PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Shootings By Police Twice As High As Official Number, Report Says

Captain Obvious
06-01-2015, 10:48 AM
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/05/31/411027052/fatal-shootings-by-police-twice-as-high-as-official-number-report-says

According to an analysis done by The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/fatal-police-shootings-in-2015-approaching-400-nationwide/2015/05/30/d322256a-058e-11e5-a428-c984eb077d4e_story.html?hpid=z1), police across the country have fatally shot at least 385 people so far this year –- a rate that comes to more than two a day and is twice the number counted by federal authorities.

The newspaper says it used interviews, police reports, local news accounts and other sources to arrive at the number. "The Post tracked more than a dozen details about each killing through Friday, including the victim's race, whether the person was armed and the circumstances that led to the fatal encounter. The result is an unprecedented examination of these shootings, many of which began as minor incidents and suddenly escalated into violence."

The Post said about half the victims were white, half minority, "The Post tracked more than a dozen details about each killing through Friday, including the victim's race, whether the person was armed and the circumstances that led to the fatal encounter. The result is an unprecedented examination of these shootings, many of which began as minor incidents and suddenly escalated into violence."

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2015/05/31/ap763769421533-75041458a0e5889f839db58e8f946d4077a69bbe-s700-c85.jpg

Archer0915
06-01-2015, 10:50 AM
And? #whitelivesmattertoo

GrassrootsConservative
06-01-2015, 10:53 AM
NPR put this article out why?

They are part of the problem. They are statists. They want to funnel more power to the police and government.

This is their doing and the doing of statists everywhere. This is the logical conclusion I have been warning these fucking retards of for years. It's happening.

NPR doesn't get to complain about it now. What they and statists everywhere need to do is issue public apologies to the families of those killed and then not vote for this bullshit ever fucking again.

Mac-7
06-01-2015, 10:56 AM

They are part of the problem. They are statists. They want to funnel more power to the police and government.

This is their doing and the doing of statists everywhere. This is the logical conclusion I have been warning these $#@!ing retards of for years. It's happening.

NPR doesn't get to complain about it now. What they and statists everywhere need to do is issue public apologies to the families of those killed and then not vote for this bull$#@! ever $#@!ing again.

NPR is government propaganda.

If obumer wants to federalize the local police departments WaPo and government radio are going to help him.

Cigar
06-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Welcome to Yesterday and All Last Week

Fatal shooting in Baltimore is city's 40th homicide this month (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/45342-Fatal-shooting-in-Baltimore-is-city-s-40th-homicide-this-month)

U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months: REPORT

WASHINGTON, May 30 (Reuters) - U.S. police have shot and killed 385 people during the first five months of this year, a rate of more than two a day, the Washington Post reported on Saturday.

The death rate is more than twice that tallied by the federal government over the past decade, a count that officials concede is incomplete, the newspaper said.

The analysis is based on data the Post is compiling on every fatal shooting by police in 2015, as well as of every officer killed by gunfire in the line of duty.

snip

Federal Bureau of Investigation records over the past decade show about 400 fatal police shootings a year, or an average of 1.1 deaths a day. Reporting of shootings by police agencies is voluntary.

But the Post's analysis indicates the daily death toll for 2015 is close to 2.6 as of Friday. At that pace, police will have shot and killed nearly 1,000 people by the end of the year, the paper said.

Read More http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...f=black-voices (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/31/police-fatal-shootings-20_n_7477658.html?utm_hp_ref=black-voices&ir=Black%20Voices&utm_hp_ref=black-voices)

The Sage of Main Street
06-01-2015, 11:05 AM

This is their doing and the doing of statists everywhere. This is the logical conclusion I have been warning these $#@!ing retards of for years. It's happening.

NPR doesn't get to complain about it now. What they and statists everywhere need to do is issue public apologies to the families of those killed and then not vote for this bull$#@! ever $#@!ing again. The Libretardian perspective on these shootings is rugged-individualist gangbangers being deprived of their free-market lootfest by Statist police.

The Xl
06-01-2015, 11:14 AM
Shocking.

Calypso Jones
06-01-2015, 11:15 AM
How many cops have been killed?

NPR also wants to teach four year olds about sex. Does it ever occur to anyone that NPR is wrong headed and dangerous to the well being and freedom of americans?

Captain Obvious
06-01-2015, 11:16 AM

NPR also wants to teach four year olds about sex. Does it ever occur to anyone that NPR is wrong headed and dangerous to the well being and freedom of americans?

Just ignore all the RWNJ lunacy and focus on the OP point, thanks.

JDubya
06-01-2015, 11:25 AM

NPR doesn't get to complain about it now. What they and statists everywhere need to do is issue public apologies to the families of those killed and then not vote for this bull$#@! ever $#@!ing again.

:blahblah:

JDubya
06-01-2015, 11:26 AM

If obumer wants to federalize the local police departments WaPo and government radio are going to help him.

