PDA

View Full Version : What Obama Actually said about Small Business ...

Cigar
07-18-2012, 07:17 AM
"...Mitt Romney is deliberately taking President Obama’s words out of context in order to distort the President’s record of support for small businesses... Romney decided to selectively edit President Obama to make it appear like the President was insulting small businesses: “ said this, ‘If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.’ That somebody else is government, in his view ... To say something like that is not just foolishness, it’s insulting to every entrepreneur, every innovator in America, and it’s wrong.”

But it’s Romney’s statement that’s wrong—it’s a complete distortion. Here’s what the President actually said:

“If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet. The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.”

The President’s full remarks show that the “that” in “you didn’t build that” clearly refers to roads and bridges—public infrastructure we count on the government to build and maintain.

http://www.barackobama.com/truth-team/fact-check-what-president-obama-actually-said-about-small-businesses

Chris
07-18-2012, 07:42 AM
If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

So he did say it and no one's distorting it, he, Obama, distorted reality.

Cigar
07-18-2012, 07:52 AM
So he did say it and no one's distorting it, he, Obama, distorted reality.

Correct ... :)

Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

..BTW ... have you found Mittens taxes yet?

Agravan
07-18-2012, 07:56 AM

..BTW ... have you found Mittens taxes yet?

Yep, they're in the same safe as obama's records.

Chris
07-18-2012, 08:16 AM

Thank you.

patrickt
07-18-2012, 08:29 AM
I just realize this is a Cigar thread. Never mind.

Cigar
07-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Yep, they're in the same safe as obama's records.

Good then we can move on ... :)

bajisima
07-18-2012, 08:44 AM
Thing is don't you think if there was enough demand, private companies would step in and have built those roads? They would not have waited for govt to do it, some businesses are already using private companies to build their roads and towns have accepted money from corporations to re-build roads. Govt has been failing miserably with our infrastructure.

Chris
07-18-2012, 08:45 AM
What the President stands for and what stands behind it...

...On one level, Obama and Warren are obviously right. No man is an island....

Does anybody really dispute this? ...As George Constanza once reminded his Seinfeld co-star, "We live in a society, Jerry."...

Yet on another level, the president's little lesson is self-evidently absurd....

The tax dollars that paid for those roads, bridges, schools, and teachers didn't just come from "someone else" or the "rest of us." They came from the innovators, the factory owners, and the entrepreneurs too....

Barney Frank is often quoted as saying, "Government is simply the name we give to the things we choose to do together." But we do lots of things together apart from government, in families and communities, churches and synagogues, private associations and what Edmund Burke called the "little platoons" of civil society.

The market itself is something we do together.....

No, You Can't! (http://spectator.org/archives/2012/07/17/no-you-cant)

Behind Obama stand Marx and Hegel....

...The Obama theory of entrepreneurship is that behind every successful businessman, there is a successful government. Everyone is helpless without the state, the great protector, builder, and innovator. Everything is ultimately a collective enterprise. Individual initiative is only an ingredient in the more important work when “we do things together.”

The Obama riff is a direct steal from Elizabeth Warren, the Democratic Senate candidate in Massachusetts who sent liberal hearts aflutter by throwing the same wet towel on the notion of individual success a few months ago. The Obama/Warren view is a warrant for socialization of the proceeds of success. Behind its faux sophistication is a faculty-lounge disdain for business, and all those who make more than tenured professors by excelling at it. Behind its smiley we’re-all-in-it-together façade is a frank demand: You owe us....

Obama's Statism vs. the Self-Made Man (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/07/18/obama_you_didnt_build_that_114830.html)

...“The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together,” Obama said.

The point, though, is pointless. Of course successful businesses rely on roads and schools and firefighters. So do businesses that fail. But the existence of public infrastructure does not explain the difference between successful entreprenuers and failed ones. The difference is born from the very thing President Obama attempts to downplay almost to the point of denying it — the hard work, resourcefulness, creativity and ingenuity of those who persist until they succeed.

