PDA

View Full Version : Would the United States be better off...

Pages : [1] 2

Captain Obvious
05-04-2015, 12:20 PM
... if the US somehow remained primarily settled by Europeans rather than expanding our population to include Hispanic, Black and other non-European citizens?

And why, or why not?

Simple Yes/No poll, no "other" category, man up and make a fucking decision!

Discuss!

Cigar
05-04-2015, 12:26 PM
http://eduncovered.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/butthurt.png

The Xl
05-04-2015, 12:29 PM
This is a borderline bait thread that will turn stupid from go.

Sorry Cap, but I call em like I see em.

Mister D
Unquestionably.

Cigar

http://creativefan.com/important/cf/2013/07/losing-friends-quotes/exist-anymore.jpg

Safety
05-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Sure, it would have, but who would the people blame their shortcomings on if the only people here were europeans? I guess they could still point fingers from across the ocean.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 12:31 PM
Sure, it would have, but who would the people blame their shortcomings on if the only people here were europeans? I guess they could still point fingers from across the ocean.

Instead of hating blacks and hispanics, the venom would have been directed at other white ethnicities, as it was for decades before they interbred at mass. Oh, and gays and muslims too.

Mister D
05-04-2015, 12:33 PM
That the US would have been much better off without so much racial tension not to mention a civil war is beyond doubt. Sorry, that's just obvious. I'm being a little cold but the topic requires some coldness.

Safety
05-04-2015, 12:33 PM

Meh, it stemmed from the other thread about whites getting shot more than blacks. Supposedly European folks are nonviolent.

Captain Obvious
05-04-2015, 12:34 PM

Yes, it's a controversial topic.

No, it's not a bait thread.

Yes, I expect a lot of nonsense.

Yes, I to a degree would like to see some intelligent insight but I'm skeptical.

Mister D
05-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Meh, it stemmed from the other thread about whites getting shot more than blacks. Supposedly European folks are nonviolent.

No one said that. They just commit much less violent crime.

Cigar
05-04-2015, 12:36 PM
Montana Town Becomes Haven for Angry White People (http://gawker.com/5814365/montana-town-becomes-hotbed-of-angry-white-people)
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Run Run Run Run ... to Da-Hills, hide the White Woman :laugh:

Safety
Instead of hating blacks and hispanics, the venom would have been directed at other white ethnicities, as it was for decades before they interbred at mass. Oh, and gays and muslims too.

Much more easier to blame the darkies and brownies for all the country's ills.

Brownies are awesome with icecream.

The Xl

Yes, I to a degree would like to see some intelligent insight but I'm skeptical.

It's a bait thread. It's more eloquently worded than a Cigar thread, but is more or less along the same lines and will probably wind up the same.

Cigar
05-04-2015, 12:37 PM

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/555/779/34c.jpeg

Captain Obvious
Unquestionably.

Unquestionably what - bait thread or better off?

Cigar
It's a bait thread. It's more eloquently worded than a Cigar thread, but is more or less along the same lines and will probably wind up the same.

YA think ... what gave you the first indication :laugh:

Captain Obvious
05-04-2015, 12:38 PM

I disagree but I'm not arguing.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 12:39 PM

It's the low hanging fruit for simpletons and/or people who have prejudice. They ignore that whites in Europe and in some stages of America had more vitriol towards and killed each other more than they to blacks. This whole notion of "white" people being united and at peace is an extremely new phenomenon, but they act like it's always been that way, and they act like potential racial assimilation is any different, which it clearly isn't. They also ignore the variables as to why racial assimilation and the progress of some of those races is the way it is.

Cigar
05-04-2015, 12:40 PM
I disagree but I'm not arguing.

http://www.mdjunction.com/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/i_need_a_hug.jpeg

The Xl
05-04-2015, 12:41 PM

If you want to go that route, white people are probably the most barbaric people in the history of Earth, more so than blacks even. The difference between whites and blacks in America, and every human being really, is culture, socioeconomics, etc. These things are not inherently racial.

Captain Obvious
05-04-2015, 12:42 PM
If you want to go that route, white people are probably the most barbaric people in the history of Earth, more so than blacks even. The difference between whites and blacks in America, and every human being really, is culture, socioeconomics, etc. These things are not inherently racial.

In your opinion, which I tend to agree with.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 12:42 PM
YA think ... what gave you the first indication :laugh:

My expertise in detecting them has been sharpened from the bullshit you, exotix, Mac, and a few others have created over the past couple over years.

And I love how you more or less admitted you create threads with the intention of baiting, lol

Captain Obvious
05-04-2015, 12:45 PM
My expertise in detecting them has been sharpened from the bullshit you, exotix, Mac, and a few others have created over the past couple over years.

And I love how you more or less admitted you create threads with the intention of baiting, lol

I still feel a little taken back by your calling this a bait thread.

It could go to hell fast, I don't have control over that but I'm really looking for feedback like you and Safety are starting to provide.

I do expect the typical Cigar monkey nonsense and it's a shame because he'll sit here all day and heckle the forum, litter it with dumbfuckery and causing threads to fail.

southwest88
05-04-2015, 12:46 PM
... if the US somehow remained primarily settled by Europeans rather than expanding our population to include Hispanic, Black and other non-European citizens?

And why, or why not?

Simple Yes/No poll, no "other" category, man up and make a $#@!ing decision!

Discuss!

The Americas - the continent - were settled by the Native Peoples first, an offshoot of mostly Asiatic peoples. The Europeans were very late to the game, especially the British, who were nearly dead last. Spanish & Mexican citizens were already present when the Brits finally showed up - present in FL, the current US Southwest, NV, CO, OK, LA, up the Mississippi, up the East Coast (to SC?) Blacks were present in small numbers as servants/slaves to the Spanish

& besides, Europe itself was settled by people out of Africa, if that's where people originally arose. So your question is really - Would the US have been better off if settled only by that subset of Black people who left Africa & settled into Europe (& intermarried & etc. there)?

In the real World, it's hard to see how Europeans would have failed to import Black slaves from Africa (which is how most of them got to the US) - once the Spanish, Portuguese, French, & so on worked the Native Peoples to death, or to flight, or to armed rebellion, or they died by disease. This includes the southern British colonies (later the US South) that eventually raised tobacco & cotton @ profit - by the same path that the Latinate empires did further south.

This is a remarkably ahistorical question.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 12:48 PM
In your opinion, which I tend to agree with.

The socio economic and culture route is obvious to those who aren't obsessed with race. Dr. Ben Carson and Eminem are wildly different, and shatter stereotypes. Why? Because of the variables I mentioned. As for the whites being the most barbaric people on Earth over history, much of it is logistics, geography and flat out good luck, but they've waged the most war, been more predatory, and imposed their will more than anyone else, that's a fact. Do I think it's because they're more inherently barbaric than the other races? No, it's a lot of variables, but the same can be said for basically everything.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 12:52 PM
I still feel a little taken back by your calling this a bait thread.

It could go to hell fast, I don't have control over that but I'm really looking for feedback like you and @Safety (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1226) are starting to provide.

I do expect the typical Cigar monkey nonsense and it's a shame because he'll sit here all day and heckle the forum, litter it with dumbfuckery and causing threads to fail.

It's a bait thread because of the way its worded and the emotion that will ensue from it, and somewhat rightfully so. Blacks have been the victims of slavery, segregation, the drug war, predatory economics, a court system where justice is derived from socioeconomics, which consequently fucks blacks, among other countless things, and then they have to deal with bullshit like this, implying they bring the country down, when it's only a fraction of their population that does dumb shit, and when they've never been given a fair shake at assimilation.

I can see why it would offend black people. It offends me and I'm not even black. And that's not white guilt, I have none of that, it's my sense of justice and my feelings of friendship and brotherhood yearning to defend the good people I grew up and still associate with to this day, who enriched my life immeasurably.

Captain Obvious
05-04-2015, 12:53 PM
It's a bait thread because of the way its worded and the emotion that will ensue from it, and somewhat rightfully so. Blacks have been the victims of slavery, segregation, the drug war, predatory economics, a court system where justice is derived from socioeconomics, which consequently fucks blacks, among other countless things, and then they have to deal with bullshit like this, implying they bring the country down, when it's only a fraction of their population that does dumb shit, and when they've never been given a fair shake at assimilation.

I can see why it would offend black people. It offends me and I'm not even black. And that's not white guilt, I have none of that, it's my sense of justice and my feelings of friendship and brotherhood yearning to defend the good people I grew up and still associate with to this day, who enriched my life immeasurably.

lol - I carefully worded it too.

I don't agree but whatever.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 12:57 PM
lol - I carefully worded it too.

I don't agree but whatever.

If Cigar makes a thread titled, would America, or the world, whatever, be better off without white people, how would that thread go, and what reaction would it be met with?

Archer0915
05-04-2015, 12:58 PM

And why, or why not?

Simple Yes/No poll, no "other" category, man up and make a $#@!ing decision!

