PDA

View Full Version : Warning: More dead police:(

Archer0915
05-11-2015, 10:04 AM
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2015/05/09/two-hattiesburg-police-officers-killed/27072893/

Authorities arrested Curtis Banks, 26, and Marvin Banks, 29, and Joanie Calloway, 22, early Sunday morning. They were taken to Troop J of the Mississippi Highway Patrol, where they were to be questioned by the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation.Cornelius Clark, age unavailable, was arrested Sunday afternoon and charged with obstruction of justice, Mississippi Bureau of Investigation spokesman Warren Strain said.
Marvin Banks and Calloway have been charged with two counts each of capital murder, and Curtis Banks is charged with two counts of accessory after the fact to capital murder. Marvis Banks was convicted of possession of stolen property in Forrest County in 2010, according to Mississippi Department of Corrections records. He was sentenced in November 2010 to one year and one day to serve, with four years of probation. His probation was revoked, and he started a three-year sentence that ended in June 2012, when he was freed from custody on earned release supervision. That ended in May 2014.

Susan B. Anthony
05-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Have you seen that girl? She looks like she's 12 years old. Sigh.

Archer0915
05-11-2015, 10:18 AM

I blame the MSM and the government in general for this.

The Xl
05-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Very sad.

exotix
05-11-2015, 11:01 AM
I blame the MSM and the government in general for this.
Why would the govt. be to blame ... it upholds the 2nd Amendment.

Susan B. Anthony
05-11-2015, 11:04 AM

Is that the one that guarantees your right to murder?

If so, why would they put these people in jail?

exotix
05-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Is that the one that guarantees your right to murder?

If so, why would they put these people in jail?The 2nd Amendment doesn't address that ... the local govt. and states do.

texan
05-11-2015, 11:08 AM
I am sure it won't be long before Al Sharpton flies down to support the police and scold the black community for continuing to do these type things across the country to police officers and their communities.

Archer0915
05-11-2015, 11:09 AM

Let them destroy! We need a Justice investigation of every death of a black man where police are involved... If I had a son...

It sets a shitty tone.

exotix
05-11-2015, 11:11 AM
Let them destroy! We need a Justice investigation of every death of a black man where police are involved... If I had a son...

It sets a $#@!ty tone.
The 2nd Amendment says everyone gets a gun ... this supersedes everything like God.

Susan B. Anthony
05-11-2015, 11:17 AM
The 2nd Amendment doesn't address that ... the local govt. and states do.

Then the 2nd amendment doesn't have anything at all to do with these murderous criminals, does it.

Archer0915
05-11-2015, 11:17 AM
The 2nd Amendment says everyone gets a gun ... this supersedes everything like God.

So smart ass... It does not say that. Actually if you really want to get into it, read it.

People (men that are in the militia which is technically every man who is eligible for service, not women) have a RIGHT it does not say everyone shall get one. Simply that the RIGHT shall no be infringed upon.

exotix
05-11-2015, 11:22 AM
Then the 2nd amendment doesn't have anything at all to do with these murderous criminals, does it.
So smart ass... It does not say that. Actually if you really want to get into it, read it.

People (men that are in the militia which is technically every man who is eligible for service, not women) have a RIGHT it does not say everyone shall get one. Simply that the RIGHT shall no be infringed upon.
Only morons believe the 2nd Amendment only pertains to a protecting oneself from a tyrannical govt.

Archer0915
05-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Only morons believe the 2nd Amendment only pertains to a protecting oneself from a tyrannical govt.

Perhaps it is morons that believe it means something else. It serves more purposes but it mean exactly what you think it does not mean.

Susan B. Anthony
05-11-2015, 11:26 AM

Brilliant minds realize it is a license to murder.

lol

texan
05-11-2015, 11:29 AM
Stop playing Toxic's game. She thinks its cute but it is stupid...........we all know this but you still play?

Susan B. Anthony
05-11-2015, 11:31 AM
Stop playing Toxic's game. She thinks its cute but it is stupid...........we all know this but you still play?

I enjoy spanking her. Even she has to see how foolish she is.

Archer0915
05-11-2015, 11:31 AM

But it makes most of us feel good to know how stupid some of the lefties are.

nic34
05-11-2015, 11:32 AM

Seems you haven't gotten word of the 19th amendment either....

exotix
05-11-2015, 11:39 AM
Depends ... I mean, look how after every murder-by-gun you try to figure out why it happens ... LOL

Susan B. Anthony
05-11-2015, 11:41 AM
Depends ... I mean, look how after every murder-by-gun you try to figure out why it happens ... LOL

And every murder by knife no one cares!

HAHA!

Archer0915
05-11-2015, 11:43 AM

Seems the government did not get it either. So women got drafted in WWII? Korea? Nam? They get selective service cards?

Fail.

exotix
05-11-2015, 11:44 AM
And every murder by knife no one cares!

HAHA!
No you mean no one posts knife murders on the forum ... this is because the founding fathers figured you had no chance of taking the country back with one so no Constitutional Amendment needed.

Susan B. Anthony
05-11-2015, 11:45 AM
No you mean no one posts knife murders on the forum ... this is because the founding fathers figured you had no chance of taking the country back with one so no Constitutional Amendment needed.

Yet there it is, and more than 200 years later you're still crying about it.

Get over it, it's a done deal.

lol

exotix
05-11-2015, 11:47 AM
Yet there it is, and more than 200 years later you're still crying about it.

Get over it, it's a done deal.

lolYou're the one who appears to be dazed and confused when people get shot-to-death.

Susan B. Anthony
05-11-2015, 11:48 AM
You're the one who appears to be dazed and confused when people get shot-to-death.

So keep crying about the 2nd Amendment.

Either way it's a done deal.

lol

exotix
05-11-2015, 12:00 PM
So keep crying about the 2nd Amendment.

Either way it's a done deal.

lolCorrect .. so even cops with guns get shot-to-death ... a done 2nd Amendment deal.

Archer0915
05-11-2015, 12:03 PM
Correct .. so even cops with guns get shot-to-death ... a done 2nd Amendment deal.

You really do not get it. You need a dick! A good fucking should get your head screwed on straight.

Susan B. Anthony
05-11-2015, 12:07 PM
Correct .. so even cops with guns get shot-to-death ... a done 2nd Amendment deal.

Yes, the 2nd Amendment gives Americans the right to murder people.

And now we've come full circle. :)

exotix
05-11-2015, 12:16 PM
You really do not get it. You need a dick! A good $#@!ing should get your head screwed on straight.
Yes, the 2nd Amendment gives Americans the right to murder people.

And now we've come full circle. :)
I can see how the exotix thinking outside the box disturbs you ... 'We the People' get a gun ... doesn't matter if you're a member of the Armed Forces, a cop or a civilian murderer/mass-murderer of any race, creed or color ...

So my advice is to have an epiphany instead of acting like you're all wrapped-up like a douche ... http://i60.tinypic.com/1zovy9k.gif

Susan B. Anthony
05-11-2015, 12:20 PM
I can see how the exotix thinking outside the box disturbs you ... 'We the People' get a gun ... doesn't matter if you're a member of the Armed Forces, a cop or a civilian murderer/mass-murderer of any race, creed or color ...

So my advice is to have an epiphany instead of acting like you're all wrapped-up like a douche ... http://i60.tinypic.com/1zovy9k.gif

She mad-mad lol.

waltky
04-18-2016, 09:49 PM
The bond of blue...
:cool2:
Killings of Officers Felt Deeply Across Ranks
April 18, 2016 - The bond felt between police officers and among agencies is never highlighted quite so much as when tragedy strikes the ranks.

Danville Police Chief Dan Weckesser knows as well as anyone in Knox County the breadth of the loss felt after one of his officers, Thomas Cottrell Jr., was shot and killed earlier this year. He knows his officers are hurting. But he also has discovered that the pain and the uncertainty dwell even in the mind of his 14-year-old son. "Whenever I get a call and I go to leave at night," Weckesser said, "my son tells me that he can't sleep if I'm not there. "I told my son, 'We'll have to work through this. You know what I do.' "

Cottrell, who was ambushed and shot to death Jan. 17, was the first Ohio law-enforcement officer to be killed in the line of duty this year. Last week, Columbus SWAT Officer Steven M. Smith became the second. Smith died Tuesday, two days after he was shot during a standoff in Clintonville as he manned the turret of one of the Police Division's armored vehicles. His funeral on Tuesday is expected to draw hundreds of officers. Some will be from Danville.

http://r2.officer.com/files/base/OFCR/image/2016/04/16x9/640x360/lodds.571527ad655f9.jpg
The bond felt between police officers and among agencies is never highlighted quite so much as when tragedy strikes the ranks.