Under Obama’s formulation — “You didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen” — All private success is nonexistent. There is only the glory of the state, as expressed through collective action. The ditch digger and social worker share equally in the success of the small-business owner and the tycoon. Therefore, they deserve an equal, or at least much larger, share of the fruits of the entrepreneurs’ labor.

This is the thinking of a man who views businesses as entities to be milked for the good of the collective. This is the message he intends to try to sell in New Hampshire, where New Englanders often flee to start their own businesses because their home states tax and regulate too much. Good luck with that message, Mr. President.

Obama to entrepreneurs: Your success belongs to the state (http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120717/OPINION01/707179995/1004/opinion)

Trinnity
07-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Obama went rogue from the TOTUS, proving he puts his foot in his mouth if he doesn't stick to the scripted speech. This is gonna plague him. The fallout will be one more shovel scoop from the hole he's digging for himself.

Chris
07-18-2012, 08:48 AM
Thing is don't you think if there was enough demand, private companies would step in and have built those roads? They would not have waited for govt to do it, some businesses are already using private companies to build their roads and towns have accepted money from corporations to re-build roads. Govt has been failing miserably with our infrastructure.

Exactly.

The Path Toward Futuristic Highways Runs Through The Private Sector (http://www.forbes.com/sites/rexsinquefield/2012/07/13/the-path-toward-futuristic-highways-runs-through-the-private-sector/)

Cigar
07-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Well ... my success was helped by plenty ... Teachers, parents, friends and family ... Bankers :)

... and no ... I didn't build any roads or infrastructure ... someone else did that.

Chris
07-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Well ... my success was helped by plenty ... Teachers, parents, friends and family ... Bankers :)

... and no ... I didn't build any roads or infrastructure ... someone else did that.

"As George Constanza once reminded his Seinfeld co-star, "We live in a society, Jerry."."

bajisima
07-18-2012, 08:55 AM

Well sure if you want to take it down to the very basic level then no one would even have existed without our mothers taking good care of herself and us while growing up. So following that logic we should thank our moms. But at the end of the day it is personal responsibility that gets us where we are going, think about it, two entrepreneurs in the same town have the same services (roads, bridges etc) why does one fail while one succeeds? Hard work and personal responsibility not the govt.

Cigar
07-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Well sure if you want to take it down to the very basic level then no one would even have existed without our mothers taking good care of herself and us while growing up. So following that logic we should thank our moms. But at the end of the day it is personal responsibility that gets us where we are going, think about it, two entrepreneurs in the same town have the same services (roads, bridges etc) why does one fail while one succeeds? Hard work and personal responsibility not the govt.

Good ... then we agree on Health Care ! :)

bajisima
07-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Good ... then we agree on Health Care ! :)

Sure health care is important but we don't need a mandate to make it work.

Cigar
07-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Sure health care is important but we don't need a mandate to make it work.

It's not manditory that people take personal responsibility ... ?

Why not?

Deadwood
07-18-2012, 09:17 AM
If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

From your "Revised" test.

"you did not build that." Word for word from Romney's quogte and the most insulting thing I've heard out of this privileged prick's poisoned mouth since he was adopted and propelled by the DNC. HE'S the one who's been carried.

Both this post, an attempt to divert attention from those words and the president himself show a complete and disgusting ignorance of what it takes to start and operate a small business.

And that stupidity is destroying the United States. When simple fur traders like Canadians can whip your ass in job creation and economic growth...YOU'VE got a serious problem; and it's spelled "Obama".

bajisima
07-18-2012, 09:17 AM
It's not manditory that people take personal responsibility ... ?

Why not?

People should take personal responsibility for their health not the govt forcing you to. If you are a wealthy person and don't want health insurance then it is no one's business to make you buy it. You pay for your treatment yourself. If you are poor you get Medicaid. Where the system fails is when you lose your job or your premiums get so expensive you can't afford it, this new plan really doesn't address these issues.

