PDA

View Full Version : Idaho high school kid proves that Gov. Otter's education cuts are costly

Bo-4
05-06-2015, 09:43 AM
Another idiot, who probably shouldn't graduate.

There's a good chance that whoever spray-painted a prom invitation on the Black Cliffs east of Boise isn’t going to have any money for a tux or limo, the Ada County Sheriff's Office reports.

The creator of the pink-and-blue message DESTINY, PROM? could face a misdemeanor charge of injury by graffiti, punishable by up to six months in jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000. Since the area is owned by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management, the graffiti also could draw a federal misdemeanor charge of willingly defacing a natural area.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/05/05/3788281/graffiti-prom-invitation-painted.html

http://media.idahostatesman.com/smedia/2015/05/05/19/37/O1a1I.AuSt.36.jpeg

Mac-7
05-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Another idiot, who probably shouldn't graduate.

There's a good chance that whoever spray-painted a prom invitation on the Black Cliffs east of Boise isn’t going to have any money for a tux or limo, the Ada County Sheriff's Office reports.

The creator of the pink-and-blue message DESTINY, PROM? could face a misdemeanor charge of injury by graffiti, punishable by up to six months in jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000. Since the area is owned by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management, the graffiti also could draw a federal misdemeanor charge of willingly defacing a natural area.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/05/05/3788281/graffiti-prom-invitation-painted.html

http://media.idahostatesman.com/smedia/2015/05/05/19/37/O1a1I.AuSt.36.jpeg

I guess they eliminated the lib class on earth worship.

Otherwise this kid would be more respectful to the environment.

Bo-4
05-06-2015, 10:03 AM

Guess so Mac. Another win for Draconian red state education cuts.

Captain Obvious
05-06-2015, 10:06 AM

Throwing money at stupid only makes it more stupid.

Enabling thing.

Mac-7
05-06-2015, 10:06 AM

That must be it.

Libs will have to restore the environmentalism brainwashing budget when they get back in power.

Captain Obvious
05-06-2015, 10:09 AM
I have a hunch this kid was destined for a life of idiocy regardless of what the governor did with the budget.

This is the shit-the-bed assumptive liberal process that, well just defines liberalism. Just make shit up and blame conservatives.

I almost feel bad for these people who, having to lie to themselves is more important than honest objectivity.

Mister D
05-06-2015, 10:09 AM
Throwing money at stupid only makes it more stupid.

Enabling thing.

This is one canard there is simply no longer any excuse for dragging out. It has been shown to be false many times.

Captain Obvious
05-06-2015, 10:10 AM
This is one canard there is simply no longer any excuse for dragging out. It has been shown to be false many times.

But it's an easy excuse, and you know progressives are all about easy.

Mister D
05-06-2015, 10:12 AM
But it's an easy excuse, and you know progressives are all about easy.

It's deeply ingrained at this point. We don't spend enough on education! It's an everyone knows that sort of thing for them. Even teachers, who you would think would know better, say that.

Bo-4
05-06-2015, 10:13 AM
I have a hunch this kid was destined for a life of idiocy regardless of what the governor did with the budget.

This is the shit-the-bed assumptive liberal process that, well just defines liberalism. Just make shit up and blame conservatives.

I almost feel bad for these people who, having to lie to themselves is more important than honest objectivity.

I have a hunch you're correct. But since it's a hyper partisan poll-chat board, i felt obligated to fulfill my duties. ;)

Mister D
05-06-2015, 10:14 AM
I have a hunch you're correct. But since it's a hyper partisan poll-chat board, i felt obligated to fulfill my duties. ;)

Not really. It's just a board that has a few hyper partians. No names of course. :wink:

Captain Obvious
05-06-2015, 10:15 AM
It's deeply ingrained at this point. We don't spend enough on education! It's an everyone knows that sort of thing for them. Even teachers, who you would think would know better, say that.

It's not spending. You can spend all the money, throw all the consultants models at it, pay teachers through the roof, change testing this way to Sunday, do all of that shit, none of it matters if the student refuses to learn.

And kids refuse to learn because they don't have to. Society will supplement them. Society will give them a living wage for doing nothing, or pay them an entitlement.

Liberalism just isn't smart enough to recognize this, so just keep throwing money at it because it's all they know how to do.

Bo-4
05-06-2015, 10:16 AM
Not really. It's just a board that has a few hyper partians. No names of course. :wink:

Of course! ;-)

Mister D
05-06-2015, 10:20 AM
It's not spending. You can spend all the money, throw all the consultants models at it, pay teachers through the roof, change testing this way to Sunday, do all of that $#@!, none of it matters if the student refuses to learn.

