PDA

View Full Version : Obama vows to make Texas a 'battleground state'

Smartmouthwoman
07-17-2012, 02:49 PM
The man is more delusional than we thought. There's not enough ghettos and gay bars in Texas to qualify us as a blue state. Check out this short clip and notice his eyes. I swear, the man's on drugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ttlYbZjDA2g

Obama vows to make Texas a battleground state
(http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-vows-to-make-texas-a-battleground-state/article/2502379)July 17, 2012

Speaking to supporters in Texas today, President Obama vowed that he would make Texas a battleground state.

“You know, you’re not considered one of the battleground states,” he said, speaking in front of the Texas state flag. “Although that’s going to be changing soon.”

During the speech, Obama criticized Romney’s support of the Arizona immigration law and promoted his own immigration policy for young illegal immigrants.

“I believe we can secure our borders, and give opportunities to people who are striving and working hard,” Obama said reminding the crowd that he was “going forward.”

He need to go forward alright... right back where he came from.

Chris
07-17-2012, 03:28 PM
I can't see TX turning blue. There is the liberal Austin, somewhat liberal San Antonio, not sure Houston, but the rest the state's red as red can be.

head of joaquin
07-17-2012, 03:47 PM
The democraphics of Texas are more and more Democratic. Maybe not in this election, but as time passes, Texas will be Democratic. But that's true of almost every red state. The narrowness of the GOP's agenda for the rich and racists has simply doomed conservatives to irrelevancy in a few years. That's why Texas, and all red states, rely more and more on voter suppression to win. In an election where most people vote, Republican lose even in red states.

I expect the GOP will devolve to a marginal regional party, situated in the Old South, within a decade or two. A perfect end to a corrupt and intellectually bankrupt party.

Shoot the Goose
07-17-2012, 03:56 PM
You bring to mind one of the greatest thinkers that the world has ever known.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

-Albert Einstein

MMC
07-17-2012, 04:09 PM
His thinking is he will try and go after the Caucus part of the Texas Vote. Believing he will be able to pull the numbers from the Hispanic Vote to put him over the Top. Thinking he will get more people on the ground in Texas than Romney.

One way to tell for sure is on how many Commercials he starts running thru Texas.

Mainecoons
07-17-2012, 04:12 PM
I don't suppose you'd care to post a credible analysis supporting this interesting opinion, would you? :grin:

The democraphics of Texas are more and more Democratic. Maybe not in this election, but as time passes, Texas will be Democratic. But that's true of almost every red state. The narrowness of the GOP's agenda for the rich and racists has simply doomed conservatives to irrelevancy in a few years. That's why Texas, and all red states, rely more and more on voter suppression to win. In an election where most people vote, Republican lose even in red states.

I expect the GOP will devolve to a marginal regional party, situated in the Old South, within a decade or two. A perfect end to a corrupt and intellectually bankrupt party.

Chris
07-17-2012, 04:21 PM

Well, TX did bring us all LBJ, and last I looked the legislature is Dem, and the gov is a liberal. You might have something there.

Nah, just can't picture it.

MMC
07-17-2012, 04:22 PM

Do you think it can make up for all the Voter Fraud in Philly? As well as Chicago. :wink:

Chris
07-17-2012, 04:30 PM
A quick look says this about hope in the rising Latino demographic in Texas, but even the following Democrat sees little possibility:

The Democratic Party in Texas has had a rough time over the past decade or so. While Democrats do well in urban Texas and in the Latino-dominated border areas (see this map for a breakdown of blue vs. red counties in the 2008 presidential election), Democrats have not been able to win statewide office in Texas since 1994. For years, Democrats in Texas and outside of Texas have worked on the assumption that this will all change with the rise of the Latino vote in Texas, which will inexorably turn Texas into a blue or at least a purple state.

A recent article by Forrest Wilder in the April 2012 edition of the Texas Observer entitled "Demographics No Longer Destiny for Democrats" calls this sort of analysis into doubt....

From Texas Democrats Shouldn't Rely on Demographics (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-yzaguirre/texas-democrats-shouldnt-_b_1427335.html). Says Wilder's article not available, but I'll look for it.

