PDA

View Full Version : How do we support the soldier without glorifying the war?

donttread
05-25-2015, 06:50 PM
The dilemma for those of us who question the validity, necessity and justification of our recent wars is this:
How do we support these soldiers, kids who signed up in good faith to do what they thought was best for their country without supporting the assholes who put them in harms way unnecessarily ?
How do we support today's soldier without glorying war to tomorrow's would be soldiers?

Perhaps we tell young teens the plain truth. Honor the young man or young woman down the road who served but understand their patriotism was used as a tool by people in power so they could profit from wars that did not need to be fought.

GRUMPY
05-25-2015, 06:52 PM
son you are a complete tool.....

Captain Obvious
05-25-2015, 07:00 PM
son you are a complete tool.....

It's a valid question pops. If that's all you can manage to input then that speaks volumes about your insight.

donttread
05-25-2015, 07:04 PM
It's a valid question pops. If that's all you can manage to input then that speaks volumes about your insight.

That's how he always answers when he has no real argument to make. Like here. If he had a better answer he'd of stated it

Captain Obvious
05-25-2015, 07:06 PM
That's how he always answers when he has no real argument to make. Like here. If he had a better answer he'd of stated it

It's a fair question that I and probably a lot of other people consider.

Ransom
05-25-2015, 07:21 PM
=how do I despise my country while pretending to support those who fight for it?

Captain Obvious
05-25-2015, 07:23 PM
=how do I despise my country while pretending to support those who fight for it?

Gotta bit of jingo on your chin...

zelmo1234
05-25-2015, 07:48 PM
The answer is rather simple? Love!, Respect, and Honor! I think that if you just can manage 2 out of 3 they will be thrilled.

zelmo1234
05-25-2015, 07:53 PM
And of course my answer above is why the left have such a hard time with the military.

Because they truly believe that there is no good and evil, right or wrong, they can't justify fighting for anything.

Many honestly and truly believe that if we leave others alone, they will leave us alone, but history shows that this assumption is wrong and dangerous.

I am especially appalled that someone would post this travesty of a question on a day when we should be honoring those that understand that there are things, nations and people not only worth fighting for, but worth dying for.

That is the long answer. and the writer of the OP should be ashamed of himself

GRUMPY
05-25-2015, 07:54 PM

no son it is not and you are a tool as well....

PolWatch
05-25-2015, 07:58 PM
I think today is the appropriate day to post something like this. To allow our young people to be sacrificed for nothing is what is disgusting. To allow people to wave a flag & lie to our youth is disgusting.

The best thing we can do is make sure that anyone that serves this nation is actually serving the nation and not corporate interests, the CIA or the ego of Rambo-wanna-bes.

GrassrootsConservative
05-25-2015, 07:59 PM
GRUMPY, how come 3/4 the time when I see a post from you, you're calling someone either a tool or son? Or both. What gives?

Captain Obvious
05-25-2015, 08:00 PM
no son it is not and you are a tool as well....

Then I am a tool.

Captain Obvious
05-25-2015, 08:00 PM
GRUMPY, how come 3/4 the time when I see a post from you, you're calling someone either a tool or son? Or both. What gives?

Don't be a tool, son.

Captain Obvious
05-25-2015, 08:02 PM
I today is the appropriate day to post something like this. To allow our young people to be sacrificed for nothing is what is disgusting. To allow people to wave a flag & lie to our youth is disgusting.

The best thing we can do is make sure that anyone that serves this nation is actually serving the nation and not corporate interests, the CIA or the ego of Rambo-wanna-bes.

:applause::applause::applause:

"We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies"

Iron Maiden

zelmo1234
05-25-2015, 08:04 PM
I today is the appropriate day to post something like this. To allow our young people to be sacrificed for nothing is what is disgusting. To allow people to wave a flag & lie to our youth is disgusting.

Makes you wonder why the left has such a problem with the military? You don't understand that it is a sacrifice, and one they are happy to make, but it is not for the politicians, or the CIA, or the commanders, or even against those that they are told are the enemy.

You see they made the sacrifice for you, and for you to have the right to disrespect them on a day that was designed to honor them. That is why you will never understand the and why liberals will only have about 15% of the military that support them.

PolWatch
05-25-2015, 08:10 PM
BS. You are welcome to waste your children for nothing, I'm not. I don't think any American who cares about this nation is willing to see American lives wasted just so people like you can spout words like sacrifice.

