PDA

View Full Version : Libs, Ultra Libs and moderates

donttread
05-20-2015, 05:37 PM
We've spent a lot of time on this board explaining the difference between fiscal and social conservatism, Libertarianism and Republicanism etc.
But we seldom here about the different grades of liberals.
I) Liberal
2) Ultra liberal
3) Moderate

Cigar
05-20-2015, 05:47 PM
I'm and "In Yo Face" Progressive and a Unapologetic Bleeding Heart Liberal.

If that requires an explanation, then I suggest opening The Good Book.

donttread
05-20-2015, 05:58 PM
I'm and "In Yo Face" Progressive and a Unapologetic Bleeding Heart Liberal.

If that requires an explanation, then I suggest opening The Good Book.

Yup, you are a fine example of the ultra lib

magicmike
05-20-2015, 06:00 PM

What's wrong with it?

PattyHill
05-20-2015, 06:12 PM
What's wrong with it?

nothing.

Chris
05-20-2015, 06:14 PM

No, he's a Democrat.

Brett Nortje
05-20-2015, 09:43 PM
I think it is just a softer way of approaching life. a more gentle way, mind you. compared to the republicans, they will not allow so many guns nor police brutality, hell, the liberals shy away from cops with batons i would presume. this would be because they are afraid, yes?

So, is it right to say, the more liberal you are, the more afraid of others you are?

donttread
05-21-2015, 03:50 AM
What's wrong with it?

Lots. But my point was that he was correct IMHO, in his self assessment.

donttread
05-21-2015, 03:51 AM
I think it is just a softer way of approaching life. a more gentle way, mind you. compared to the republicans, they will not allow so many guns nor police brutality, hell, the liberals shy away from cops with batons i would presume. this would be because they are afraid, yes?

So, is it right to say, the more liberal you are, the more afraid of others you are?

Yes, because libs see their protection as having to come from bigdaddy.gov instead of self defense. Even when the rapist is here now and the cops are 20 minutes away

Mac-7
05-21-2015, 05:59 AM
We have to include sexual libertines in this group of libs.

the militants who push the edges of radicalism no matter what the consequences

zelmo1234
05-21-2015, 06:02 AM
Your moderate are going to have some issue they tend to lean right on. Most will be on the spending side

Liberals will at least think of the consequences of some of their proposed actions

Ultra liberals are those that feel entitled to the earnings of others and they will blindly carry the water, as long as they are being promised free stuff.

Mac-7
05-21-2015, 06:15 AM
Liberals will at least think of the consequences of some of their proposed actions

i disagree that liberals think of the consequences of any policy they advocate.

there is not a single issue or a single liberal I can think of who fits that description.

PattyHill
05-21-2015, 08:01 AM

No. Liberals don't see boogeymen in every closet and behind every bush. We are not afraid to mingle with those who are different from us.

It's conservatives who live their lives in fear.

zelmo1234
05-21-2015, 08:05 AM

there is not a single issue or a single liberal I can think of who fits that description.

Dr Who, Ravens Fan, Green Arrow. I would all put in that category. They still may support some things because they seem compassionate , but they will not support others because of the consequences.

zelmo1234
05-21-2015, 08:06 AM
No. Liberals don't see boogeymen in every closet and behind every bush. We are not afraid to mingle with those who are different from us.

Oh! the see the Boogeyman behind every Bush, (George, Jeb, Senior) :)

Mac-7
05-21-2015, 08:22 AM
Dr Who, Ravens Fan, Green Arrow. I would all put in that category. They still may support some things because they seem compassionate , but they will not support others because of the consequences.

I guess you see something in them as wipe-every-nose welfare advocates that I don't.

Common Sense
05-21-2015, 08:29 AM
I guess you see something in them as wipe-every-nose welfare advocates that I don't.

It's called myopic tunnel vision.

magicmike
05-21-2015, 08:54 AM

Like a compassion for one's fellow man?

Mac-7
05-21-2015, 09:07 AM

The welfare state hurts the downtrodden more than it helps them.

Beevee
05-21-2015, 11:22 AM

Is that experience talking?

magicmike
05-21-2015, 04:28 PM

Have you been among the 'downtrodden'?

Mac-7
05-21-2015, 04:30 PM

Yes.

silvereyes
05-21-2015, 04:38 PM

Dont listen to him.

Beevee
05-21-2015, 05:02 PM

Thinking is the process of producing thoughts. Do you qualify?

donttread
05-21-2015, 05:12 PM

Actually Obama is pretty much as war like as Bush

zelmo1234
05-21-2015, 07:36 PM

Now here is where you are wrong. Liberals and ultra liberals only care about the appearance of compassion. the ACA and current SS system are prime examples.

The ACA when fully implemented will hurt way more people that it helps and will continue to cause the price of health insurance and healthcare to dramatically rise.

SS is going broke and forced people to live in poverty after investing 6.5% of their income

What they care about is the appearance of being compassionate. Then they can sit back and tell all of their liberal friends, look what we did for those people.

they care very little if it actually causes harm.

zelmo1234
05-21-2015, 07:37 PM
Is that experience talking?

I don't know but the statement is true, in it's present form.