PDA

View Full Version : A conservative way to change the culture in the inner city.

zelmo1234
05-04-2015, 06:53 PM
so here are my ideas that I believe would change the culture in the inner cities and poor communities.in the USA.

The Part of the Government!

#1 make the inner city an enterprise zone. NO federal corporate taxes. 1/2 the federal tax rate for those working in the factories that will do 200 hours of community service per year. The corporations would give 1 extra week vacations to each employee that would preform this service as part of there deal.

#2 remove the blockade for all charities religious or not that would do counseling, renovation, education, and job training in the inner cities.

#3 State government would set up through community collages, jobs training, daycare centers, and drug programs based and ran by the people of the inner city. the funding for this would be based on a 50-50 basis with the federal government.

#4 Increased police presence, ending and educating gangs, putting violent offender behind bars or in body bags. setting up community policing and watch groups. Policing the schools all day every day and more than 1 officer walking the halls.

#5 25% premium for teacher working in the inner city that achieve excellence in student achievement. Allow schools to take charitable donations and use collage students in education programs in collages to provide tutoring.

Peter1469
05-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Sounds better than the status quo.

Common Sense
05-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Some good ideas. I like #1 and #2.

zelmo1234
05-04-2015, 07:01 PM
That part of charities and organizations.

habitat for humanity would put a blitz in these communities using labor from the community to fix and repair existing homes. build new and safe homes on vacant lots and demolish homes beyond repair. People would be engcouraged to donate funds and used products from their home remodels to aid in the costs. Business would be given double the tax deductions for reducing prices of products and donating for the operations.

Reading and math is fundamental groups would be encourage to create operations in these neighborhoods. using renovated buildings done by the community, and being secured by the added police presence in the community.

Welfare to workfare. people of the community would be employed in the community day care centers, working on the buildings and homes, removing gang tagging. and damage from the community. restoring green spaces and the building and tearing down of the homes in the community. the general cleaning and repair of the city.

big Brother and Big sister would work with other businesses and organizations to not only provide and father figure, or mother figure but also educate the children on the possibilities and jobs that can break the cycle of despair.

zelmo1234
05-04-2015, 07:05 PM
The part of the people

First to inform on the people that are brining terror to their community so the police can remove them.

Second to take the personal responsibility to improve their community. Adults would be encouraged to advance there education level, no matter what that level is.

Family control and education. Teaching that the best want to insure that you succeed is not to have babies with different men and to plan to succeed instead of fail

Provide all of the labor needed by the charities, contractors, city engineers, and others that are trying to improve the area. weather they are employed, earning their welfare benefits, or just volunteering.

Chris
05-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Hernando de Soto, an economist, studies poverty and finds that one of the biggest obstacles to the poor working their way out of poverty is is red tape of various sorts, rules, regulation, licensing, and so on that make starting a business difficult if not impossible. A good example of this is taxi medallions that cost s fortune and keep independents out of the business.

So I'd add that to your list, zelmo.

midcan5
05-04-2015, 07:23 PM
Someone may have mentioned it but you missed the most important piece, living wage jobs that can support a family. Business will thrive if jobs are there, business alone is limited in what it can do. Interesting book for the thoughtful reader, check out the 'The New Prophets of Capital.' No big cures but thoughtful.

Chris
05-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Someone may have mentioned it but you missed the most important piece, living wage jobs that can support a family. Business will thrive if jobs are there, business alone is limited in what it can do. Interesting book for the thoughtful reader, check out the 'The New Prophets of Capital.' No big cures but thoughtful.

Where will jobs come from if not businesses?

zelmo1234
05-04-2015, 07:50 PM

I am going to let others worry about what the actual living wage is. In many cases these people need to learn how to work. Period.

I do not want to discourage any business from coming into the community. Paying someone 10 or 12 dollars an hour that has never held a job in their life is silly. but even 2 people in one house earning minimum wage is better than the assistance. If they have children they would still qualify for the food stamp programs.

They need to learn to crawl, and they walk and then run. As the community improves and they build work ethic and skills better companies will move into the area. Thus wages will grow.

If the left demands running in the beginning, then nothing will change, and all will be a waste.

this has been part of the problem If it can't be equal some politicians refuse to do anything

I want to give these people hope.

Mister D
05-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Some good ideas. I like #1 and #2.

I've seen #1 implemented. Actually, I think much of NY State slashed corporate taxes.

Dr. Who
05-04-2015, 08:35 PM
so here are my ideas that I believe would change the culture in the inner cities and poor communities.in the USA.

The Part of the Government!

#1 make the inner city an enterprise zone. NO federal corporate taxes. 1/2 the federal tax rate for those working in the factories that will do 200 hours of community service per year. The corporations would give 1 extra week vacations to each employee that would preform this service as part of there deal.

#2 remove the blockade for all charities religious or not that would do counseling, renovation, education, and job training in the inner cities.

#3 State government would set up through community collages, jobs training, daycare centers, and drug programs based and ran by the people of the inner city. the funding for this would be based on a 50-50 basis with the federal government.

#4 Increased police presence, ending and educating gangs, putting violent offender behind bars or in body bags. setting up community policing and watch groups. Policing the schools all day every day and more than 1 officer walking the halls.

#5 25% premium for teacher working in the inner city that achieve excellence in student achievement. Allow schools to take charitable donations and use collage students in education programs in collages to provide tutoring.
Actually sounds pretty good so long as number four doesn't turn into a police state.