PDA

View Full Version : How Both Parties Bankrupted America

Chris
07-17-2012, 02:31 PM
"Both parties have equally participated in abandoning the limited role of the federal government," says Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Oklahoma), whose new book, The Debt Bomb: A Bold Plan to Stop Washington from Bankrupting Our Economy, argues that Republicans and Democrats together have brought the U.S. to the brink of fiscal calamity.

...Coburn, who's known in the senate as "Dr. No" for vetoing almost all new spending initiatives, says the federal budget is rife with "waste, fraud, and duplication." In 2006, Coburn co-sponsored legislation that created USASpending.gov, which makes publicly accessible a list of all recipients of government funds. In 2010, Coburn was instrumental in getting the Government Accountability Office to undertake researching and documenting wasteful government programs....

From How Both Parties Bankrupted America (http://reason.com/blog/2012/07/17/sen-tom-coburn-how-both-parties-bankrupt).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NnRdk0btBGc#!

Go Dr No!!

Captain Obvious
07-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Agreed, completely.

Legislation is far too often agenda driven, not long-run benefit driven.

wingrider
07-17-2012, 06:03 PM
hell I have known this since bush was president,, Bush screwed the pooch and Obama doubled down,,

Captain Obvious
07-17-2012, 06:06 PM
hell I have known this since bush was president,, Bush screwed the pooch and Obama doubled down,,

Right, but more often you will see finger pointing at the legislative level and mud slinging at the voter level.

And at the end of the day, deficits grow as we inch closer to a European style collapse.

And I have no doubt that, to some degree it's heading our way.

wingrider
07-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Right, but more often you will see finger pointing at the legislative level and mud slinging at the voter level.

And at the end of the day, deficits grow as we inch closer to a European style collapse.

And I have no doubt that, to some degree it's heading our way.

OH yeah man I hear ya... stock up now.. things are gonna get rough come sept and oct..

Trinnity
07-17-2012, 06:36 PM
And every bit of the mess we're in could have been prevented. I've never seen such a waste of EVERYTHING in my life or in history. Damn them all.

We let them do it. We trusted them too much.

wingrider
07-17-2012, 06:51 PM
And every bit of the mess we're in could have been prevented. I've never seen such a waste of EVERYTHING in my life or in history. Damn them all.

spot on... we trusted them to represent us and all they did was screw us over while lining their own pockets,,

Chris
07-17-2012, 06:59 PM
Amen!

Goldie Locks
07-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Tax to prosperity, spend to wealth??? Let me know when that works.

JohnAdams
07-17-2012, 09:13 PM

Precisely. WE LET THEM DO IT. If collapse happens we have no one else but ourselves to blame.

For trusting without verifying, and for continuing to support and elect the very thieves everyone now wants to point the finger at and blame.

Mainecoons
07-18-2012, 06:50 AM
I'll post this link here too. Take a minute and look at this and the graphs. It really shows how government drives inflation:

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.mx/2012/07/what-role-does-government-play-in-price.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+MishsGlobalEconomicTrendAnalysi s+(Mish's+Global+Economic+Trend+Analysis)

Chris
07-18-2012, 07:55 AM
I'll post this link here too. Take a minute and look at this and the graphs. It really shows how government drives inflation:

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.mx/2012/07/what-role-does-government-play-in-price.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+MishsGlobalEconomicTrendAnalysi s+(Mish's+Global+Economic+Trend+Analysis)

Worse than one would expect, even though experiencing it, because it's gradual, incremental.

Inflation, just another form of taxation.

bajisima
07-18-2012, 09:11 AM
We as Americans allowed them to bankrupt us. We get too involved in sound bites and who would you rather have a beer with while the sad fact is more than half of our population doesn't know what a founding father is. Speaks volumes about why people vote for who they do.

birddog
07-18-2012, 09:18 AM

My Dad used to say, "they are all a bunch of dirty son-ge-bitches! Lot of merit that.