Deadwood
07-18-2012, 09:22 AM
People should take personal responsibility for their health not the govt forcing you to. If you are a wealthy person and don't want health insurance then it is no one's business to make you buy it. You pay for your treatment yourself. If you are poor you get Medicaid. Where the system fails is when you lose your job or your premiums get so expensive you can't afford it, this new plan really doesn't address these issues.

Trust me. Obama's med plan is going to cause government control and regulation about who gets what. And it's going to get expensive and ugly, especially when the elite who have been exempted start getting better access and care.....

Very ugly.

You have a two tiered system. It's been done. And failed every time.

American liberals used to be innovators; now because of liberal ideology - they keep trying to re-invent the wheel, trying everything that's failed before in some delusional idea that this time it will be different.

Cigar
07-18-2012, 09:28 AM

Sorry ... The President said NO and was backed up by The Supreme Court. :)

bajisima
07-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Sorry ... The President said NO and was backed up by The Supreme Court. :)

Sure but that isn't going to make it affordable. I live in a state where there are only a couple insurers and the average policy costs over 3K a month if you purchase it yourself and not through your employer. It will be cheaper for most people to pay the penalty and worry about paying their mortgage and food.

Deadwood
07-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Good then we can move on ... :)

That, would be a first. If there are posts that wallow in dis-information, deceit and decades old thinking........

Mainecoons
07-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Sure but that isn't going to make it affordable. I live in a state where there are only a couple insurers and the average policy costs over 3K a month if you purchase it yourself and not through your employer. It will be cheaper for most people to pay the penalty and worry about paying their mortgage and food.

That, apparently, is exactly what people have been doing with MassCare, Romney's version of ObamaCare.

Next, I'm hoping the government will allow me to pay a small penalty to cancel my auto insurance and not get it until after I've had an accident. Hey, if getting insured for pre-existing conditions is good enough for health care why not good enough for car wrecks? My crumpled car would definitely be a prexisting condition at that point.

Cigar
07-18-2012, 09:43 AM
That, apparently, is exactly what people have been doing with MassCare, Romney's version of ObamaCare.

Next, I'm hoping the government will allow me to pay a small penalty to cancel my auto insurance and not get it until after I've had an accident. Hey, if getting insured for pre-existing conditions is good enough for health care why not good enough for car wrecks? My crumpled car would definitely be a prexisting condition at that point.

No way .. you have a Drivers License? :)

Mainecoons
07-18-2012, 09:45 AM
I do. Got it under the "grandfather" clause! :grin:

Trinnity
07-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Road paving projects across the bulk of America got paved because it was needed for cars. Before that, most roads were dirt.

Cigar
07-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Road paving projects across the bulk of America got paved because it was needed for cars. Before that, most roads were dirt.

Ever hear of this little thing called "Maintenance" ?

coolwalker
07-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Wow...Obama speaks but the words that come out of his mouth aren't really the words he spoke...our ears decieve us. Interesting. Good try but no "Cigar" (ha)!

bajisima
07-18-2012, 01:06 PM

HaHa. Here we don't require auto insurance unless you have a loan on the car..So many people no longer have it due to its expense. I suppose they figure you can't get blood from a stone if they have nothing..Some will see HC the same way, if you can't afford insurance, you can't afford it.

Peter1469
07-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Obama was speaking in Marxist speak. And got caught. Oops.

Peter1469
07-18-2012, 03:56 PM

Here in Virginia I can post a $500 bond with the state in lieu of auto insurance. Of course that money doesn't cover my damage in an accident. (It doesn't cover much for the other guy either!)

Trinnity
07-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Obama was speaking in Marxist speak. And got caught. Oops.And got caught - again.

Frogger
07-18-2012, 07:49 PM
If Obama thinks the government should take the credit for a businesses success because the government built the roads and bridges the person used the government also has to take responsibility for killings and thefts and driveby shootings since the perpetrators got to where they committed their crimes using the roads the government made.

Cigar
07-19-2012, 06:53 AM
So ... just imagine standing in front of people and lying about what the President said about government and business on Tuesday and then plagiarizing what the President actually said on Wednesday. Now, even politically smart Conservatives really know the difference, even though they would never publicly admit it.