And kids refuse to learn because they don't have to. Society will supplement them. Society will give them a living wage for doing nothing, or pay them an entitlement.

Liberalism just isn't smart enough to recognize this, so just keep throwing money at it because it's all they know how to do.

Agreed. The worst part is they don't seem to have any idea of how much money they are actually throwing at it which is scary. Time and again people have told me that because some urban areas are relatively poor the schools are underfunded. In fact, they receive more money than suburban and rural schools! I know that for a fact in my state.

The Sage of Main Street
05-06-2015, 10:59 AM
Guess so Mac. Another win for Draconian red state education cuts. As long as they don't cut football. I mean, like, what else is school for?

Bo-4
05-06-2015, 11:04 AM
That must be it.

Libs will have to restore the environmentalism brainwashing budget when they get back in power.

Is it cool in your world to deface natural areas with spray paint Mac?

Bo-4
05-06-2015, 11:06 AM
As long as they don't cut football. I mean, like, what else is school for?

Won't ever happen in Idaho. Just music and PE classes -- you know, unimportant stuff like that. ;-)

domer76
05-06-2015, 12:25 PM

This is Idaho. Rednecks rule here

domer76
05-06-2015, 12:27 PM

Look at Idaho's education funding. Probably rivaled by only Mississippi

Bo-4
05-06-2015, 12:50 PM

Yep my Boise friend domer76. Governor Butch and the legislature seem hellbent on killing public education as we know it.

Death by a thousand cuts and the good teachers are blowing out of here for greener pastures.

I started noticing the decline when my daughter was in high school (Centennial). Class sizes got huge and teachers had no time for parental interaction.

Finally put her in online classes to finish out her senior year. It was bad. Only two good high schools left here in town: Bishop Kelly (private catholic) and Boise High (still ranked as one of the best nationally).

Mac-7
05-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Is it cool in your world to deface natural areas with spray paint Mac?

Sometimes.

People paint rocks or even carve images into mountains.

This is public land instead of his personal property so I agree that he should be punished for what he did.

But more money spent on bleeding heart liberal brainwashing may not be called for here as you seem to think.

domer76
05-06-2015, 01:08 PM
Yep my Boise friend domer76. Governor Butch and the legislature seem hellbent on killing public education as we know it.

Death by a thousand cuts and the good teachers are blowing out of here for greener pastures.

I started noticing the decline when my daughter was in high school (Centennial). Class sizes got huge and teachers had no time for parental interaction.

Finally put her in online classes to finish out her senior year. It was bad. Only two good high schools left here in town: Bishop Kelly (private catholic) and Boise High (still ranked as one of the best nationally).

The only reason the Boise schools are as good as they are is because the local taxpayers levy additional taxes upon themselves. Otherwise, they would languish like many of the rural schools do. (Boise High - the greatest of all high schools! Go Braves!)

Bo-4
05-06-2015, 01:32 PM
The only reason the Boise schools are as good as they are is because the local taxpayers levy additional taxes upon themselves. Otherwise, they would languish like many of the rural schools do. (Boise High - the greatest of all high schools! Go Braves!)

Yep, i tried to transfer my girl there her senior year. There are no boundary rules anymore but they were full up at the time.

Lot of smart kids come out of there. I knew a couple of them and they were a cut above. If you graduated from there you were lucky.

Captain Obvious
05-06-2015, 01:35 PM

Not a lot going on in Idaho, go see for yourself.

domer76
05-06-2015, 01:48 PM
That defaced basalt cliff is about 5 miles from my house. I see the backward shit in this state every day.

Tahuyaman
05-06-2015, 01:54 PM

Even red red states are bound by one size fits all federal standards.

Bo-4
05-06-2015, 01:57 PM

True in many parts of Idaho Cappy .. not so much B-town.

http://www.menshealth.com/best-life/best-cities-men

nic34
05-06-2015, 02:02 PM
This is Idaho. Rednecks rule here

So you're both in Boise? Sucks huh?

You could always move on up to "lefty" Moscow. :grin:

domer76
05-06-2015, 03:34 PM
So you're both in Boise? Sucks huh?

You could always move on up to "lefty" Moscow. :grin:
Moscow sucks. Windy all the time and full of asshole Vandal fans. They are, however, 8 miles from legal pot