The bond felt between police officers and among agencies is never highlighted quite so much as when tragedy strikes the ranks. "I've been to a lot of police funerals, and there is no greater demonstration of grief than you will see at a police funeral," said Jim Pasco, executive director of the National Fraternal Order of Police. Police officers "know the possibility exists that it may be their day. This is magnified whenever one of their brothers or sisters is hurt or killed."

Jason Pappas, president of the local FOP lodge, said those bonds can be strongest in a unit like SWAT, where the team is small and the work intense. "They've been in the same unit for years together," Pappas said. "That's no different than losing a brother or sister." "The department is a family," said David A. Harris, a law professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and an expert in police conduct. "For most officers, it is their cultural and occupational home. Losing someone in a violent death is a terrible thing, and they feel this very keenly."

MORE (http://www.officer.com/news/12195817/killings-of-police-officers-felt-deeply-across-ranks)

Hal Jordan
04-18-2016, 10:03 PM
Okay, seriously, waltky, you can create new threads rather than necroposting on tangental topics.

https://community.imgur.com/uploads/default/original/3X/6/6/661181fa54c7a0e886cde6b14be99a49cf1d1bce.png

waltky
04-18-2016, 10:40 PM
Yes, I intend to continue this thread with posts on assaults against our police officers.

Rebel Son
04-19-2016, 06:30 PM
I remember taking the oath, it said foreign and domestic. You miss what in that? Oh, you never swore an oath, other than to occupy and Bernie.

waltky
05-09-2016, 10:54 PM
Suspect wounded in subsequent shoot-out with police...
:shocked:
Kansas Police Officer Fatally Shot by Suspect
May 9, 2016 - A Kansas City police detective died Monday, several hours after officials said he was shot near the Kansas Speedway by 28-year-old Curtis Ayers.

A Kansas City, Kan., police detective died Monday, several hours after being shot near the Kansas Speedway. The man being sought in the shooting, Curtis Ayers, 28, of Tonganoxie, was arrested by Kansas City police after he was wounded in a shootout in the area of Bannister Road and Bruce R. Watkins Drive. He was reported in stable condition. A woman was also wounded at the scene of where Ayers was captured. Her injury was believed to be non-life threatening. After the detective was shot, Ayers allegedly fled in the detective’s unmarked police vehicle. Within minutes he allegedly carjacked another vehicle nearby. A short time after that he was believed to have carjacked another vehicle in Basehor.

Less than two and a half hours later, the silver Ford Focus taken in Basehor was involved in a wreck, and police shot and arrested Ayers. Police said the wreck occurred while Ayers was trying to exit east onto Bannister Road. He failed to negotiate the turn and crashed into a concrete pillar. “We need an ambulance, code,” the officer said. “Get ’em here quick.” The string of events began earlier in the afternoon, after police in Kansas City, Kan., were asked to check on a suspicious person near 110th Street and Village West Parkway about 12:15 p.m. That person, believed to be Ayers, ran from two officers north toward the speedway.

A detective heard the call and went to assist the officers, said Officer Patrick McCallop, a Kansas City, Kan., police spokesman. The detective exchanged gunshots with the man. The detective was hit more than once. “Don’t know how serious yet,” Kansas City, Kan., Police Chief Terry Zeigler tweeted shortly afterward. The gunman took the detective’s unmarked car and fled. He then carjacked a gold Toyota Camry at 118th Street and State Avenue and took off with two children still inside. Police requested multiple ambulances at that location. Police later found the car and the children abandoned in Basehor. The children were unharmed.

About 1:05 p.m., police reported that the carjacker had taken a silver Ford Focus at gunpoint in Basehor. A witness described the carjacker as blood-covered. At 2:09 p.m., Ziegler tweeted a brief update on the detective: “Officer in surgery. Please pray for him and his family!” Meanwhile, officers converged on Tonganoxie to check his neighborhood and others for Ayers. As they talked to nervous Tonganoxie neighbors of Ayers, a police officer announced, “We got him.” One lady hollered: “Did you kill him?” “No,” the officer said. “He’s shot up.”

VIDEO (http://www.officer.com/news/12205675/kansas-police-officer-shot-and-killed-by-suspect)

OGIS
05-10-2016, 09:40 AM

"Toxic"?

Are you five?

waltky
05-11-2016, 04:41 AM
Identity of fallen Kansas police officer released...
:huh:
Fallen Kansas Police Detective Mourned
May 10, 2016 - Detective Brad Lancaster was fatally shot Monday afternoon while attempting to stop a suspect who ran from other officers near the Kansas Speedway.

As a city and its police department mourn Tuesday, prosecutors from multiple jurisdictions are conferring about charges against the man who allegedly killed a Kansas City, Kan., police detective Monday. Detective Brad Lancaster was fatally shot early in the afternoon while attempting to stop a suspect who ran from other officers just south of the Kansas Speedway. The suspect, identified by police as 28-year-old Curtis Ayers, allegedly shot Lancaster multiple times before fleeing in the detective's unmarked vehicle. Ayers was later shot and wounded by Kansas City police and taken into custody. He remained hospitalized Tuesday and is expected to survive.

A public vigil for Lancaster is planned for 7:30 p.m. tonight at Kansas City, Kan., City Hall. A memorial fund has been established for Lancaster's family. Contributions can be made at any branch of the Greater KC Public Safety Credit Union or at Kansas City, Kan., Police Headquarters at 7th Street and Minnesota Avenue. Lancaster, 39, a nine-year member of the Kansas City, Kan., Police Department, was an Air Force veteran who formerly worked for the Platte County Sheriff's office. Meanwhile Tuesday, prosecutors from Wyandotte, Jackson and Leavenworth counties were working out details of where and when charges will be filed for Monday's violent crime spree. Officials said they anticipate that Wyandotte County prosecutors will likely announce charges Wednesday.

http://r3.officer.com/files/base/OFCR/image/2016/05/16x9/640x360/kansaslodd.57320f4adf407.jpg
Detective Brad Lancaster

Prosecutors in Jackson and Leavenworth counties have not said if they will pursue charges for crimes committed in their jurisdictions. In Kansas, the intentional killing of a police officer is a capital offense that carries a possible death sentence. Ayers, 28, was paroled for prison in January, and could also be subject to federal charges of being a felon in possession of a firearm or using a firearm in a crime of violence. Also on Tuesday, more details emerged about Monday's multi-state crime spree that began shortly after noon when Lancaster was fatally shot, and his unmarked police car was taken, allegedly by Ayers. A short time later, as Ayers drove west on State Avenue, another Kansas City, Kan., police officer rammed the detective's stolen car. Ayers was then involved in a crash with another vehicle in the area of 118th Street and State Avenue.

There, he allegedly confronted a woman at gunpoint who was driving with two small children in her vehicle. He forced a woman from her vehicle and drove off with the children still inside as their mother frantically tried to stop him. She suffered minor injuries, according to police. In the woman's car, Ayers drove west and then north on Kansas 7 to the city of Basehor. Basehor Police Chief Lloyd Martley said Ayers drove into the Falcon Lakes subdivision and was driving on 141st Street when he spotted a house with an open garage that had a car in it. Ayers pulled into the garage, then walked into the house where he confronted the resident at gunpoint. "He was sitting on the couch when he turned around and had a gun in his face," the chief said. The gunman demanded money, clothing and the homeowner's car keys.

MORE (http://www.officer.com/news/12206165/fallen-kansas-police-detective-mourned)

waltky
06-06-2016, 01:48 AM
Memphis police officer run over by fleeing suspect...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_omg.gif
Memphis Officer Struck and Killed by Suspect
June 5, 2016 - Memphis Police Officer Verdell Smith died Saturday night after being struck downtown by the vehicle of a fleeing shooting suspect.

