PDA

View Full Version : Scott Walker: Congress shouldn't water down PATRIOT Act

Green Arrow
06-03-2015, 04:04 PM
Scott Walker: Congress shouldn't have watered down the PATRIOT Act (http://www.politico.com/multimedia/video/2015/06/scott-walker-congress-shouldnt-have-watered-down-the-patriot-act.html?ml=tl_25)

Well, that pretty much cements my decision not to support Scott Walker.

zelmo1234
06-03-2015, 04:09 PM
That is not a good thing in my book either

I watched the video and will need to see some answers in the debates to get a better Idea of what he means.

But some of the crap was just not constitutional.

GrassrootsConservative
06-03-2015, 04:22 PM
He's right. Congress shouldn't water down the Patriot Act.

The Patriot Act should be repealed and forgotten except as a reminder of how bad Liberal expansion of government is and the resulting lack of freedoms, liberties, and privacy.

Green Arrow
06-03-2015, 04:26 PM

The Patriot Act should be repealed and forgotten except as a reminder of how bad Liberal expansion of government is and the resulting lack of freedoms, liberties, and privacy.

Yeah, well, Scott Walker doesn't want it to be repealed or changed, he wants it left as is. So that makes him unsupportable for me.

nic34
06-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Scott Walker: Congress shouldn't have watered down the PATRIOT Act (http://www.politico.com/multimedia/video/2015/06/scott-walker-congress-shouldnt-have-watered-down-the-patriot-act.html?ml=tl_25)

You wouldn't have any more than me.... :grin:

But they aren't all that worried about this, Limpy's worried that the GOPERS might accept Caitlyn Jenner....:shocked:

http://www.politico.com/multimedia/video/2015/06/limbaugh-to-gop-dont-accept-caitlyn-jenner.html

nic34
06-03-2015, 04:46 PM

The Patriot Act should be repealed and forgotten except as a reminder of how bad neo-con expansion of government is and the resulting lack of freedoms, liberties, and privacy.

Fixed it. :wink:

zelmo1234
06-03-2015, 04:47 PM
I hate to inform our Democratic Friends but Hillary is a supporter of the patriot act as well.

I know that Green knows this, the rest I am not sure.

Green Arrow
06-03-2015, 05:04 PM
You wouldn't have any more than me.... :grin:

But they aren't all that worried about this, Limpy's worried that the GOPERS might accept Caitlyn Jenner....:shocked:

http://www.politico.com/multimedia/video/2015/06/limbaugh-to-gop-dont-accept-caitlyn-jenner.html

Well, yeah, I had already decided Scott Walker wasn't on my list of candidates to support anyway. But this just cemented that.

Green Arrow
06-03-2015, 05:05 PM
I hate to inform our Democratic Friends but Hillary is a supporter of the patriot act as well.

I was gonna say...

http://www.troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/bitch-please-i-know-you-know-me-.jpg

Don
06-03-2015, 05:13 PM
The Patriot Act should be repealed and forgotten except as a reminder of how bad neo-con expansion of government is and the resulting lack of freedoms, liberties, and privacy.

The Patriot Act should be repealed and forgotten except as a reminder of how bad republican/democrat establishment expansion of government is and the resulting lack of freedoms, liberties, and privacy.

I fixed it for you!:wink::laugh:

nic34
06-03-2015, 05:17 PM

I know. Hillary is wrong on this one.

nic34
06-03-2015, 05:18 PM
The Patriot Act should be repealed and forgotten except as a reminder of how bad republican/democrat establishment expansion of government is and the resulting lack of freedoms, liberties, and privacy.

I fixed it for you!:wink::laugh:

https://almostchosenpeople.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/imagespkrxdh6a.jpg

Green Arrow
06-03-2015, 05:20 PM

Kinda, yeah.

GrassrootsConservative
06-03-2015, 05:23 PM

Neo-con = Liberal = Progressive = Statist = Authoritarian = Fascist...

Whatever.

You didn't fix anything, you just changed the wording for some reason.

Cthulhu
06-03-2015, 08:48 PM

Bingo, they should have repealed that treasonous thing.

Sent from my evil, kitten eating cell phone.

Common
06-03-2015, 08:48 PM
Scott walker is the last person on either side that I would vote for

Tahuyaman
06-03-2015, 08:54 PM

i think it should be eliminated

Ivan88
06-05-2015, 09:32 PM
That "Governor" is just another anti-America bullycrat.
Ah, the joys of our wooden yokes.
Wait till the "patriots" rebel and we get an iron yoke.

For our collective rebellion to the God of America, as recognized in the Declaration of Independence, as "nature's God", we have those who hate us ruling over us.

Check out these Texas cops killing a soldier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzdinvzfAiY

Ivan88
06-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Why should we miss any of the previous regimes that always went from bad to worse until the current regime?

