PDA

View Full Version : IMF Sees No New Recession.....

MMC
08-28-2011, 05:26 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/imf-sees-no-recession-risks-rising-lipsky-211719060.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The IMF's updated forecasts to be released next month do not foresee a global recession but risks have risen, a senior International Monetary Fund official said on Friday.

Lipsky said rising risks to the global economy reflected a lack of confidence in policymakers' ability to rein in debts.

He urged both the United States and Europe to develop credible medium-term fiscal plans to boost confidence in their ability to cut their debt levels.
"The more credible medium term planning, the more flexibility that will exist with temporary impacts, such as potential impact of the hurricane (Irene)," said Lipsky.

He said effective fiscal measures could include a combination of U.S. tax reforms and clear-cut spending plans.

The White House said President Barack Obama and IMF chief Christine Lagarde spoke by phone earlier on Friday and agreed that the world economy needs further steps to boost growth in the short term.....snip~

WTF.....Obama agress with the IMF that the World Economy Needs further steps to boost growth in the short term? What the hell does that mean? Hey, how about telling the IMF to kiss our ass. Let them Boost the World Economy quickly. Does this mean the IMF wants Military engagements to be started and ended quicker than 6 months?
Obama should be telling them we have our own Economy to worry about. We cannot worry about the World's. At the same time.....he should be telling the IMF to start paying back those loans they got from the US.

The IMF says there is no World recession. They are not expecting one. Are these guys fricken blind?
The US is going into depression. Save all that shit about a double dip recession. We are in a recession. Which we are told has it's ups and downs. Great, good to know. But when you hear double dip recession. Thats just nice verbal terminology that the shit has hit the fan. This is just our country. Then the England is going into hyper-inflation. The EU is a total mess. We have the P.I.G.S. all with the IMF bailouts. Then there are the F.I.B.S. Irland and Scotland economies have tanked already. France is being down-graded with the Triple A rating and are up next with the IMF bailout. After the French are done then it will be the Brits turn. Who as stated are into hyper-inflation. They have raised corporate taxes and now admit they weree wrong on their projections.

Asian economies have tanked. Japan, Phillipines, and S. Korea. Mexico and most of Central America is at economic collapse. Where do they see this World Economy? Looks like most of the World is recessing. Well except for the Sunni. I doubt they can carry the World's economies. Thoughts? >:(

Conley
08-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Obama...where do I start. It's like he doesn't even give a squirt about unemployment. Recession, depression, tax reform, blah blah...how about making sure people have jobs, something, anything? Because even when the stock market goes up to 12, 13, 14 or oil comes down to under $100 or any of your bs economic indicators look good, fact is people are struggling badly. Unemployment is back up over 10% here. Many can't even find work and he hires the guy at GE who outsourced so many to be part of economic development. Food prices have gone up on average something like 10% alone in this past year. Things have gotten bad and everything we are being told is that this is how it going to be from now on. I think this is the 'new normal'. :-\

Conley
08-28-2011, 08:32 AM
Polls show Americans are most concerned about three things: their jobs, their homes, and their health care. Makes sense when you think about it.

Obama hasn't done anything to help any of that stuff. Let the mortgage fraud guys walk, health care reform was no reform at all, just more money into the pockets of big insurance from small business, and jobs are all still being out of the country. Meanwhile he tries to make things like Libya etc. the main story. Hey Mr. President no one wants to hear about your illegal war, we care about having food on our tables and a roof over our heads! >:(

MMC
08-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Polls show Americans are most concerned about three things: their jobs, their homes, and their health care. Makes sense when you think about it.

Obama hasn't done anything to help any of that stuff. Let the mortgage fraud guys walk, health care reform was no reform at all, just more money into the pockets of big insurance from small business, and jobs are all still being out of the country. Meanwhile he tries to make things like Libya etc. the main story. Hey Mr. President no one wants to hear about your illegal war, we care about having food on our tables and a roof over our heads! >:(

I agree with you but I am tired of hearing about this Global Economy that just doesnt exist. One can see the IMF is full of nothing but hot air. So instead of us letting them bail evrybody out in the EU. How bout we get them to pay back all the money we gave them? Then lets see if they will be so quick to say something about the US. >:( ;)

Pendragon
08-28-2011, 12:36 PM

Methinks the President does not have as much power as you would wish to believe. That belief is typical of Americans, so do not feel too badly.

I maintain Obama is just as concerned about the poor, sick, and needy as any other American. He is not heartless, he is just fighting an uphill battle against those who would end all social programs to increase their own wealth.

Conley
08-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Thanks, I won't. ;D

What evidence do you or anyone else have to support the theory that Obama cares about helping the less fortunate? Do you know him personally? A mind reader? How can you assume so much of both Democrats and Republicans? Seems there is more of an overlap than you realize. There are those in both parties who are there not to serve but to prosper. Greed doesn't stop at the aisle. Think about it. 8)