An 18-year veteran of the Memphis Police Department died Saturday night after being struck downtown by the vehicle of a fleeing shooting suspect. Verdell Smith, 46, died at the Regional Medical Center at Memphis, making him the latest casualty in a brutal year that's seen 95 homicides so far -- possibly more if the death of a woman whose body was found in Frayser earlier Saturday evening is ruled a homicide or if any of three other victims in the crime that claimed Smith die. "This highlights the dangers officers face every day," MPD Director Michael Rallings said during a press conference outside the Med shortly before 2 a.m. Rallings said no charges have been filed yet against the suspect who felled Smith, who left a father, fiance and children.

Smith was struck after the unidentified suspect, who was taken into custody and transported to the Regional Medical in noncritical condition, shot three people during a spree that began in the Pinch District at Westy's Restaurant and Bar and spilled over to Bass Pro Shops before ending near Beale and Third streets. Rallings said police at Main and Exchange heard shots at 9:55 p.m. and found two male victims at Westy's. They were transported to Regional and remained in critical condition. At 10:02 p.m., Rallings said police got a call to the nearby Bass Pro, where a male employee had been shot. He was taken to Regional in noncritical condition. The suspect, described as a black male, fled in a silver vehicle and was spotted on Riverside Drive before officers lost site near the interstate.

http://r1.officer.com/files/base/OFCR/image/2016/06/16x9/640x360/memphislodd.57543e59e73a2.jpg
Memphis Police Officer Verdell Smith

Rallings said police weren't sure what route the suspect took next, but he ended up at Beale and Third as officers were working to clear the area. That's where Smith was struck. The suspect was taken into custody after a foot chase. Martin Norris and Jake Schorr IV, employees of Westy's, said a man walked up from the south on Main Street, talking loudly to himself, pulled a handgun and shot two customers who were sitting at a picnic table in front of the restaurant. Norris and Schorr chased the man down the block, but he crossed Front Street and jumped a fence, heading toward the parking lot of Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid.

There, truck driver Luis Cortez of Laredo, Texas, was exiting Bass Pro with his family when he heard gunshots in the parking lot. Cortez said the victim appeared to be a store employee who had been collecting shopping carts. Cortez said he saw a car near the victim, but couldn't see inside it because of dark-tinted windows. The car sped away and the victim ran to the store entrance, Cortez said. Memphis resident Tina Jamison said she was on Beale when the crash occurred, and she approached officers on the street. "We heard on the scanner, 'officer down,' Jamison said. She said when she heard commotion, she initially thought there had been a fight on Beale. "They told us to go inside one of the restaurants," she said.

http://www.officer.com/news/12216693/memphis-officer-struck-and-killed-by-shooting-suspect

waltky
06-23-2016, 05:25 PM
Jefferson Parish deputy killed, two other Ouachita Parish deputies shot...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/eek.gif
Louisiana Deputy Killed; Suspect in Custody
June 23, 2016 - Jefferson Parish Deputy David F. Michel Jr. was shot three times in the back after a pedestrian stop outside a Dunkin' Donuts Wednesday.

A Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office deputy was fatally shot Wednesday after a pedestrian stop on the West Bank, and authorities were questioning a man taken into custody in connection with the afternoon shooting. The deputy, David F. Michel Jr., was shot three times in the back and taken to University Medical Center in New Orleans, said Dr. Gerry Cvitanovich, the Jefferson Parish coroner. Michel, 50, of Marrero, joined the Sheriff's Office as a reserve in 2007 and became a full-time deputy in 2013, serving in the second district patrol division. He most recently had been assigned to the Sheriff's Office Street Crimes Unit. The name of the male suspect -- who was being treated at University Medical Center for minor injuries -- was not immediately released. He was taken into custody in the Pebble Walk neighborhood, where authorities said he fled after the shooting.

The shooting happened at 12:21 p.m. during a pedestrian stop outside the Dunkin' Donuts shop on Manhattan Boulevard, at the intersection of Ascot Road. Col. John Fortunato, a Sheriff's Office spokesman, said a "struggle ensued" between the deputy and the suspect when the suspect pulled a gun from his waistband and began firing. The suspect continued firing even after the deputy fell to the ground, Fortunato said. The shooting drew a massive law enforcement response to Harvey, as authorities combed the area for the shooter. A police helicopter could be seen circling overhead. Witnesses reported seeing deputies rush to the scene, where they set up perimeter. Shortly before 2 p.m. an ambulance with lights and sirens blaring flew up the University Medical Center ramp, accompanied by a marked JPSO cruiser. Minutes later a motorcade of unmarked police vehicles rushed toward the hospital, followed shortly after that by five State Police motorcycles.

http://r1.officer.com/files/base/OFCR/image/2016/06/16x9/640x360/ladeputylodd.576bd0e846adf.jpg

Jefferson Parish Sheriff Newell Normand plans to hold a news conference at 10 p.m. at the Sheriff's Office to discuss the shooting. Cvitanovich, the coroner, said Michel's autopsy was underway Wednesday afternoon. Michel is the second Jefferson Parish deputy to be shot in the line of duty this year. In January, Deputy Stephen Arnold, a 12-year veteran of the Sheriff's Office, was shot and wounded during a pre-dawn drug raid in the Lower 9th Ward. The shooting shocked Jefferson Parish and the law enforcement community. The last Jefferson Parish deputy to be killed in the line of duty was Joshua Norris, who was fatally shot in 2007 responding to a domestic disturbance, according to the Sheriff's Office's website.

Jefferson Parish Councilman Chris Roberts interrupted a Parish Council meeting on Wednesday to hold a moment of silence for the fallen deputy and his loved ones. Later, he said the city of Gretna's water tower would be illuminated in blue to show support for the local law enforcement community, and that the parish General Government Building on Derbigny Street and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome would be lit up in the same color to pay respects to Michel. "We stand with all of our (law enforcement officers)," Roberts said on Facebook.

http://www.officer.com/news/12224154/louisiana-deputy-killed-suspect-in-custody

See also:

Louisiana Deputies Shot; Suspect in Custody
June 23, 2016 - Two Ouachita Parish deputies were wounded while attempting to serve felony warrants Thursday morning.

Both deputies, who were assisting the U.S. Marshal's Office, arrived at 105 Mary Beth Court around 6:15 a.m. Thursday to serve several no-bond warrants when the incident occurred, according to The News Star.

Ouachita Parish Sheriff Jay Russell said the deputies entered the residence where the suspect, identified as 26-year-old Rickie Lavelle Wade Jr., was located. A brief scuffle ensued and one deputy was shot in the leg. A second deputy drew his weapon as encountered the suspect and he was shot once in his jaw before Wade fled the scene.

A manhunt was launched and Wade was taken into custody at approximately 8:40 a.m. after a standoff at a residence at 128 Michelle Court. The two deputies were transported to local hospitals and both were listed in stable condition. One of the deputies was transported to LSU-Shreveport for further examination. Charges against Wade are pending.

http://www.officer.com/news/12224521/louisiana-deputies-shot-suspect-in-custody

Common
06-23-2016, 05:29 PM

A legal gun

exotix
06-23-2016, 05:47 PM
Cops die just like everyone else.

Common
06-23-2016, 05:53 PM
Cops die just like everyone else.

Nice try, Illegal immigrants murder alot of americans including police, you dont mind. Muslims murder americans you try to change it white republican christians.

Chris
06-23-2016, 09:15 PM
You really do not get it. You need a dick! A good fucking should get your head screwed on straight.

Please stop the vulgar insults and address instead the topic.

waltky
06-27-2016, 08:43 PM
Cop killing suspects arrested...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif
Three Arrested in Death of Puerto Rico Officer
June 27, 2016 | Agent Gilberto Colón-Leon was fatally shot during a robbery attempt while he was off duty June 13.

Three men were arrested early Monday morning in the murder of a Puerto Rico police officer earlier this month. Agent Gilberto Colón-Leon was fatally shot during a robbery attempt around 2 a.m. on June 13 in Coamo while he was off duty, according to El Nuevo Dia.

