PDA

View Full Version : Obama, Romney in dead heat in presidential race

Trinnity
07-19-2012, 04:35 AM
[/URL][URL="http://Obama,%20Romney%20in%20dead%20heat%20in%20presiden tial%20race%3Cbr%20/%3E"]Obama, Romney in dead heat in presidential race (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57475178-503544/obama-romney-in-dead-heat-in-presidential-race/)

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/07/18/2012_Vote_for_President_120718_1.gif
Republicans are more enthusiastic than Democrats when it comes to voting in this election, though just one in three registered voters overall are more enthusiastic than they were in the past. Roughly half of Republicans say they are more enthusiastic compared to past elections - up from 36 percent in March - while just 27 percent of Democrats say they same.

Fifty-four percent of registered voters cite the economy and jobs as "extremely" important in their presidential vote, more than any other issue. Here Romney has the edge: 49 percent of registered voters say he would do a better job handling the economy and jobs, while 41 percent cite Mr. Obama. Romney is also seen as better on the federal budget deficit (50 percent to 36 percent), taxes (47 percent to 42 percent) and illegal immigration (46 percent to 38 percent). Mr. Obama as seen as better on foreign policy (47 percent to 40 percent) and social issues (48 percent to 37 percent). Views of the candidates on health care and terrorism were split.

Only 28 percent believe Mr. Obama has fulfilled his promise to deliver positive change for the country. Fifty-eight percent say he has not delivered change, while seven percent say he has delivered change that has been bad for the country.
Mr. Obama's overall approval rating stands at 44 percent, with 46 percent disapproving. His approval rating on the economy is just 39 percent - 55 percent disapprove - and his approval rating on foreign policy is 41 percent. His approval rating on the economy has dropped five points since April.

Seven in ten Americans say the economy is in bad shape. While 24 percent say it is getting better - down from 33 percent in April - 30 percent say it is getting worse. That marks the highest percentage who say the economy is getting worse since December. Two in five Americans say they are very concerned someone in their household will lose their job.

The undecided vote always breaks in favor of the challenger. All the signs point to a defeat for Obama.

coolwalker
07-20-2012, 02:22 PM
This race will go down to the wire which is why Obama has so many lawyers on retainer.

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Hard to believe there are that many Marxists in this country.

MMC
07-20-2012, 04:02 PM
This race will go down to the wire which is why Obama has so many lawyers on retainer.

Indeed this is true.....Obama's people were also quoted saying he wanted to win things fair and square but if he has to he will take it to the Supreme Court.

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 04:16 PM
If he has to...he'll resort to cheating.

Captain Obvious
07-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Voters don't vote on issues primarily, they vote on emotion.

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Voters don't vote on issues primarily, they vote on emotion.

Only liberals do that.

wingrider
07-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Only liberals do that.
I disagree,, Goldie.. I will vote this year strictly on emotion,, I want that POS marxist SOB out of the oval office so bad I can taste it.

Goldie Locks
07-20-2012, 07:07 PM
I disagree,, Goldie.. I will vote this year strictly on emotion,, I want that POS marxist SOB out of the oval office so bad I can taste it.

But that is based on what you know, not emotion.

Trinnity
07-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Hard to believe there are that many Marxists in this country.There aren't. It's the bullshit swallowing idiots, the just plain ignorant, and those who suck the govt teet. There's millions of them.

coolwalker
07-23-2012, 03:07 PM
What we need to make this rock-solid is a run-a-way win...more than 10 points so thatr Obama will look like the spoiled little brat cry-baby he really is when he calls for the lawyers.