks" from Kim Jong for his new pet project also.

Conley
06-27-2011, 06:59 PM

More precisely, what will GW say when Iran test fires a nuke?

He's the one who decided to bog our military power down in Iraq, trashing our global reputation for dealing with rogue nations at the same time.

If Iran builds a nuke, you can thank GW for rolling out the red carpet for them to do so.

GW should have gotten a personal "thanks" from Kim Jong for his new pet project also.

I hear ya Cap'n but we can't dwell on GW's many errors. Obama's got the ball now and he should have done something with it. It doesn't seem like he is giving this the attention it deserves. I still think best case scenario is a targeted attack on nuclear facilities by Israel. Let them pay us back for all the military and financial aid we give them, and they'll get to play with their new toys. >:D It's in their best interest after all. Waiting is not an option.

MMC
06-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Yeah I believe I put something up on the previous Dynasty of Libya here on this site. like I stated the US got played. Just like the Sunni play both of our political parties and contribute to both. We are compromised on foreign policy and that is a fact.

blaster
06-16-2016, 06:14 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/270293/al-qaeda-and-libyan-rebellion-john-rosenthal (/articles/270293/al-qaeda-and-libyan-rebellion-john-rosenthal) A new report from two French think tanks concludes that jihadists have played a predominant role in the eastern-Libyan rebellion against the rule of Moammar Qaddafi, and that “true democrats” represent only a minority in the rebellion. The report, furthermore, calls into question the justifications given for Western military intervention in Libya, arguing that they are largely based on media exaggerations and “outright disinformation.” The sponsors of the report are the Paris-based International Center for Research and Study on Terrorism and Aide to Victims of Terrorism (CIRET-AVT) and the French Center for Research on Intelligence (CF2R). The organizations sent a six-member expert mission to Libya to evaluate the situation and consult with representatives on both sides of the conflict. From March 31 to April 6, the mission visited the Libyan capital of Tripoli and the region of Tripolitania; from April 19 to April 25, it visited the rebel capital of Benghazi and the surrounding Cyrenaica region in eastern Libya. Being involved an any "free" muslim government means being involved with one form of muslim extremist or another. Saudi Arabia is a good example.