Benny Aponte Vazquez, Jonathan Maldonado Rivera and Arnaldo Rodriguez were charged in the death of the 51-year-old officer.

http://r1.officer.com/files/base/OFCR/image/2016/06/16x9/640x360/prlodd.57716fc36195a.jpg
Agent Gilberto Colón-Leon

Colón-Leon was driving a friend home when the men approached his vehicle at the intersection of Calle Santiago Iglesias and Calle Ruiz Belvis and attempted to rob them. The officer was shot multiple times as he attempted to draw his weapon.

Colón-Leon served with the department for more than 20 years and was assigned to the Highway Division. He is survived by his wife and two children.

http://www.officer.com/news/12225715/three-arrested-in-murder-of-puerto-rico-police-officer

See also:

Suspect Who Tried to Drown Trooper Killed
June 27, 2016 - A Gainesville driver who didn’t stop at a DUI checkpoint, led police on a chase and allegedly tried to drown a state trooper was shot and killed Saturday.

The violent confrontation in Hall County started about 8:30 p.m., after an SUV driven by 36-year-old Rodrigo Guardiola went through the road-check in Flowery Branch, according to a news release from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

The chase ended on Industrial Boulevard after troopers tried to box the SUV in and a patrol car collided with the SUV. That’s when Guardiola and passenger Epitacio Gudino, 31, ran from authorities, the GBI said. They were caught about a mile away. Guardiola fought with a trooper and tried to drown him in a run-off creek, before two more troopers arrived to help.

One trooper fired a Taser, hitting Guardiola without slowing him down. The trooper then shot and killed Guardiola with his pistol, the GBI said. Gudino was caught about 45 minutes later, according to the GBI.

Though the three officers were taken to a nearby hospital with injuries, they will be OK physically, Georgia State Patrol spokesman Capt. Mark Perry told Channel 2 Action News. Mentally and emotionally, though, the troopers will need some time to heal and sort out the evening’s events, Perry said. “I will say this, the troopers involved, I know them personally,” Perry said. “I know they have a strong faith in God and know that’s what’s going to take to get them through it.” The Georgia Bureau of Investigation will complete its investigation before turning the case over to the District Attorney’s Office.

http://www.officer.com/news/12225339/suspect-who-tried-to-drown-trooper-fatally-shot

waltky
07-11-2016, 09:58 PM
Two deputies, inmate killed in escape attempt...
Michigan courthouse shooting: Two deputies and gunman killed
Tue, 12 Jul 2016 - An inmate being moved from a holding cell kills two law enforcement officers at a courthouse in the US state of Michigan.

The officers, known as bailiffs in the US, provide security for courthouses. The inmate, who was due in court, grabbed an officer's gun during a scuffle and opened fire, Berrien County Sheriff Paul Bailey said. People in the courthouse took shelter before other officers shot and killed the inmate, Mr Bailey said.

http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/320/cpsprodpb/7C1F/production/_90357713_court.jpg
Berrien County Courthouse

A deputy sheriff and another person were also wounded and were taken to hospital, where they are in a stable condition. The inmate was not identified, and Mr Bailey did not say what charges he was facing. The shooting occurred is in the resort town of St Joseph - about 100 miles (160km) northeast of Chicago.

Mr Bailey called the deaths of his colleagues "terrible". "Our hearts are torn apart. ... I have known them for over 30 years. It's a sad day," he said.

Michigan courthouse shooting: Two deputies and gunman killed - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36770136)

See also:

Michigan shooting: Inmate kills 2 bailiffs, sheriff says
Mon July 11, 2016 - Inmate killed after fatally shooting two bailiffs in Michigan courthouse; Incident occurs in Berrien County Courthouse in St. Joseph

Two court bailiffs were killed and a deputy was injured Monday after an inmate grabbed an officer's gun outside a holding cell in a Michigan courthouse, Berrien County Sheriff L. Paul Bailey said. The inmate made it into a public hallway, where he shot a civilian in the arm, Bailey said. Other law enforcement officers opened fire and killed the man, he said. The deputy and civilian suffered non-life threatening injuries and were treated at Lakeland Health in St. Joseph and are in stable condition, Bailey said.

Bailey wouldn't say why the inmate was in custody, which officer had the gun that was taken or whether any protocols were violated. The slain officers worked "a long time" in law enforcement and had served as bailiffs about 10 years each. "Our hearts are torn apart," Bailey said. "They were our friends. They were our colleagues. I've known them over 30 years." The shootings occurred days after the slaying of five police officers in Dallas. Authorities didn't mention any connection to the those killings, but Gov. Rick Snyder said, "This is a particularly tough time for law enforcement so I ask everybody to reach out and be supportive of law enforcement."

We all need to reach out and be supportive of law enforcement in our state and across the country.
— Governor Rick Snyder (@onetoughnerd) July 11, 2016

The shooting happened about 2:30 p.m. on the third floor of the Berrien County Courthouse in St. Joseph, located on the eastern shore of Lake Michigan, as a deputy and a bailiff removed the inmate from a holding cell to take him to a courtroom, Bailey said. "They secured the door and the inmate started fighting with the bailiff and the deputy," he said. The inmate disarmed one of the officers, Bailey said. He killed the two bailiffs and wounded the deputy before running into the public corridor, where other officers shot and killed him.

Bailey said he didn't know whether the inmate was handcuffed. The courthouse will be closed on Tuesday while Michigan State Police investigate. St. Joseph is a town of about 8,300 on the eastern shore of Lake Michigan, about 35 miles north of South Bend, Indiana, and some 100 miles by car from Chicago.

http://us.cnn.com/2016/07/11/us/michigan-courthouse-shooting/index.html

waltky
07-29-2016, 03:56 PM
San Diego officer killed in traffic stop...
Police officer shot dead during traffic stop in San Diego
29/07/2016

A San Diego police officer has been killed and another wounded in a shoot-out following a late-night traffic stop. A suspect was wounded and taken into custody shortly afterwards, and hours later police surrounded a home as they searched for a man described as a possible accomplice. Police Chief Shelley Zimmerman identified the dead officer as Jonathan DeGuzman, a 16-year veteran of the force who was married with two children. He suffered multiple gunshot wounds. Officer Wade Irwin, 32, underwent surgery after being shot and was expected to survive, Ms Zimmerman said. His wife was at the hospital during surgery.

http://cdn-03.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article34922796.ece/8464e/AUTOCROP/w620/San-Diego-shooting.jpg
San Diego police and other law enforcement stage near the scene of a shooting of two San Diego police officers near South 38th Street in San Diego Thursday night, July 28, 2016. The officers were shot in an incident in San Diego

Both officers were wearing bulletproof vests and body cameras, and quickly called for assistance from other officers, Ms Zimmerman said. "It happened extremely quickly, very quickly," she added. "From the information that was put out that a stop was being made to that the officers called for emergency cover to when the other officers arrived on scene, we're talking very, very quickly, Seconds to a minute or so. Very quickly." The male suspect was captured in a nearby ravine and was being treated at a hospital on Friday. Police did not identify him but Ms Zimmerman said he was in a critical condition with a gunshot wound. Residents were ordered to stay in their homes throughout the night as San Diego police and officers from other law enforcement agencies scoured ravines and streets for other possible suspects. A helicopter hovered over the neighbourhood.

Around nine hours after the shoot-out, heavily armed police officers surrounded a house about half a mile away, one of them using a megaphone to urge a man to surrender. Authorities also detonated several devices at the scene that made deafening booms. Ms Zimmerman said a potential second suspect was holed up in the house and that information she did not describe led officers to the home. She told reporters she had worked with Mr DeGuzman before she was promoted to the police chief post in 2014. "I can tell you he is a loving, caring husband, father. Talked about his family all the time," Ms Zimmerman said. "I know him, and this is gut-wrenching. He cared. He came to work every day wanting to just make a positive difference in the lives of our community."

MORE (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/police-officer-shot-dead-during-traffic-stop-in-san-diego-34922529.html)

See also:

Slain San Diego Police Officer Identified
July 29, 2016 - A traffic stop late Thursday night led to a shooting that killed Officer Jonathan DeGuzman and wounded Officer Wade Irwin and a suspect.

