PDA

View Full Version : Think people on food stamps are eating lobster and steak?

Bo-4
05-16-2015, 10:11 AM
Think again.

Stories of SNAP recipients using benefits to buy shellfish and junk food abound.

"I have seen people purchasing filet mignons and crab legs with their EBT cards," Rick Bratten, a Missouri Republican who this year proposed prohibiting SNAP recipients from buying seafood or steak, told the Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/04/03/missouri-republicans-are-trying-to-ban-food-stamp-recipients-from-buying-steak-and-seafood/). "When I can't afford it on my pay, I don't want people on the taxpayer's dime to afford those kinds of foods either."

In Maine and Wisconsin, lawmakers are pushing legislation to restrict SNAP benefits to foods deemed healthy. The Wisconsin State Assembly approved legislation (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/14/wisconsin-food-stamps_n_7283654.html) this week to ban junk food and also "crab, lobster, shrimp, or any other shellfish." The bill's sponsor cited "anecdotal and perceived abuses.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/16/food-stamps-lobster_n_7293630.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Tahuyaman
05-16-2015, 10:39 AM
No. I think a lot of them are eating crap. I see them in grocery stores buying all kind a shit that turns them into unhealthy, obese slobs needlessly consuming even more public resources.

Bo-4
05-16-2015, 10:43 AM
No. I think a lot of them are eating crap. I see them in grocery stores buying all kind a shit that turns them into unhealthy, obese slobs needlessly consuming even more public resources.

Of course you do.. ;-)

Tahuyaman
05-16-2015, 10:54 AM
Of course you do.. ;-)

Obesity is a huge problem with people on public assistance. They make bad choices in every aspect of their life.

Mr. Right
05-16-2015, 11:00 AM
We have what is likely the largest seafood seller in the Southeast here in P'cola. I don't ever go in there that I don't see people using SNAP and EBT to buy everything from jumbo shrimp to king crab legs. Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

Mister D
05-16-2015, 11:07 AM
I always thought of them as eating fast food, actually.

Bo-4
05-16-2015, 11:07 AM
We have what is likely the largest seafood seller in the Southeast here in P'cola. I don't ever go in there that I don't see people using SNAP and EBT to buy everything from jumbo shrimp to king crab legs. Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

You've NEVER been to this fish market without seeing poor people buying jumbo shrimp and crab legs with their SNAP/EBT cards?

Okay, we'll take your word for it as opposed to the US Department of Agriculture. :cool:

Polecat
05-16-2015, 11:12 AM
Sorry, this is a fail. I have been in the checkout line behind folks that are buying Hagen Daas and t-bones with their card and using cash for lottery tickets. It happens. It happens too much. People that have true need are getting screwed by these parasites.

sachem
05-16-2015, 11:40 AM
Obesity is a huge problem with people on public assistance. They make bad choices in every aspect of their life.Or they eat a lot of pasta, rice, potatoes because those items are filling and relatively inexpensive

Tahuyaman
05-16-2015, 11:43 AM
Or they eat a lot of pasta, rice, potatoes because those items are filling and relatively inexpensive

Maybe they eat mostly processed foods? At least that's what I see in the line at the local Safeway. I sure don't see them buying staples which need to be prepared.

Polecat
05-16-2015, 11:48 AM
Or they eat a lot of pasta, rice, potatoes because those items are filling and relatively inexpensive

Sounds like my diet.

Peter1469
05-16-2015, 12:20 PM
SNAP cards should only be allowed at places like food banks where only decent inexpensive food is available.

pragmatic
05-16-2015, 12:43 PM
Think again.

Stories of SNAP recipients using benefits to buy shellfish and junk food abound.

"I have seen people purchasing filet mignons and crab legs with their EBT cards," Rick Bratten, a Missouri Republican who this year proposed prohibiting SNAP recipients from buying seafood or steak, told the Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/04/03/missouri-republicans-are-trying-to-ban-food-stamp-recipients-from-buying-steak-and-seafood/). "When I can't afford it on my pay, I don't want people on the taxpayer's dime to afford those kinds of foods either."

In Maine and Wisconsin, lawmakers are pushing legislation to restrict SNAP benefits to foods deemed healthy. The Wisconsin State Assembly approved legislation (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/14/wisconsin-food-stamps_n_7283654.html) this week to ban junk food and also "crab, lobster, shrimp, or any other shellfish." The bill's sponsor cited "anecdotal and perceived abuses.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/16/food-stamps-lobster_n_7293630.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Suspect the number of SNAP lobster eaters is minimal.

