PDA

View Full Version : Payback time for cheating bosses

Common
05-31-2015, 08:32 PM
Payback time for cheating bosses as state recovers more than $30 million in wage theft, according to audit

There are cases of wage theft all over the country, more and more workers are aware.
Guess who is the only one that helps these employees and without that help they would be screwed. Yeah you got it, THE GOVT. Thats why the Krotch bros and corporate america Want you to hate the govt for them.

State labor officials have made progress in cracking down on wage theft by employers across New York, recouping more than $30 million on behalf of about 27,000 workers last year, an audit has found.

The amount recovered in withheld pay and interest is a record, and was up 35% from a year earlier. The state controller’s audit follows a prior report on 2011-13 that found a large backlog of cases.
Auditors said the state Division of Labor Standards has changed policies and operations, now completing 80% of its wage investigations within six months.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/state-recovers-30-million-wage-theft-audit-article-1.2242049

Heres another, I could post dozens of theses and the theft is in the 100s of millions.

Walmart & Contractor Settle $21M Wage Theft Suit, Days After Obama Praises Penny-Pinching Retailer
http://www.democracynow.org/2014/5/15/walmart_contractor_settles_21m_wage_theft

GrassrootsConservative
05-31-2015, 08:39 PM
And how much has "THE GOVT" taken in tax theft?

Way more than that.

And they're going to need $17 trillion more at the rate Obama is going.

But hooray for small peanuts. That completely justifies wars, abortions, keeping poor people on welfare, a militaristic police state, and regulations such that they are driving companies off our land and they are going to other countries.

GrassrootsConservative
05-31-2015, 08:40 PM
LMK when it is payback time for a cheating "GOVT," basically. That would be a far greater help to our nation.

Common
05-31-2015, 08:41 PM
And how much has "THE GOVT" taken in tax theft?

Way more than that.

And they're going to need $17 trillion more at the rate Obama is going.

But hooray for small peanuts. That completely justifies wars, abortions, keeping poor people on welfare, a militaristic police state, and regulations such that they are driving companies off our land and they are going to other countries.

lol not even worth a response and you whine I dont debate you.

Grassrootsconservative shit his pants. He screams ITS BECAUSE THE GOVT SUCKS. lol

GrassrootsConservative
05-31-2015, 08:43 PM
The end in no way justifies the means. But I totally understand you not wanting to debate me. I'm sure I'm becoming intimidating to Liberals at this point.

Redrose
05-31-2015, 08:44 PM
Many employers steal from their employees. In my final job, I earned benefits, sick days and vacation days. They were 8 hour days. They were rolled over each year, you didn't lose them. I used my annual vacation time, and had just a week left at retirement and paid out for one week. My sick time was higher, I had 48 days which is 9 +weeks.

When I retired vacation time was given fully, but sick time was reduced by 75%. I was paid for 12 days.

Why? All the hours were earned at the same pay rate basically, at the time of retirement. They actually stole 36 days pay from me. That's a lot of money to give back to your employer. It was an earned benefit. That was a government job too.

In hindsight I should have called in sick 9 weeks before I retired.

Common
05-31-2015, 08:51 PM
The end in no way justifies the means. But I totally understand you not wanting to debate me. I'm sure I'm becoming intimidating to Liberals at this point.

I dont debate you because you have zero knowledge about anything, all you do is copy others talking points.

Same shit comes out of your mouth about everything its the GOVT. DO you even pay taxs ?? with your minimum wage job

I post about employers robbing their employees and the only thing that those employees have to help them is the govt and You come along and blame the govt. lol

GrassrootsConservative
05-31-2015, 08:53 PM
I dont debate you because you have zero knowledge about anything, all you do is copy others talking points.

Same shit comes out of your mouth about everything its the GOVT. DO you even pay taxs ?? with your minimum wage job

I post about employers robbing their employees and the only thing that those employees have to help them is the govt and You come along and blame the govt. lol

Which number is bigger, 30 million or 17 trillion?

This doesn't take a math whiz.

Common
05-31-2015, 08:57 PM
Many employers steal from their employees. In my final job, I earned benefits, sick days and vacation days. They were 8 hour days. They were rolled over each year, you didn't lose them. I used my annual vacation time, and had just a week left at retirement and paid out for one week. My sick time was higher, I had 48 days which is 9 +weeks.

When I retired vacation time was given fully, but sick time was reduced by 75%. I was paid for 12 days.

Why? All the hours were earned at the same pay rate basically, at the time of retirement. They actually stole 36 days pay from me. That's a lot of money to give back to your employer. It was an earned benefit. That was a government job too.

In hindsight I should have called in sick 9 weeks before I retired.

Many civil service jobs and Police Fire dont pay full sick time accrued at retirement and theres a reason for that.

Your sick time accrues at the pay scale youre at, years later when you retire your payscale can be more than triple in some cases.

Some police depts only give you up to a certain dollar amount when you retire for all accrued time. That is not theft, that is in your rules when you get hired and if you read them it would tell you that. If there were changes after you were hired you would have been informed.

This article is about THEFT pure stealing from their employees and it happens in companys big and small all over the country.

Ivan88
05-31-2015, 09:27 PM
Thanks Common for the thread. What sort of thefts from employees are they tracking down?

GrassrootsConservative
06-01-2015, 10:31 AM
Thanks Common for the thread. What sort of thefts from employees are they tracking down?

Wage theft. Read the first sentence of the thread.

Are you serious?