The slain officer has been identified as Jonathan DeGuzman, 43, a 16-year-veteran who was married with two children. The wounded officer was DeGuzman's partner, Wade Irwin, 32, who has been on the force for nine years. In a news conference at San Diego police headquarters, Chief Shelley Zimmerman said he is unconcious, but is expected to survive. One suspect in the shooting was shot and seriously wounded. He has not been identified. Meanwhile, San Diego police SWAT officers are storming a house, just half a mile from the shooting, after hours surrounding the house and calling for someone inside named "Marcus" to surrender. A police officer used a bullhorn to urge a man named Marcus to come out of a house on Epsilon Street just west of 41st Street.

http://r2.officer.com/files/base/OFCR/image/2016/07/16x9/320x180/sandiegolodd.579bb80e335d3.jpg

The officer said, "We're not going anywhere. It has been a really long night. I'm worried about you. I haven't heard from you for a while. "I need to hear from you. You need to talk to me. Your sister ... is really scared. What should I tell her? It's not fair to have your sister so worried about you." Officers fired repeated gas bombs into the home, which had an armored SWAT vehicle in the driveway. A prisoner could be seen in the back of a patrol car. Police said a remotely controlled robot searched the house and found no one inside, but could not open a closet. A few moments later, the officer could be heard on the bullhorn saying, "Hey Marcus. We hear you coughing in there. Come on out." The standoff has been continuing for several hours.

Original Story

A traffic stop late Thursday night led to a shooting that killed a San Diego police officer and wounded a second officer and a suspect in Southcrest, where police searched for hours for other possible suspects. The names and service history of the male officers, both part of the department's gang suppression unit, were not released. The slain officer suffered multiple gunshot wounds and died at a hospital despite life-saving efforts, San Diego Police Chief Shelley Zimmerman said early Friday. The wounded officer underwent surgery early Friday and was expected to survive. The male suspect, who had been shot, was being treated at a hospital, Zimmerman said. His name was not released. Police offered few details about how the shooting unfolded. The two officers had pulled over a vehicle about 11 p.m. somewhere in the area of Acacia Grove Way and 38th Street. Immediately after, they called for emergency cover.

Other officers were in the area and arrived swiftly. They found the two officers suffering from gunshot wounds to the upper torso. The critically injured officer was rushed to a hospital in a police vehicle. "Despite heroic efforts by officers on scene and heroic efforts by doctors to save his life, I'm heartbroken to report they were unable to save him, and he is deceased," Zimmerman said outside Scripps Mercy Hospital, where the mood was tense and somber. Outside the main entrance, some officers could be seen hugging one another. Others stood stoically, guarding the hospital doors. Zimmerman escorted several people into the hospital. Zimmerman later said she had gone to the home of the slain officer and notified his wife, two children and extended family members who were at the home. "It is extremely difficult, but something you have to do," Zimmerman said, joined by other department leaders. "There's nothing that prepares you to do that." The wife of the critically injured officer was beside him at UC San Diego Medical Center as he underwent surgery, Zimmerman said.

MORE (http://www.officer.com/news/12237755/slain-san-diego-police-officer-identified)

waltky
07-29-2016, 09:43 PM
Now we know what the dishonorable discharge due to sexual harassment was about...
Army Report Claims Dallas Gunman Stole Female GI's Underwear
Jul 29, 2016 — A newly released military report details how the Army reservist who killed five Dallas police officers stole a female soldier's underwear and tried to hide what he did under investigation.

The Army on Friday released a partially redacted report on Micah Johnson, who was killed July 8 in a standoff after opening fire on officers during a rally protesting police shootings.

http://images.military.com/media/people/micah-xavier-johnson-600x400.jpg
Micah Xavier Johnson

The investigation into the stolen underwear two years earlier led to sexual harassment allegations against Johnson and his removal from the military. The report also details how he lied about how he got the underwear.

The report does not address why Johnson was discharged honorably. The lawyer who represented Johnson has told The Associated Press that he had expected Johnson to be given a "less than honorable" discharge.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/07/29/army-report-claims-dallas-gunman-stole-female-gis-underwear.html

decedent
07-29-2016, 10:41 PM
Since we're honoring people who died while working:

A biostatistician’s death, and the unsung role of statistics in science

July 29, 2016 - Professor dies while giving lecture at University of California

My back pocket is a bit empty today. Last week, Howard Barkan, the biostatistician I kept close, died after suffering a massive heart attack while giving a lecture at the University of California, San Francisco. He was 70.

https://www.statnews.com/2016/07/29/biostatistician-statistics-science/

del
07-29-2016, 10:43 PM
Since we're honoring people who died while working:

A biostatistician’s death, and the unsung role of statistics in science

July 29, 2016 - Professor dies while giving lecture at University of California

what are the odds of that happening?

waltky
12-04-2016, 02:36 PM
Breakdown in communications leads to deaths of 5 officers in Ukraine...
Ukraine: Five police killed in friendly-fire shoot-out
Sun, 04 Dec 2016 - Five police officers are mistakenly killed by their own side in Ukraine, officials say.

Five police officers in Ukraine have been killed by friendly fire during a botched operation to arrest robbers, an interior ministry official has said. The overnight shoot-out between two sets of police began when each side believed the other to be criminals. It happened near Kiev and has been described as a "heartbreaking tragedy".

The gunfight began when a burglar alarm went off by chance in the house next door to one being staked out by two undercover policemen. A separate unit then arrived to investigate the alarm, in the small town of Knyazhychi, and detained the pair, mistaking them for robbers.

http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/320/cpsprodpb/F2D2/production/_92826126_gettyimages-627638376.jpg
Security forces at the scene of the shoot-out in Knyazhychi, 30km east of Kiev

But the back-up unit for the two men apparently feared they had been confronted by the thieves and tried to rescue them. Interior ministry adviser Anton Herashchenko said those suspected of being the real burglars - who were nearby - heard the gun battle and fled in two vehicles.

The three were arrested soon afterwards with firearms in the capital, Kiev, the Kyiv Post reported, and it is expected they will be charged with numerous criminal offences. The former chief of national police Khatia Dekanoidze described the shooting as a "heartbreaking tragedy", the paper reported.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38200089

See also:

North Carolina Officer Hit by 'Friendly Fire'
December 2, 2016 - A police officer who was shot while responding to a break-in call at an apartment Wednesday afternoon was hit by a round fired by another Raleigh police officer.

Police say the suspect in the break-in, Chijioke Kennedy Madueke, was also hit by gunfire and remains hospitalized at WakeMed. Police say Madueke, 28, was armed with a knife during the encounter with police. Madueke's medical condition was unavailable Thursday because he is not listed as a patient at the facility, a hospital spokeswoman said. The officer who was shot, C.N. Chandler, was treated and released from WakeMed, according to the department. He and two other officers -- R.D. VanHouten and T.A. Duford -- have been placed on administrative leave while the shooting is under investigation. It's not clear what role the other officers played in the incident or which one fired the shot that hit Chandler.

The shooting took place about 2:45 p.m. Wednesday at 1230 University Court in the Lake Park Condominiums, off Lake Dam Road south of Avent Ferry Road. An emergency dispatcher told officers that the person who reported the break-in said he had been told that a tenant he had evicted that morning had returned to the apartment and broken in, according to a recording of the police radio traffic released Thursday. Court records indicate that Madueke's landlord, Siddharth K. Patel, had sought to have him evicted from the apartment for not paying October rent of $340 and refusing to leave. In a claim filed in district court on Oct. 21, Patel wrote that Madueke "has locked the room so I am not able to inspect the room/apt. He is also physical (he pushed me with intent to hit) last time I visited the apt."

Patel returned to court Nov. 7, when a small claims judge issued the order that evicted Madueke from the apartment. Madueke was not present during the hearing, court records show. Madueke had signed a rental agreement that began June 9 and was supposed to continue month-to-month after July 31, according to a copy of the agreement filed with the court. Patel told the court that he notified Madueke in writing on Sept. 15 that he needed to "vacate my unit" by Oct. 8. Another document indicated that Madueke rented a room within the apartment. Patel could not be reached for comment Thursday.