Captain Obvious
05-25-2015, 08:14 PM
BS. You are welcome to waste your children for nothing, I'm not. I don't think any American who cares about this nation is willing to see American lives wasted just so people like you can spout words like sacrifice.

I have a bad eye, I'd be legally blind if I lost sight in my other eye.

The local eye doc was a friend of my moms, got me my drivers license without having to wear glasses which I didn't up until maybe 4 years ago. He also told my mom that if I ever get drafted to come see him, he'd get me out of the service.

I never thought about that much for a long time until not too long ago, for sentimental reasons I guess. But, in hindsight I wish I would have served. I think it would have disciplined me more for life, I really wasn't ready for it earlier on in some ways. In some ways I was overly successful though, but I never had consistency and I wonder if serving would have given me that.

PolWatch
05-25-2015, 08:18 PM
I believe that Israel has the right idea....every citizen should serve their nation in some capacity. However, I don't believe in wasting our young people by waving flags & telling lies. We need better quality people making the decisions about using our youth. Just because a politician can mount an advertising campaign and get everyone riled up does not mean its a worthy use of American lives.

btw: if the American military hates my guts for my opinions....fine. I hope they live many years to hate me.

zelmo1234
05-25-2015, 08:20 PM

We are talking about honoring them, not the polices that you don't like! You see you can't separate the 2.

Like it or not these young men and women believe in the Ideas and principles found in the declaration and the constitution, The take and oath not to protect the USA, or it's people, but the Constitution and it's principles.

This is important to them, The fact that the left speaks poorly of them, the country and fights against the principles outline in the constitution is the exact reason that only a few support the Democratic party.

zelmo1234
05-25-2015, 08:22 PM
I believe that Israel has the right idea....every citizen should serve their nation in some capacity. However, I don't believe in wasting our young people by waving flags & telling lies. We need better quality people making the decisions about using our youth. Just because a politician can mount an advertising campaign and get everyone riled up does not mean its a worthy use of American lives.

btw: if the American military hates my guts for my opinions....fine. I hope they live many years to hate me.

And this is the difference, they don't hate you, they are wiling to die so your are free to have your opinions.

That is why they deserve your Love, Respect and Honor, or at least 2 out of 3

PolWatch
05-25-2015, 08:25 PM
I honor them by doing everything I can to see that they are kept alive. I honor them by making sure my voice is heard demanding that they not be sacrificed for nothing. I don't believe in wearing a flag pin & offering hollow 'thank you for your service' and then turning my back on them.

fyi: this is one of the ways my husband & I both work for America's vets. I think its much more productive than a flag pin:
http://www.helmetstohardhats.org/

del
05-25-2015, 08:28 PM
And of course my answer above is why the left have such a hard time with the military.

Because they truly believe that there is no good and evil, right or wrong, they can't justify fighting for anything.

Many honestly and truly believe that if we leave others alone, they will leave us alone, but history shows that this assumption is wrong and dangerous.

I am especially appalled that someone would post this travesty of a question on a day when we should be honoring those that understand that there are things, nations and people not only worth fighting for, but worth dying for.

That is the long answer. and the writer of the OP should be ashamed of himself

tell us about your service

GrassrootsConservative
05-25-2015, 08:29 PM
It just sucks that so many Liberal politicians like Bush and Obama have to get us involved in this shit.

We're involved in one of the longest wars in American history with people that dress like fucking genies.

Makes no sense.

GRUMPY
05-25-2015, 08:30 PM

all of you are son and most of you are tools....son...

zelmo1234
05-25-2015, 08:30 PM
I honor them by doing everything I can to see that they are kept alive. I honor them by making sure my voice is heard demanding that they not be sacrificed for nothing. I don't believe in wearing a flag pin & offering hollow 'thank you for your service' and then turning my back on them.

fyi: this is one of the ways my husband & I both work for America's vets. I think its much more productive than a flag pin:

http://www.helmetstohardhats.org/

That is a GREAT way to honor them. But just because your Thank You for your service is Hollow, does not mean that every one feels that way.

And your distain for the policies that puts them in harms way is perfectly fine. Blaming them for the actions of those that they serve is what I just don't understand.

I too have issues with how and where we send our military to fight! But I can separate the Soldier from the politician.

PolWatch
05-25-2015, 08:31 PM
welcome to year 15 of the Bush/Obama presidency.....

zelmo1234
05-25-2015, 08:32 PM

While I suspect that you and I have many similar beliefs, I have decided to give as much respect to others as I possible, can.