Discuss!

As much as I would like to say yes... I want more to say no. So NO!

Why? Well look at Europe! Do you think we would be any different? Look at most of the white places. They have no rights compared to us.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 01:00 PM
As much as I would like to say yes... I want more to say no. So NO!

Why? Well look at Europe! Do you think we would be any different? Look at most of the white places. They have no rights compared to us.

That's a fair point. And why is that? Culture.

Captain Obvious
05-04-2015, 01:01 PM
If Cigar makes a thread titled, would America, or the world, whatever, be better off without white people, how would that thread go, and what reaction would it be met with?

Just because it's a touchy subject doesn't make it a bait thread.

Cigar isn't smart enough to start an objective conversation too, btw.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 01:02 PM
Just because it's a touchy subject doesn't make it a bait thread.

Cigar isn't smart enough to start an objective conversation too, btw.

You're acting like he wouldn't get pounced on regardless of how he started it.

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Yeah, it would just be Nirvana...sort of like Norway but only bigger.

Archer0915
05-04-2015, 01:04 PM
That's a fair point. And why is that? Culture.

Ab-so-dam-lutely!

Our strife and infighting makes us stronger. All of us, left and right, are fighters. I know plenty of strong Europeans but they are being silenced.

Here we are at each others throats all the time. And those lines change all the time.

We are free, not in spite of our internal strife, but because of it.

Mister D
05-04-2015, 01:05 PM

Whatever you think is the difference is is immaterial. The difference(s) exists. And, no, that whites wage more destructive wars is primarily a matter of techological and organizational capacity.

Edit: and it's not a route. It's fact that is not in serious dispute.

Captain Obvious
05-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Yeah, it would just be Nirvana...sort of like Norway but only bigger.

Isn't that called Canada?

Mister D
05-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Unquestionably what - bait thread or better off?

The poll

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 01:07 PM
Isn't that called Canada?

Some parts maybe. But we're culturally diverse and we like it that way. It's certainly not perfect.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 01:08 PM
Whatever you think is the difference is is immaterial. The difference(s) exists. And, no, that whites wage more destructive wars is primarily a matter of techological and organizational capacity.

That's not true, because the implication was that we'd be better off. Ignoring the obvious artificial reasons why things aren't peachy, we'd be no better off because ignoramuses and/or people with groupthink identity would create a new boogeyman, or would have kept up the old guard, hating other whites.

Captain Obvious
05-04-2015, 01:09 PM
Some parts maybe. But we're culturally diverse and we like it that way. It's certainly not perfect.

The majority who watch hockey and the minority who don't?

Mister D
05-04-2015, 01:09 PM
It's the low hanging fruit for simpletons and/or people who have prejudice. They ignore that whites in Europe and in some stages of America had more vitriol towards and killed each other more than they to blacks. This whole notion of "white" people being united and at peace is an extremely new phenomenon, but they act like it's always been that way, and they act like potential racial assimilation is any different, which it clearly isn't. They also ignore the variables as to why racial assimilation and the progress of some of those races is the way it is.

It's also a straw man but whatever.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 01:10 PM

Not at all.

Bob
05-04-2015, 01:10 PM

I see only one problem with your premise.

Look at the mess Europe has become. They have been taking people from Africa and a lot of Muslims. A lot of the European natives worry they are being made inconsequential.

There was a reason why only two continents were black, Africa and Australia. Look at how great Blacks made both those areas. :rollseyes:

I have to admit, it seems the Chinese and Japanese and Koreans really know how to make a world class economy.

Safety
05-04-2015, 01:11 PM
That's not true, because the implication was that we'd be better off. Ignoring the obvious artificial reasons why things aren't peachy, we'd be no better off because ignoramuses and/or people with groupthink identity would create a new boogeyman, or would have kept up the old guard, hating other whites.

History has shown that to be exactly the case.

Mister D
05-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Not at all.

Sure it is. I'd ask you to tell me who argues whites were "united and at peace" but I know no one does.

Mister D
05-04-2015, 01:13 PM

There is no question that we would be better off not having had a civil war and all the problems associated with the integration of blacks. Sorry, that's just obvious.

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 01:13 PM
The majority who watch hockey and the minority who don't?

Even hockey is becoming more diverse...

I don't really watch it...it's like saying the majority of Americans watch NASCAR.

Mister D
05-04-2015, 01:14 PM
The Americas - the continent - were settled by the Native Peoples first, an offshoot of mostly Asiatic peoples. The Europeans were very late to the game, especially the British, who were nearly dead last. Spanish & Mexican citizens were already present when the Brits finally showed up - present in FL, the current US Southwest, NV, CO, OK, LA, up the Mississippi, up the East Coast (to SC?) Blacks were present in small numbers as servants/slaves to the Spanish

& besides, Europe itself was settled by people out of Africa, if that's where people originally arose. So your question is really - Would the US have been better off if settled only by that subset of Black people who left Africa & settled into Europe (& intermarried & etc. there)?

In the real World, it's hard to see how Europeans would have failed to import Black slaves from Africa (which is how most of them got to the US) - once the Spanish, Portuguese, French, & so on worked the Native Peoples to death, or to flight, or to armed rebellion, or they died by disease. This includes the southern British colonies (later the US South) that eventually raised tobacco & cotton @ profit - by the same path that the Latinate empires did further south.

This is a remarkably ahistorical question.

I agree it's entirely hypothetical

Captain Obvious
05-04-2015, 01:17 PM
Even hockey is becoming more diverse...

I don't really watch it...it's like saying the majority of Americans watch NASCAR.

That's a relative statement.

Hockey is an American sport actually, I'm not sure why Canadians get credit for it TBH. At least as far as the NHL goes.

I used to really follow hockey closely, and the NFL. Lost interest in both. The NHL like Lemieux said "is a garage league". I just got tired of the monkey refereeing and the (Canadian influenced) on ice thuggery.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 01:17 PM
There is no question that we would be better off not having had a civil war and all the problems associated with the integration of blacks. Sorry, that's just obvious.

The civil war wasn't just about slavery, and the integration of blacks was an issue because it was royally fucked up by the whites in charge and their constituents. That's on them, no one else.

Safety
05-04-2015, 01:18 PM

Look at the mess Europe has become. They have been taking people from Africa and a lot of Muslims. A lot of the European natives worry they are being made inconsequential.

There was a reason why only two continents were black, Africa and Australia. Look at how great Blacks made both those areas. :rollseyes:

I have to admit, it seems the Chinese and Japanese and Koreans really know how to make a world class economy.

Another wonderful nugget of simplistic history from Bob. What's next, you going to tell the class how tides rise and fall because of shrimp boats?

Chris
05-04-2015, 01:19 PM
I finally voted no.

There's two kinds of diversity. Natural, where people come together on their own and make things work. Here everyone benefits. Artificial, where government forces it in the name of equality, fairness, and other nonsense. Here no one benefits.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 01:20 PM
Sure it is. I'd ask you to tell me who argues whites were "united and at peace" but I know no one does.

There are only a handful of white racialists on the board, so obviously my options are limited. I've seen it on here, but I don't remember where and I'm not going to look for it.

That said, because I'm unwilling to look for it, I'll coincide the point. Answer me this then. What's the tangible difference between white assimilation, which only really happened very recently, and potential black assimilation? Judging by history, if blacks are inherently different, then it would seem that whites of different ethnicities and cultures are as well, perhaps even more so.

Common Sense
That's a relative statement.

Hockey is an American sport actually, I'm not sure why Canadians get credit for it TBH. At least as far as the NHL goes.

I used to really follow hockey closely, and the NFL. Lost interest in both. The NHL like Lemieux said "is a garage league". I just got tired of the monkey refereeing and the (Canadian influenced) on ice thuggery.

Because it's Canadian. It's origins are in Europe, but first organized leagues etc, started in Canada.

..oh and we invented basketball too. ;)

Mister D
The civil war wasn't just about slavery, and the integration of blacks was an issue because it was royally $#@!ed up by the whites in charge and their constituents. That's on them, no one else.

It wouldn't have happened otherwise and who fucked up what is immaterial. America would have been better off without those problems. Again, that's so obvious I'm frankly amazed it meets any resistance.

Captain Obvious
05-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Because it's Canadian. It's origins are in Europe, but first organized leagues etc, started in Canada.

Wait, based on what you said, and I don't disagree with this, Europeans (or someone before them) invented hockey. Canadians tried to perfect it but failed. Americans tried to perfect it and succeeded.

What was that you said about b-ball now?

:biglaugh:

Safety
The civil war wasn't just about slavery, and the integration of blacks was an issue because it was royally fucked up by the whites in charge and their constituents. That's on them, no one else.

It is good to know who would have been in your corner if we were still going through slavery or civil rights era.

Mister D
There are only a handful of white racialists on the board, so obviously my options are limited. I've seen it on here, but I don't remember where and I'm not going to look for it.

