PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney Ad Taken Down Over Copyright Claim

Cigar
07-17-2012, 07:32 AM
One day after President Barack Obama's campaign put out a brutal ad making fun of Mitt Romney's singing abilities, the Romney campaign responded in kind with a web video mocking Obama for singing Al Green's "Let's Stay Together."

However, on Monday afternoon, that video was no longer available. Viewers who tried to watch it were greeted with a fuzzy screen and the message:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by BMG_Rights_Management.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/16/mitt-romney-ad_n_1677874.html

Good Job Mitt ... :laugh:

Trinnity
07-17-2012, 07:49 AM
So tell us, Cigar.....how's our economy doing with Obama at the wheel?

Cigar
07-17-2012, 07:56 AM
So tell us, Cigar.....how's our economy doing with Obama at the wheel?

Several points better since March 10th 2009.

Just ask any Fortune 500 Company or Millionaire or Billionaire

Trinnity
07-17-2012, 08:01 AM
Nice dodge, but no cigar. Keep tellin' us how peachy things are under Obama's leadership. Go for it. :laughing6:

Cigar
07-17-2012, 08:05 AM
Nice dodge, but no cigar. Keep tellin' us how peachy things are under Obama's leadership. Go for it. :laughing6:

I can only speak for myself and those I know and not you.

But if you'd like a recommendation, let me know.

Mainecoons
07-17-2012, 08:54 AM
You're a half hour late this morning, Cigar. :grin:

Peter1469
07-17-2012, 04:58 PM
I emailed Soros- he will be docking you one hour Cigar. Shape up, or you're fired.

Cigar
07-17-2012, 06:15 PM
I was up late celebrating a big win for the Company, while crybabies where on forums whining. :)

Mainecoons
07-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Take a laptop home from the office?

That's "crybabies WERE. . ."

bladimz
07-18-2012, 10:51 AM
You're a half hour late this morning, Cigar. :grin:What's your company policies. What's the handbook say?

bladimz
07-18-2012, 11:01 AM
One day after President Barack Obama's campaign put out a brutal ad making fun of Mitt Romney's singing abilities, the Romney campaign responded in kind with a web video mocking Obama for singing Al Green's "Let's Stay Together."

However, on Monday afternoon, that video was no longer available. Viewers who tried to watch it were greeted with a fuzzy screen and the message:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by BMG_Rights_Management.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/16/mitt-romney-ad_n_1677874.html

Good Job Mitt ... :laugh:Yeah. Unfortunately, unauthorized used of protected music is a bear. I ran into that on YouTube and now they just mute the music used. Warner Music Group is very famous for this. I'm really surprised that the Campaign didn't investigate potential liabilities here.

http://www.thelawinsider.com/insider-news/politicians-pay-the-price-for-using-unauthorized-music/

Mainecoons
07-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Blad and Cigar--punked again!

(Politico) YouTube on Thursday restored a Web ad for Mitt Romney featuring audio of President Barack Obama singing a few bars of an Al Green classic, concluding it did not infringe on Green’s copyright to the song.
The 30-second spot attacking Obama for alleged cronyism was removed on Tuesday after BMG Rights Management filed a complaint on behalf of Green, an Obama supporter. Obama riffed on the crooner’s “Let’s Stay Together” at a fundraiser at New York’s Apollo Theater in January when mentioning that Green was in the audience.
The Romney campaign sent YouTube an appeal letter on Wednesday asserting the footage in the ad, titled “Political Payoffs And Middle Class Layoffs,” was fair use under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and not a copyright violation.

Heeees back!

Conley
07-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Yeah. Unfortunately, unauthorized used of protected music is a bear. I ran into that on YouTube and now they just mute the music used. Warner Music Group is very famous for this. I'm really surprised that the Campaign didn't investigate potential liabilities here.

http://www.thelawinsider.com/insider-news/politicians-pay-the-price-for-using-unauthorized-music/

They mute it...didn't know that. For some songs they run ads in front of the video and have a link for buying the song. I thought it made a lot of sense, give the musician the ad money and give viewers the chance to buy the song. Works out for everyone.

Trinnity
07-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Several points better since March 10th 2009.

Just ask any Fortune 500 Company or Millionaire or Billionaire Oh yeah? Where's the under 8% unemployment he promised? Even by NOT countling the underemployed or those who gave up, ti's still over 8. The real UE is about 14%. UE for Black is about 14%. He ain't helping the brothers, is he?

He said he'd be a one term prezzy if he couldn't fix this in one term. I'm holding him to that.