Son and tool, are just designed to be inflammatory, and that is counter productive and a waste of time.

Do you get that Boy?

GrassrootsConservative
05-25-2015, 08:32 PM

Your namecalling doesn't even bother me enough to report it given that I've never seen a good enough post from you to merit your words having any sort of impact on me. I may put you on ignore to get you out of the way of actual conversation, but that wouldn't even have to be you. Could be anybody that doesn't offer even a hair of substance in their posts.

del
05-25-2015, 08:33 PM
i'm a mindless asshat....son...

no shit, pops

zelmo1234
05-25-2015, 08:34 PM
tell us about your service

I think that we all know that I have not served in the Military, though I have been of service to them.

Why is it now a requirement to serve in the Military to Honor them?

PolWatch
05-25-2015, 08:34 PM
That is a GREAT way to honor them. But just because your Thank You for your service is Hollow, does not mean that every one feels that way.

And your distain for the policies that puts them in harms way is perfectly fine. Blaming them for the actions of those that they serve is what I just don't understand.

I too have issues with how and where we send our military to fight! But I can separate the Soldier from the politician.

wait a minute...you are the one who accused the OP & I of being disrespectful of our military because we object to the waste of American lives. In fact you might want to read the OP...where is asks how to SUPPORT THE SOLDIER....without glorifying the war. It helps to know what you are objecting to before you climb on the soapbox.

GrassrootsConservative
05-25-2015, 08:35 PM
welcome to year 15 of the Bush/Obama presidency.....

Coming up on 15 years of war, too.

Interesting how that works.

I wonder if the next president will actually do something. Something. Anything.

PolWatch
05-25-2015, 08:37 PM
Coming up on 15 years of war, too.

Interesting how that works.

I wonder if the next president will actually do something. Something. Anything.

I would like to think that we will eventually have someone with half a brain....but I'm not getting my hopes up.

GrassrootsConservative
05-25-2015, 08:38 PM
Yes, that does seem like quite the pipe dream.

del
05-25-2015, 08:39 PM
I think that we all know that I have not served in the Military, though I have been of service to them.

Why is it now a requirement to serve in the Military to Honor them?

i'm always amused by people who have never served telling others how they should "love, honor and respect" service members, while claiming *leftists* hate the military.

if i hate it so much, why did i serve 25 years while you sat it out?

and now you have the balls to lecture others?

you really are despicable

zelmo1234
05-25-2015, 08:40 PM
wait a minute...you are the one who accused the OP & I of being disrespectful of our military because we object to the waste of American lives. In fact you might want to read the OP...where is asks how to SUPPORT THE SOLDIER....without glorifying the war. It helps to know what you are objecting to before you climb on the soapbox.

And the answer is still the same, you love honor and respect the soldier, Understand that they went to wherever they were sent and follow orders because they thought that by doing so you would be safe.

So you do not have to support the politicians and leaders that use the military as a political tool, and bye the bye, militaries have been political tools since the beginning of time

So extending a hand of friendship and Thanking a Soldier or giving one a hug or paying for their lunch and Thanking them for serving you, Has nothing to do with your support of the politicians that are pulling the strings.

That is the difference.

Captain Obvious
05-25-2015, 08:42 PM
i'm always amused by people who have never served telling others how they should "love, honor and respect" service members, while claiming *leftists* hate the military.

I'm guessing it was the shit-on-a-shingle that kept you there.

zelmo1234
05-25-2015, 08:43 PM

And while you and I agree on very little politically, I can truly Thank You for serving your country, and why would I not. You see it is not a qualifying basis of my support of the Military that we believe the same way.

What I am trying to say and apparently failing, is supporting the soldier is not, nor should it ever mean that you support the War!

So because some can't separate the 2, they don't support either. That I believe is disrespectful.

zelmo1234
05-25-2015, 08:45 PM
I'm guessing it was the $#@!-on-a-shingle that kept you there.

Why would it matter, Del I believe is telling us that he served in the Military for 25 years, and that is enough is it not?

del
05-25-2015, 08:46 PM
I'm guessing it was the shit-on-a-shingle that kept you there.

boat rides

lots and lots of boat rides :)

Captain Obvious
05-25-2015, 08:50 PM
boat rides

lots and lots of boat rides :)

They have those here in Erie, they call them "walleye charters".