That said, because I'm unwilling to look for it, I'll coincide the point. Answer me this then. What's the tangible difference between white assimilation, which only really happened very recently, and potential black assimilation? Judging by history, if blacks are inherently different, then it would seem that whites of different ethnicities and cultures are as well, perhaps even more so.

The primary difference is that whites were easily integrated into a white society because...drum roll...they were white. It took a couple generations. Do you need help with anything else?

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 01:23 PM
I wonder if America would have been better off had it remained under the British. Probably.

Captain Obvious
I wonder if America would have been better off had it remained under the British. Probably.

Great Britain would have been better off, no doubt.

The Xl

Yeah, it's the blacks and muslims that have created and furthered their unsustainable debt welfare system and their lack of free speech and gun rights. Oh wait, that's not right.

Lel.

Mister D
05-04-2015, 01:24 PM
yeah, so you have your answer, Captain. America is better off having suffered through a bloody civil war and well over a century of racial hatred and violence.

The Xl
Wait, based on what you said, and I don't disagree with this, Europeans (or someone before them) invented hockey. Canadians tried to perfect it but failed. Americans tried to perfect it and succeeded.

What was that you said about b-ball now?

:biglaugh:

I can dunk and I'm 5'9 and white.

Boom

Mister D

I would have supported the crown no doubt.

Captain Obvious
05-04-2015, 01:25 PM
yeah, so you have your answer, Captain. America is better off having suffered through a bloody civil war and well over a century of racial hatred and violence.

Pace yourself, the thread's just starting to flower.

Mister D
05-04-2015, 01:25 PM
Pace yourself, the thread's just starting to flower.

I'm taking a hiatus from racial threads. Too much emotion. I'm sort of a cold fish and it doesn't go oevr well.

Captain Obvious
05-04-2015, 01:26 PM
I can dunk and I'm 5'9 and white.

Boom

I used to be able to dunk, I'm 6'1/2, could palm a ball too.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 01:26 PM
It wouldn't have happened otherwise and who fucked up what is immaterial. America would have been better off without those problems. Again, that's so obvious I'm frankly amazed it meets any resistance.

When you fuck something up, that's on you and not the victim.

Again, you shouldn't be amazed, even ignoring the shitty circumstances, you'd be in the same spot because a new boogeyman would arise, or an old flame would flare up.

Bob
05-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Another wonderful nugget of simplistic history from @Bob (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1013). What's next, you going to tell the class how tides rise and fall because of shrimp boats?

Notice when I post, it is no attack. I never used your name. I did not call you out. I offer my opinion on many things.

If you wish to be silly, nobody can stop you.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 01:29 PM

Too bad the basketball gods only gave you Steve Nash and no one else of note.

I kid, I kid. Kinda

The Xl
05-04-2015, 01:29 PM

When you shoot someone in the face, that's on you and not the victim.

Safety
05-04-2015, 01:30 PM
I'm taking a hiatus from racial threads. Too much emotion. I'm sort of a cold fish and it doesn't go oevr well.
Mister D What will that solve? We all have our subjects that generate emotion, some don't like to hear the truth, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be presented.

Safety
05-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Notice when I post, it is no attack. I never used your name. I did not call you out. I offer my opinion on many things.

If you wish to be silly, nobody can stop you.

If/when I post something that is unbelievably silly, I hope someone calls me out on it. Internet is serious business, don'tcha know?

Bob
05-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Yeah, it's the blacks and muslims that have created and furthered their unsustainable debt welfare system and their lack of free speech and gun rights. Oh wait, that's not right.

There goes your bias again.

That is all you have going for you. Wear it well.

PolWatch
05-04-2015, 01:33 PM
No. People will find some excuse to hang discrimination on. Haters will hate....even if they have to manufacture a reason. If we were 100% white, there would be a segment of society that was poor and regarded as a problem. It might be religion, hair color or vegetarians. We would find something....

yeap, Japan really knew how to build a great economy....declare war on us & lose. Maybe Mexico should try that technique. No more illegal immigration, we would prop them up until they owned us.

Bob
05-04-2015, 01:34 PM
If/when I post something that is unbelievably silly, I hope someone calls me out on it. Internet is serious business, don'tcha know?

Are you GOD? Who anointed you to be in charge here?

You were silly to call me out by name. I speak to topics and do my best not to get dragged into such mud fights.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 01:35 PM
There goes your bias again.

That is all you have going for you. Wear it well.

How is that bias? Do elaborate. Was the mass welfare state funded from debt, and the lack of speech and gun rights there before Muslim and African immigration, or did it come after?

Humor me, Bob. I don't deal in bias, I deal in facts and logical conclusions. I don't jump on someone who doesn't look like me at the first sign of any problem. That's bias, Bob. That's bias.

Mac-7
05-04-2015, 01:37 PM

The darkies are more violent.

i expect the murder rate in Finland or Denmark is much lower than America.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 01:38 PM
The darkies are more violent.

i expect the murder rate in Finland or Denmark is much lower than America.

Culture. Many people in Islamic countries are racially considered white, and they're more barbaric than any of the worst black neighborhoods in the country.

Bob
05-04-2015, 01:40 PM
No. People will find some excuse to hang discrimination on. Haters will hate....even if they have to manufacture a reason. If we were 100% white, there would be a segment of society that was poor and regarded as a problem. It might be religion, hair color or vegetarians. We would find something....

yeap, Japan really knew how to build a great economy....declare war on us & lose. Maybe Mexico should try that technique. No more illegal immigration, we would prop them up until they owned us.

That is to me and shows respect. Thank you.

How long will you beat up on Japan for ww2?

The term haters in my view makes hate possible.

Take me for instance. I don't hate any posters here. Many agree with me and some do not. I enjoy this or I would locate other forums. I feel good there is open discourse. When we are shouted down, will you then like your country?

As to your speculation, feel free to build a case. I would wish you well in trying to prove it.

As to being attacked and paying the attackers, do you mean pay the Muslims for attacking the USA? Mexico won't attack us. We are their spare revenue.

Workers come here. The money they make is sent back to Mexico sans expenses a lot of the time. When they work here, they are able to buy property in Mexico. i really don't think that many of them really want to be citizens,. They want the money here and go back to a lot cheaper place to live.

Bob
05-04-2015, 01:43 PM
Culture. Many people in Islamic countries are racially considered white, and they're more barbaric than any of the worst black neighborhoods in the country.

That seems to me to be right where you should be headed to.

Bob
05-04-2015, 01:46 PM
How is that bias? Do elaborate. Was the mass welfare state funded from debt, and the lack of speech and gun rights there before Muslim and African immigration, or did it come after?

Humor me, Bob. I don't deal in bias, I deal in facts and logical conclusions. I don't jump on someone who doesn't look like me at the first sign of any problem. That's bias, Bob. That's bias.

Stop jumping on me because I do not look like you.

Mac-7
05-04-2015, 01:46 PM

Not "many" people but a few Muslims are native Euros such as in Bosnia.

But not many immigrated to the US until recently.

The real question on this thread is would America be better off or not without black people.

And at the very least we would not have masses of blacks rioting and looting in the streets because they would not be here.

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 01:47 PM
There wouldn't be rock and roll...

Bob
05-04-2015, 01:50 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by The Xl http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=1077037#post1077037)
Was the mass welfare state funded from debt, and the lack of speech and gun rights there before Muslim and African immigration, or did it come after?

Europe is deeply ingrained with socialism. It is going to collapse if things go wrong.

The culture is going to hell. A good way to find out is not on your local news. Some countries are still doing okay.

When I was in Germany, to give you an example, the unemployment rate was negative. They had to fill jobs using imported labor. But they would not make it easy to become citizens. What is it today? Is it getting better or worse?

Mister D
05-04-2015, 01:50 PM
@Mister D (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=4) What will that solve? We all have our subjects that generate emotion, some don't like to hear the truth, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be presented.

You see how people get though. If it's the likes of Cigar I don't care.

Captain Obvious
05-04-2015, 01:51 PM
You see how people get though. If it's the likes of Cigar I don't care.

Yeah, once Cigar gets a hold of it and turns it into a joke then why bother?

Bob
05-04-2015, 01:51 PM
There wouldn't be rock and roll...

Tell that to Elvis Presley. (If you see him, say hi for me. :grin:)

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Europe is deeply ingrained with socialism. It is going to collapse if things go wrong.

The culture is going to hell. A good way to find out is not on your local news. Some countries are still doing okay.

When I was in Germany, to give you an example, the unemployment rate was negative. They had to fill jobs using imported labor. But they would not make it easy to become citizens. What is it today? Is it getting better or worse?

Reconstruction after WW2 isn't really comparable to today.

I've been to Europe several times...I didn't see a culture going to hell.

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 01:53 PM
Tell that to Elvis Presley. (If you see him, say hi for me. :grin:)

...and where do you think he got it from?

Safety

The real question on this thread is would America be better off or not without black people.

And at the very least we would not have masses of blacks rioting and looting in the streets because they would not be here.

