PDA

View Full Version : Alabama’s GOP Governor Calls On Romney To Release More Tax Returns:

Cigar
07-16-2012, 09:19 AM
‘Release Everything To The American People’

Pressure was building on Romney from within his own party to be more forthcoming with his finances, a day after he declared he would not release past income tax returns beyond his 2010 tax records and, before the November election, his 2011 taxes.

On the sidelines of the National Governors Association meeting in Williamsburg, Alabama’s Republican governor, Robert Bentley, called on Romney to release all the documents requested of him.

“If you have things to hide, then maybe you’re doing things wrong,” Bentley said. “I think you ought to be willing to release everything to the American people.“
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/bain-fading-obama-romney-16777529

Ready-Set-Spin >>> :cool2:

Agravan
07-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Why should he release records when obama has sealed his?
Why don't you guys demand that odumbo realease ALL of his records?

Cigar
07-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Why should he release records when obama has sealed his?
Why don't you guys demand that odumbo realease ALL of his records?

If I was Obama ... I'd do just that ... and watch their jaws hit the ground just like it did when he released his Birth Certificate ... and guess what?

The NutJob's would just move on to the next ... Conservative Conspiracy Theory ... why .. because that what NutJob's do.

But it is Fun to watch. :)

Mainecoons
07-16-2012, 11:55 AM
He hasn't released his birth certificate, clown. He released a doctored, multi-layered internet image.

Still waiting. . . . .

Actually, I'm pretty much convinced he actually has one. What I surmise is that some of the information on the real one is quite embarassing. Literally, our POTUS could be a little bastard. That would be highly amusing for sure.

But then, this is a guy who claimed to be born in Kenya on his bio for 16 long years and then discovered he was born in Hawaii in 2007. There's not much that can embarass a sociopath.

Cigar
07-16-2012, 11:59 AM
He hasn't released his birth certificate, clown. He released a doctored, multi-layered internet image.

Still waiting. . . . .

Actually, I'm pretty much convinced he actually has one. What I surmise is that some of the information on the real one is quite embarassing.

But then, this is a guy who claimed to be born in Kenya on his bio for 16 long years and then discovered he was born in Hawaii in 2007. There's not much that can embarass a sociopath.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/obama-not-citizen.gif

Mainecoons
07-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Having a hard time reading again?

Cigar
07-16-2012, 12:13 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/120716-think-about-it.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/mittromney_bain_etchasketch.jpg

David Corn breaks another important Mitt Romney story, reporting that Romney himself testified in 2002 that he was actively engaged in his work at Bain Capital for at least several months after February 11, 1999, the date he now claims was the end of his career at Bain. Romney's testimony came during a state election commission hearing to determine his eligibility for governor:

Romney said that after he departed Bain in February 1999 he went through a transition period regarding his work in Boston.

When a lawyer challenging his eligibility asked Romney, "Did you remain more or less continuously in Salt Lake City from February '99 to the end of the year," Romney answered:

Actually, there was some transition away from my work in Boston for the first few months and then I pretty much stayed there after.
Trying to clarify this, the lawyer, after referring to this "transition," asked, "So from February through the end of the year you were pretty much full-time out in Utah, right?"

Romney replied: "Well again, the beginning of the year was a good deal of time back and forth, but towards the last half of the year it was pretty much exclusively in Utah."

Two things about this:

This is a clear statement from Mitt Romney himself that he continued to play an active role in Bain Capital's day-to-day affairs after the point at which he now says he had nothing to do with the company. Like the July, 1999 press release quoting Romney as Bain's "part-time" CEO and his statement to the Boston Herald that he would remain involved in the company's affairs, this can't be spun as a legal technicality.
The fact that Romney says he was "pretty much exclusively in Utah" towards the end of 1999 does not support his claim that he had nothing to do with Bain. It is merely a reminder that he ran the winter Olympics, which we already knew.

Let me elaborate a little on that second point because it's an important one. Nobody has seriously argued that Mitt Romney ran Bain Capital on a daily basis from 1999 through 2002. He was running the Olympics. The argument Romney's critics have made is that even though he was running the Olympics, Romney also continued to own Bain Capital and continued to serve as its top corporate officer. Therefore, he had ultimate legal and moral responsibility for the firm, even if he wasn't the driving force behind every decision the company made during that time. The buck stopped with him. If something happened that he objected to, he had the power to stop it.

- more -

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/07/16/1110482/-Mitt-Romney-may-need-an-Etch-A-Sketch-for-this-testimony

Mainecoons
07-16-2012, 12:32 PM
NYT doesn't agree. Daily Kos--LOLOLOLOL!