PDA

View Full Version : The killing of Osama Bin Laden

Don
05-11-2015, 12:39 PM
Remember when they made movies and showed a disclaimer that the movie was based on a true story? Some time ago that was usually true. The movie was pretty much true with some changes that might be called "literary or artistic license." Sometimes all that meant was that the characters in real life were butt ugly and the stars portraying them were not. Movies today are different. Sometimes "based on the truth" means only that there was a guy named Joe blow and he did do something. Like the movie Blow. The events in the movie were a complete distortion of what really happened.

The killing of Osama Bin Laden could be one of those movies. I'm talking about the Obama administration account of what happened leading up to and ending with the killing. The CIA involvement "uncovering" the facts and the subsequent raid on the compound by Navy SEALs and intel people and the firefight that ended with Osamas death.

The whole thing was pretty much a fabrication. If the movie were based on the truth it was true in the sense that there was a guy named Osama Bin Laden and he was at the compound. The rest of the story is just a concoction of lies leading up to the event, during the event and after the event.

Read all about it here (http://www.lrb.co.uk/v37/n10/seymour-m-hersh/the-killing-of-osama-bin-laden) and prepare to be angered and disgusted. Afraid too. Afraid of people who can put together such propaganda and people who help them do it.

nic34
05-11-2015, 12:56 PM
The many problems with Seymour Hersh's Osama bin Laden conspiracy theory

http://www.vox.com/2015/5/11/8584473/seymour-hersh-osama-bin-laden

texan
05-11-2015, 12:58 PM
Huh??????

You also believe that the feds are fake practicing and are gonna take over Texas and institute martial law soon?

Okay, I will keep this simple. You are trying to dance around nicely instead of just coming out and saying you are a complete conspiracy nut. But thats ok I will do it for you.

That said,

1st paragraph is total BS! It has been the same since day one. They didn't just become misleading or theatrical last week.

The killing of Osama Bin Laden could be one of those movies. Emphasis on "could," anything could be anything. It also could be legit. You went from could to it was a TOTAL fabrication. Jesus! Stop trying to sound like you are some kind of thinker when you are just plain nutty.

Cigar
05-11-2015, 02:24 PM
He's Gone, Get Over it. :laugh:

The Xl
05-11-2015, 02:25 PM
They couldn't even produce his dead body. Shit is a joke

Cigar
05-11-2015, 02:27 PM
They couldn't even produce his dead body. $#@! is a joke

So The Navy Seals are Liars :huh:

CreepyOldDude
05-11-2015, 03:13 PM
The many problems with Seymour Hersh's Osama bin Laden conspiracy theory

http://www.vox.com/2015/5/11/8584473/seymour-hersh-osama-bin-laden

It's a damned shame, the way Hersh has been sliding into insanity.

The Xl
05-11-2015, 03:59 PM
So The Navy Seals are Liars :huh:

They should have provided evidence, not doing so was a joke. The stated reason was also a joke. They could have capped any random dude for all we know, and the Seals in question wouldn't have known any better.

Common Sense
05-11-2015, 04:04 PM
They should have provided evidence, not doing so was a joke. The stated reason was also a joke. They could have capped any random dude for all we know, and the Seals in question wouldn't have known any better.

I think the Seals were pretty aware of who they killed.

PattyHill
05-11-2015, 04:05 PM

They should also know whether a) they shot the body into little pieces and dropped the pieces over the mountains (according to Hersh) or if b) the body went to someone to dump in the ocean. I don't know if the Seals were onboard the ship, but they would have known if the body was mostly intact or not.

It does seem as though Hersh has been going downhill lately. Poor guy. But he did great work; I honor the man he used to be.

The Xl
05-11-2015, 04:07 PM

I'm sure that they are confident that they got him. That doesn't mean anything, though. Osama was in failing health and thought to have died many years before. http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/11/opinion/the-death-of-bin-ladenism.html

About a decade before a failing President with low approval numbers asserted that they got him with no evidence to substantiate such claims.

CreepyOldDude
05-11-2015, 04:48 PM
They should also know whether a) they shot the body into little pieces and dropped the pieces over the mountains (according to Hersh) or if b) the body went to someone to dump in the ocean. I don't know if the Seals were onboard the ship, but they would have known if the body was mostly intact or not.

It does seem as though Hersh has been going downhill lately. Poor guy. But he did great work; I honor the man he used to be.

The whole idea of shooting a fair sized human being into little pieces with small arms is beyond stupid. Firstly, why would they do it? Secondly, it would take hours to do, and take more ammo than they carry with them.

Just to get some idea of how hard it would be to do, get a two pound steak, and an icepick. Now, stab the meat into little pieces. Odds are, you're not going to be able to move your arm, before you manage it. Bullets aren't knives, they don't cut things. They make holes in things.

Oh, if you used a heavy machine gun, like the M2, you could maybe do it relatively quickly. But the M2 is a mounted weapon. You could have it on a tripod, but you have to have sandbags on the feet of the tripod, to keep it from bouncing around. Of course, those rounds are going through the body, the wall, possibly other walls. And there's going to be blood and bits literally splashed over the walls and floor. And people are going to know one if being fired nearby.

Peter1469
05-11-2015, 04:56 PM
Why waste time shooting a body "into little pieces." They have thermite grenades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiRJj2oRWnM

donttread
05-11-2015, 05:54 PM
I'm sure that they are confident that they got him. That doesn't mean anything, though. Osama was in failing health and thought to have died many years before. http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/11/opinion/the-death-of-bin-ladenism.html

About a decade before a failing President with low approval numbers asserted that they got him with no evidence to substantiate such claims.