:biglaugh:

Captain Obvious
05-25-2015, 08:50 PM
Why would it matter, Del I believe is telling us that he served in the Military for 25 years, and that is enough is it not?

Wisecrack.

Have a beer, or 12

zelmo1234
05-25-2015, 08:52 PM
Wisecrack.

Have a beer, or 12

Can't Burp! mind if I have a Scotch instead :)

Captain Obvious
05-25-2015, 08:57 PM
Can't Burp! mind if I have a Scotch instead :)

Just stay away from that Vat 69 shit

The Xl
05-25-2015, 09:14 PM
You're part of the machine that sends these kids to die for nothing. You have blood on your hands just like the psychopaths that run the country do, make no mistake about that

donttread
05-26-2015, 05:36 AM

More like how do I support those well meaning kids who are already in the military while not becoming part of the glorification of war culture that helps send thousands more to their deaths, or physical or mental disability.

donttread
05-26-2015, 05:37 AM
You're part of the machine that sends these kids to die for nothing. You have blood on your hands just like the psychopaths that run the country do, make no mistake about that

Didn't see this before my last post, you put it better than I

donttread
05-26-2015, 05:41 AM
Makes you wonder why the left has such a problem with the military? You don't understand that it is a sacrifice, and one they are happy to make, but it is not for the politicians, or the CIA, or the commanders, or even against those that they are told are the enemy.

You see they made the sacrifice for you, and for you to have the right to disrespect them on a day that was designed to honor them. That is why you will never understand the and why liberals will only have about 15% of the military that support them.

Nobody who died in Iraq died for me. They thought they were because we glorify war to them as the grow up. But I was never in any danger. They died for political gain and Exxon profits. Period!

donttread
05-26-2015, 05:43 AM

Well put

donttread
05-26-2015, 05:47 AM

Yes, but can you separate the soldier from being part of the machine that sends the next generation of soldiers to their deaths? That is this thread's point

donttread
05-26-2015, 05:49 AM
And the answer is still the same, you love honor and respect the soldier, Understand that they went to wherever they were sent and follow orders because they thought that by doing so you would be safe.

So you do not have to support the politicians and leaders that use the military as a political tool, and bye the bye, militaries have been political tools since the beginning of time

So extending a hand of friendship and Thanking a Soldier or giving one a hug or paying for their lunch and Thanking them for serving you, Has nothing to do with your support of the politicians that are pulling the strings.

That is the difference.

But how do we communicate our disdain for war to the next soldiers in line at the same time?

zelmo1234
05-26-2015, 06:19 AM
Nobody who died in Iraq died for me. They thought they were because we glorify war to them as the grow up. But I was never in any danger. They died for political gain and Exxon profits. Period!

Really I wonder if any of the people in the towers on 911 thought they were in danger, or a the Boston Marithon, or Fort Hood. While Iraq did not have a part in 911, there is NO denying that he was a safe haven for terrorist, and as far as the Cheap Oil for Exxon? Where is it!

If you think think that WMD's were a myth, please show where the war was fought for cheap oil?

zelmo1234
05-26-2015, 06:22 AM
Yes, but can you separate the soldier from being part of the machine that sends the next generation of soldiers to their deaths? That is this thread's point

Why can't you. It is no harder than Separating a Taxi Driver from giving a ride to a home where the person later that night commits a crime. And you Democrats are great at separating things, for example Hillary is really a piece of Crap as a person, and yet you support her for president.

I think what you are struggling with? Is that you do not want to separate the two

zelmo1234
05-26-2015, 06:26 AM
But how do we communicate our disdain for war to the next soldiers in line at the same time?

Why do you have to! Your distain for war should be communicated to the Politicians that send them to war.

A strong Military is not a weapon of war, but a weapon of peace. The fact that Russia and the USA can totally wipe out the world, has been of that, as it has kept the conflicts to these regional scrimmages.

The people that serve in the Military in the USA have chosen to do so! And they are their to protect you, weather you ask for it or not. When the politicians send them to a place and tell them these are the people that are a danger to your friends and family and neighbors back home, They are just doing their job! and they should be honored for it

donttread
05-26-2015, 01:09 PM
Really I wonder if any of the people in the towers on 911 thought they were in danger, or a the Boston Marithon, or Fort Hood. While Iraq did not have a part in 911, there is NO denying that he was a safe haven for terrorist, and as far as the Cheap Oil for Exxon? Where is it!