JDubya
06-01-2015, 11:26 AM

GrassrootsConservative
06-01-2015, 11:29 AM
:laughing4:

This is what you do when you can't debate using logic.

JDubya
06-01-2015, 06:31 PM
:laughing4:

This is what you do when you can't debate using logic.

No, that's how I respond to babbling nonsense that doesn't deserve anything better.

Beevee
06-01-2015, 08:02 PM

Are you acknowledging that propaganda is practiced by the present government?

If so, would you acknowledge the same of all previous governments?

Safety
06-01-2015, 08:21 PM

This is their doing and the doing of statists everywhere. This is the logical conclusion I have been warning these fucking retards of for years. It's happening.

NPR doesn't get to complain about it now. What they and statists everywhere need to do is issue public apologies to the families of those killed and then not vote for this bullshit ever fucking again.

Just ignore all the RWNJ lunacy and focus on the OP point, thanks.

Why is it so hard to discuss the message?

Susan B. Anthony
06-01-2015, 08:46 PM
I'm glad they're dead.

Tahuyaman
06-01-2015, 08:52 PM
Are you acknowledging that propaganda is practiced by the present government?

If so, would you acknowledge the same of all previous governments?

So, do you agree that NPR is basically government propaganda or not?

Beevee
06-01-2015, 10:14 PM
So, do you agree that NPR is basically government propaganda or not?

Everything coming out of the US is propaganda.

Guerilla
06-01-2015, 11:43 PM
I think all these race and cop problems were caused or exasperated by the media sensationalizing these things recently. Race wasn't a problem, and cops were a problem that were on no ones radar, until the media started bombarding the populace with it.

donttread
06-02-2015, 05:57 AM
The Libretardian perspective on these shootings is rugged-individualist gangbangers being deprived of their free-market lootfest by Statist police.

End prohibition and watch these numbers drop

donttread
06-02-2015, 05:58 AM
Shocking.

Interesting how the federal data is bullshit. Gee I wonder if any of their other data is suspect? Hummm

Mac-7
06-02-2015, 06:31 AM
Captain Obvious gets all his propaganda from government radio.

zelmo1234
06-02-2015, 07:47 AM
No, that's how I respond to babbling nonsense that doesn't deserve anything better.

A rational person would want to use facts and figures to prove the opposing point wrong so others would not be mislead.

zelmo1234
06-02-2015, 07:55 AM
I think all these race and cop problems were caused or exasperated by the media sensationalizing these things recently. Race wasn't a problem, and cops were a problem that were on no ones radar, until the media started bombarding the populace with it.

Really? What I remember is in the Travon case the Media had Zimmerman Convicted and Travon was a dear sweet boy that was hunted by a racist, then the racist turned out to be Hispanic and he became the new class. White Hispanic, even though he is not white.

Then I remember, a sweet young Black Gentle Giant with his hands up giving himself up to police saying don't shoot and he was gunned down in cold blood. But it turned out that he was not a gentile giant but a street thug trying to take an officers gun and kill him with it after committing a strong armed robbery.

I remember the merchant in NYC that was still selling illegal Cigs, and the man in Baltimore that was running from the police and had a record a mile long.

You see in all of these cases to turn the public on the police, the media had to tell a lie to begin with.

So my question is? If the police is so out of control. like in the SC shooting? Why is it that the media has to lie about the cases where the police were in the right. And hardly took the time to cover the SC shooting, because the police were in the wrong and prosecuted or it?

Safety
06-02-2015, 08:09 AM
Really? What I remember is in the Travon case the Media had Zimmerman Convicted and Travon was a dear sweet boy that was hunted by a racist, then the racist turned out to be Hispanic and he became the new class. White Hispanic, even though he is not white.

Then I remember, a sweet young Black Gentle Giant with his hands up giving himself up to police saying don't shoot and he was gunned down in cold blood. But it turned out that he was not a gentile giant but a street thug trying to take an officers gun and kill him with it after committing a strong armed robbery.

I remember the merchant in NYC that was still selling illegal Cigs, and the man in Baltimore that was running from the police and had a record a mile long.

You see in all of these cases to turn the public on the police, the media had to tell a lie to begin with.

So my question is? If the police is so out of control. like in the SC shooting? Why is it that the media has to lie about the cases where the police were in the right. And hardly took the time to cover the SC shooting, because the police were in the wrong and prosecuted or it?

Maybe you should take that up with the Sanford police department....

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s3/sh/94e4f125-4491-4207-9bb9-f84cd193a27b/8ab5c5e55afd8a4ae7b16ebc40fed78a/deep/0/Police%20Report%20About%20Trayvon%20Martin%20Killi ng.png

BTW - you going to complain again that I only bolded part of your post?

The Sage of Main Street
06-02-2015, 11:46 AM
The Libretardian perspective on these shootings is rugged-individualist gangbangers being deprived of their free-market lootfest by Statist police.