It says European, Mac-7. Blacks are not the only non-European people living in America.

The Xl
That seems to me to be right where you should be headed to.
Woah, sick burn, Bob

The Xl
05-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Stop jumping on me because I do not look like you.

I assure you that the reason I'm quote unquote jumping on you has nothing to do with the way you look.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 01:57 PM

Creating a problem and then pointing to the victim, of whom are largely law abiding, honest people, is the height of stupidity and is the tell tale sign of a simpleton

Mister D
05-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Yeah, once Cigar gets a hold of it and turns it into a joke then why bother?

I'll make racially derogatory remarks to Cigar all day if I'm bored enough. I think it's funny. Wouldn't to The Wash or Safety because I'd actually care if they took offense.

Mac-7
05-04-2015, 01:59 PM
It says European, @Mac-7 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1014). Blacks are not the only non-European people living in America.

I personally would miss the Asians.

but I don't think they would be left out because they found a way to reach America without the benefit of slavery.

Bob
05-04-2015, 02:00 PM
Reconstruction after WW2 isn't really comparable to today.

I've been to Europe several times...I didn't see a culture going to hell.

Hell, i did not expect to have to educate you of all people.

Bob
05-04-2015, 02:01 PM
...and where do you think he got it from?

That is that bias again. So only one way for him to get it?

Common Sense
Hell, i did not expect to have to educate you of all people.

Please elaborate. Then tell me how Elvis pulled Rock and Roll out of thin air.

Mac-7
Creating a problem and then pointing to the victim, of whom are largely law abiding, honest people, is the height of stupidity and is the tell tale sign of a simpleton

If you want to assign blame for the black problem that's a different question than what the poll asked.

Bob
05-04-2015, 02:03 PM
Woah, sick burn, Bob

Yeah :grin: But somebody had to do it. :poke:

Bob
05-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Please elaborate. Then tell me how Elvis pulled Rock and Roll out of thin air.

Elvis actually was not the first. So what does it matter how he did it? I grew up on R/R and recall how fast it got popular and at that time i would use a tape recorder to record what was on the radio.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 02:09 PM
If you want to assign blame for the black problem that's a different question than what the poll asked.

I answer the poll multiple times. The country would be no better off because someone would quickly fill the void. There will always be hate and a scapegoat

The Xl
05-04-2015, 02:09 PM
Yeah :grin: But somebody had to do it. :poke:

It would have been even sicker had you answered my question

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Elvis actually was not the first. So what does it matter how he did it? I grew up on R/R and recall how fast it got popular and at that time i would use a tape recorder to record what was on the radio.

Oh I know he wasn't the first. You brought him up.

I'm merely stating that without black Music specifically in America, there would be no Rock and Roll music. It took a combination of cultures to create it.

Mister D
05-04-2015, 02:12 PM
Oh I know he wasn't the first. You brought him up.

I'm merely stating that without black Music specifically in America, there would be no Rock and Roll music. It took a combination of cultures to create it.

That's true. American regional music is a mixture of African and Anglo-Celtic influences. oAt least in the south.

PolWatch
05-04-2015, 02:20 PM
We would not have Cajun/Creole food.....that is plumb un-American!

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 02:21 PM
We would not have Cajun/Creole food.....that is plumb un-American!

Without the diverse spectrum of immigrants, the food in the US would be as boring as food from England.

Bob
05-04-2015, 02:24 PM
It would have been even sicker had you answered my question

You are taking yourself wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too serious pal. Calm down. Have a shot and beer if needed. Cool off.

This is not life and death to you. At least not for me.

Mac-7
05-04-2015, 02:24 PM
Next we'll be hearing that without black people we wouldn't have football.

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 02:25 PM
I love when people tell calm people to "calm down".

Bob
05-04-2015, 02:25 PM
Without the diverse spectrum of immigrants, the food in the US would be as boring as food from England.

As it is in Canada you mean?

Bob
05-04-2015, 02:26 PM

Me too.

The Xl
You are taking yourself wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too serious pal. Calm down. Have a shot and beer if needed. Cool off.

This is not life and death to you. At least not for me.

Strong dodge.

Safety

He's telling others to calm down, and that's his third keyboard since yesterday.

Common Sense

No. You can credit England and Ivy league schools for football.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 02:27 PM

Well, it wouldn't be as good.....

Common Sense
As it is in Canada you mean?

Again, for the ill informed. Canada is ethnically diverse.

The Xl
He's telling others to calm down, and that's his third keyboard since yesterday.

You sound like a breeder and a racist

Safety
05-04-2015, 02:28 PM

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/32905264.jpg

Safety
05-04-2015, 02:29 PM
You sound like a breeder and a racist

It's posted on the internet, so it must be true.

Bob
05-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Ever heard of Bill Haley and the Comets Common Sense? They were not blacks.

See a black on the stage?

Bill was out 2 years prior to Elvis Presley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdufzXvjqw

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 02:34 PM
Ever heard of Bill Haley and the Comets @Common Sense (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1085)? They were not blacks.

See a black on the stage?

Bill was out 2 years prior to Elvis Presley.

Of course I have. You're the one who brought up Elvis. Or do you not recall?

Are you really trying to tell me that the white man just invented Rock music?

Bob
05-04-2015, 02:34 PM

http://preview.images.memegenerator.net/Instance/Preview?imageID=2055789&generatorTypeID=&panels=&text0=Did%20somebody%20insult%20you%20Safety%3F&text1=Well,%20EXCUSE%20ME%20then&text2=&text3=

Bob
05-04-2015, 02:35 PM
Of course I have. You're the one who brought up Elvis. Or do you not recall?

Are you really trying to tell me that the white man just invented Rock music?

Does Bill Haley sound black to you? Bill Haley is white as I am. Can't speak for you though.

By the way, i take it that you think whites are too damned stupid to invent Rock and Roll. Sorry pal. I grew up on it.

Safety
05-04-2015, 02:36 PM
http://preview.images.memegenerator.net/Instance/Preview?imageID=2055789&generatorTypeID=&panels=&text0=Did somebody insult you Safety%3F&text1=Well, EXCUSE ME then&text2=&text3=

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AAuaqXoqejg/U-fCGTPY0-I/AAAAAAAATC4/dxbIZ1dqBu4/s1600/shark.jpg

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Does Bill Haley sound black to you? Bill Haley is white as I am. Can't speak for you though.

Can't you answer my question Bob?

Mac-7
05-04-2015, 02:38 PM

I wish libs would learn to write instead of pasting all their arguments from the Cartoon Channel.

The Xl
It's posted on the internet, so it must be true.
Lel

Bob
Can't you answer my question @Bob (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1013)?

I told you several times now. YES the white man did just up and invent Rock and Roll.

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 02:39 PM
I told you several times now. YES the white man did just up and invent Rock and Roll.

LOL...OK, that's what I thought.

Fucking hilarious.

Mister D
05-04-2015, 02:40 PM

That's probably true.

Bob
05-04-2015, 02:40 PM
It seems that Safety is now trading in his bag of barbs for the .... it nothing works,. I shall attack Bob using a dead woman. Especially the mother of his daughter.

Thanks Safety for the low class shot at her.

Bob
05-04-2015, 02:42 PM
LOL...OK, that's what I thought.

Fucking hilarious.

Laugh all you want. If you think Bill Haley and Elvis were blacks, i want to join you laughing.

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 02:43 PM
Laugh all you want. If you think Bill Haley and Elvis were blacks, i want to join you laughing.

Bwhahaha...oh man, you crack me up.

Did I say they were black?

Oh Bob...your ignorance is awesome.

Safety
05-04-2015, 02:45 PM
It seems that Safety is now trading in his bag of barbs for the .... it nothing works,. I shall attack Bob using a dead woman. Especially the mother of his daughter.

Thanks Safety for the low class shot at her.

Don't play the victim now Bob.

Bob
05-04-2015, 02:46 PM

A clear sign you are over your head.

Tell me how long you have seen white musicians as too dumb to invent rock and roll?

Safety
05-04-2015, 02:46 PM

What do you expect from someone who thinks millions were saved because of racism.

Bob
05-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Don't play the victim now @Bob (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1013).

Did you or did you not try to insult me using what you believe to be my dead former wife, who is the mother of my daughter?

You are very vicious.

You played victim by shooting that at me to begin with.

I had not so much as insulted you. I said excuse me.

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 02:48 PM
What do you expect from someone who thinks millions were saved because of racism.

At first I thought he was just playing dumb...but now I think he's serious.

Holy shit....I thought I had seen some dumb shit, but that takes the cake.

Mister D
05-04-2015, 02:50 PM
This took a strange turn but maybe that's a good thing.

Bob

There you go again. This is half your posts. some for information, too many as insults and taunts.

This topic is not the place to discuss my comments on racism saving lives but i still believe it.

Not racism as you appear to believe in it, but very different than that which you believe.

Peter1469
No. But we should limit low skill and low education immigration.

