PDA

View Full Version : Can They Stop Themselves?

Chris
05-27-2015, 07:56 PM
Recent Reason cover...

http://i.snag.gy/MfqO7.jpg

Peter1469
05-27-2015, 08:25 PM
No. We are hovering around $1T deficits each year. I don't believe any politician could cut that much and survive.

texan
05-27-2015, 08:34 PM
It is a pipe dream that anyone will so people should stop voting on that cause it aint happening without a revolution. So we need a business friendly gov that has a chance to grow us out of this problem.

Peter1469
05-27-2015, 08:38 PM
It is a pipe dream that anyone will so people should stop voting on that cause it aint happening without a revolution. So we need a business friendly gov that has a chance to grow us out of this problem.

There is no possible growth to pay off the ~$18T debt plus the unfunded liabilities. Forget about the derivatives off the bank's books.

Private Pickle
05-27-2015, 08:43 PM
No because you need to replace those pictures with the pictures of the faces of every American in this country.

Private Pickle
05-27-2015, 08:44 PM
No. We are hovering around $1T deficits each year. I don't believe any politician could cut that much and survive.

It's easy...you just keep interest rates at 0% and print more money. Problem solved!

Peter1469
05-27-2015, 08:45 PM
It's easy...you just keep interest rates at 0% and print more money. Problem solved!

18 one T bills should cover it.

Private Pickle
05-27-2015, 08:46 PM
18 one T bills should cover it.

We can make it rain at the next Jay Z concert!

Common
05-27-2015, 08:47 PM
nope the only thing they will do is more income distribution from the middleclass to the richest

Peter1469
05-27-2015, 08:50 PM
nope the only thing they will do is more income distribution from the middleclass to the richest

Middle class income is going overseas with globalism and "free trade."

Private Pickle
05-27-2015, 08:51 PM

It will break when the middle class/lower class actually and truly feel like the middle class/lower class. Until then I'm quite happy being the top 3.124536344%.

Chris
05-27-2015, 08:58 PM

Just stop voting, as PJ O'Rourke quips, it only encourages the bastards.

PolWatch
05-27-2015, 09:01 PM
Just stop voting, as PJ O'Rourke quips, it only encourages the bastards.

The more I see of the candidates....the smarter that idea sounds

Chris
05-27-2015, 09:51 PM
http://i.snag.gy/cPFja.jpg

texan
05-27-2015, 10:14 PM
There is no possible growth to pay off the ~$18T debt plus the unfunded liabilities. Forget about the derivatives off the bank's books.

Yeah I realize that, but you are not getting any major cuts end of story! So do you want a great economy that can pay some down or take our chances or another admin that is beholden to the forces that hold the economy down in favor of Global Warming Hogwash and social justice BS?

Obama lives in theory and hope land no reason for you to live there, the world is full of realities understand them.

Private Pickle
05-27-2015, 10:16 PM
Yeah I realize that, but you are not getting any major cuts end of story! So do you want a great economy that can pay some down and take our chances or another admin that is beholden to the forces that hold the economy down in favor of Global Warming Hogwash and social justice BS?

Obama lives in theory and hope land no reason for you to live there, the world is full of realities understand them.

The fact is you're not going to get any major cuts regardless of whether a Republican or a Democrat gets in office. This has to be an obvious truth to you by now.

Private Pickle
05-27-2015, 10:17 PM
http://i.snag.gy/cPFja.jpg

Meh...we are an educated an enlightened people despite popular belief. It's when we start hurting that we will begin to find a solution to our problems and not before.

texan
05-27-2015, 11:54 PM
The fact is you're not going to get any major cuts regardless of whether a Republican or a Democrat gets in office. This has to be an obvious truth to you by now.

To Me? That is WHAT I posted, I hope you are referring to Peter.........

Private Pickle
05-27-2015, 11:57 PM
To Me? That is WHAT I posted, I hope you are referring to Peter.........