If you think think that WMD's were a myth, please show where the war was fought for cheap oil?

Iraq was irrelevent to those attacks. Period. Afghanistan was for a while a justifyable war because they truly harbored the perpetrators but then when AQ left town we stayed to make war of the Taliban who were only in power we because of our war games with the Russians in the 80's. Saddam was threatening to sell oil in non US dollars. You do know he was just as big as bastard a few years earlier when he was "our boy" , right? So what really changed. And as for 9/11 , how did we not even have harsh words with our Suadi overlords who birthed 80% of the attackers?

donttread
05-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Why can't you. It is no harder than Separating a Taxi Driver from giving a ride to a home where the person later that night commits a crime. And you Democrats are great at separating things, for example Hillary is really a piece of Crap as a person, and yet you support her for president.

I think what you are struggling with? Is that you do not want to separate the two

Read more of the thread before you comment

Ivan88
05-26-2015, 02:00 PM
"How do we support the soldier without glorifying the war?"

Simple problem, but our social egos in love with doctrines and traditions "that make the Word of God of none effect" make it very difficult to carry out. (Mark 7:13)

1. Truth. Confess our guilt in having the war. Arrest all the liar politicians, newsmedia cheerleaders, war profiteers, vicious military officers and personel who planned, advocated, committed the wrongs;

2. Those who were harmed by the war should be compensated, and that includes soldiers who did no wrongs, especially the ones that complained about our wrong actions, and were bumped off one way or another;

3. Turn US policy into American policy as per our Declaration of Independence “to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them,”and to have “a decent respect to the opinions of mankind”.

PattyHill
05-26-2015, 02:19 PM
I think today is the appropriate day to post something like this. To allow our young people to be sacrificed for nothing is what is disgusting. To allow people to wave a flag & lie to our youth is disgusting.

Absolutely. I think Zelmo isn't "getting it".

Plenty of Dems voted for the war in Iraq, as so many on this site are happy to point out. War is rarely a dem/repub thing.

Honoring those who fought doesn't mean we have to honor the fight they were in. It's sad that we have wasted our young men and women in fights that we just shouldn't have been in. And Memorial Day is absolutely the right day to think about that.

PattyHill
05-26-2015, 02:21 PM
We are talking about honoring them, not the polices that you don't like! You see you can't separate the 2.

Like it or not these young men and women believe in the Ideas and principles found in the declaration and the constitution, The take and oath not to protect the USA, or it's people, but the Constitution and it's principles.

This is important to them, The fact that the left speaks poorly of them, the country and fights against the principles outline in the constitution is the exact reason that only a few support the Democratic party.

Zelmo, you are saying the same thing PolWatch is saying. The left does NOT talk poorly about our soldiers; we talk poorly about people who send them to fight in a place they shouldn't be.

That you don't see that surprises me.

Bob
05-26-2015, 02:22 PM
Absolutely. I think Zelmo isn't "getting it".

Plenty of Dems voted for the war in Iraq, as so many on this site are happy to point out. War is rarely a dem/repub thing.

Honoring those who fought doesn't mean we have to honor the fight they were in. It's sad that we have wasted our young men and women in fights that we just shouldn't have been in. And Memorial Day is absolutely the right day to think about that.

Good grief. Most wars America were in were not honorable wars.

PattyHill
05-26-2015, 02:25 PM

I agree with you, Bob.

Bob
05-26-2015, 02:25 PM
Zelmo, you are saying the same thing PolWatch is saying. The left does NOT talk poorly about our soldiers; we talk poorly about people who send them to fight in a place they shouldn't be.

That you don't see that surprises me.

Why did Obama put troops into

1. Afghanistan
2. Iraq
3 And Ukraine

Bob
05-26-2015, 02:27 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Bob http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=1107516#post1107516)

I agree with you, Bob.

I agree with you, Bob.

I agree with you, Bob.
I agree with you, Bob.

Looks good. May be the only time I get to read that. LOL

PattyHill
05-26-2015, 03:22 PM
I agree with you, Bob.

I agree with you, Bob.
I agree with you, Bob.

Looks good. May be the only time I get to read that. LOL

ROFL! We should frame it!

Archer0915
05-26-2015, 03:28 PM

Actually I think you got it wrong there... just a little. Well perhaps the premise of the OP is being misinterpreted because of the way it was worded.

How about "How the hell do I show my disdain for the actions of my governmental misuse of the military without attacking those who are just doing their jobs."