Ransom
06-06-2015, 06:24 AM
Scott walker is the last person on either side that I would vote for

He's toasted you Leftists too many times to receive your support? Stunning. Normally, the last person someone on the Left would vote for is someone who has consistently defeated their message and made them look like fools doing it. I remember he had the Wisconsin Legislature fleeing to other states trying to hide from vote calls in their House. They were using busing in opposition to 'occupy' their statehouse. MSNBC up there all aflame, the first moron they wake up sleeping on the floor is from Montana. You shouldn't vote for him Common, he's making y'all look like clowns.

Ransom
06-06-2015, 06:37 AM
He won an election.....a recount....a recall...... and a re-election.

birddog
06-06-2015, 11:56 AM
I'm not a "one trick pony." I don't agree with Walker on not watering down The Patriot Act, but I still believe he would be a fine President.

Green Arrow
06-06-2015, 12:00 PM
I'm not a "one trick pony." I don't agree with Walker on not watering down The Patriot Act, but I still believe he would be a fine President.

I am a one trick pony. I like the constitution. If you're willing to flagrantly abuse the constitution in one area, you put your foot in the door for other abuses.

birddog
06-06-2015, 12:05 PM
I am a one trick pony. I like the constitution. If you're willing to flagrantly abuse the constitution in one area, you put your foot in the door for other abuses.

It depends on your interpretation thereof. You might not be able to support any candidate if you look close enough.

Green Arrow
06-06-2015, 01:04 PM
It depends on your interpretation thereof. You might not be able to support any candidate if you look close enough.

If that is the case, then so be it. I will continue to stand up for my principles and morals regardless.

Peter1469
06-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Yes, this pretty much causes me to write Scott Walker off.

The Xl
06-06-2015, 01:19 PM
I'm sure it's not the only issue Walker is hot garbage on. Like the rest of the neocons and libs.

Green Arrow
06-06-2015, 01:21 PM
I'm sure it's not the only issue Walker is hot garbage on. Like the rest of the neocons and libs.

Oh, it's not. Like I said, I had already more or less decided not to support him, but his support for the PATRIOT Act in full turned "more or less" into "hell fucking no."

Ransom
06-07-2015, 07:26 AM
This moves him up on the Ransom and people who know what the fck is going on meters. Ewe all can go back to sleep.

Common
06-07-2015, 07:30 AM
This moves him up on the Ransom and people who know what the fck is going on meters. Ewe all can go back to sleep.

Moves him down on the real american meters, the americans that realize that people that have less than us need to live too. Walker is a bought and paid for billionaires bitch and always has been

Ransom
06-07-2015, 07:36 AM
Uh.... just a country second...... do we have some Obama supporters in here railing off on Walker. Obama voted for the Surveillance Act in 2008. Expanded and extended that program during his first four years.... and received the majority of votes by many in here. Obama has extended and expanded the Patriot Act as well...... and how many in here chortling off about Neocons voted for Obama in 2012?

That dog don't hunt here. That much of the reason I'm here, for sheer entertainment. All Obama voters........ right now......... please remove yourself from the conversation, you're splitting my sides.

Ransom
06-07-2015, 07:37 AM
Moves him down on the real american meters, the americans that realize that people that have less than us need to live too. Walker is a bought and paid for billionaires $#@! and always has been

No he wasn't ever bought and paid for Common, you heard that on Oprah.

Ransom
06-07-2015, 07:39 AM
Oh, it's not. Like I said, I had already more or less decided not to support him, but his support for the PATRIOT Act in full turned "more or less" into "hell $#@!ing no."

I reckon he can scratch off Arrow as if Scotty ever had a shot in Green's planet.:rolleyes:

Ransom
06-07-2015, 07:41 AM
Xl....... is that you? Are you in here either whining or crying or both..... that there are constituents who would vote for candidates who support or even engage in the Patriot Act's contents?

Are you f'n serious?

PolWatch
06-07-2015, 07:42 AM
He won an election.....a recount....a recall...... and a re-election.

hmm...the Ransom version of 'back to black', 'won twice', etc.....

We now have a matched set of partisan (Ransom/Cigar) posting style

Common
06-07-2015, 07:42 AM
No he wasn't ever bought and paid for Common, you heard that on Oprah.

You give yourself way to much credit as being the all knowing seer of everything right wing
Ive read about it MANY places. You could find it too but you only look for pictures of the koch brothers kissing his each of his buttocks

Common
06-07-2015, 07:43 AM

Dear lord was that perfect lol

Ransom
06-07-2015, 07:44 AM

How would you describe your contribution to actually fixing it when you voted for Obama, and when he extended and even expanded the Patriot Act, you voted for him again?

