PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Behind Obama By Only Two Points

Conley
08-25-2011, 06:09 PM
THE president is in trouble. A new Gallup poll shows Barack Obama losing by 2% to Mitt Romney in a hypothetical race held "today". Mr Obama is tied with Rick Perry. But the really interesting news is that the president wins by just 2% against Ron Paul, the guy most media gatekeepers assume too unelectable to be worth covering. For her part, Michele Bachmann, whose legitimacy as a serious candidate has been created largely by a self-justifying circle of relentlessly obsessive media coverage, loses in her hypothetical race against Mr Obama by 4%.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2011/08/ron-paul-0

It is too bad the media decided Ron Paul is unelectable. The people sure disagree.

Mister D
08-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Wow.

Conley
08-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Wow.

I knew an Economist link would get you to post. ;D

I think it is a combo of Obama being so weak and Paul still having his loyal supporters, but it surprised me as well.

wingrider
08-25-2011, 06:47 PM
what is more to the point is this.

if ron paul is only behing our great messiah ( obama ) by only two points and Paul is considered unelectable by the mainstream media.. what does that say about Obama? to me it says that Obama is unelectable also..

Pendragon
08-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Well Obama is president so I think that directly contradicts your idea that he is unelectable.

Furthermore Ron Paul is a legitimate contender, especially if the Republican sheep wake up between now and the primaries and realize they are being lied to.

Conley
08-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Well Obama is president so I think that directly contradicts your idea that he is unelectable.

Furthermore Ron Paul is a legitimate contender, especially if the Republican sheep wake up between now and the primaries and realize they are being lied to.

I think it's an open race at this point. I certainly didn't think Obama was going to beat Clinton for the nomination back in 08.

Mister D
08-25-2011, 06:53 PM
Wow.

I knew an Economist link would get you to post. ;D

I think it is a combo of Obama being so weak and Paul still having his loyal supporters, but it surprised me as well.

I'm stunned, actually.

I need to renew that subscription but I get in these funks where i don't read it for weeks. It's expensive...

Conley
08-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Why are you so surprised?

Mister D
08-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Why are you so surprised?

He always does well in the polls but not this well. It does say a lot about Obama.

wingrider
08-25-2011, 07:51 PM

for once I almost agree with your entire post. the fact that Obama is CURRENTLY the president means very little at this point. If he continues to fall behind and is just barely ahead of a guy that according to the MSN is unelectable.. then it would seem that logic would dictate that by 2012 Obama will Lose the election by a pretty good margin.

Look the man cannot run on his record, it is a dismal failure, hope and change will not work,
and according to economists and others we are in for high unemployment and a stagnate economy for the next 5 to 10 years.. unless he pulls off a miracle he won't be re-elected.

Pendragon
08-25-2011, 08:01 PM
It is unusal for a sitting president to not be elected for a second term.

The only time it has happened in the last thirty years was with George Herbert Walker Bush.

wingrider
08-25-2011, 08:06 PM

The only time it has happened in the last thirty years was with George Herbert Walker Bush.

miracles do happen .. but you are wrong on bush being the only one not re-elected.. please check history I can recall 3

MMC
08-26-2011, 02:13 AM

miracles do happen .. but you are wrong on bush being the only one not re-elected.. please check history I can recall 3

:D Yeah we can't forget Jimmy Carter. >:D

wingrider
08-26-2011, 02:56 AM
or gerald ford

MMC
08-26-2011, 07:35 AM
Moreover Hope and Change was only about Lord Marshall's Campaign.....Even when he made his first initial speech to run for the Presidency. The Mantra was.....Transform America. Now we know that all Lord Marshall did and said. Was to Continue the Necro-Monger way.

wicked necromongers: dame Vaako / Richard B Riddick / lord Vaako (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFQ4l9fUxEM#)

You Keep What you Kill.....

Mister D
08-26-2011, 07:42 AM

History begins with after Carter for our liberal friends. >:(

MMC
08-26-2011, 08:01 AM

:D They do tend to forget their history. What I am trying to figure out is if they dont have gym, and arts, and science. Just what do they learn. Considering Economics is not their forte neither? >:D

Mister D
08-26-2011, 08:24 AM

:D They do tend to forget their history. What I am trying to figure out is if they dont have gym, and arts, and science. Just what do they learn. Considering Economics is not their forte neither? >:D

:D Hmmm...they learn about the value of racial diversity. Oh, and they take pretty advanced courses in obfuscation and evasion. ;)

MMC
08-26-2011, 08:43 AM

:D Hmmm...they learn about the value of racial diversity. Oh, and they take pretty advanced courses in obfuscation and evasion. ;)

:D :D "Oh,".....Home Ecs!! ;D >:D

Mister D
08-26-2011, 08:47 AM

:D :D "Oh,".....Home Ecs!! ;D >:D

Yeah but most the course is about what a "home" actually means. I think Heather Has Two Mommies is one of the required text books. ;D