PDA

View Full Version : Is Obama taking black vote for granted?

Trinnity
07-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Is Obama taking black vote for granted? (http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/12/politics/obama-black-voters/index.html)

Some African-Americans have watched enviously as President Barack Obama courted other voting blocs critical to his re-election hopes.

The president pushed for repeal of the "don't ask, don't tell" law that barred gays from serving openly in the military and endorsed same-sex marriage; he helped push through fair pay for women; he supported the DREAM Act, which provided a path to citizenship for young adults in the U.S. illegally; he said his administration would stop deporting young illegal immigrants who entered the country as children provided they meet certain requirements.

Given that an overwhelming number of African-Americans consistently support Obama, some have openly wondered if the nation's first African-American president is taking them for granted. And if he is, is that a risk he can afford to take.

The answer appears to be yes.

A Black pastor was on the news earlier saying that Obama should have come and that he's taking them for granted. He also said a lot of Blacks will be sitting this election out. THAT is what brought this topic up with me. And lo and behold, he's gonna find many Blacks sitting this one out, just like the pastor said.

Smartmouthwoman
07-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Yep, I'd say he is.

http://www.paramuspost.com/mediagallery/mediaobjects/tn/c/c_20080519th2ap-obama.jpg

roadmaster
07-12-2012, 03:45 PM
They will vote for him even if the unemployment rate is 14% for them. I guess they still blame Bush.

Mainecoons
07-12-2012, 03:48 PM
They're going to vote for him because they've been deluded into thinking he's "black." Now when you look at his record, other than the opportunistic race baiting, this is a guy who hasn't wasted a lot of time working to improve the condition of blacks or even thinking much about it.

Trinnity
07-12-2012, 04:58 PM
They will vote for him even if the unemployment rate is 14% for them. I guess they still blame Bush.
The Back unemployment rate overall is 14.4%

Trinnity
07-12-2012, 05:00 PM
They're going to vote for him because they've been deluded into thinking he's "black." Now when you look at his record, other than the opportunistic race baiting, this is a guy who hasn't wasted a lot of time working to improve the condition of blacks or even thinking much about it.He's a committed ideologue. And what Dinesh D'souza says about him is true, imo.