Ransom
06-07-2015, 07:56 AM
You give yourself way to much credit as being the all knowing seer of everything right wing
Ive read about it MANY places. You could find it too but you only look for pictures of the koch brothers kissing his each of his buttocks

Common, why not do some digging. Rather than expose yourself again. Walker won the Wisconsin election where campaign donations have limits..... and the Democrats immediately attempted a recall election. Historically, recalls are engaged when there has been corruption or improprieties there was no such thing, the Dems opposed his policies and thus money poured in to do just that, force a recall vote. In order to protect elected officials Common...... campaign limits are removed for the recall. Because most state's laws understand raising funds and campaigning for a recall takes time from the office whereupon they were duly elected. The Koch Bros seeing the crass methods of the Left gave money to Walkers campaign...... same as many big names as many in the GOP watched Wisconsin Lawmakers flee to other states, bus unwashed teenagers from out of state in to camp in the Capitol, and force expensive to Walker recall elections for political purposes. The issue in that event wasn't Koch Brother money, it was the Union and Left Wing money that poured in and once again..... Walker won that recall by a huge margin, his policies implemented. Policies that make sense by the way. You are lost son. Someone mentions Koch to you and you think coke and snort it right up. Homework!!

Ransom
06-07-2015, 08:03 AM

Well, I guess it's only fair you should attempt a 'match' for me when I've shown time and again how your opinions goosestep with the American Left. And unless your theory on matching is one of opposites attract, I don't think your going to have luck with this particular attempt. I'm not a racist.

Tahuyaman
06-09-2015, 08:47 AM

I disagree with him on the Patriot Act, but I could still support him over several other candidates. After all, extending, eliminating or tinkering with the Patriot Act is a Congressional responsibility. Plus, I suspect that he does not know the full extent every element of the Patriot Act right now.

Captain Obvious
06-09-2015, 08:53 AM

Same here.

@Bo-4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1297) - when you come out of whatever rock you're under you may commence the Scott Walker bashing unimpugned.

:biglaugh:

Green Arrow
06-09-2015, 10:48 AM
I disagree with him on the Patriot Act, but I could still support him over several other candidates. After all, extending, eliminating or tinkering with the Patriot Act is a Congressional responsibility. Plus, I suspect that he does not know the full extent every element of the Patriot Act right now.

But they would need President Walker to support or veto the legislation, and I'd like my president to serve as my last line of defense against bad congressional law. In this case, President Walker would abandon his post and surrender to the enemy.

Tahuyaman
06-09-2015, 10:56 AM
But they would need President Walker to support or veto the legislation, and I'd like my president to serve as my last line of defense against bad congressional law. In this case, President Walker would abandon his post and surrender to the enemy.

I'm not so sure you are correct. I'd have to hear what changes he thinks would be watering it down in his mind. Saying you don't want it watered down is not the same as saying keep it as is. It can be changed to not infringe on our rights, but still be a useful tool to fight terrorism.

personally, I'd like to see it repealed completely, but that's not a realistic expectation.

Bo-4
06-28-2015, 12:16 PM
Same here.

@Bo-4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1297) - when you come out of whatever rock you're under you may commence the Scott Walker bashing unimpugned.

Don't mind if i do.

That bald spot he got from "hitting his head on a cabinet during a plumbing accident" keeps getting creepier and creepier.
He should wear the goofy skullcap 24/7. :biglaugh:

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-IU222_0606WA_P_20150606172439.jpg

Common
06-28-2015, 01:38 PM

I wasnt supporting him before, but why would this surprise anyone. Scott Walker marchs to the tune the Koch Bros are humming. War makes the Koch bros richer along with all their rich friends.

Peter1469
06-28-2015, 02:36 PM
I wasnt supporting him before, but why would this surprise anyone. Scott Walker marchs to the tune the Koch Bros are humming. War makes the Koch bros richer along with all their rich friends.

The Koch brothers are against government. Naturally most Americans hate the Hock brothers because of this.

donttread
06-29-2015, 07:38 AM

I had never planned on supporting him to begin with but if I had I'd agree with you.

zelmo1234
06-29-2015, 07:50 AM
So people that would not have voted for walker will not support him because of this.

However most will vote for Hillary, who actually voted for it????

That makes a lot of sense to me?????? Well no it does not. I suspect that this is another issue she has magically evolved on

PolWatch
06-29-2015, 07:52 AM
I had never planned on supporting him to begin with but if I had I'd agree with you.

There are some issues that give us insight into a candidate's thoughts. I think the PA is one of those. PA = big government, no right to privacy.

To me, its like those who changed their mind on the vote to invade Iraq. I have more respect who started out supporting the invasion than those who caved to the advertising campaign.

donttread
06-29-2015, 08:05 AM
So people that would not have voted for walker will not support him because of this.

However most will vote for Hillary, who actually voted for it????

That makes a lot of sense to me?????? Well no it does not. I suspect that this is another issue she has magically evolved on

Most mainstream Donkephant supporters are all about big government employing them, keeping them safe, tucking them in at night etc anyway .