Finally someone else who sees through the dog and pony show

Peter1469
05-11-2015, 05:55 PM
lol

Green Arrow
05-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Osama bin Laden is dead. Who gives a fuck how it happened?

The Xl
05-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Finally someone else who sees through the dog and pony show
It really doesn't take a rocket scientist, he was declared dead 10 years ago without much coverage, it was a small newsbite. Still was reported by multiple news outlets.

And before anyone says that declaration was without proof, guess what? No proof was provided in 2011, so there is that

Blackrook
05-11-2015, 09:01 PM
I will believe that Osama bin Laden is dead when they provide proof that he is dead. So far, I haven't seen it. Since the Obama administration is run by a liar they have no credibility.

Captain Obvious
05-11-2015, 09:02 PM
:biglaugh:

Peter1469
05-11-2015, 09:09 PM
I will believe that Osama bin Laden is dead when they provide proof that he is dead. So far, I haven't seen it. Since the Obama administration is run by a liar they have no credibility.

lol

Blackrook
05-11-2015, 09:14 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/osama-bin-laden-killed-pakistanis-report-article-1.2217293

Now it turns out that Pakistan already has Osama bin Laden imprisoned in his compound, and cooperated with the raid.

So basically, this is like the Navy Seals walking into a prison and shooting all the prisoners.

They could easily have taken him alive, but killed him anyway.

I am not surprised by this turn of events, I knew Obama was lying.

The funny thing is that so many people believed his lies.

Green Arrow
05-11-2015, 10:22 PM
Again: Osama bin Laden is dead. Who gives a fuck how or when it happened?

Captain Obvious
05-11-2015, 10:23 PM
Again: Osama bin Laden is dead. Who gives a fuck how or when it happened?

Actually he's driving a cab on Manhattan's lower east side.

sachem
05-11-2015, 11:34 PM
He's still dead, isn't he?

Professor Peabody
05-12-2015, 02:17 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/osama-bin-laden-killed-pakistanis-report-article-1.2217293 Now it turns out that Pakistan already has Osama bin Laden imprisoned in his compound, and cooperated with the raid. So basically, this is like the Navy Seals walking into a prison and shooting all the prisoners. They could easily have taken him alive, but killed him anyway. I am not surprised by this turn of events, I knew Obama was lying. The funny thing is that so many people believed his lies. Uncle Bin knew too much about the Clinton's and Kosovo.

donttread
05-12-2015, 07:02 AM
Osama bin Laden is dead. Who gives a fuck how it happened?

Just those of us who would someday like to hold government accountable for little things like the truth and their actions

Captain Obvious
05-12-2015, 07:03 AM
Just those of us who would someday like to hold government accountable for little things like the truth and their actions

You people can't even vote anything other than a total establishment candidate into office, who the fuck are you holding responsible?

Yeah, sure...

Ransom
05-12-2015, 08:38 AM
Again: Osama bin Laden is dead. Who gives a $#@! how or when it happened?

So, you support our crossing over sovereign borders with Special Forces on a kill mission against Terrorists?

Ransom
05-12-2015, 08:39 AM
He's still dead, isn't he?

So is Saddam Hussein, the much larger terrorist.

Who cares how we did it, he's still dead isn't he?

Oops.

nic34
05-12-2015, 08:44 AM

But only starting now. Sure.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5505/952/1600/BushImpeach.jpg

nic34
05-12-2015, 08:46 AM
And this guy

http://knowmore.washingtonpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/cheney2.png

Ransom
05-12-2015, 09:00 AM
So many clueless. So little time.

Tahuyaman
05-12-2015, 09:34 AM
The whole thing was pretty much a fabrication. If the movie were based on the truth it was true in the sense that there was a guy named Osama Bin Laden and he was at the compound. The rest of the story is just a concoction of lies leading up to the event, during the event and after the event.

I spent 20 years in the Army and I can tell you that many operations are quite boring and unremarkable other than a two or three minute period of excitement. A two minute period of excitement can't be stretched into a two hour movie.

Tahuyaman
05-12-2015, 09:39 AM
They could easily have taken him alive, but killed him anyway.

Why would you even consider taking bin laden alive? Imagine how many "Free Mumia" types would be attracted to his cause?

Taking him alive would be inexplicably stupid.

maineman
05-12-2015, 09:40 AM
So many clueless. So little time.

when Ransom waxes autobiographically, he's quite entertaining.

Captain Obvious
05-12-2015, 09:42 AM

That's his way of saying "I need attention"

maineman
05-12-2015, 09:42 AM
Why would you even consider taking bin laden alive? Imagine how many "Free Mumia" types would be attracted to his cause?

Taking him alive would be inexplicably stupid.

although.... if we had brought him back to NYC, summarily beheaded him in Times Square, and paraded his pig blood soaked skull stuck on a pike up and down Broadway, it would have done wonders for the American psyche.

Polecat
05-12-2015, 09:44 AM
It is foolish to expect honesty from the government or Hollywood.

del
05-12-2015, 09:44 AM

ransom reminds me of what james michael curley said about the ancient and honorable artillery company

"invincible in peace, invisible in war."

Tahuyaman
05-12-2015, 10:32 AM
It is foolish to expect honesty from the government or Hollywood.

the honest story is not always entertaining enough to fill a two hour movie

Polecat
05-12-2015, 10:48 AM
the honest story is not always entertaining enough to fill a two hour movie

It don't do much for getting votes either.

Tahuyaman
05-12-2015, 11:39 AM
It don't do much for getting votes either.

No it doesn't, but the opposite may be true