The Xl
05-04-2015, 02:51 PM

Stop being a breeder. Embrace teh faggotry

Bob
05-04-2015, 02:52 PM
At first I thought he was just playing dumb...but now I think he's serious.

Holy shit....I thought I had seen some dumb shit, but that takes the cake.

History is offered at many universities and in colleges all over.

Why not first study.

Mister D
05-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Stop being a breeder. Embrace teh $#@!ry

Breeder is so lame. How could anyone be offended by that? :laugh:

The Xl
05-04-2015, 02:54 PM
Breeder is so lame. How could anyone be offended by that? :laugh:

The use and controversy about it on here made me lol.

Bob
05-04-2015, 02:54 PM
Don't play the victim now @Bob (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1013).

You believe you attacked me. I know you did.

Safety
05-04-2015, 03:00 PM

Americans have ADD.

Safety
05-04-2015, 03:03 PM
Did you or did you not try to insult me using what you believe to be my dead former wife, who is the mother of my daughter?

You are very vicious.

You played victim by shooting that at me to begin with.

I had not so much as insulted you. I said excuse me.

You're playing the victim again, Bob. You started with me after I responded to Mac. I didn't even acknowledge you in this thread until that time.

Bob
05-04-2015, 03:31 PM
You're playing the victim again, Bob. You started with me after I responded to Mac. I didn't even acknowledge you in this thread until that time.

It is you playing the part of victim. My crime was saying excuse me then.

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 03:50 PM
History is offered at many universities and in colleges all over.

Why not first study.

I would suggest you just open a book or study the origins of Rock and Roll. There are many valuable resources.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_and_roll

http://blogs.britannica.com/2008/01/1948-and-the-birth-of-rock-and-roll-music/

http://www.ushistory.org/us/53d.asp

http://www.nysun.com/arts/who-really-invented-rock-n-roll/2037/

Are you just playing dumb Bob?

Do you really not believe, as all sources state, that Rock is a combination of black R&B, blues, boogie woogie and white western swing and country?

PolWatch
05-04-2015, 03:51 PM
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.m5cwhb5Awr1xJQ9SGVq7Yw&pid=15.1&rs=1&c=1&w=180&h=119

Mister D
05-04-2015, 03:52 PM
I actually like country blues a lot. It's been a while since I've listened to that genre but I like it.

Bob
05-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Common Sense, at no time did I state what Rock and Roll is composed of. I know Bill Haley and the Comets are the fathers. At least they got famous for it.

You seem to believe whites simply lack the intelligence to create rock and roll.

http://www.rockmusictimeline.com/1950s.html

In 1953, Bill Haley and His Comets are the first to hit the pop charts with a true rock and roll song, taking their single "Crazy Man Crazy" to #12. Black R&B artists such as Doo Wop group the Orioles achieve crossover success on the Pop Charts in 1953 with their R&B hit "Crying In The Chapel".

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 04:08 PM
Common Sense, at no time did I state what Rock and Roll is composed of. I know Bill Haley and the Comets are the fathers. At least they got famous for it.

You seem to believe whites simply lack the intelligence to create rock and roll.

Oh, so you were just being obtuse. Awesome.

Did I say that? Did I say whites lack the intelligence to create?

Yes, they got famous for it...but the foundation of Rock music is from American blacks. White musicians emulated them and combined it with their style. But as I said from the beginning, without black Americans, there would be no rock and roll. You seemed to disagree. Do you still Bob?

Bob
05-04-2015, 04:11 PM
Oh, so you were just being obtuse. Awesome.

Did I say that? Did I say whites lack the intelligence to create?

Yes, they got famous for it...but the foundation of Rock music is from American blacks. White musicians emulated them and combined it with their style. But as I said from the beginning, without black Americans, there would be no rock and roll. You seemed to disagree. Do you still @Bob (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1013)?

You are being silly. Acting as if Bill Haley copied blacks.

Get over this mania or it will get you down.

PolWatch
05-04-2015, 04:21 PM
The roots of rock and roll lay in African American blues and gospel. As the Great Migration brought many African Americans to the cities of the north, the sounds of rhythm and blues attracted suburban teens. Due to segregation and racist attitudes, however, none of the greatest artists of the genre could get much airplay.

http://www.ushistory.org/us/53d.asp

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 04:21 PM
You are being silly. Acting as if Bill Haley copied blacks.

Get over this mania or it will get you down.

Well, if you know anything about music, you would know that Rock Around the Clock is done in a classic twelve bar blues progression. Did whites invent the blues now too?

Then there's this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo_aV4qgfZA

Ransom
05-04-2015, 04:26 PM
Rock and roll don't come from anywhere. It's blues and Motown, rockabilly and blue grass, folk country, soul and attitude...all mixed into a big pot.

No one invented it.

Read of Mick Jagger talking about his concert in 1964. The TAMI Show. Ahead of the Stones on the card was a cat name of James Brown.....who blew the stage up. Jagger back stage watching, a 'life altering' event for Jagger and the Stones. Afterwards, the Stones shows always tried to match Brown's energy on stage.

Bob
05-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Well, if you know anything about music, you would know that Rock Around the Clock is done in a classic twelve bar blues progression. Did whites invent the blues now too?

Then there's this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo_aV4qgfZA

Rock and roll did not start out as blues.

But you are correct. I am no music expert. I know one or two i can ask to make you happy.

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Rock and roll did not start out as blues.

But you are correct. I am no music expert. I know one or two i can ask to make you happy.

You've made that abundantly clear.

Bob
05-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Common Sense gave me my own ammunition.

Thanks a lot CS

Comparison of the Joe Turner and Bill Haley versions[edit (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Shake,_Rattle_and_Roll&action=edit&section=4)]Both recordings are considered classics.[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shake,_Rattle_and_Roll#cite_note-pc4-4) Haley's version is peppier and brighter. It fits the definition of rock and roll as a merger of country music (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_music) and rhythm and blues (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhythm_and_blues). Haley had started his career in country music (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_music) while Turner was a blues shouter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blues_shouter).
Comparing the two versions illustrates the differences between blues and rock 'n' roll. A simple, stark instrumental backing is heard on the Turner version. Where Turner's version uses a walking bass line, the Comets version, produced by Milt Gabler of Decca Records, features an energetic slap bass. A subdued horn arrangement in the Turner recording can be contrasted with a honking sax riff that answers each line of verse in Haley's version, and the entire band shouts "Go!" as part of the vocal backing.[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shake,_Rattle_and_Roll#cite_note-9)

Bob
05-04-2015, 04:36 PM

You helped me prove my case.

Comparison of the Joe Turner and Bill Haley versions[edit (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Shake,_Rattle_and_Roll&action=edit&section=4)]Both recordings are considered classics.[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shake,_Rattle_and_Roll#cite_note-pc4-4) Haley's version is peppier and brighter. It fits the definition of rock and roll as a merger of country music (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_music) and rhythm and blues (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhythm_and_blues). Haley had started his career in country music (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_music) while Turner was a blues shouter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blues_shouter).
Comparing the two versions illustrates the differences between blues and rock 'n' roll. A simple, stark instrumental backing is heard on the Turner version. Where Turner's version uses a walking bass line, the Comets version, produced by Milt Gabler of Decca Records, features an energetic slap bass. A subdued horn arrangement in the Turner recording can be contrasted with a honking sax riff that answers each line of verse in Haley's version, and the entire band shouts "Go!" as part of the vocal backing.[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shake,_Rattle_and_Roll#cite_note-9)

Bob
05-04-2015, 04:39 PM

It helps that I was a huge fan of Rock and Roll when it came out and as I told you recorded songs I then liked a lot.

I think I am quite a bit older than you so you have no way to recall those events at the time they happened.

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 04:41 PM
You helped me prove my case.

Comparison of the Joe Turner and Bill Haley versions[edit (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Shake,_Rattle_and_Roll&action=edit&section=4)]

Both recordings are considered classics.[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shake,_Rattle_and_Roll#cite_note-pc4-4) Haley's version is peppier and brighter. It fits the definition of rock and roll as a merger of country music (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_music) and rhythm and blues (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhythm_and_blues). Haley had started his career in country music (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_music) while Turner was a blues shouter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blues_shouter).

Oh lord, Bob....you're either being purposefully dense or you really don't get it.

Clearly Haley lifted this song from Turner. It's a copy in a slightly different style. Without Turner, Haley would not have come up with it. It simply wouldn't exist.

Haley and the Comets had directly copied Turner's songs as well. Like Shake Rattle and Roll.

Without Turner, the Comets would not have played any of those songs.

Give it up Bob...you're looking silly and desperate now.

Bo-4
05-04-2015, 05:00 PM
There were no black or brown Europeans?

I'm flabbergasted.

Perhaps if the American Indian had limited such "settlement" to those more resembling THEIR skin color we'd be better off today.

:rolleyes:

Peter1469
05-04-2015, 05:16 PM

I'm flabbergasted.