But completely support rules/guidelines/laws that limit what can be bought with SNAP benefits.

Mr. Right
05-16-2015, 12:47 PM
You've NEVER been to this fish market without seeing poor people buying jumbo shrimp and crab legs with their SNAP/EBT cards?

Okay, we'll take your word for it as opposed to the US Department of Agriculture. :cool:

You want video, cowboy? It really serves me well to come onto this forum and tell lies; does wonders for my credibility.

Polecat
05-16-2015, 12:49 PM
SNAP cards should only be allowed at places like food banks where only decent inexpensive food is available.

I have always thought this was the way to go. Quality food can be made available for far less $ in this setting then the garbage at the corner kwikie mart.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2015, 02:38 PM

Ping

The liberal mind is one-faceted. It's either black or white, no gray area.

No, of course not everyone on welfare and food stamps are eating steak and lobster or whatever. Some who take advantage of these easily taken advantage of programs sure fund their drug, liquor and cigarette habits with them.

If liberals want to keep their heads inserted firmly up their asses in disbelief then whatever.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2015, 02:40 PM
And I'm sorry to liberals in general, you're not all idiots. Some of the smartest people ever are/were liberals. I'm being closed minded by painting with a broad brush.

But low information liberals are some of the biggest dummies on the planet.

Mister D
05-16-2015, 03:04 PM
And I'm sorry to liberals in general, you're not all idiots. Some of the smartest people ever are/were liberals. I'm being closed minded by painting with a broad brush.

Progressives, particularly white progressives, have a need to be thought of as good people. I think that's the psychology at work here.

Polecat
05-16-2015, 03:34 PM

Had me worried. I thought Mac-7 had you at gun point.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2015, 03:46 PM
Had me worried. I thought Mac-7 had you at gun point.

I'm politically confusing.

At the other end of the spectrum I'm sexually easy to figure out.

Polecat
05-16-2015, 03:50 PM

Yeah, You're what I call a trysexual. Try anything once. Maybe twice if injuries were minor first time around.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2015, 03:52 PM
Yeah, You're what I call a trysexual. Try anything once. Maybe twice if injuries were minor first time around.

I'm really fairly conservative in this respect actually. And I'm hopelessly bashful.

Believe it or not.

JDubya
05-16-2015, 03:54 PM
I know some food stampers eat that expensive luxury food.

I know a guy who was laid up from work because of an injury. Collected disability & food stamps for awhile. He tried to get me to come over to eat one Sunday & was boasting about all the different kinds of great food he could get for free with his food stamps.

Filet mignon, lobster & shrimp being the first things he mentioned.

That's why I'm all for placing restrictions on it. IDC if what they are allowed to buy is deemed "healthy" or not, as long as it's not overly expensive & wasteful of taxpayer money.

JDubya
05-16-2015, 03:55 PM

You're just copying me.

I was that way first.

Polecat
05-16-2015, 03:58 PM
I'm really fairly conservative in this respect actually. And I'm hopelessly bashful.

Believe it or not.
Its the bashful ones you got to worry about! Stand there all sheepish eyed digging your toe in the dirt going "awe shucks" one second then BOOM next thing you know you are immobilized with electrical tape and there is a shiny tray full of multicolored battery powered objects and Steven King incidence music blaring.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2015, 04:01 PM
Its the bashful ones you got to worry about! Stand there all sheepish eyed digging your toe in the dirt going "awe shucks" one second then BOOM next thing you know you are immobilized with electrical tape and there is a shiny tray full of multicolored battery powered objects and Steven King incidence music blaring.

My wife is the one who likes being tied up and gagged. Not my thing actually but I live to serve.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2015, 04:02 PM
You're just copying me.

I was that way first.

Were both copycats most likely.

JDubya
05-16-2015, 04:07 PM
Were both copycats most likely.

Coniberal libservatives.

Polecat
05-16-2015, 04:09 PM
My wife is the one who likes being tied up and gagged. Not my thing actually but I live to serve.

My wife likes me to keep my distance. So far I'm OK with that. Neither one of us have aged well.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2015, 04:14 PM
My wife likes me to keep my distance. So far I'm OK with that. Neither one of us have aged well.

My wife is 49 and is as cute as the day I met her.

I feel very blessed in this sense.

I aged ok, not as well as she has though.