Bob
05-26-2015, 03:32 PM

Exxon profits? China got the oil.

Mac-7
05-26-2015, 04:16 PM
but understand their patriotism was used as a tool by people in power so they could profit from wars that did not need to be fought.

That's only your warped opinion.

we can argue that the Iraq war was badly executed and premature.

in hindsight there were better ways to handle it.

but you think we fought it only to make rich people richer?

thats bullshit.

I hope young men will always care enough about America to answer the call for duty and not believe the lies of people who try to talk them down.

southwest88
05-26-2015, 05:42 PM

Good, that's a worthwhile discussion. I think national service is a worthy idea - & as noted elsewhere here - the gap between the experiences of our military & our civilians & politicians is becoming wider & wider. I believe it's dangerous for the polity to completely professionalize the military. Just as the courts operate through the concept of a "jury of your peers", it's dangerous to leave all the military/politico decisions solely to our legislators.

The concept of citizen-soldier may not be a happy one for the Pentagon - but that's what the Constitution calls for - the military is subordinate to civilian control. Yah, we need to revisit K-12 public school - we need a better grasp of US history & politics. We also need to reform our media - the current track will lead to the demise of the print media shortly - & I don't think the 24/7 e-media are up to the tasks envisioned in the Constitution for a free media.

Ransom
05-26-2015, 05:53 PM
Actually I think you got it wrong there... just a little. Well perhaps the premise of the OP is being misinterpreted because of the way it was worded.

How about "How the hell do I show my disdain for the actions of my governmental misuse of the military without attacking those who are just doing their jobs."

Much better. Answer: By showing consistency with my vote, not allowing my principles to be compromised.

For example. Obama surged in Afghanistan. Using the same tactics and even same personnel Bush used in Iraq. He built a huge prison, he detained prisoners without habeas. He left Gitmo open when that was once the primary source for jihadists hate risking GI's lives. And he was re-elected. Using policies of occupation, blockade, sanction, and drone strikes on even American Citizens, where is the same outrage? It simply does not exist.

Ransom
05-26-2015, 05:55 PM

He only knows one company and of course it's US. Let him rant, we're having fun.

donttread
05-26-2015, 06:02 PM

True. But now that we are aware of that has a people we need to make sure we stop the glorification of war as a societal practice. I for one don't want to contribute to some 18 year old signing up too kill and die for that we have falsely promoted

donttread
05-26-2015, 06:05 PM
Put it this way, while many of you support these wars half a world away how many of you would advise your own son or daughter, grandchild or sibling to enlist and do tours in Iraq?

Mac-7
05-26-2015, 06:47 PM
Put it this way, while many of you support these wars half a world away how many of you would advise your own son or daughter, grandchild or sibling to enlist and do tours in Iraq?

Its rumored that ALMOST every soldier serving in Iraq had a mother.

And being patriots most of them had fathers too.

Archer0915
05-26-2015, 06:52 PM
True. But now that we are aware of that has a people we need to make sure we stop the glorification of war as a societal practice. I for one don't want to contribute to some 18 year old signing up too kill and die for that we have falsely promoted

Oh hell I signed up in my 20s just to go kill people. Shit I wanted to kill so bad they got rid of me. Those bastards.

donttread
05-27-2015, 06:23 AM
Oh hell I signed up in my 20s just to go kill people. Shit I wanted to kill so bad they got rid of me. Those bastards.

Then they did good. You really have to question those that sign up after full frontal lobe development. Them I don't feel quite so bad for

donttread
05-27-2015, 06:24 AM
Its rumored that ALMOST every soldier serving in Iraq had a mother.

And being patriots most of them had fathers too.

Many of whom accepted their children's choice to enter war because they falsely believe the war was justified. We now know better

donttread
05-27-2015, 06:26 AM

OK Haliburton profits.

Mac-7
05-27-2015, 06:34 AM
Many of whom accepted their children's choice to enter war because they falsely believe the war was justified. We now know better

Soldiers sign up to serve their country.

Although the Iraq war got all the attention America had world-wide responsibilities.

Soldiers (or at least the good ones) do not pick and choose when they will do their duty and when they won't.

Ransom
05-27-2015, 07:34 AM
Knew many Cats from Haliburton. Sharp.

Bob
05-27-2015, 12:01 PM
OK Haliburton profits.