Perhaps if the American Indian had limited such "settlement" to those more resembling THEIR skin color we'd be better off today.

They tried. They were defeated and subjugated.

Safety
05-04-2015, 05:28 PM
It helps that I was a huge fan of Rock and Roll when it came out and as I told you recorded songs I then liked a lot.

I think I am quite a bit older than you so you have no way to recall those events at the time they happened.

That's like saying just because you were alive when man walked on the moon, that somehow you know more about space travel.

Bob
05-04-2015, 05:33 PM
That's like saying just because you were alive when man walked on the moon, that somehow you know more about space travel.

Good, you got it.

Bob
05-04-2015, 05:36 PM

I'm flabbergasted.

Why you? You stick feathers up the behind and walk around like a turkey? :laugh:

Dr. Who
05-04-2015, 05:44 PM
Not really. Ethnic conflict is a tradition in Europe. Have you seen how Greeks and Turks interact (OK Turkey is not officially European, but whatever - same continent), how Macedonians and Greeks interact, how Serbs and Croats interact, just to name a few. There is very old animus between these peoples. 2nd generation peoples from these traditional enemy nations or ethnic groups get along in the US, but 1st generation still hate each other. European history is rife with historical hatred between ethnic groups and filled with endless wars. You can still see it in the Ukrainian issues happening today. The Ukrainians largely sided with the Germans during WWII against Russia. There are still plenty of Russians and Poles alive today that are holding a grudge against the Ukrainians for different reasons. Armenians still hate the sight of Turks. War was a constant on the continent until relatively recent history.

nic34
05-04-2015, 05:46 PM
Would Europe have been better off if Native American, Australian, and New Zealand natives were the only ones to settle there?

Bo-4
05-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Why you? You stick feathers up the behind and walk around like a turkey? :laugh:

That made no sense BoB -- but this is nothing new.

Polecat
05-04-2015, 06:12 PM
I voted YES. If we didn't have all this diversity it would be much simpler to hate and kill each other for tangible reasons. WASP north western Europeans only. The rest of you scum are not worthy of my spite.

Mac-7
05-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Not really. Ethnic conflict is a tradition in Europe. Have you seen how Greeks and Turks interact (OK Turkey is not officially European, but whatever - same continent), how Macedonians and Greeks interact, how Serbs and Croats interact, just to name a few. There is very old animus between these peoples. 2nd generation peoples from these traditional enemy nations or ethnic groups get along in the US, but 1st generation still hate each other. European history is rife with historical hatred between ethnic groups and filled with endless wars. You can still see it in the Ukrainian issues happening today. The Ukrainians largely sided with the Germans during WWII against Russia. There are still plenty of Russians and Poles alive today that are holding a grudge against the Ukrainians for different reasons. Armenians still hate the sight of Turks.

War was a constant on the continent until relatively recent history.

But not so much in America.

thats why we are the greatest place on earth

Dr. Who
05-04-2015, 06:34 PM
But not so much in America.

thats why we are the greatest place on earth
Precisely because it's not based on ethnicity/race, but on ideology. It is filled with people who have themselves or have had ancestors with a dream of liberty - freedom from persecution, tyranny and poverty.

Bob
05-04-2015, 06:36 PM
That made no sense BoB -- but this is nothing new.

It makes more sense than what you said. You said if the Indians kept whites out, WE would all be better off.

I figured you are a member of one of the tribes that were dominant in America for eons.

Cthulhu
05-04-2015, 07:09 PM
Mister D What will that solve? We all have our subjects that generate emotion, some don't like to hear the truth, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be presented.
Fair enough to say, it just gets old seeing the same usual suspects try to derail a well intended discussion.

The 'Are Whites bring targeted' thread was probably the best discussion this place has seen on race issues, even with the usual suspects doing their best to unravel it.

I understand the fatigue Mister D is talking about. I am considering a boycott on all this racial for a while, or only discussing it in a user group where morons are barred from the discussion.

Or a one on one debate on the topic where they can't immediately fling crap all over the thread.

Without certain safe guards and precautions, it is high pointless to discuss racial/homosexual/gender issues here.

It's part of the reason my activity level has dropped.

Sent from my evil, kitten eating cell phone.

Green Arrow
05-04-2015, 07:13 PM
I voted yes.

Archer0915
05-04-2015, 09:09 PM
After tonight... Nope!

Like I told my wife... If I were not married to her I would have been going home with a sister tonight.

Redrose
05-04-2015, 10:55 PM
I vaguely recall a discussion I was in that touched on this very question. It was centered mostly on what would have happened if the Dutch and British had never brought slaves here from Africa in the 1600's. Immigration from that continent would have occurred normally, and families would have most likely remained together, steering the Afican American population in a different course probably. Slave ships wrecking in the Carribean allowed breeding between the African slaves and the native islanders. If there were never any slave ships, that breeding would not have happened. Just that difference would have had a profound impact on our history, good or bad is hard to say.

The Chinese were employed to build railroads. Would we still have had the RR's when we did?

The Western Europeans did bring their arts, skills and talents to our shores, but this nation was built by a mixture of peoples. The elimination of any one of them would change what this nation is today.

I welcome all immigrants, my family is mostly immigrants. I expect immigrants to assimilate to our customs and laws. Don't come here to make us change to suit you, and then bitch about it, file law suits, when we protest.

If you come here from Mexico, the American flag flies first, then the flag of Mexico. NOT the other way around. At family gatherings, we had a centerpiece at some dinners, with a tiny flag of all our homelands. England, Denmark, Italy. The US flag was in the middle, the highest place of honor.

Safety
05-04-2015, 11:33 PM
Fair enough to say, it just gets old seeing the same usual suspects try to derail a well intended discussion.

The 'Are Whites bring targeted' thread was probably the best discussion this place has seen on race issues, even with the usual suspects doing their best to unravel it.

I understand the fatigue Mister D is talking about. I am considering a boycott on all this racial for a while, or only discussing it in a user group where morons are barred from the discussion.

Or a one on one debate on the topic where they can't immediately fling crap all over the thread.

Without certain safe guards and precautions, it is high pointless to discuss racial/homosexual/gender issues here.

It's part of the reason my activity level has dropped.

I think sometimes we should discuss issues that many would feel uncomfortable doing in a public setting. You get a more honest response than if it was regulated in most PC environments. I did an experiment with my wife the other day, we were talking about the 2016 elections coming up. I asked who she was going to vote for, she said Hillary if she becomes the nominee, I said "why?", she said because she was a female. I said, ok, would it be ok if people voted for Obama because he was black? She said, "sure", then I asked "would it be ok if someone voted for Romney because he was white?", she said "of course not", I then asked "why?"..... silence. I said, "this is the issue we have in America, the double standard."

Moral of the story, don't have a political discussion with your wife before bedtime and you have any intention of extra curricular activities planned...

PolWatch
05-04-2015, 11:35 PM
ah Safety :rollseyes:

Cthulhu
05-04-2015, 11:36 PM
I think sometimes we should discuss issues that many would feel uncomfortable doing in a public setting. You get a more honest response than if it was regulated in most PC environments. I did an experiment with my wife the other day, we were talking about the 2016 elections coming up. I asked who she was going to vote for, she said Hillary if she becomes the nominee, I said "why?", she said because she was a female. I said, ok, would it be ok if people voted for Obama because he was black? She said, "sure", then I asked "would it be ok if someone voted for Romney because he was white?", she said "of course not", I then asked "why?"..... silence. I said, "this is the issue we have in America, the double standard."

Moral of the story, don't have a political discussion with your wife before bedtime and you have any intention of extra curricular activities planned...
Great moral of the story there.

Safety
05-04-2015, 11:38 PM
ah @Safety (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1226) :rollseyes:

LoL, sometimes people should just pray for me.

Common
05-05-2015, 12:23 AM

Europeans were not non violent, they took turns killing each other. There is one main difference between ethnic europeans and blacks, they didnt kill each other in large numbers in their own neighborhoods. Neighborhoods were safe havens for wives and daughters. If there was a scumbag in the neighborhood the men banned and took care of it. Hispanics dont kill each other in their own neighborhoods either like blacks do.
Black crime is the quite prevalent in their own neighborhoods. Truth is the truth.
I didnt vote on this thread, either answer is wrong and either answer can be right.

Safety
05-05-2015, 12:40 AM
Europeans were not non violent, they took turns killing each other. There is one main difference between ethnic europeans and blacks, they didnt kill each other in large numbers in their own neighborhoods. Neighborhoods were safe havens for wives and daughters. If there was a scumbag in the neighborhood the men banned and took care of it. Hispanics dont kill each other in their own neighborhoods either like blacks do.
Black crime is the quite prevalent in their own neighborhoods. Truth is the truth.
I didnt vote on this thread, either answer is wrong and either answer can be right.

It was a tongue in cheek comment. Latin gangs don't kill each other?

Common
05-05-2015, 12:46 AM
It was a tongue in cheek comment. Latin gangs don't kill each other?

