PDA

View Full Version : That's it; Morgan is OFF the Christmas List!

Cigar
07-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Morgan Freeman gives $1 million to pro-Obama super PAC Priorities Action USA

Freeman issued a statement urging others to donate to help the Obama campaign combat spending by conservative groups.

“Pres. Obama has done a remarkable job in historically difficult circumstances. He ended combat operations in Iraq, put in place sensible reforms of Wall Street, saved the auto industry and protected the health care of every American. He has led our nation to be more tolerant and placed impressive, accomplished women on the Supreme Court. In return, he is the target of hundreds of millions of dollars from right-wing sources. I am proud to lend my voice - and support - to those who defend him. Priorities USA Action is doing a great job of protecting the values I believe in. I am happy to help them and I hope others will join me.”

Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/post/morgan-freeman-gives-1-million-to-pro-obama-super-pac-priorities-action-usa/2012/07/19/gJQAdl9evW_blog.html

Freeman, whose newest film “The Dark Knight Rises,”opens Friday, shared one of his own political objectives in a recent Newsweek interview. Banning marijuana use is “just the stupidest law possible,” he said.

I wonder what Rush thinks about that ... :roflmao:

Peter1469
07-19-2012, 10:51 AM
A great actor. Perhaps the best.

But apparently dumb.

Cigar
07-19-2012, 10:52 AM
A great actor. Perhaps the best.

But apparently dumb.

Apparently has a $1 million to give and is transparent about it. :tongue:

Peter1469
07-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Apparently has a $1 million to give and is transparent about it. :tongue:

And that is perfectly fine. That is my criteria for campaign funding. 100% transparency.

I still place Morgan at the top of my list of actors- despite his insane political leanings.

coolwalker
07-19-2012, 11:04 AM
I like his acting, I like his voice, I despise his racist tendencies.

Cigar
07-19-2012, 11:05 AM
And that is perfectly fine. That is my criteria for campaign funding. 100% transparency.

I still place Morgan at the top of my list of actors- despite his insane political leanings.

Ok ... that's a perfectly rational response.

You'd never be able to run for Public Office as a Republican thanking that way. :)

Peter1469
07-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Ok ... that's a perfectly rational response.

You'd never be able to run for Public Office as a Republican thanking that way. :)

I am not a republican.

patrickt
07-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Morgan Freeman gives $1 million to pro-Obama super PAC Priorities Action USA
Unlike liberals, I think Mr. Freeman is free to donate to whomever he wishes and is free to speak his mind. And, he can do so without fear since he's a liberal.

Freeman issued a statement urging others to donate to help the Obama campaign combat spending by conservative groups.

“Pres. Obama has done a remarkable job in historically difficult circumstances. He ended combat operations in Iraq, put in place sensible reforms of Wall Street, saved the auto industry and protected the health care of every American. He has led our nation to be more tolerant and placed impressive, accomplished women on the Supreme Court. In return, he is the target of hundreds of millions of dollars from right-wing sources. I am proud to lend my voice - and support - to those who defend him. Priorities USA Action is doing a great job of protecting the values I believe in. I am happy to help them and I hope others will join me.”

Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/post/morgan-freeman-gives-1-million-to-pro-obama-super-pac-priorities-action-usa/2012/07/19/gJQAdl9evW_blog.html

Freeman, whose newest film “The Dark Knight Rises,”opens Friday, shared one of his own political objectives in a recent Newsweek interview. Banning marijuana use is “just the stupidest law possible,” he said.

I wonder what Rush thinks about that ... :roflmao:

Mainecoons
07-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Obama didn't end combat operations in Iraq, that was negotiated under Bush and it was basically dictated by the Iraqis so you can't claim this for Bush either.

I see from the polling that the $100 million y'all spent on that phony Bain attack has fallen flatter than an Obama jobs report. Keep up the good work, helping out the economy while you continue to go down because people know this: "It's the economy, stupid."

Peter1469
07-19-2012, 01:05 PM
There was an opportunity for the US to negotiate for leaving some troops in Iraq after the deadline. Word is that Obama's negotiators didn't even try, even though the Iraqi's actually wanted them to.

Mainecoons
07-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Well, that's to his credit. It will be to his credit if we pack up and get the hell out of Afghanistan too. Both are complete losers for the U.S.

MMC
07-19-2012, 03:38 PM
There was an opportunity for the US to negotiate for leaving some troops in Iraq after the deadline. Word is that Obama's negotiators didn't even try, even though the Iraqi's actually wanted them to.

Yep the Sunni wanted us to leave some Troops behind. The Shia an Al-Sadr didnt. Plus Maliki has gone after the Sunni Ministers.

Trinnity
07-19-2012, 03:54 PM
There was an opportunity for the US to negotiate for leaving some troops in Iraq after the deadline. Word is that Obama's negotiators didn't even try, even though the Iraqi's actually wanted them to. It's SOP to leave some transitional troops. He just wasn't interested in meeting with Iraqi officials about it.

MMC
07-19-2012, 04:10 PM

Yep Pete 100% Transparency. But you are Right he is still a good Actor. Despite his blinders. Now Look up and see What Samuel Jackson said about Obama. Quite the opposite spectrum. :wink:

patrickt
07-19-2012, 04:20 PM
As a conservative I respect Morgan Freeman's right to spend his money in any legal way he chooses and being a conservative I also respect freedom of speech. I question Morgan Freeman's jusdegment but not his right to do as he's done. But then, I'm not a liberal.

Actually, I'm delighted he's not Chinese.