Patel described Madueke as "a student at a university," in a court affidavit. Michelle Fauver, a spokeswoman at Wake Technical Community College, said Thursday that Madueke first enrolled at the school in the spring of 2009 and was last enrolled in the spring of 2012. "He did not receive a degree," Fauver said. An N.C. State University spokesman said Madueke is not enrolled there. Madueke, whose last name is also listed as "Madweke" on court records, was charged by Cary police on Aug. 30 last year with one count of felony assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, according to records at the Wake County Clerk of Courts Office.

MORE (http://www.officer.com/news/12284084/north-carolina-officer-was-hit-by-friendly-fire)

patrickt
12-04-2016, 05:00 PM
She looks like a not very bright 12-year old.

Captain Obvious
12-04-2016, 05:04 PM

Because she's black?

Thanks for the veiled racism.

I would never have pegged the person in this photo to be guilty of murder.

waltky
12-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Officer killed in Georgia...
Names of officers shot in Georgia released
December 7,`16. — The Latest on the shooting of two police officers in south Georgia (all times local):

4:30 p.m.

Authorities have identified an officer who was shot and killed in south Georgia and another who was critically injured while responding to a domestic violence call. Americus Police Chief Mark Scott said Americus police Officer Nicholas Smarr died and Georgia Southwestern State University Officer Jodi Smith was airlifted to a hospital in critical condition. Both had been officers since 2012. Authorities said the officers were shot while responding to a report of a domestic dispute at an apartment complex near the campus about 9:40 a.m. Wednesday. Scott said the suspect, 32-year-old Minguell Kennedy Lembrick, was still at large and local, state and federal law enforcement officers were searching for him. Georgia Bureau of Investigation Director Vernon Keenan said his agency and the FBI are offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to Lembrick’s arrest.

3:30 p.m.

Messages including “not going to jail” have been posted on the Facebook page of a man wanted in the shootings of two Georgia police officers. Shortly after the shootings Wednesday, a message posted on the page of Minguell Kennedy Lembrick read: “other life gone not going to jail.” One officer died Wednesday and another was critically injured after being shot at an apartment complex in Americus, about 130 miles south of Atlanta. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation identified Lembrick as the suspect. Also posted to Lembrick’s account was a brief Facebook Live video showing a young man partly concealed by shadows saying, “I’m gonna miss y’all folk, man.” The final message on Lembrick’s page read: “Love yall.” GBI spokeswoman Nelly Miles confirmed to The Associated Press that the Facebook page belongs to Lembrick.
3 p.m.

Georgia authorities say they are looking for a 32-year-old man who they believe is armed and dangerous in connection with the fatal shooting of one police officer and the wounding of another. Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Nelly Miles has identified the suspect as Minguell Kennedy Lembrick. Miles said an Americus officer and a Georgia Southwestern State University officer were shot while responding to a report of a domestic dispute at an apartment complex near the campus about 9:40 a.m. Wednesday. Miles says Lembrick is still at large. Miles said the Americus police officer died and the university officer was airlifted to a hospital in critical condition. Americus is about 130 miles south of Atlanta. The university issued an alert on its website saying the shooting occurred off campus but that the campus was on lockdown.

2:15 p.m.

Authorities say one of the police officers shot in Georgia while responding to a domestic dispute has died and another is in critical condition. Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Nelly Miles says the Americus officer and a Georgia Southwestern State University officer were shot while responding to a report of a domestic dispute at an apartment complex near the campus about 9:40 a.m. Wednesday. Miles says the shooter is still at large. Miles said the Americus police officer died and the university officer was airlifted to a hospital in critical condition. Americus is about 130 miles south of Atlanta. The university issued an alert on its website saying the shooting occurred off campus but that the campus was on lockdown.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/the-latest-authorities-name-suspect-in-shooting-of-officers/2016/12/07/e7ab1888-bcb8-11e6-ae79-bec72d34f8c9_story.html

Related:

Georgia Officer Fatally Shot, Another Wounded
December 7, 2016 - Americus Police Officer Nicholas Ryan Smarr died after he and another officer were shot Wednesday morning while responding to a domestic dispute.

Americus police officer Nicholas Ryan Smarr died after he and another officer were shot Wednesday morning while answering a 911 call about a domestic dispute. Smarr, 25, and Jody Smith, a campus police officer for Georgia Southwestern State University, both responded to the call, which came about 9:40 a.m. from an apartment complex on South Lee Street. There, the lawmen encountered 32-year-old Minguell Lembrick, and shots were fired, according to a news release from the GBI. Both lawmen were wounded.

http://r1.officer.com/files/base/OFCR/image/2016/12/16x9/640x360/galodd.5848a2066112e.jpg
Officer Nicholas Ryan Smarr

Smarr, who'd joined the department in 2012, died later that morning. Smith was life-flighted to the Medical Center, Navicent Health, where he remains in critical condition, officials said. Smarr's body is set for an autopsy on Thursday at the GBI crime lab in Macon. "He will be escorted by the Georgia State Patrol and other law enforcement officers as an honor guard," GBI director Vernon Keenan said.

Lembrick, also known as Minquell Kenney Lembrick, remained at large late afternoon Wednesday. A $20,000 reward is being offered by the FBI and GBI for information leading to Lembrick's arrest. "This is a very dangerous individual," Keenan said. "We need to have him off the streets. We want him arrested so that he can face the courts."

http://www.officer.com/news/12285702/georgia-police-officer-fatally-shot-another-wounded

See also:

Charges dropped against man in Wayne State University officer's shooting death
December 7, 2016 -- Murder charges have been dropped against a man in the killing of a Detroit college police officer who was shot in the head last month.

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy said Wednesday that charges have been dropped. The 31-year-old Detroit man was accused of shooting Wayne State University Officer Collin Rose on Nov. 22. The man had been jailed without bond since his arrest that night. He faced charges of first-degree murder and murder of a police officer.

Worthy said during a brief conference Wednesday he’s no longer a suspect.

Wayne State employs about 65 officers. The 29-year-old Rose died a day after the shooting and was posthumously promoted to sergeant. He is the only Wayne State officer to have been killed in the line of duty.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/wayne-state-university-officer-collin-rose-shooting-death-charges-dropped/

waltky
12-10-2016, 05:48 AM
Gunman committed suicide...
Second Wounded Ga. Police Officer Dies
December 9, 2016 - Georgia Southwestern State University Police Officer Jody Smith died Thursday, hours after the gunman who killed him and Americus Police Officer Nicholas Ryan Smarr committed suicide.

Jody Smith, the Georgia Southwestern State University police officer wounded in Wednesday morning's shooting, died Thursday afternoon, hours after the gunman who fatally wounded him and Americus policeman Nicholas Ryan Smarr committed suicide. "We have just received word that GSW Public Safety Officer Jody Smith has succumbed to his injuries and has passed away," GSW Interim President Charles Patterson said in a statement released about 5:35 p.m. Thursday. "We offer our deepest condolences to his family during this very difficult time. "Officer Smith was a bright, young and energetic officer, and he will be sorely missed."

The officer's death came hours after a 27-hour manhunt for their killer, Minquell Kennedy Lembrick, 32, ended with Lembrick fatally shooting himself. His body was found early Thursday afternoon after local, state and federal law enforcement officers surrounded the Allen Street home in Americus that he was hiding in. Authorities heard a single gunshot and rushed into the building. The manhunt started Wednesday morning after Smarr responded to a 9:40 a.m. domestic dispute call at Country Club Estates apartments on South Lee Street. Smith, close by at GSW University, heard the call and also responded to provide backup. According to officials, Smarr and Smith were good friends since high school and had attended the police academy together.

http://r3.officer.com/files/base/OFCR/image/2016/12/16x9/640x360/galodd.584a99febed83.jpg
Georgia Southwestern State University Police Officer Jody Smith

When they arrived, the two officers encountered Lembrick, officials said. According to reports, Lembrick fired on the officers and, although the officers returned fire, both were wounded before Lembrick fled. Smarr died from his wounds Wednesday and Smith, who was airlifted to a Macon trauma center, had been listed in critical condition before he succumbed to his injuries. A massive manhunt mobilizing local, state and federal law enforcement agencies got under way after the shootings. A reward, put together by those agencies and the community, began circulating on social media and through news agencies Wednesday evening. By Thursday, the reward for information leading to Lembrick's arrest was at $70,000.