Of course everyone does, imo not to the extent blacks do, in high crime minority neighborhoods, they have no regard at times for women and children. Home invasions and drivebys kill more kids than you want to know.

Saftey telling what you believe is the truth is not racist. Some want to keep the truth a secret and blame everything else and everyone else they can. The only way out of this is to confront the truth.

Its time the truth came out and america confronts it.

I wasnt being sarcastic to you or trying to insult you

Redrose
05-05-2015, 12:58 AM

Strangely I do see your wife's point. It was wonderful to see a non-white candidate get serious attention. The possibility of a black president was mezmerizing to many. They wanted to be part of that "first". Sadly, too many did vote for Obama solely because of his skin color. Not a good reason.

Same for Hillary. The first woman president. It is time. Where I differ with your wife's position is, as much as I would like to see these firsts come to fruition, those two people Obama and Clinton were not the best choices. IMO. We have better black and female candidates today, but that should be secondary to what their platforms and abilities are.

Voting for a "first" is tempting, but what makes them "the first" should not dominate your decision. We must look further than race, gender, etc.

Common
05-05-2015, 01:02 AM

Very interesting post and very true. Nothing can be fixed until were all honest about it.

The Xl
05-05-2015, 01:08 AM

Good job for keeping it real with your wife.

Bad way to get laid though

Safety
05-05-2015, 01:23 AM
Of course everyone does, imo not to the extent blacks do, in high crime minority neighborhoods, they have no regard at times for women and children. Home invasions and drivebys kill more kids than you want to know.

Saftey telling what you believe is the truth is not racist. Some want to keep the truth a secret and blame everything else and everyone else they can. The only way out of this is to confront the truth.

Its time the truth came out and america confronts it.

I wasnt being sarcastic to you or trying to insult you

I didn't say it was racist to tell the truth. I do believe that if the discussion is going to be how groups are compared to blacks, or to the extent that blacks do something, then I also believe that the converstion should include which groups have been maligned to the extent blacks in the U.S. have, including the duration and supposedly cessation point in time.

Common
05-05-2015, 01:25 AM
I didn't say it was racist to tell the truth. I do believe that if the discussion is going to be how groups are compared to blacks, or to the extent that blacks do something, then I also believe that the converstion should include which groups have been maligned to the extent blacks in the U.S. have, including the duration and supposedly cessation point in time.

I dont deny that safety, but how we got here is not as important as how we deal with it today.

Looking to yesterday is a blame game that doesnt help anything.

Safety
05-05-2015, 01:25 AM
Good job for keeping it real with your wife.

Bad way to get laid though

I forgot the golden rule in marriage, "Would you rather be right, or would you rather be happy?"

:grin:

Common
05-05-2015, 01:40 AM
I forgot the golden rule in marriage, "Would you rather be right, or would you rather be happy?"

:grin:

Just always say Yes its easier and your better off in the end

William
05-05-2015, 03:09 AM

LOL, of course Europeans are non-violent, when have we ever gone to war?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/95/Johann_Peter_Krafft_005.jpg/300px-Johann_Peter_Krafft_005.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/32/The_Battle_of_La_Hogue%2C_23_May_1692.png/300px-The_Battle_of_La_Hogue%2C_23_May_1692.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/48/The_Siege_and_Relief_of_Gibraltar_(2).jpg/300px-The_Siege_and_Relief_of_Gibraltar_(2).jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/56/Austerlitz-baron-Pascal.jpg/300px-Austerlitz-baron-Pascal.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0f/Die_Seeschlacht_bei_Lissa.jpg/300px-Die_Seeschlacht_bei_Lissa.jpg

Safety
05-05-2015, 03:25 AM
LOL, of course Europeans are non-violent, when have we ever gone to war?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/95/Johann_Peter_Krafft_005.jpg/300px-Johann_Peter_Krafft_005.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/32/The_Battle_of_La_Hogue%2C_23_May_1692.png/300px-The_Battle_of_La_Hogue%2C_23_May_1692.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/48/The_Siege_and_Relief_of_Gibraltar_(2).jpg/300px-The_Siege_and_Relief_of_Gibraltar_(2).jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/56/Austerlitz-baron-Pascal.jpg/300px-Austerlitz-baron-Pascal.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0f/Die_Seeschlacht_bei_Lissa.jpg/300px-Die_Seeschlacht_bei_Lissa.jpg

That doesn't count, it was before the Internet.

Mac-7
05-05-2015, 06:52 AM
I think some people miss the point with these references to wars between euro nations.

The question was how would America be different if we had not had slavery and therefore no black people in our history.

Ransom
05-05-2015, 07:52 AM

Not exactly true. You'd know more about space travel than the average civil war soldier for example. Unfortunately, the average historical perspective on this forum makes Bob way ahead on this one. You live through the era, you've a better understanding. Everyone has their opinion on where rockin came from.....there is no wrong nor right answer. It's just rock and roll. And we like it.

Common Sense
05-05-2015, 07:56 AM
Not exactly true. You'd know more about space travel than the average civil war soldier for example. Unfortunately, the average historical perspective on this forum makes Bob way ahead on this one. You live through the era, you've a better understanding. Everyone has their opinion on where rockin came from.....there is no wrong nor right answer. It's just rock and roll. And we like it.

I beg to differ....Bob is dead wrong on Rock.

Ransom
05-05-2015, 08:29 AM
I beg to differ....Bob is dead wrong on Rock.

Yer from f'n Canada, CJ. When Bob comes up there and tries to explain Hockey to you, let me know. When rockin needs doin, we Americans will explain it to you. There was a British Invasion....but there was a reason they invaded here. To rock.

Don't you have a race card to play or some police indictments to cheer about elsewhere?

Dangermouse
05-05-2015, 08:34 AM
Yer from f'n Canada, CJ. When Bob comes up there and tries to explain Hockey to you, let me know. When rockin needs doin, we Americans will explain it to you. There was a British Invasion....but there was a reason they invaded here. To rock.

Don't you have a race card to play or some police indictments to cheer about elsewhere?

We invaded to make money selling you back your heritage that you had ignored, since it was mainly black. All the invaders had blues roots to their rock.

Common Sense
05-05-2015, 08:40 AM

LOL...so you agree with Bob? Black music had no part in the origins of rock?

nic34
05-05-2015, 08:40 AM
We invaded to make money selling you back your heritage that you had ignored, since it was mainly black. All the invaders had blues roots to their rock.

Touché!

PolWatch
05-05-2015, 08:45 AM

Please keep the discussion civil...attacking a member because of their nationality is bad faith posting

Common Sense
05-05-2015, 08:47 AM
I don't even watch hockey...

The Xl
05-05-2015, 09:01 AM

That's racist

Mister D
05-05-2015, 09:07 AM

Yeah, I'll bet you don't drink beer or say "eh". :rollseyes:

Polecat
05-05-2015, 09:11 AM

You have just put yourself on the Canadian watch list for domestic terrorism with that crack.

Archer0915
05-05-2015, 11:39 AM
Some folk want whites DEAD!

http://xtribune.com/2015/01/youll-never-guess-famous-singer-says-black-people-kill-white-people-make-pay/

Captain Obvious
05-05-2015, 11:42 AM
You have just put yourself on the Canadian watch list for domestic terrorism with that crack.

He's already on an airline to Zimbabwe.

Polecat
05-05-2015, 11:45 AM
He's already on an airline to Zimbabwe.

I hope he likes soccer then or he won't make it there either.

Common Sense
05-05-2015, 11:46 AM
Some folk want whites DEAD!

http://xtribune.com/2015/01/youll-never-guess-famous-singer-says-black-people-kill-white-people-make-pay/

Sorry, where did she say she wanted whites dead?

Do you not think there are idiots on both sides? You really don't think that there are tweets about killing blacks?

Common Sense
05-05-2015, 11:47 AM
I hope he likes soccer then or he won't make it there either.

Nope, soccer is even more boring.

I'd like to check out Zimbabwe....

Archer0915
05-05-2015, 11:56 AM
Sorry, where did she say she wanted whites dead?

Do you not think there are idiots on both sides? You really don't think that there are tweets about killing blacks?

She said Kill

You read it like you want to and I will read it like I want to. Read all of her posts. B!tch is on that shit!

Captain Obvious
05-05-2015, 11:58 AM
Nope, soccer is even more boring.

I'd like to check out Zimbabwe....

Too much like hockey, but without skates and caucasians.

Common Sense
05-05-2015, 11:59 AM
She said Kill

You read it like you want to and I will read it like I want to. Read all of her posts. B!tch is on that shit!

LOL...maybe if you believe in witchcraft.

Archer0915
05-05-2015, 12:04 PM
LOL...maybe if you believe in witchcraft.

Does not matter the b!tch is on that shit and wants whites dead!

Common Sense
05-05-2015, 12:06 PM

On that shit? She doesn't say she wants whites dead.

Anyways...focus on a tweet by an obscure rapper if it makes you feel better.