... and this guy wants to be President?

Now come on, how many forum members actually built the infrastructure they use each and every day they go to work on ... come one ... how many of you actually did that?

Be honest ... 1 construction worker here, 1 High Tension Cable Engineer ... maybe ... hey right.

Now all of a sudden, after October 2010 ... the GOP wants to pivot to Job Creation ... even after they have said NO to EVERY JOBS Bill put forth by the President. Are real politically smart Conservatives really that "stupid"? ... Really?

So ... I'll play ... exactly "what" "Job" would the GOP like the CEO of Government to "Create" ... name it please. :wink:

Peter1469
07-19-2012, 06:58 AM
So ... just imagine standing in front of people and lying about what the President said about government and business on Tuesday and then plagiarizing what the President actually said on Wednesday. Now, even politically smart Conservatives really know the difference, even though they would never publicly admit it.

Hey Soros, give Cigar a bonus. He started early today.

Cig, just because you say it is a lie doesn't make it so. Your president screwed up and used Marxist talking points on camera. Maybe it was Bush's fault.

Agravan
07-19-2012, 07:57 AM
Now all of a sudden, after October 2010 ... the GOP wants to pivot to Job Creation ... even after they have said NO to EVERY JOBS Bill put forth by the President. Are real politically smart Conservatives really that "stupid"? ... Really?
Again, the House GOP has has passed over 30 jobs bills that are then killed by the Dems and Harry Reid in the Senate. Who are the ones opposing jobs bills? Can you say DEMOCRATS? I knew you could....

So ... I'll play ... exactly "what" "Job" would the GOP like the CEO of Government to "Create" ... name it please. :wink:

That is exactly what the GOP has been saying all along... government and oblamo do NOT create jobs. Glad to see you finally got the point.

Cigar
07-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Again, the House GOP has has passed over 30 jobs bills that are then killed by the Dems and Harry Reid in the Senate. Who are the ones opposing jobs bills? Can you say DEMOCRATS? I knew you could....

That is exactly what the GOP has been saying all along... government and oblamo do NOT create jobs. Glad to see you finally got the point.

OMG ... well, now I understand the conservative mind. :)

BTW ... you may want to check the GOP Filibuster record ... just a suggestion before put swallow. :)

Chris
07-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Isn't filibuster part of the Senate process?

http://i.snag.gy/x77hj.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/the-history-of-the-filibuster-in-one-graph/2012/05/15/gIQAVHf0RU_blog.html

patrickt
07-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Obama was speaking in Marxist speak. And got caught. Oops.

Actually, according to the White House spokeman, he speaks in shorthand. That's really a code word for, "He has his head up his ass if he loses his teleprompter."

Mainecoons
07-19-2012, 08:48 AM
I took his remarks in the context of his other speaking, which shows a very clear tendency towards socialistic thinking. Why anyone would be surprised at this given his history from childhood of being indoctrinated with socialism and communism, amazes me.

Barack Obama is a perfect example of what happens when one-sided indoctrination is substituted for a broad education. He is a poster child for the left's domination and destruction of education in America.

Cigar
07-19-2012, 10:18 AM
All righty then ... I have no idea why they say Conservatives are crazy.

Peter1469
07-19-2012, 10:23 AM
All righty then ... I have no idea why they say Conservatives are crazy.

They don't say that. Your talking points do..... Get out more. Talk to real Americans.

Cigar
07-19-2012, 10:25 AM
They don't say that. Your talking points do..... Get out more. Talk to real Americans.

YES or NO ... did you build the Infrastructure you use everyday ... simple ... easy question.

Or is it too difficult for the average Conservative to comprehend?

Peter1469
07-19-2012, 10:40 AM
YES or NO ... did you build the Infrastructure you use everyday ... simple ... easy question.

Or is it too difficult for the average Conservative to comprehend?