Authorities said a tip led them to the house at 320 Allen St. in Americus, where Lembrick was holed up. "At approximately 10:02 this morning ,we received information from a citizen that Mr. Minquell Lembrick was located in a residence in the 300 block of Allen Street," Americus Police Chief Mark Scott said at a 1 p.m. news conference Thursday. "Officers responded to the area and began to set up a perimeter around the house and, as the first responding officers were getting there, they heard what sounded like a gunshot inside the residence."

MORE (http://www.officer.com/news/12286187/second-wounded-georgia-police-officer-dies)

waltky
12-31-2016, 07:30 PM
Newlywed Rookie Pennsylvania State Trooper Fatally Shot...
Pennsylvania State Trooper Fatally Shot
December 31, 2016 - Trooper Landon Weaver was shot and killed by a suspect Friday night while investigating a "domestic-related incident" in Juniata Township.

Suspected cop killer Jason Robison is still at large and considered dangerous, according to police. Authorities said Trooper Landon Weaver was shot and killed by Robison at about 6:30 p.m. Friday when the officer investigated a "domestic-related incident" at a home on Bakers Hollow Road in Juniata Township in Huntingdon County. The area where the shooting occurred has been closed off while police officers search for Robison.

http://r1.officer.com/files/base/OFCR/image/2016/12/16x9/640x360/palodd.5867c11d6415c.jpg
Trooper Landon Weaver

Robison made his feelings toward law enforcement known on his Facebook page less than two weeks before the killing. "The only good cop is a dead cop," he said in a Dec. 17 post, which was on Facebook until about 1 a.m. Saturday when it was deleted. The status included two images -- one of a police cruiser that had crashed and another of an injured police officer.

Robison, according to court documents, has previously been arrested about a dozen times with charges ranging from simple assault to arson. Weaver enlisted with state police in December 2015 and was assigned to Troop G, Huntingdon. He is the 97th member of the Pennsylvania State Police to be killed in the line of duty, according to authorities.

http://www.officer.com/news/12290795/pennsylvania-state-trooper-fatally-shot

See also:

Law Enforcement Fatalities Hit Highest Level in Five Years
December 30, 2016 - The 135 officer fatalities in 2016 are a 10 percent increase over the 123 who died in the line of duty last year and is the highest total since 2011.

Law enforcement fatalities nationwide rose to their highest level in five years in 2016, with 135 officers killed in the line of duty, according to preliminary data compiled and released Thursday by the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (NLEOMF) in their 2016 Law Enforcement Fatalities Report. The 135 officer fatalities in 2016 are a 10 percent increase over the 123 who died in the line of duty last year and is the highest total since 2011 when 177 officers made the ultimate sacrifice. Firearms-related incidents were the number one cause of death in 2016, with 64 officers shot and killed across the country. This represents a significant spike—56 percent—over the 41 officers killed by gunfire in 2015. Of the 64 shooting deaths of officers this year, 21 were the result of ambush-style attacks—the highest total in more than two decades. Eight multiple-shooting death incidents claimed the lives of 20 officers in 2016, tied with 1971 for the highest total of any year since 1932. Those incidents included five officers killed in ambush attacks in Dallas (TX) and three in Baton Rouge (LA) spanning 10 days in July.

Fifty-three officers were killed in traffic-related incidents in 2016, which was 10 percent more than the 48 killed on roadways in 2015. Of the 53 traffic-related deaths, 28 died in automobile crashes, 15 were struck and killed while outside of their vehicle and 10 were killed in motorcycle crashes. Prior to 2016, traffic-related incidents have been the number one cause of officer fatalities in 15 of the last 20 years. Eighteen officers died from other causes in 2016, including 11 who died from job-related illnesses—mostly heart attacks—while performing their duties. Other causes included beatings (3), a drowning, a fall, an aircraft crash and a stabbing. Among the states, Texas had the highest number of officer fatalities, with 17, followed by California with 10, Louisiana with nine, Georgia with eight, and Michigan with six. Six Federal law enforcement officers died in the line of duty in 2016, along with four from the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico and one tribal officer.

http://r1.officer.com/files/base/OFCR/image/2016/12/16x9/640x360/lodds.58667dfff202d.jpg
The 135 officer fatalities in 2016 are a 10 percent increase over the 123 who died in the line of duty last year and is the highest total since 2011 when 177 officers made the ultimate sacrifice.

Six of the fallen officers in 2016 were female. Among the officers who died this year, the average age was 40, and the average length of service was 13 years. "Public safety is a partnership and, too often, the service and sacrifice of our law enforcement professionals is taken for granted," observed NLEOMF President and CEO Craig W. Floyd. "We must never forget that 900,000 law enforcement officers nationwide risk their lives every day for our safety and protection. And, this year, 135 of those men and women did not make it home to their families at the end of their shift. As we begin the new year, let us all resolve to respect, honor, and remember those who have served us so well and sacrificed so much in the name of public safety."

There are currently 20,789 names of officers killed in the line of duty inscribed on the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial in Washington, DC, dating back to the first known death in 1791. Over the past decade (2006-2015) the average annual number of officer fatalities has been 151. The deadliest year on record for law enforcement was 1930 when 307 law enforcement officers were killed in the line of duty. The last time officer fatalities dipped below 100 for a single year was 1944. The statistics released are based on preliminary data compiled by the NLEOMF and do not represent a final or complete list of individual officers who will be added to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial in 2016. For a complete copy of the preliminary 2016 Law Enforcement Fatalities Report, go to: www.LawMemorial.org/FatalitiesReport (http://www.LawMemorial.org/FatalitiesReport).

http://www.officer.com/news/12290759/law-enforcement-fatalities-hit-highest-level-in-five-years

Related:

Suspect in fatal shooting of Pennsylvania trooper killed by police
Sat Dec 31, 2016 | Pennsylvania police on Saturday morning shot to death a suspect wanted for the murder of a rookie trooper who was serving him a protection order, law enforcement authorities said.

Jason Robison, 32, was cornered at around 10 a.m. in an unoccupied house trailer close to his residence in Hesston, which is about 100 miles west of Harrisburg, the state capital, according to state police. He had gone into hiding since the fatal shooting of Trooper Landon Weaver, 23, of East Freedom, at 6:30 p.m. on Friday. When surrounded on Saturday, Robison refused commands to surrender and vowed to shoot more troopers, a state police news release said. He was shot and killed in the ensuing confrontation. Further details were not available. Weaver was killed when he went to serve a protection-from-abuse order on Robison, who was already facing criminal assault charges, police said.

http://s2.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20161231&t=2&i=1167235376&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=780&pl=468&sq=&r=LYNXMPECBU0AE
Jason Robison is pictured in this undated handout photo obtained by Reuters December 31, 2016.

According to the state judicial database, the suspect had a criminal record dating back at least 10 years. Weaver graduated from the State Police Academy in Hershey in June. He was the 97th state trooper to die in the line of duty since the department was organized in 1905. The last was in late 2014. Law enforcement fatalities hit a five-year high in 2016 with 135 officers killed in the line of duty, including eight killed in ambush attacks in Dallas and Louisiana in July that raised nationwide concerns, a study released on Thursday said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-pennsylvania-shooting-idUSKBN14K0MH

waltky
03-22-2017, 11:28 PM
UK police officer killed in terrorist attack...
http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/images/smilies/eek.gif
UK Police Officer Dead After Terror Attack
March 22, 2017 - At least four people are dead, including a police officer and an assailant, after an attack outside Britain's Parliament in London on Wednesday.

At least four people are dead, including a police officer and an assailant, after an attack outside Britain’s Parliament that London’s Metropolitan Police are treating as a "terrorist incident." Early reports were confusing, but witnesses reported hearing a commotion, shouting and the sound of gunfire. The assailant appears to have plowed a car into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge as he drove up to the Houses of Parliament and crashed into security railings, witnesses said. The suspect was reportedly clad in black and seen wielding an object in his hand when he attacked at least one police officer in an area where members of the public are not allowed.