I like her 212 song.

Archer0915
05-05-2015, 12:13 PM
On that $#@!? She doesn't say she wants whites dead.

Anyways...focus on a tweet by an obscure rapper if it makes you feel better.

I like her 212 song.

Yeah! Kill and poison without touching them.

Safety
05-05-2015, 02:50 PM

Twitter.....really?

C'mon man.

Common Sense
05-05-2015, 02:51 PM
Yeah! Kill and poison without touching them.

Ooooh...scary magic!

Safety
05-05-2015, 02:54 PM
She said Kill

Just to show how ridiculous you are being....

https://twitter.com/cjhathy21

Let me know when you get outraged over that.

PolWatch
05-05-2015, 03:05 PM
thanx Safety....now I have to go wash my eyes with Lysol.

Safety
05-05-2015, 03:08 PM
thanx @Safety (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1226)....now I have to go wash my eyes with Lysol.

I mean...it's Twitter. Narcissistic people who are looking for attention. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Polecat
05-05-2015, 03:12 PM
Just to show how ridiculous you are being....

https://twitter.com/cjhathy21

Let me know when you get outraged over that.

Day-um Safety! Your twitter feed is a bit brutal. I don't know if we can be friends anymore after seeing that.

Safety
05-05-2015, 03:14 PM
Day-um Safety! Your twitter feed is a bit brutal. I don't know if we can be friends anymore after seeing that.

Nope, sorry, don't do the Twit.

PolWatch
05-05-2015, 03:23 PM
First off, anyone who spends time using something called Twitter? Do they give IQ tests and refuse those who score over 75? I wonder about using such technology today for such trash....but that is one advantage of being old. No one expects me to understand.

Dangermouse
05-05-2015, 03:26 PM
Touché!

Lol!
I read Keef Richards autobiography recently, (he's surprisingly normal) and all the Stones found it weird when they would reel off lists of American artists who inspired them, and the (white) interviewer would go, "Who?"

The Stones first album had 12 tracks 3 self-penned 1 by a white guy and 8 by various black bluesmen. (& Chuck Berry)

nic34
05-05-2015, 03:31 PM

Would that be before or after the Europeans brought genocide to those continents?

Polecat
05-05-2015, 03:33 PM
First off, anyone who spends time using something called Twitter? Do they give IQ tests and refuse those who score over 75? I wonder about using such technology today for such trash....but that is one advantage of being old. No one expects me to understand.

It is actually a very valuable tool for data mining. There are sophisticated algorithms that have demonstrated an ability to predict the future based on the collective drivel that social media is continually expectorating. Fascinating stuff. But more scary than fascinating.

nic34
05-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Lol!
I read Keef Richards autobiography recently, (he's surprisingly normal) and all the Stones found it weird when they would reel off lists of American artists who inspired them, and the (white) interviewer would go, "Who?"

John Lennon once said, “If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it ‘Chuck Berry’.”

https://youtu.be/fevQPZDyxdk

Common Sense
05-05-2015, 03:53 PM
Lol!

The Stones first album had 12 tracks 3 self-penned 1 by a white guy and 8 by various black bluesmen. (& Chuck Berry)

I read it as well. Pretty good...

William
05-05-2015, 09:32 PM
I think some people miss the point with these references to wars between euro nations.

The question was how would America be different if we had not had slavery and therefore no black people in our history.

That's a great question, and one that's easier to understand than the title of the OP. I think it would still be a multicultural society - like Australia and Britain - but without some of the prejudice that is still there. But, like in Australia and other countries, I don't think the prejudice is cos of the colour of anyone's skin. It's cos of economic and cultural differences. So when a society becomes economically more equal, there is less prejudice simply cos the standard of living is more the same, and there is less 'us and them'.

Bob
05-05-2015, 09:38 PM
That's a great question, and one that's easier to understand than the title of the OP. I think it would still be a multicultural society - like Australia and Britain - but without some of the prejudice that is still there. But, like in Australia and other countries, I don't think the prejudice is cos of the colour of anyone's skin. It's cos of economic and cultural differences. So when a society becomes economically more equal, there is less prejudice simply cos the standard of living is more the same, and there is less 'us and them'.

Maybe you can round up an aborigine and marry one???????? Sound good to you?

Safety
05-05-2015, 09:40 PM

LoL, how's that minority outreach going for you Bob?

Bob
05-05-2015, 09:46 PM
LoL, how's that minority outreach going for you @Bob (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1013)?

See how damned sensitive you are. Do you wear makeup for that blush?

Safety
05-05-2015, 09:49 PM
See how damned sensitive you are. Do you wear makeup for that blush?

....don't think I can blush. Thanks for the concern anyway.

William
05-05-2015, 10:04 PM

Yeh, why not, if she's hot? :grin:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/77/c3/61/77c36191800cc238cfd89d67b8d4f405.jpg

The problems between Anglo-Australians and Aboriginals have some different causes from those in your countries (cos Aussies didn't have slavery - but something quite similar in the early days,) but the main difference is economic. Of course there are High Court Judges and Surgeons who are Aboriginal, but the majority of Aboriginal Australians are not as well off as European Australians. When they are, and when they are not discriminated against cos of their skin (like with the same qualifications, a white Australian will be given a job before a black one,) the problems will go away. But maybe that will take another hundred years. :sad:

Dr. Who
05-05-2015, 10:09 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/77/c3/61/77c36191800cc238cfd89d67b8d4f405.jpg

The problems between Anglo-Australians and Aboriginals have some different causes from those in your countries (cos Aussies didn't have slavery - but something quite similar in the early days,) but the main difference is economic. Of course there are High Court Judges and Surgeons who are Aboriginal, but the majority of Aboriginal Australians are not as well off as European Australians. When they are, and when they are not discriminated against cos of their skin (like with the same qualifications, a white Australian will be given a job before a black one,) the problems will go away. But maybe that will take another hundred years. :sad:
I does sound like there is discrimination. If a white and black Australian have the same qualifications - the white Aussie gets the job - that is also discriminatory. If two people have the same qualifications then usually personality or demeanor should be the deciding factor, not ethnicity in a truly fair system.

Bob
05-05-2015, 10:20 PM

Don't marry her before your dad sees her. LOL

I get programs from time to time on them and know a bit about their problems. By the way, that hot girl might not like you as much as you like her. Ya think?

I know very well prejudice exists there.

William
05-05-2015, 10:20 PM
I does sound like there is discrimination. If a white and black Australian have the same qualifications - the white Aussie gets the job - that is also discriminatory. If two people have the same qualifications then usually personality or demeanor should be the deciding factor, not ethnicity in a truly fair system.

There is discrimination, and actually Bob made a good point when he asked me if I would marry an Aboriginal girl. I would, cos I didn't grow up in Australia, and my parents have always taught me that ethnicity is unimportant. But I think most Anglo-Aussies would have to think hard about whether they would. But like I said, the main difference is in income and life style. But there are some other differences with outback Aboriginals who live a more tribal life style which are harder to overcome. Like land and family is much more important to Aboriginal Australians than to European Australians - not land ownership (traditional Aboriginals don't recognise ownership of anything like we do) but the countryside where they come from. That's why I think it will take another hundred years for it to be sorted. But in the meantime, I think we must improve the income and life style of the Aboriginals who live in the cities.

Bob
05-05-2015, 10:21 PM
....don't think I can blush. Thanks for the concern anyway.

I knew that.

Green Arrow
05-05-2015, 10:24 PM

Not that I disagree, but I am confused on this point. If they have the same qualifications, why would it be discriminatory for the white Aussie to get the job? The white Aussie is qualified, why not hire them?

William
05-05-2015, 10:29 PM
Don't marry her before your dad sees her. LOL

I get programs from time to time on them and know a bit about their problems. By the way, that hot girl might not like you as much as you like her. Ya think?

I know very well prejudice exists there.

LOL, you're not wrong - I don't think that chick would give me a first look, never mind about a second. I don't have much luck, specially with older girls. :grin: And I'm getting spots now.:sad:

Bob
05-05-2015, 10:37 PM
LOL, you're not wrong - I don't think that chick would give me a first look, never mind about a second. I don't have much luck, specially with older girls. :grin: And I'm getting spots now.:sad:

That photo is not a full blooded Aborigine. She has a lot of white in her blood.

Guys like girls at a lot of ages. Girls like guys later on. Some girl will get lucky and you will be there for her.

Your dad did it and you can too.

Bob
05-05-2015, 10:41 PM

There just can't be a country with no prejudice or discrimination. That is not in man's nature.

I have made the case it can be beneficial. I believe a lot of the aborigines wish the white man never showed up.

Dr. Who
05-06-2015, 04:41 PM
Not that I disagree, but I am confused on this point. If they have the same qualifications, why would it be discriminatory for the white Aussie to get the job? The white Aussie is qualified, why not hire them?
I'm not saying the white guy shouldn't, but skin color shouldn't be the tie breaker.