PDA

View Full Version : NK claims to launch missiles from submarine

Bo-4
05-09-2015, 12:07 PM
Wonder if these blew up like his last 10 or 15. From what i've seen, my kid and i have had more successful launches of Estes rockets. :)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/09/us-northkorea-submarine-idUSKBN0NU02V20150509

"This make Rodman very proud.. and Americans lose sleep!"

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/09/10/287D390200000578-3074342-image-a-1_1431164029831.jpg

Peter1469
05-09-2015, 03:31 PM
I would doubt the picture is real.

Adelaide
05-10-2015, 10:26 AM
Probably just more posturing.

Mac-7
05-10-2015, 10:28 AM
How do libs breathe with their heads stuck in the sand like this?

Bo-4
05-10-2015, 10:52 AM
How do libs breathe with their heads stuck in the sand like this?

Are you worried about Little Kim too Mac?

Do you think he has an ICBM that can deliver a nuke to our shores??

Do you think he'd be stupid enough to do so even if he did???

Are you perpetually in fear of everything and everyone who doesn't think like you do????

Should we nuke all those we fear before they nuke us?????

Mac-7
05-10-2015, 10:54 AM
Are you worried about Little Kim too Mac?

Do you think he has an ICBM that can deliver a nuke to our shores??

Do you think he'd be stupid enough to do so even if he did???

Are you perpetually in fear of everything and everyone who doesn't think like you do????

Should we nuke all those we fear before they nuke us?????

I think he will be able to reach the US with nukes eventually.

Bo-4
05-10-2015, 10:56 AM
I think he will be able to reach the US with nukes eventually.

That doesn't answer any of my questions.

Mac-7
05-10-2015, 11:02 AM
That doesn't answer any of my questions.

I answers all of them except the last question.

We didn't stop NK from getting the first bomb because liberals in s korea feared a war with the north.

But an ICBM or a submarine born missile threatens America.

Should we make the same mistake twice?

I don't know.

But unlike the libs on this thread I'm not going to laugh and party and just hope kim won't shoot us.

Mac-7
05-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Notice many of the same people on the same side of two current issues that may seem unrelated.

But legalizing drugs that help libertines escape reality is the perfect lib defense against nuclear weapons in North Korea or Iran that threaten America.

Bo-4
05-10-2015, 11:16 AM
I answers all of them except the last question.

We didn't stop NK from getting the first bomb because liberals in s korea feared a war with the north.

But an ICBM or a submarine born missile threatens America.

Should we make the same mistake twice?

I don't know.

But unlike the libs on this thread I'm not going to laugh and party and just hope kim won't shoot us.

No you didn't, not even close. But always fun to see your undying support for perpetual war while carrying water for the military industrial complex.

And of course, your love of really REALLY big government and a moral cop in every personal life.

waltky
12-21-2016, 12:15 AM
Uncle Ferd heard dey gonna put a nuclear warhead onna torpedo an' call it the Fatboy...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_omg.gif
Analyst: North Korea submarine may be preparing to go to sea
Dec. 19, 2016 -- North Korea's GORAE-class experimental ballistic missile submarine may be preparing to go to sea.

Writing for 38 North, a Johns Hopkins University website dedicated to North Korea issues, analyst Joseph Bermudez stated work on the submersible craft appears to be complete at Sinpo South Shipyard, according to satellite images taken Dec. 9. The netting that once covered the submarine and a submersible test barge has been removed, and North Korea also appears to have completed work on the land area along the waters, a "reconfiguration [that] will allow the stand to test missiles with engines larger than the KN-11 SLBM last tested in August."

The analyst added the imagery is not yet available to confirm a recent report that North Korea conducted a "cold launch" from a land-based facility in December. If it did happen the launch "would have taken place from the vertical test stand at Sinpo," Bermudez writes. What the images from Dec. 9 do show are a "small grouping of equipment of supplies" and the removal of netting that covered the submarine. "These two factors suggest that both [submarine and submersible test barge] may have recently been at sea or are preparing to go to sea in the near future," the analyst writes.

http://cdnph.upi.com/sv/b/i/UPI-8061482203970/2016/1/14822041287772/Analyst-North-Korea-submarine-may-be-preparing-to-go-to-sea.jpg

Those possibilities however do not necessarily mean North Korea is preparing for another test of an SLBM. "There are numerous reasons why the GORAE or test barge would be put to sea other than testing missiles or their components, such as certification of personnel or validation of repairs. Therefore, based on satellite imagery alone, it is not possible to determine whether a SLBM test is imminent," the analyst stated.

North Korea has previously tested SLBMs in April, July and August, and possibly in December, according to a U.S. official who spoke anonymously to Japanese television network NHK.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2016/12/19/Analyst-North-Korea-submarine-may-be-preparing-to-go-to-sea/8061482203970/?spt=sec&or=tn

Bethere
12-21-2016, 12:22 AM
Uncle Ferd heard dey gonna put a nuclear warhead onna torpedo an' call it the Fatboy...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_omg.gif
Analyst: North Korea submarine may be preparing to go to sea
Dec. 19, 2016 -- North Korea's GORAE-class experimental ballistic missile submarine may be preparing to go to sea.

It could have a tragic accident somewhere near the Mariana trench.

Tragically the wreckage would be hard to recover.

Ransom
12-21-2016, 07:32 AM
This isn't easy. My guess is they are getting technology either from China or Russia. This is one of the most difficult targeting endeavors, a ballistic missile from a submarine isn't a joke. They've long and medium range missiles, however, if they can equip a sub with them and shoot straight....and get a nuclear warhead on it......it's a game changer. I might for the first time here agree with Bethere, I might find this sub once it puts to sea and have an accident with it.

Red December Movie.