Tobias Ellwood, the foreign office minister, tried to help save the injured officer by administering CPR and applying pressure to his wounds, according to images shared widely on social media. Ellwood lost his brother, Jon, in a 2002 bombing attack that killed more than 200 people in Bali. Commander B.J. Harrington of the London Metropolitan Police told reporters that officers had responded to a number of reports, including of a person in the River Thames, a car in a collision with pedestrians and a man armed with a knife. He confirmed there were a number of casualties, including police officers, but could not provide details. “Although we remain open-minded to the motive, a full counterterrorism investigation is already underway,” he said.

http://r1.officer.com/files/base/OFCR/image/2017/03/16x9/640x360/WORLD_NEWS_PARLIAMENT_ATTACK_3_ZUM.58d2cd812dc28.j pg
Emergency services on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at the scene outside the Palace of Westminster, London, after a policeman was reportedly stabbed and his apparent attacker shot by officers in a major security incident at the Houses of Parliament.

A doctor at nearby St Thomas’ Hospital told Britain’s Press Association that one woman died and a number of other people were hurt, some with “catastrophic injuries.” Ambulance personnel treated at least 10 patients on the bridge and put a number of hospitals on alert, said Pauline Cranmer, deputy director of the London Ambulance Service. It was not immediately clear whether they included the woman who died. A woman was pulled out of the river alive but injured, said Martin Garside, a spokesman for the Port of London Authority.

House of Commons Leader David Lidington described the situation to members of Parliament. “There has been a serious incident within the estate,” the conservative politician said. “It seems that a police officer has been stabbed, that the alleged assailant has been shot by police. There are also reports of further violent incidents within the vicinity of the palace of Westminster.” Staff and lawmakers in the area were told to stay inside their offices and a session of the House of Commons was suspended. “I am locked in my office with other MPs and frightened young researchers,” Michael Fabricant, a Conservative Party lawmaker, said on Twitter. “We have broken open a bottle of whiskey.”

MORE (http://www.officer.com/news/12318270/uk-police-officer-dead-after-terror-attack-outside-parliament)

See also:

Police officer, three others killed in Wisconsin shooting: reports
Mar 22 2017 - A police officer and three other people were killed in a string of shootings that unfolded in three small communities in central Wisconsin, local media reported on Wednesday.

A suspect was taken into custody by police at an apartment complex in Weston, Wisconsin, following the incident, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel newspaper reported. Weston is about 90 miles west of Green Bay.

Todd Baeten, police captain for Wausau, Wisconsin, told an afternoon press conference that the incident began shortly before 1 p.m. central time when shots were reported fired at the Marathon Savings Bank in the nearby town of Rothschild.

Baeten told the news conference that several minutes later a similar report was received from a law firm in Wausau before officers converged on the apartment complex. Wausau police and the Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigations declined to confirm the casualties to Reuters.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-wisconsin-shooting-idUSKBN16U076

Cannons Front
03-23-2017, 07:55 AM

I know that it is impossible to get a simple straight answer but. Why do you think the 2nd Amendment has anything to do with this?

Cannons Front
03-23-2017, 08:04 AM

As usual they press seems to have released an old picture, try this one

Cannons Front
03-23-2017, 08:10 AM
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

I do not see a connection to what he posted and the 19th Amendment. Now we all know that women have rights and can be in the militia, but the 19th just said they can vote.

Cannons Front
03-23-2017, 08:19 AM

No one is trying to figure out why it happens, we know why. Bad people have no respect for others and are willing to use violence..... Some people try to blame the gun. Maybe it is the guns fault, after all I have several guns, they have never shot anyone, maybe there are just some bad guns out there that are causing all of these issues and giving the good guns a bad name. That has to be it, I think today I am going to start a political movement to protect the rights of the good guns, it is unfair to treat the good guns badly just because of a few radical bad guns. Good guns are peaceful, they are only used for good, to provide food, to protect the innocent, to provide entertainment and enjoyment. It is horrible that these innocent good guns keep getting blamed for the relatively few radical bad guns actions out there that are causing all the issues.
"GGM' GOOD GUNS MATTER

waltky
03-27-2017, 03:03 PM
Okla. police officer dies from shootout with suspect...
Oklahoma Police Officer Killed by Suspect Who Fled From Traffic Stop
March 27, 2017 - Tecumseh Police Officer Justin Terney died after being shot by a suspect who fled a traffic stop.

A police officer who was shot by a man who fled a traffic stop late Sunday has died, police said Monday. Officer Justin Terney, 22, died Monday morning. Terney was shot by a man who was then shot by Terney in an exchange of gunfire, Tecumseh Police Assistant Chief J.R. Kidney said.

Terney stopped a vehicle with a woman driving it about 11:30 p.m. Sunday at Benson Park and Gordon Cooper, Kidney said. The male passenger fled, and Terney chased him. He used a Taser on the man with no effect. The woman was taken into custody, Kidney said. The man, who has not been positively identified, shot Terney and Terney returned fire, Kidney told reporters outside OU Medical Center on Monday morning.

http://r1.officer.com/files/base/OFCR/image/2017/03/16x9/640x360/oklodd.58d94389545ec.jpg
Tecumseh Police Officer Justin Terney

Terney underwent surgery for three gunshot wounds. The man who shot him suffered four gunshot wounds, Kidney said. Kidney said Terney was from Canadian and was also a volunteer firefighter. Terney had a new puppy and he dreamed of being a canine officer and was "gung'-ho" about police work, Kidney said. "He (Terney) was a very young officer who was just getting started in his career," Kidney said.

In a news conference Monday morning, Kidney said Terney had radioed a dispatcher after stopping the vehicle late Monday. The dispatcher located an outstanding warrant and told Terney about it. Once the man learned he was wanted he ran into a wooded area. Kidney said a Taser did not have any effect on the man and the man continued to run before gunfire was exchanged.

http://www.officer.com/news/12319698/oklahoma-police-officer-killed-by-suspect-who-fled-from-traffic-stop

waltky
05-18-2017, 09:59 AM
Ohio Police Chief was ambushed...
Details Released in Slaying of Ohio Police Chief
May 17, 2017 - When Kirkersville Police Chief Steven Eric DiSario pulled into an alley behind the Pine Kirk Care Center on Friday morning, he was killed by a shotgun blast immediately after exiting his cruiser.

The Licking County coroner's office released its initial findings Monday in the deaths of DiSario, two female employees and the gunman which occurred at the Kirkersville nursing home. Toxicology results will come back in 8 to 10 weeks. Thomas Hartless, 43, of Utica, identified as the gunman, used the shotgun and a handgun to kill his girlfriend, Marlina Medrano, 46, a nurse who was in the nursing office at Pine Kirk Care Center. Medrano died from multiple gunshot wounds, the coroner's office said. The third victim, Cindy Jean Krantz, 48, a nurse aide, died from a close range shotgun wound in a nursing home hallway.

The gunman, Hartless, was found dead in the nursing office from a self-inflicted shotgun wound to the head, the coroner's office said. The incident started at 7:50 a.m. Friday with a 911 call about an armed man, later identified as Hartless, holding two passersby as hostages behind the Kirkersville nursing home. DiSario was the first law enforcement officer to respond, and in his last radio transmission he said he had the suspect in sight. The village's part-time police chief had only been working for the department for a month and had only been chief for three weeks.

http://r2.officer.com/files/base/OFCR/image/2017/05/16x9/640x360/ohiochief.591ca34b05bda.jpg
Police Chief Steven Eric DiSario

The hostages escaped unharmed after Hartless shot DiSario, authorities said. Hartless then went into the nursing home and shot Krantz and Medrano before killing himself. Hartless' car was later found at the Flying J off I-70 and Route 158 just over a mile from the nursing home. Hartless had a history of violence against Medrano, who had obtained three prior court protection orders against him this year. Funeral arrangements for DiSario have been set for 10 a.m. Saturday at the Grove City Church of the Nazarene, 4770 Hoover Road. Calling hours are set for 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at the church. Schoedinger Funeral Home is handling arrangements.

Krantz's funeral will be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Vineyard Christian Church of Pataskala at 9286 York Road. The Hoskinson Funeral and Cremation Service in Kirkersville is in charge of funeral arrangements. Calling hours for Medrano will be 3 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the Reed-Egan Funeral Home, 141 Green Wave Dr., Newark, Ohio. Medrano's funeral service will be private.

http://www.officer.com/news/12335655/details-released-in-slaying-of-ohio-police-chief