Yes. My tax dollars helped to build the infrastructure. And I pay more in taxes and most. Entrepreneurs work hard for their success and don't deserve some Marxist that their hard work wasn't much of a factor in their success.

Cigar
07-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Yes. My tax dollars helped to build the infrastructure. And I pay more in taxes and most. Entrepreneurs work hard for their success and don't deserve some Marxist that their hard work wasn't much of a factor in their success.

... all by yourself ... thanks for making my point.

Look ... I paid for my one Gas this morning ... but I didn't Drill or Refine it.

Peter1469
07-19-2012, 11:16 AM
... all by yourself ... thanks for making my point.

Look ... I paid for my one Gas this morning ... but I didn't Drill or Refine it.

I didn't make your point. Your point is much, much further left... towards Marxism. Just because society as a whole (well really only part) pays for the infrastructure doesn't mean that successful businesses should have their wealth spread around.

Cigar
07-19-2012, 12:56 PM
I didn't make your point. Your point is much, much further left... towards Marxism. Just because society as a whole (well really only part) pays for the infrastructure doesn't mean that successful businesses should have their wealth spread around.

and who is asking for that?

BTW ...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/hc-who-asked-free.jpg

Peter1469
07-19-2012, 01:18 PM
and who is asking for that?

BTW ...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/hc-who-asked-free.jpg

Respond to my post please.

Cigar
07-20-2012, 08:13 AM
Respond to my post please.

Here;s my response .... http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/4574-Ooops-Romney-Agrees-With-Obama-Government-Does-%E2%80%98Help-You-In-A-Business%E2%80%99

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui-3I2qs8jU&feature=player_embedded

ROMNEY: I know that you recognize a lot of people help you in a business. Perhaps the bank, the investors. There is no question your mom and dad, your school teachers. The people who provide roads, the fire, the police. A lot of people help. But let me ask you this. Did you build your business? If you did, raise your hand. Take that Mr. President! This is what’s happening in this country. These people are entrepreneurs.

Chris
07-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Here;s my response .... http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/4574-Ooops-Romney-Agrees-With-Obama-Government-Does-%E2%80%98Help-You-In-A-Business%E2%80%99

ROMNEY: I know that you recognize a lot of people help you in a business. Perhaps the bank, the investors. There is no question your mom and dad, your school teachers. The people who provide roads, the fire, the police. A lot of people help. But let me ask you this. Did you build your business? If you did, raise your hand. Take that Mr. President! This is what’s happening in this country. These people are entrepreneurs.

So now, cigar, you agree with Romney and disagree with Obama.

Cigar
07-20-2012, 09:25 AM
So now, cigar, you agree with Romney and disagree with Obama.

I agree Totally with The President and I Totally agree with what Mitt said below ...

I know that you recognize a lot of people help you in a business. Perhaps the bank, the investors. There is no question your mom and dad, your school teachers. The people who provide roads, the fire, the police. A lot of people help. But let me ask you this. Did you build your business? If you did, raise your hand. Take that Mr. President! This is what’s happening in this country. These people are entrepreneurs.

NO ONE EVER QUESTIONED if entrepreneurs Built their Business and you know that. If you don't know that. then you're as stupid as the people trying to spin the Presidents Words, and I'm sure you're smarter than those idiots ... correct?

Chris
07-20-2012, 09:34 AM
I agree Totally with The President and I Totally agree with what Mitt said below ...

NO ONE EVER QUESTIONED if entrepreneurs Built their Business and you know that. If you don't know that. then you're as stupid as the people trying to spin the Presidents Words, and I'm sure you're smarter than those idiots ... correct?

Obama's point was government did it, Romney's is society provides support. A world of difference.

Unimpressive ad hom, cigar, simply tells everyone you've got no argument.

Cigar
07-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Obama's point was government did it, Romney's is society provides support. A world of difference.

Unimpressive ad hom, cigar, simply tells everyone you've got no argument.