I bet if i ask you as the expert on this, to explain the deal Clinton and Halliburton made, you have no clue. Tip to you. Study LOGCAP

Bob
05-27-2015, 12:04 PM
Knew many Cats from Haliburton. Sharp.

I once worked for a large construction firm. As the left started poor-mouthing Halliburton, I decided to check out the company. What I learned is that the company sells to the oil industry a lot of things. Such as drill tips for the drills used to drill wells.

I also looked into LOGCAP

I have printed out tons of stuff showing that Halliburton is actually a very good company. The left wingers are shrill and since they don't understand, they howl like banshees.

Peter1469
05-27-2015, 01:23 PM
I bet if i ask you as the expert on this, to explain the deal Clinton and Halliburton made, you have no clue. Tip to you. Study LOGCAP

That was a competed contract. There was no deal between Clinton and Halliburton.

Bob
05-27-2015, 01:27 PM
That was a competed contract. There was no deal between Clinton and Halliburton.

I say Clinton as his administration as they say Bush as to his. Clinton's team at the Army Corps of Engineers picked Halliburton.

Private Pickle
05-27-2015, 01:35 PM
The dilemma for those of us who question the validity, necessity and justification of our recent wars is this:
How do we support these soldiers, kids who signed up in good faith to do what they thought was best for their country without supporting the assholes who put them in harms way unnecessarily ?
How do we support today's soldier without glorying war to tomorrow's would be soldiers?

Perhaps we tell young teens the plain truth. Honor the young man or young woman down the road who served but understand their patriotism was used as a tool by people in power so they could profit from wars that did not need to be fought.

I think it's pretty simple if you look at it from the soldier's perspective. They are simply fighting for the lives of the guys next to him....not for foreign policy or oil or oppression or anything else.

For the guys on the ground it's all about the guy next to them.

donttread
05-27-2015, 03:42 PM
I once worked for a large construction firm. As the left started poor-mouthing Halliburton, I decided to check out the company. What I learned is that the company sells to the oil industry a lot of things. Such as drill tips for the drills used to drill wells.

I also looked into LOGCAP

I have printed out tons of stuff showing that Halliburton is actually a very good company. The left wingers are shrill and since they don't understand, they howl like banshees.

A good company that what tripled there value with war prifits

Bob
05-27-2015, 03:52 PM
A good company that what tripled there value with war prifits

Look into LOGCAP

This limits profits.

donttread
05-28-2015, 05:42 AM
I think it's pretty simple if you look at it from the soldier's perspective. They are simply fighting for the lives of the guys next to him....not for foreign policy or oil or oppression or anything else.

For the guys on the ground it's all about the guy next to them.

For me it's all about not having that soldier and the guy next to him fighting for each other's lives until and unless our homeland is under attack

zelmo1234
05-28-2015, 07:11 AM
For me it's all about not having that soldier and the guy next to him fighting for each other's lives until and unless our homeland is under attack

And yet history has proven if you let Evil grow to the point where the homeland is under attack, many, many, many more young soldiers will die.

Evil should be confronted and yes that would be our Western definition of Evil. Sorry the Axix powers lost the last War, they do not get to define Evil.

Now I am totally and completely against this police action BS, that just endangers the lives of our young men. when it gets to the point where a nation or group like ISIS needs to be confronted you start killing people and breaking stuff until the people cry for mercy and give up. And yes I am cruel and don't care if civilians get caught up in the crossfire, War by definition is Hell on earth, and you start bombing and killing until they are ready to give up the fight.

Then if they have resources like oil you take that over until such a time that they have paid back the cost, only fixing the oil production, They can worry about the rest of the country.

Then you leave! letting the people know that if they start that shit again it will be much, much worse.

Lineman
05-28-2015, 07:38 AM
My best answer is do just what you have done here, spell it out for them so they can make informed decisions. Most kids joining these days are looking at the signing bonus, and free education they get, the handouts.

Private Pickle
05-28-2015, 11:42 AM

Sure but that isn't what you asked.

donttread
05-29-2015, 04:51 AM
Sure but that isn't what you asked.

Close I guess.

Private Pickle
05-29-2015, 08:38 AM
Close I guess.

You asked how you support the soldier in the field and I told you. But then you wanted to argue about he old guys that send them to war.

You don't HAVE to support the troops...

Private Pickle
05-29-2015, 08:38 AM
You asked how you support the soldier in the field and I told you. But then you wanted to argue about the old guys that send them to war.

You don't HAVE to support the troops...