The map he references:

http://i.snag.gy/fIuwo.jpg

And the Hispanics I know tend to be traditional and conservative.

On edit, that took only 2 seconds: Wilder's Demographics No Longer Destiny for Democrats (http://www.texasobserver.org/forrestforthetrees/demographics-no-longer-destiny-for-democrats)

Trinnity
07-17-2012, 05:02 PM
I swear, the man's on drugs.
He looks kinda stoned, now that you mention it.

Cigar
07-17-2012, 05:40 PM
A quick look says this about hope in the rising Latino demographic in Texas, but even the following Democrat sees little possibility:

From Texas Democrats Shouldn't Rely on Demographics (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-yzaguirre/texas-democrats-shouldnt-_b_1427335.html). Says Wilder's article not available, but I'll look for it.

The map he references:

http://i.snag.gy/fIuwo.jpg

And the Hispanics I know tend to be traditional and conservative.

On edit, that took only 2 seconds: Wilder's Demographics No Longer Destiny for Democrats (http://www.texasobserver.org/forrestforthetrees/demographics-no-longer-destiny-for-democrats)

Both of them? :roflmao:

Deadwood
07-17-2012, 06:41 PM
I suspect his taking the state to court over illegals will pretty much insure it's a "battle ground state" and in waging war.

There may be liberal pockets, but the average Texan I know figures Obama has declared war on them. If he wins Texas....it means the natural order of things is totally fucked as in hell freezing over, a time when we need not worry about Global warming because it means it's time to meet your maker is when Texas votes for Obama.

Chris
07-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Both of them?

How typically inane.

Goldie Locks
07-17-2012, 07:39 PM
They must have bused people in from Chicago to cheer this crap.

Smartmouthwoman
07-17-2012, 08:45 PM
I suspect his taking the state to court over illegals will pretty much insure it's a "battle ground state" and in waging war.

There may be liberal pockets, but the average Texan I know figures Obama has declared war on them. If he wins Texas....it means the natural order of things is totally fucked as in hell freezing over, a time when we need not worry about Global warming because it means it's time to meet your maker is when Texas votes for Obama.

Very true. Although those of us in the little blue counties are used to having Dems represent us. Eddie Bernice Johnson is my congresswoman and other than her Obama-worship and that nasty little scholarship for her family fiasco she got into... she's been a good representative. You can't mention her name without people telling you how she got something done for them one time. She's very responsive... like politicians are supposed to be.

Smartmouthwoman
07-17-2012, 08:46 PM
They must have bused people in from Chicago to cheer this crap.

We've got our share of libs, GL. Somebody's gotta take food orders and do our hair!!! ;)

Cigar
07-17-2012, 08:53 PM
We've got our share of libs, GL. Somebody's gotta take food orders and do our hair!!! ;)

WhazUp Ms Mouth ... long time no hear. :)

WalterSobchak
07-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Thank god for Austin, and the Spurs NBA team in San Antonio. Other then that, TexAss is pretty useless. IMO

Trinnity
07-17-2012, 11:05 PM
That's a big sate to be useless, Walter. Don't they still drill oil there?

Shoot the Goose
07-17-2012, 11:06 PM
So where do I want to move my business ... Texas ? ... or California ? ........ that's a toughie libs ;)

Jackass idiots !

Cigar
07-18-2012, 06:49 AM
So where do I want to move my business ... Texas ? ... or California ? ........ that's a toughie libs ;)

Jackass idiots !

How about the Moon with Newt?

Mainecoons
07-18-2012, 07:23 AM
Ah, back at work and on time this morning. :grin:

Cigar
07-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Ah, back at work and on time this morning. :grin:

It's not work making fun of Conservatives ... its a Hobby :)

Chris
07-18-2012, 07:40 AM
It's not work making fun of Conservatives ... its a Hobby :)

Sounds like you're admitting you're just trolling then.

Cigar
07-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Sounds like you're admitting you're just trolling then.

Well ... then you're hearing something different than what is being typed ...

I have never had more fun in Politics, than the last 4 years. Now that may upset some people, but I can life with it. Because when people type funny things on Forums ... it amuses me and thus I laugh.