Oh. And here I thought you were blaming Obama for your lot in life. My bad.

donttread
05-28-2015, 05:32 AM
If voters, like most of you on this thread, have no real expectation of change you will get none. Which is exactly the cycle we have been in for decades. Rand Paul would bring change but most of you are afraid of that which you claim you want so you won't vote for him. Then you get to bitch about that which you helped create for 4 more years without having to take a real stand or muster up an ounce of political courage.

Chris
05-28-2015, 08:11 AM
Meh...we are an educated an enlightened people despite popular belief. It's when we start hurting that we will begin to find a solution to our problems and not before.

Generally it's when we start hurting, find ourselves in a crisis, war or depression, that we do the opposite, look to government to get us out--not realizing it was government got us into trouble to begin with.

Lineman
05-28-2015, 08:37 AM

Lol.. Please, carry on.... enlighten us on what exactly is "this problem?"

Chris
05-28-2015, 09:00 AM
Lol.. Please, carry on.... enlighten us on what exactly is "this problem?"

Economy.

Though I disagree that we need a Republican business friendly government as opposed to a Democrat business unfriendly one. We need less government and a freer market.

Lineman
05-28-2015, 09:20 AM
Another solution in search of a problem.

Chris
05-28-2015, 09:37 AM
Another solution in search of a problem.

Nice platitude. You think the economy is doing just fine? That there's no problem?

Lineman
05-28-2015, 11:43 AM
Nice platitude. You think the economy is doing just fine? That there's no problem?

So enlighten us as to whats wrong with the economy.

Cigar
05-28-2015, 11:49 AM
Thanks Citizens United :grin:

Chris
05-28-2015, 11:52 AM
So enlighten us as to whats wrong with the economy.

We're in the midst of a prolonged Great Recession. Where've you been?

Lineman
05-28-2015, 12:41 PM
Unemployment is low, rates for money are low, inflation is low, fuel prices are low, sales are good, everywhere you look are help wanted signs, construction is steaming, airlines are swamped w business, .....maybe Im missing something.

Chris
05-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Unemployment is low, rates for money are low, inflation is low, fuel prices are low, sales are good, everywhere you look are help wanted signs, construction is steaming, airlines are swamped w business, .....maybe Im missing something.

Things are improving but recovery from the recession has been prolonged far too long. Everywhere I read there's warnings we're headed for another.

Lineman
05-28-2015, 01:05 PM
What steps would you take to speed things up?

Things are improving but recovery from the recession has been prolonged far too long. Everywhere I read there's warnings we're headed for another.

Chris
05-28-2015, 01:08 PM
What steps would you take to speed things up?

Get government out of the way, already said that.

In fact the economy is not slowly improving but slowing. After 5% growth last year, it's slowed to 2.something percent according to marketwatch, 0.2% according to the NYT.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/slowing-us-economy-is-inconvenient-truth-2015-03-03
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/30/business/gdp-q1-united-states-economy.html?_r=0

Lineman
05-28-2015, 01:13 PM
Get government out of the way....

You mean like in Kansas where Brownback has played emperor and stuff?

Explain. We hear that alot, but it rings hollow if the details of accomplishing it are lacking.

Chris
05-28-2015, 02:38 PM
Get government out of the way....

You mean like in Kansas where Brownback has played emperor and stuff?

Explain. We hear that alot, but it rings hollow if the details of accomplishing it are lacking.

How can Brownback's meddling be considered getting government out of the way? You explain. You're not making sense.

Ivan88
05-29-2015, 04:14 AM

donttread
05-29-2015, 04:48 AM

My guess is to hide a poor economy and give politicians distractions from domestic realities to flag wave about to voters. And feeding a few DOD contractors and other " campaign fund friendly megacorps"

Chris
05-29-2015, 10:23 AM
Get government out of the way, already said that.

In fact the economy is not slowly improving but slowing. After 5% growth last year, it's slowed to 2.something percent according to marketwatch, 0.2% according to the NYT.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/slowing-us-economy-is-inconvenient-truth-2015-03-03
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/30/business/gdp-q1-united-states-economy.html?_r=0

And the latest revision says a 0.7% decline.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/30/business/economy/us-economy-gdp-q1-revision.html?_r=0