Tahuyaman
05-16-2015, 04:20 PM

Another bad choice.

donttread
05-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Think again.

Develop a food bank and have them pick up their food there

Mac-7
05-16-2015, 05:43 PM

Thats not a bad idea.

And only feed the children not the adults

Mister D
05-16-2015, 05:45 PM
Another bad choice.

Poor people have very bad dietary habits overall or so their obesity rates would suggest.

Tahuyaman
05-16-2015, 05:57 PM
Poor people have very bad dietary habits overall or so their obesity rates would suggest.

Thats what I just said.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2015, 06:05 PM

"Obese poor people" - shouldn't that be an oxymoron?

Mister D
05-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Thats what I just said.

Yeah, I know. I was agreeing with you.

JDubya
05-16-2015, 06:24 PM

There are food banks already.

The problem for a lot of poor & elderly is getting to them.

Any given person might have two or three grocery stores which accept food stamps a short distance from their home, but the limited number of food banks will not be easily accessible to most people who need them.

JDubya
05-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Thats not a bad idea.

No, it's an unrealistic, unworkable idea.

And as for not feeding needy adults, I've gotta ask, where does your asshole get it's ideas from?

Tahuyaman
05-16-2015, 06:27 PM
"Obese poor people" - shouldn't that be an oxymoron?

Why is that the norm now days, but it wasn't with generations past? Could it be because the government hand-out is much more prevalent today that it was during the great depression era?

Captain Obvious
05-16-2015, 06:29 PM
There are food banks already.

The problem for a lot of poor & elderly is getting to them.

Any given person might have two or three grocery stores which accept food stamps a short distance from their home, but the limited number of food banks will not be easily accessible to most people who need them.

This is why our entitlement system is rift with fraud and waste, people who think they know everything but don't know shit about shit out of ignorance block any and every check and balance recommended.

Mini Me
05-16-2015, 06:47 PM

Bo, there is no reward for sticking up for the poor.

And because there is no profit in it, that's why the Rethugs are against it!

Mini Me
05-16-2015, 06:52 PM

Food Bank food is free!

And its hardly fit for the hogs to eat! Moldy bread, limp vegetables, garbage carbs galore, and stale, dented cans past pull date. Its no wonder these folks are fat!

Captain Obvious
05-16-2015, 06:54 PM
Food Bank food is free!

And its hardly fit for the hogs to eat! Moldy bread, limp vegetables, garbage carbs galore, and stale, dented cans past pull date. Its no wonder these folks are fat!

lol

Captain Obvious
05-16-2015, 06:58 PM
Food Bank food is free!

This gets a double-take.

Total bullshit. You think if they were handing out rotten garbage to recipients the progresso-mundo-liberal rights nuts wouldn't be on this like flies on shit?

Jesus fucking Christ, that's what these organizations live for.

Dismissed.

Mini Me
05-16-2015, 07:06 PM
Progressives, particularly white progressives, have a need to be thought of as good people. I think that's the psychology at work here.

Well, they do! Life is a morality play with them, "good vs. evil", root for the underdog, appear racially "color blind"and love Gaia, mother earth. Appear noble at all costs, emulate Jesus, Budda, the working peon is sacred, better red than dead. Its egalitarianism at its fullest. Not exactly grounded in reality, but the "feel good" mojo is intact. Virtue is its own reward, and man must aspire to a greater goodness.

Its hard being a progressive in an inherently evil world!

Captain Obvious
05-16-2015, 07:12 PM
Well, they do! Life is a morality play with them, "good vs. evil", root for the underdog, appear racially "color blind"and love Gaia, mother earth. Appear noble at all costs, emulate Jesus, Budda, the working peon is sacred, better red than dead. Its egalitarianism at its fullest. Not exactly grounded in reality, but the "feel good" mojo is intact. Virtue is its own reward, and man must aspire to a greater goodness.

Its hard being a progressive in an inherently evil world!

Feel good even at the expense of recognizing reality.

Bob
05-16-2015, 07:13 PM
Food Bank food is free!

I am a volunteer at our local food bank. This smear needs rebutting.

Most of the food comes from local supermarkets. They even have some trucked to the foodbank.

They also have deli departments and said departments supply fresh sandwiches that are handed out to those not getting the free food. You can either get the basket of groceries or the sandwich lunches that have fresh fruit and other stuff in the brown bags.

There is no greed in the food banks. Whey would soon shut down if they passed out bad food. You are in CA. You know how CA works.