Smartmouthwoman
07-18-2012, 08:22 AM
WhazUp Ms Mouth ... long time no hear. :)

Same ole, C. 110 days... then I'll take a little time off. ;)

Chris
07-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Well ... then you're hearing something different than what is being typed ...

I have never had more fun in Politics, than the last 4 years. Now that may upset some people, but I can life with it. Because when people type funny things on Forums ... it amuses me and thus I laugh.

If you're saying you're here to make fun of people then basically you're saying you're here to troll. People tire of that quickly, so have fun while it lasts.

Cigar
07-18-2012, 08:40 AM
If you're saying you're here to make fun of people then basically you're saying you're here to troll. People tire of that quickly, so have fun while it lasts.

I'm not saying anything ... I'm typing responses to post on an internet forum ... totally emotionless. In addition, I'm not making fun of people, I'm making light of peoples ideas and responses to post typed on the internet. Once again, emotions are only displayed via smiley faces. You see, I don't take Politics as a Serious Life and Death daily exercise ... it's a fun hobby for me. But I do understand that their are individuals who are afforded the latitude of open insults and calling out other forum members by their forum name ... but I'm not one of those.

So no ... I'm not here to make fun of "people" I don't know or may never know ... I'm here like everyone else, enjoying Political Talk ... and that's all it is ... talk. Many times these post are funny and hilarious ... and none of them are serious or life changing events for me.

~ Nothing More, Nothing Less, Nothing Else. :afro:

Trinnity
07-18-2012, 08:48 AM
Cigar, good morning. Glad you're having fun.

Chris
07-18-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm not saying anything ... I'm typing responses to post on an internet forum ... totally emotionless. In addition, I'm not making fun of people, I'm making light of peoples ideas and responses to post typed on the internet. Once again, emotions are only displayed via smiley faces. You see, I don't take Politics as a Serious Life and Death daily exercise ... it's a fun hobby for me. But I do understand that their are individuals who are afforded the latitude of open insults and calling out other forum members by their forum name ... but I'm not one of those.

So no ... I'm not here to make fun of "people" I don't know or may never know ... I'm here like everyone else, enjoying Political Talk ... and that's all it is ... talk. Many times these post are funny and hilarious ... and none of them are serious or life changing events for me.

~ Nothing More, Nothing Less, Nothing Else. :afro:

I'm not making fun of people

It's not work making fun of Conservatives

Which is it then?

Cigar
07-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Which is it then?

That's Right ... Conservatives are People Too ... :BangHead: I keep forgetting that :laughing7:

Smartmouthwoman
07-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Cigar, good morning. Glad you're having fun.

Yeah, me too. Can't wait til Nov 7th when it all comes home to roost for the Obama lovers. ;)

bladimz
07-18-2012, 09:40 AM
If only secession was a legal option...

Agravan
07-18-2012, 09:42 AM

It is.

Mainecoons
07-18-2012, 09:47 AM

Hey, good morning. I'm still waiting for you over on the other thread to demonstrate from your self-claimed expertise in document scanning and publishing how a scanned document can have all those layers.

Oh, and the scanner filled in those previously empty boxes??

bladimz
07-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Hey, good morning. I'm still waiting for you over on the other thread to demonstrate from your self-claimed expertise in document scanning and publishing how a scanned document can have all those layers.

Oh, and the scanner filled in those previously empty boxes??Good morning back to you. You can wait if you want. It's been discussed before, by me, on another thread, a year or two ago. Actually it was in response to you, if you remember. Apparently you don't.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/birthcertificate.asp

This snopes.com pdf should answer your questions. You won't accept these facts because (1) they don't match your wackadoodle beliefs and (2) i (again) have proved you wrong. Sometimes its just more impressive to others that you stand up and accept that you weren't/aren't aware of professional graphics programs and their workings. Go ahead. Be a man.

bladimz
07-18-2012, 10:27 AM
It is.
Whoops. My bad. I just assumed that Texas would have seceded if it could have.

...¡Qué lástima

Chris
07-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Any state can secede since, moreover "Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."