PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Waterloo ... Mitt's Taxes will become Public sooner or later

Cigar
07-13-2012, 11:32 AM
The demand is growing for Mitt Romney to disclose the 23 still-secret tax returns he turned over to the McCain campaign in 2008. Don’t worry. If the unpleasant details aren’t released by Romney soon, they will almost certainly be bannered as “breaking news” by a leading newspaper or television network, sourced from “well-placed Republicans” who supported McCain in 2008.

The Romney campaign raises profound questions for voters and the media. Voters do not like or trust Mitt Romney. Political commentators should thoughtfully consider why. The presidency is the most important job in the world. Commentators should question whether Romney’s career suggests that he possesses the qualifications of political integrity, compassion for all Americans, and decisiveness of command to be president and commander in chief.

Jon Huntsman called him the well-lubricated weathervane. Rick Perry, among others, has called him a vulture. More than one senior figure in his party has accused him of lying. Several GOP primary opponents said he cheated in dirty campaign ads. A growing list of Republicans have called on him to disclose his tax returns. Primary opponents warned he could be hiding harmful truths therein. His own staff called him the Etch A Sketch candidate. These are serious charges. They come from Republicans.

http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/brent-budowsky/237407-why-romney-isnt-trusted

waltky
10-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Blue states have higher state & local tax burdens...
:embarrassed:
State-Local Tax Burdens Higher on Individuals Living in Blue States
October 23, 2012 – Workers in New York pay the highest in local and state taxes, while workers in Alaska pay the least, according to data released by the Tax Foundation today. According to Gallup, New York is among the top 10 Democratic states, and Alaska leans Republican although it is not in the top 10 Republican states.

In its report on “State and Local Tax Burdens as a Percentage of State Income” for fiscal year 2010, the Tax Foundation estimated “the combined state and local tax burden shouldered by the residents of each of the fifty states” and ranked them.

The top 10 states with the highest tax burdens as a percentage of state income are as follows:

New York, 12.8 percent
New Jersey, 12.4 percent
Connecticut, 12.3 percent
California, 11.2 percent
Wisconsin, 11.1 percent
Rhode Island, 10.9 percent
Minnesota, 10.8 percent
Massachusetts, 10.4 percent
Maine, 10.3 percent
Pennsylvania, 10.2 percent

The top 10 states with the lowest tax burdens as a percentage of state income are as follows: (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/state-local-tax-burdens-higher-individuals-living-blue-states)

See also:

Gov to California: Pay more taxes, or get less school
October 22, 2012 - With schools as rallying cry, Gov. Brown wants high-taxed Californians to pay more

Already among the most taxed in the nation, Californians will have to pay even more if Gov. Jerry Brown gets his way. Faced with a $16 billion deficit, Brown is pushing a ballot measure next month known as Prop 30 that would increase taxes by up to 30 percent on those earning more than $300,000. Brown claims that unless voters pass the measure, dubbed the "millionaires tax," he'll cut the school year by three weeks to save money. "It's either massive cuts to the schools and colleges or the most blessed, the most well-off paying 1 or 2 or 3 percent more," Brown told a group of supporters in Oakland.

With his proposal, Brown is taking a page from President Obama's playbook, appealing to middle- and lower-income voters to tax higher-earning residents. But public policy expert Dan Schnur is not convinced it will work. "It's been almost 20 years since Californians went to the ballot and voted to increase their own taxes," said Schnur, director of the Jesse M. Unruh Institute of Politics at the University of Southern California. "The decision for California voters is deciding, do we care enough about these services to pay more money for them? And before they can come to that point, they have to decide, even if we are willing to pay more money, do we trust the state government to spend it effectively?"

Brown said that if Prop 30 is voted down, "I'll manage the best I can." But he's casting it as a simple choice between closing schools and asking the well-off to pay more. "I will tell you and I'm telling you the truth. Everything I've seen in my lifetime tells me that the schools need more money and that the people who we're asking to pay can afford it," he said. Brown's supporters, led by California teacher unions, have spent more than $40 million in advertising for Prop 30. Ads say "the plan asks the wealthiest to pay their fair share."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/22/with-schools-as-rallying-cry-gov-brown-wants-high-taxed-californians-to-pay/?test=latestnews#ixzz2A9ytyFOn

Peter1469
10-23-2012, 05:09 PM
No need for Mitt to release his taxes. The MSM are just desperate for something to talk about other than the economy and Obama getting his ambassador ass-raped and murdered.

patrickt
10-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Am I missing something or did someone miss Cigar so much they resurrected a thread from July?

Peter1469
10-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Soros talking points.