Peter1469
05-16-2015, 07:48 PM
Food Bank food is free!

What I suggested was a food bank system for SNAP card holders, so they can't use SNAP where we shop for whatever food we can pay for with our own money.

Redrose
05-16-2015, 07:53 PM

There are people on food stamps that are cheating the system. They have money, off the books money and on paper look poor. I've seen it for years. They live in a house in another's name, same for cars, in another's name. I saw a lot of it at the IRS. People claiming to be head of household, but really married, thereby getting benefits they don't deserve. Those types always vote Democratic because they've learned the Dems keept throwing money at these abused pograms. These leeches live better than many people working a full time job busting their butt. Some get SSI too when it's not legitimate. They hurt the system and the real people who need the benefits.

lynn
05-16-2015, 08:30 PM
Do you people realize that the amount of food stamps isn't enough to feed one person a month let alone a family. If a person buys lobster or steak then they are going without by the end of the month which would be their fault.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2015, 08:34 PM
Do you people realize that the amount of food stamps isn't enough to feed one person a month let alone a family. If a person buys lobster or steak then they are going without by the end of the month which would be their fault.

That's why I chose gainful employment over food stamps.

Mac-7
05-16-2015, 10:15 PM

There are also the private charity food banks where welfare bums go to supplement their food stamps.

If things get really bad they might even be forced to find a job.

But only as a last resort.

Bo-4
05-17-2015, 08:50 AM
Thats not a bad idea.

Good God Macky -- that's one of your worst ideas to date ... and the competition is fierce!

Captain Obvious
05-17-2015, 09:02 AM
Good God Macky -- that's one of your worst ideas to date ... and the competition is fierce!

I agree with it with conditions.

Bo-4
05-17-2015, 09:11 AM
I agree with it with conditions.

How good at parenting do you think parents would be on an empty stomach?

Remember, some of these folks simply had a rough patch.. they're not all shiftless freeloaders.

Captain Obvious
05-17-2015, 09:15 AM
How good at parenting do you think parents would be on an empty stomach?

Remember, some of these folks simply had a rough patch.. they're not all shiftless freeloaders.

If you feed them they'll just breed more.

Maybe starving the herd isn't a bad thing.

Common
05-17-2015, 09:16 AM
The rich have already started starving everyone

JDubya
05-17-2015, 09:19 AM
If you feed them they'll just breed more.

Maybe starving the herd isn't a bad thing.

Careful with the sarcasm.

Some of these nuts will think you're being serious.

Shouldn't encourage that kind of thinking.

Captain Obvious
05-17-2015, 09:42 AM
Careful with the sarcasm.

Some of these nuts will think you're being serious.

Shouldn't encourage that kind of thinking.

I'm praying for rain, I'm praying for tidal waves...

pragmatic
05-17-2015, 10:29 AM

Gonna call BS on that statement.

How about you throw out a monthly $$$ amount in benefits? And then we can discuss how far that $$$ can go with sensible grocery shopping??

Bob
05-17-2015, 10:32 AM

Right, the rich prevent the US Government from printing more and more money. LOL

Bo-4
05-17-2015, 10:32 AM

How about you throw out a monthly $$$ amount in benefits? And then we can discuss how far that $$$ can go with sensible grocery shopping??

Let's see you eat healthily on $3-4 per day.

GO!!

http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/avg-monthly-food-stamp-benefits/

Captain Obvious
05-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Let's see you eat healthily on $3-4 per day.

GO!!

http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/avg-monthly-food-stamp-benefits/

I could eat healthy on $1.89 a day.

Hospital salad bar, big salad once per day would work.

Bo-4
05-17-2015, 10:49 AM

And you can eat all the salad bar you want at the hospital you work at for a buck eighty nine?

That's called a subsidized job benefit. ;)

One of the more popular ones is Ruby Tuesdays .. now $8.

Captain Obvious
05-17-2015, 10:51 AM
And you can eat all the salad bar you want at the hospital you work at for a buck eighty nine?

That's called a subsidized job benefit. ;)

One of the more popular ones is Ruby Tuesdays .. now $8.

If it were up to me that salad would be five bucks like most other places.

I have to pick my battles though.

Mister D
05-17-2015, 10:56 AM

Your metabolism must be all out of whack if you only eat once a day.

Captain Obvious
05-17-2015, 10:58 AM
Your metabolism must be all out of whack if you only eat once a day.