End prohibition and watch these numbers drop Only a STATIST!!! would try to end the free market run by drugdealers! You want to punish the risk-takers!

Chris
06-02-2015, 11:55 AM
I'm glad they're dead.

Kind of a nasty thing to say, to be glad someone is dead.

Susan B. Anthony
06-02-2015, 12:00 PM

Still glad.

Safety
06-02-2015, 12:00 PM

par for course with some.

Susan B. Anthony
06-02-2015, 12:01 PM
par for couse with some.

Back atcha lol.

The Xl
06-02-2015, 12:05 PM

It's a completely ignorant and disgusting thing to say. I'm sure there are plenty of people who were either innocent or didn't deserve that kind of harsh sentence, but she doesn't care. The police, and the state are a religion, they can do know wrong. These kind of enablers are psychotic and dangerous.

Susan B. Anthony
06-02-2015, 12:07 PM
It's a completely ignorant and disgusting thing to say. I'm sure there are plenty of people who were either innocent or didn't deserve that kind of harsh sentence, but she doesn't care. The police, and the state are a religion, they can do know wrong. These kind of enablers are psychotic and dangerous.

The police can do know wrong lol.

Safety
06-02-2015, 12:12 PM

Must carry this at all times when dealing with people like that.....

http://home.comcast.net/~ghayman3/garmin.gps/troll.spray.jpg

Susan B. Anthony
06-02-2015, 12:15 PM
I see a couple of posters who should be in the stupid liberal thread lol.

The Xl
06-02-2015, 12:26 PM
The police can do know wrong lol.

Whoa. A spelling error. You sure got me.

You're a child

The Xl
06-02-2015, 12:26 PM
Must carry this at all times when dealing with people like that.....

http://home.comcast.net/~ghayman3/garmin.gps/troll.spray.jpg

Basically.

GrassrootsConservative
06-02-2015, 12:35 PM
Why is it so hard to discuss the message?
@Safety (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1226)
Because the message is something that has been repeated over and over by me ad infinitum since ~7 years ago when Obama was elected. People pay attention to Conservatives and they are ahead of this shitty game. You want me to keep talking about how shitty the Democrats have made this country with their police state and their corrupt fucking lies? You want me just to repeat the message you can find in my signature about how people need to wake up and realize government doesn't fucking help people?

I'm sick of myself saying it I can't imagine how much Liberals actively attempting to ignore the truth of the matter, like Cigar posting on page one, are sick of it. What about you? Are you not sick of me trying to educate you all about the absolute horrors placed upon the American people by this administration?

The message was approached hours days weeks months years ago get with the program. Now is the time to unveil these morons for what they are. NPR has no right to complain. Anyone that wants any form of bigger government has no right to complain.

I want to save you all from this but I can't do it if nobody is going to listen.

/Edit: I told EVERYONE this was going to happen. Have been saying it for years. Missed it? Not my fucking problem.

Susan B. Anthony
06-02-2015, 12:38 PM

You're a child
And you don't even "no" the difference between a spelling error and a misused word.

You are officially relegated to liberal IQ status.

Safety
06-02-2015, 01:55 PM

You're a child

You must hate children.

Racist.

The Xl
06-02-2015, 01:59 PM
And you don't even "no" the difference between a spelling error and a misused word.

You are officially relegated to liberal IQ status.

Yep, that's it, it wasn't an oversight or anything. And actually misusing a word is still a spelling error, as the word no isn't spelled know.

You're a troll, and a shitty one. That's probably because you're stupid.

The Xl
06-02-2015, 02:01 PM
The low IQ con simpletons have been resorted to nitpicking at spelling errors and word oversight, along with random, baseless boasts about how smart they are. People sure do go to desperate lengths when everything else falls apart.

PolWatch
06-02-2015, 02:04 PM
The internet is an amazing place. Every other poster is a millionaire, 90% are geniuses. We not only have posters who have undergone sex change but race change and sexual orientation change.

The Xl
06-02-2015, 02:08 PM
The internet is an amazing place. Every other poster is a millionaire, 90% are geniuses. We not only have posters who have undergone sex change but race change and sexual orientation change.

Everyone is a genius, has a 12 inch cock, and a 700 bench press on teh intrawebz

Susan B. Anthony
06-02-2015, 02:36 PM
Yep, that's it, it wasn't an oversight or anything. And actually misusing a word is still a spelling error, as the word no isn't spelled know.

You're a troll, and a $#@!ty one. That's probably because you're stupid.
We both no I'm not as stupid as you are.

donttread
06-02-2015, 07:26 PM
Everyone is a genius, has a 12 inch cock, and a 700 bench press on teh intrawebz

donttread
06-02-2015, 07:26 PM
Not me , I can only bench 500.

The Sage of Main Street
06-03-2015, 11:55 AM
The police can do know wrong lol. Are knows nose when smelly spelling exposes a defective education.