Obviously I was Wrong ... :)

Mainecoons
07-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Here's a far better takedown of Obama's and Cigar's philosophy than I could ever do. For those of you who think beyond rapid-fire one line posts and cartoons, this is a must read. Pay particular attention to the actual figures. My only complaint about this piece is that it treats the entire "defense" budget like an essential public service. I argue that a real emphasis on defense, as opposed to the constant foreign military misadventurism that the U.S. Federal government engages in, and the cost of policing the world, is a great deal less than what we are spending.

http://pjmedia.com/zombie/2012/07/18/the-ultimate-takedown-of-obamas-you-didnt-build-that-speech/2/

President Obama’s instantly infamous “You didn’t build that” speech is a major turning point of the 2012 election not because it was a gaffe but because it was an accurate and concise summary of core progressive fiscal dogma. It was also a political blunder of epic proportions because in his speech Obama unintentionally proved the conservatives’ case for limited government.
This essay will show you how.
When Obama implied at the Roanoke, Virginia rally that some businessmen refuse to pay for public works from which they benefit, he presented a thesis which, like a three-legged stool, relies on three assumptions that must all be true for the argument to remain standing:
Advertisement

1. That the public programs he mentioned in his speech constitute a significant portion of the federal budget;
2. That business owners don’t already pay far more than their fair share of these expenses; and
3. That these specific public benefits are a federal issue, rather than a local issue.
If any of these legs fails, then the whole argument collapses.
For good measure, we won’t just kick out one, we’ll kick out all three.

And then he does. Quite thoroughly.

Enjoy!

Cigar
07-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Whatever ... if you think the President said Government built your business then I don't want to hear anymore shit from you about Obama creating Jobs ... just read your own crap and STFU.

Mainecoons
07-20-2012, 09:47 AM
I figured this one would be way outside of your pay grade. If you were able to read and comprehend at this level you would have seen a very clear analysis of what the President said.

You never disappoint.

Cigar
07-20-2012, 09:53 AM
I figured this one would be way outside of your pay grade. If you were able to read and comprehend at this level you would have seen a very clear analysis of what the President said.

You never disappoint.

Glad I could help ...

Mainecoons
07-20-2012, 10:16 AM
BTW, Cigar, I see that you are retreating to the fact-challenged left's last citadel, telling those who don't agree with you and who make arguments you can't begin to comprehend, let alone refute, to STFU.

No, we won't. Y'all started this war, we are going to finish it. Better get used to it.

Cigar
07-20-2012, 10:29 AM
BTW, Cigar, I see that you are retreating to the fact-challenged left's last citadel, telling those who don't agree with you and who make arguments you can't begin to comprehend, let alone refute, to STFU.

No, we won't. Y'all started this war, we are going to finish it. Better get used to it.

Bring it on .. all two of you. :)

You're members and time are dwelling ... there's no teeth in that Dog Bite :)

Mainecoons
07-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Did you mean "numbers?"

:grin:

Cigar
07-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Did you mean "numbers?"

:grin:

Yea ... big fingers ... not fat

Chris
07-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Whatever ... if you think the President said Government built your business then I don't want to hear anymore shit from you about Obama creating Jobs ... just read your own crap and STFU.

So that's the best you got to defend Obama's lies, STFU? How trite.

Cigar
07-20-2012, 10:50 AM
So that's the best you got to defend Obama's lies, STFU? How trite.

Company owner Brian Maloney, 69, agreed with Romney's assessment. I take umbrage at the suggestion that people don't start and build businesses, Maloney said. I started out with 500 bucks and worked with my hands to afford grad school at night. My wife supported me. Started a little body shop and was able to bring together people, one at a time.

But in an interview with Boston-based reporter Jon Keller of WBZ-TV, Maloney acknowledged that his business received some government help. The only way I was able to come here, because I had no money, was with an industrial revenue bond, Maloney said in the interview. Industrial revenue bonds are typically issued by local and state governments to attract new business to an area. They create low-interest loans for new development and startups.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57476287-503544/romneys-obama-attack-gets-sidetracked/

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/dayum.jpg

Chris
07-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Company owner Brian Maloney, 69, agreed with Romney's assessment. I take umbrage at the suggestion that people don't start and build businesses, Maloney said. I started out with 500 bucks and worked with my hands to afford grad school at night. My wife supported me. Started a little body shop and was able to bring together people, one at a time.

But in an interview with Boston-based reporter Jon Keller of WBZ-TV, Maloney acknowledged that his business received some government help. The only way I was able to come here, because I had no money, was with an industrial revenue bond, Maloney said in the interview. Industrial revenue bonds are typically issued by local and state governments to attract new business to an area. They create low-interest loans for new development and startups.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57476287-503544/romneys-obama-attack-gets-sidetracked/

You're spamming this stuff everywhere, cigar, and when people respond--as I did elsewhere to this, you tell them STFU.

Mainecoons
07-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Industrial revenue bonds are typically issued by local and state governments to attract new business to an area. They create low-interest loans for new development and startups.

STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENTS. Done at the level where there is some accountability. These are loans, BTW, not grants.

An appropriate activity of these governments under the Constitution.

Cigar
07-20-2012, 12:04 PM
You're spamming this stuff everywhere, cigar, and when people respond--as I did elsewhere to this, you tell them STFU.

I'm responding to a POST ... like it or not, but don't cry about it.

It's NOT spam, its an official story (link provided).

I'm using the official article to debunk others lies ... you don't have to like it.

Mainecoons
07-20-2012, 12:08 PM
One guy, after starting and getting his business going on his own, used a local revenue bond (loan) to expand. You think that debunks anything?

OK. :grin:

Chris
07-20-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm responding to a POST ... like it or not, but don't cry about it.

It's NOT spam, its an official story (link provided).

I'm using the official article to debunk others lies ... you don't have to like it.

Sounds to me like you're doing the crying, cigar, each of the above three statements a whine.

I'm merely pointing out that each time you get a serious response, you jump to another new thread. If I joined the multiple threads together, this would be obvious.

Obama said we're completely dependent on government for all we do. That's plain and simple BS, a lie. We depend on society, yes, but that is not government. Government itself depends on society, or should, if it weren't so criminally corrupt.

Cigar
07-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Sounds to me like you're doing the crying, cigar, each of the above three statements a whine.

I'm merely pointing out that each time you get a serious response, you jump to another new thread. If I joined the multiple threads together, this would be obvious.

Obama said we're completely dependent on government for all we do. That's plain and simple BS, a lie. We depend on society, yes, but that is not government. Government itself depends on society, or should, if it weren't so criminally corrupt.

Ok Chris ... if that's your understanding ... who am I to judge :)

Chris
07-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Ok Chris ... if that's your understanding ... who am I to judge :)

Exactly, no one, if you don't have logic and facts to back you up, just another opinion.

Cigar
07-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Exactly, no one, if you don't have logic and facts to back you up, just another opinion.

Looks like you didn't READ the Link I provided or you're just in denial :owned:

Mainecoons
07-20-2012, 12:31 PM
You've been cut off at the knees again by your guy, Cigar:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jul/19/florida-gets-obamas-attention-seventh-trip-comes-a/

Facing more bad news on the housing front and a surge in the polls by his Republican rival, President Obama changed his tune Thursday night about some roundly criticized comments that entrepreneurs don’t build businesses on their own.

“I was saying the other day, we take pride in individual initiative and … we don’t like handouts,” Mr. Obama told supporters in West Palm Beach, Fla. “We don’t expect government to solve every problem and we don’t think the government should help people who don’t want to even help themselves.”

The president’s message differed in style from the one he delivered last Friday in Roanoke, Va., when he told a crowd: “If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. … If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

Uh oh, sounds like you should stop relying on those minority set asides to shield you from open competition for those government contracts. :grin:

Chris
07-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Looks like you didn't READ the Link I provided or you're just in denial :owned:

Again, ad hom only reveals you have no argument. About as good as calling names, like you did before, or telling people to STFU. Seems to be a pattern in your posting.