I don't, but I could.

Used to not eat at all a couple years ago when I lost a bunch of weight.

Mister D
05-17-2015, 11:00 AM
I don't, but I could.

Used to not eat at all a couple years ago when I lost a bunch of weight.

If you don't my my asking, how much do you weigh now? Does your weight fluctuate a lot?

Bo-4
05-17-2015, 11:02 AM
If you don't my my asking, how much do you weigh now? Does your weight fluctuate a lot?

Most normal folk would need at least some meat and or nut/seeds in a salad bar to maintain strength.

To find that in an all you can eat salad bar is typically in the $6-9 range.

Cappy's work provides their $2 salad bar as a job benefit.

Captain Obvious
05-17-2015, 11:04 AM

Not really, I tend to gain a few pounds in the winter, I think it's the Russian in me to be honest.

I was at 230 on my last weight loss and I'm sure I gained a couple since but haven't checked. I had to buy all new clothes back then and I still wear most of them except for a couple of cheap t-shirts that never fit right to begin with.

Mister D
05-17-2015, 11:05 AM
Most normal folk would need at least some meat and or nut/seeds in a salad bar to maintain strength.

I used to be so evil. I'd make a salad, use the self-checkout lane, and ring it up as cabbage. :rollseyes:

Captain Obvious
05-17-2015, 11:05 AM

You're right, if you walked in off the street they would charge you more.

$2.25

Mister D
05-17-2015, 11:08 AM
Not really, I tend to gain a few pounds in the winter, I think it's the Russian in me to be honest.

I was at 230 on my last weight loss and I'm sure I gained a couple since but haven't checked. I had to buy all new clothes back then and I still wear most of them except for a couple of cheap t-shirts that never fit right to begin with.

Interesting. Eating only one meal a day typically slows down a person's metabolism.

Captain Obvious
05-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Interesting. Eating only one meal a day typically slows down a person's metabolism.

Back then I was only eating on weekends. It didn't seem to bother me at all. Just coffee and diet soda.

I understand the metabolism thing but it worked for me. When I ate on weekends it wasn't much, it's like my stomach shrank, I couldn't eat as much.

gamewell45
05-17-2015, 11:14 AM
To be honest, I really don't pay attention to what anyone buys or how they pay for it at the supermarket since it's really none of my business; that being said, those on public assistance get a finite amount of money to spend on food each month and when it's gone, they'll have to wait until the following month until the next check/deposit goes into their account.

If they want to eat high end foods such as filet mignon or lobster or eat dog food and crackers, that's their business and not mine. Either way I'm not about to tell someone what to eat.

Peter1469
05-17-2015, 11:26 AM

No they aren't. Google "fractional reserve banking." Your issues with people "starving" is due to globalization.

Captain Obvious
05-17-2015, 11:31 AM
Think I'll get some steak for dinner today.

Polecat
05-17-2015, 11:44 AM
No they aren't. Google "fractional reserve banking." Your issues with people "starving" is due to globalization.

There is a difference between actual starvation and perpetual hunger and malnourishment. Neither one is going to be pleasant. Most particularly for those that have never had the experience.

Susan B. Anthony
05-17-2015, 11:49 AM
To be honest, I really don't pay attention to what anyone buys or how they pay for it at the supermarket since it's really none of my business; that being said, those on public assistance get a finite amount of money to spend on food each month and when it's gone, they'll have to wait until the following month until the next check/deposit goes into their account.

If they want to eat high end foods such as filet mignon or lobster or eat dog food and crackers, that's their business and not mine. Either way I'm not about to tell someone what to eat.

You think people live only on what they get in government assistance? That's considered supplemental income.

Peter1469
05-17-2015, 12:49 PM
There is a difference between actual starvation and perpetual hunger and malnourishment. Neither one is going to be pleasant. Most particularly for those that have never had the experience.

Few are actually starving. The is why I used "".

Anyway the point is that Common is blaming the wrong thing for his perceived injustices.

Peter1469
05-17-2015, 12:49 PM
You think people live only on what they get in government assistance? That's considered supplemental income.

The S in SNAP.

lynn
05-17-2015, 06:41 PM

Okay a single person that gets $150.00 per month

Mr. Right
05-18-2015, 07:48 AM
Back to the issue.... we can gripe about the abuse and argue over who gets what, and how... but zero is going to change. We who would like to see the abuse halted face the 3 entities who'd go flailing, kicking, and screaming over any changes. Not only do we have the freeloaders and the polititans who pander to them, the owners of the convenience stores, grocery stores, meat markets, and seafood markets would also raise hades if the programs were changed.

