PDA

View Full Version : I was Wrong

Ransom
05-30-2015, 07:54 AM
Started a thread some time ago, entitled '0.2', a number that had been released in the 1Q GDP.

The threat start should have been called -0.7. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ECONOMY_GDP?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-05-29-08-31-04

I apologize.

The trade deficit greater 'than expected' the reason, course trade deficits were only a concern during (R) Presidencies.

Some good signs though. Employment gains and consumers continue to spend. But the government continues to spend even more

Common
05-30-2015, 07:58 AM
Your apology accepted :)

midcan5
05-30-2015, 09:24 AM
These threads make me laugh. Do you buy American? Probably not, soon Japan and Korea will control our auto industry, you know why, prices and collaborative polices, keiretsu. And how about America's support of China, check your Apple products. Nike and lots more. Where do Americans buy? Come on folks wake up. The TPP will soon once again allow foreign nations to skirt regulations. Contact your reps.

"Japan ships 1.5 million cars to America each year, but allows only 20,000 American cars into its own market. Since 2012, Japan’s yen has devalued by 50 percent against the dollar. Now Japan wants tariff-free access to the U.S. market through the TPP while it continues to cheat on currency." see American Manufacturing.org and TPP

"If any single number captures the state of the American economy over the last decade, it is zero. That was the net gain in jobs between 1999 and 2009—nada, nil, zip. By painful contrast, from the 1940s through the 1990s, recessions came and went, but no decade ended without at least a 20 percent increase in the number of jobs." Washington Monthly

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/28281-Just-a-few-Questions
http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/28281-Just-a-few-Questions?p=680502&viewfull=1#post680502

"Toyota/Lexus/Scion led the pack for the second year in a row with nearly 5.3 million cars and trucks recalled, followed by the Chrysler Group at around 4.7 million and Honda/Acura with nearly 2.8 million models recalled. While these would seem to be staggering numbers, as NHTSA points out they’re not weighed against sales, and as such aren’t necessarily a predictor of a given model line’s inherent safety or its long-term reliability." Forbes

"The recent job actions and “Black Friday” protests at Walmart underscored the dismal wages and working conditions of many of the nation’s retail workers. Walmart hasn’t staked out some low-wage, no-benefit margin of the labor market: its labor and compensation practices are now the mainstream. For most of the last century, the worst employers in the United States—the tenement sweatshop, the company-town mine—were remnants of our past. Today, they are glimpses into our future." Dissent magazine

WASHINGTON, Toyota and Nissan have recalled 6.5 million more cars because of potentially faulty airbags. 'Those airbag, made by Japanese company Takata, could explode and send shrapnel flying at drivers and passengers. At least five deaths have been linked to the malfunctioning airbags. The cars involved in this recall were made between 2003 and 2007.'

silvereyes
05-30-2015, 02:35 PM
Started a thread some time ago, entitled '0.2', a number that had been released in the 1Q GDP.

The threat start should have been called -0.7. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ECONOMY_GDP?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-05-29-08-31-04

I apologize.

The trade deficit greater 'than expected' the reason, course trade deficits were only a concern during (R) Presidencies.

Some good signs though. Employment gains and consumers continue to spend. But the government continues to spend even more
Can I get a copy chiseled in stone please? :)

Tahuyaman
05-30-2015, 03:15 PM

I apologize.

Every GDP figure released for the last six years has been revised down. This is nothing new. The left always ignores the true number. They only concentrate on the prediction. Then when the actual number fails to meet the prediction they just ignore it.

Peter1469
05-30-2015, 03:40 PM
I think one or two quarters got revised up. That is about it though.

Common
05-30-2015, 04:03 PM
Every GDP figure released for the last six years has been revised down. This is nothing new. The left always ignores the true number. They only concentrate on the prediction. Then when the actual number fails to meet the prediction they just ignore it.

Just where did you pull that gem of knowledge out of your ass, show me where democrats always do that

gamewell45
05-30-2015, 04:23 PM

I apologize.

Your apology is accepted. :)

Tahuyaman
05-30-2015, 05:29 PM
Just where did you pull that gem of knowledge out of your ass, show me where democrats always do that

Are you serious? It's been standard operating procedure for the last six years.

Ransom
05-30-2015, 07:59 PM

This is the third quarter in a row it's been revised down by a % point, Common. But you knew that

Ransom
05-30-2015, 08:01 PM
Can I get a copy chiseled in stone please? :)

I admit when I'm wrong, one of the few Members who does. I was nearly a point off here though, the economy actually contracted in the first quarter. But, you knew that.