Captain Obvious
05-18-2015, 07:54 AM
Back to the issue.... we can gripe about the abuse and argue over who gets what, and how... but zero is going to change. We who would like to see the abuse halted face the 3 entities who'd go flailing, kicking, and screaming over any changes. Not only do we have the freeloaders and the polititans who pander to them, the owners of the convenience stores, grocery stores, meat markets, and seafood markets would also raise hades if the programs were changed.

I'm a liberal at heart actually, I want to support those who need support. Working single mothers, I get that, they need help but I also don't want to subsidize a babymama who's having kids just to get welfare checks.

I would just as soon stop the program than continue to allow this kind of abuse and fraud, continue a program for children though and monitor it.

Able bodied parents need to be able to fend for themselves. Enabling them isn't the solution.

Bo-4
05-18-2015, 08:07 AM
I'm a liberal at heart actually, I want to support those who need support. Working single mothers, I get that, they need help but I also don't want to subsidize a babymama who's having kids just to get welfare checks.

I would just as soon stop the program than continue to allow this kind of abuse and fraud, continue a program for children though and monitor it.

Able bodied parents need to be able to fend for themselves. Enabling them isn't the solution.

Give single Moms free birth control. If they don't use it and plop out another one.. tie the tubes.

Cost? A tiny fraction of a probable life of welfare and building new prisons.

Peter1469
05-18-2015, 08:12 AM
We should have a sur tax on liberals. 2x the tax rate for the liberals who want to constantly raise taxes.

Mac-7
05-18-2015, 08:14 AM

Single moms can work under the table and their live in boyfriends can deal drugs.

Bo-4
05-18-2015, 08:15 AM
We should have a sur tax on liberals. 2x the tax rate for the liberals who want to constantly raise taxes.

Lol.. i say we tax middle class cons who ceaselessly defend the wealthy as they wait to be tinkled upon. :)

Captain Obvious
05-18-2015, 08:15 AM
Give single Moms free birth control. If they don't use it and plop out another one.. tie the tubes.

Cost? A tiny fraction of a probable life of welfare and building new prisons.

I'm ok with that

Captain Obvious
05-18-2015, 08:16 AM
Single moms can work under the table and their live in boyfriends can deal drugs.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3335326/lurch-head-shake-o.gif

Mac-7
05-18-2015, 08:19 AM
Lol.. i say we tax middle class cons who ceaselessly defend the wealthy as they wait to be tinkled upon. :)

You want government to have the wealth and do the tinkling through welfare handouts.

Why not a flat tax rate for everyone with no tax exemptions for the rich or anyone else?

Mac-7
05-18-2015, 08:21 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3335326/lurch-head-shake-o.gif

I'm sorry that you live in a bubble and are so ignorant of the real world.

But NPR would never tell you the truth about single welfare moms.

Bo-4
05-18-2015, 08:25 AM
Why not a flat tax rate for everyone with no tax exemptions for the rich or anyone else?

Flat tax is a notion worth exploring, however it's unfair to the poor who need every dime of their income to survive.

Eliminate taxes nationwide on groceries and we might have something to talk about.

Mac-7
05-18-2015, 08:35 AM
Flat tax is a notion worth exploring, however it's unfair to the poor who need every dime of their income to survive.

Eliminate taxes nationwide on groceries and we might have something to talk about.

The poor expect a free ride and the more we do for them the less they do for themselves.

A flat tax is perhaps the least we can do for the poor.

Even better would be tariffs on imported goods from china and other low wage countries and close the border with Mexico to stop the invasion of poor illegal aliens.

these policies will create employment opportunities for poor people so that they can learn to help themselves.

donttread
05-18-2015, 08:54 AM

But if they ate lobster and steak they'd only eat about 3 days a month

Mac-7
05-18-2015, 08:57 AM

They can hit the private charity food banks that are always begging for donations too.

Tahuyaman
05-18-2015, 09:10 AM

Are you thinking I am agreeing with the notion that they are eating steak and lobster every night?

They are pretty much eating cheap processed foods because most of them don't have the knowledge or desire to actually buy staples and prepare healthy meals.

That's why obesity is a huge problem with these people.

Peter1469
05-18-2015, 01:10 PM

I don't think your scheme would affect me. :wink: