PDA

View Full Version : Backlash from ignoring illegal migration

Peter1469
06-04-2015, 05:07 PM
Backlash from ignoring illegal migration (http://www3.atr.rollcall.com/immigration-news-pew-poll-obama/)

Immigration has, at times, been good for America. It can be good in the future. But the current situation with a broken immigration system is creating an anti-immigration backlash as PEW discovered in a recent poll.

Support for a pathway to legal status for undocumented immigrants remains strong, but the number of Americans who believe immigrants are a drain on the country is on the rise, according to a new Pew Research Center (http://www.pewresearch.org/) report.

The center reports 72 percent of Americans said in a poll conducted in May that undocumented immigrants currently living in the U.S. should be allowed to stay in the country legally, if certain requirements are met. That result has fluctuated only slightly in recent years, according to Pew.

But the survey of 2,002 adults also found the number of respondents who see immigrants as a strain on housing, health care and the jobs market has increased 6 points, from 35 percent to 41 percent, over the past two years.

The survey found President Barack Obama with some of his lowest issue approval ratings for his handling of immigration. Only 37 percent approved of the president’s immigration moves, while 56 percent disapproved.

The poll had a 2.5-point margin of error.

Mac-7
06-04-2015, 05:12 PM
Some illegals will stay.

There is no question about that.

but the liberal demand for amnesty first and border security later is not acceptable.

MisterVeritis
06-04-2015, 05:17 PM
Backlash from ignoring illegal migration (http://www3.atr.rollcall.com/immigration-news-pew-poll-obama/)

Immigration has, at times, been good for America. It can be good in the future. But the current situation with a broken immigration system is creating an anti-immigration backlash as PEW discovered in a recent poll.
The immigration system is not broken.

We have politicians who refuse to faithfully execute the laws.

Peter1469
06-04-2015, 05:43 PM
The immigration system has major flaws. The experts should deal with it.

MisterVeritis
06-04-2015, 05:48 PM
True. The despotic Kennedy did manage to start chain migration. That needs to be reversed. We should completely stop all immigration for the next five years. If you are on welfare out you go.

We should stop misinterpreting the 14th amendment. No anchor babies.

But the system is not broken. The lawless are in charge and they are intent upon destroying the nation we once had.

domer76
06-04-2015, 05:50 PM
Some illegals will stay.

There is no question about that.

but the liberal demand for amnesty first and border security later is not acceptable.
What is less acceptable is the capitalists' demand for cheap labor

Peter1469
06-04-2015, 06:04 PM
True. The despotic Kennedy did manage to start chain migration. That needs to be reversed. We should completely stop all immigration for the next five years. If you are on welfare out you go.

But the system is not broken. The lawless are in charge and they are intent upon destroying the nation we once had.

The system is broken. We shouldn't concern ourselves with where people are coming from; only what can they do for us. We need a lot more people educated in useful skills than high school drop outs.

MisterVeritis
06-04-2015, 06:07 PM
The system is broken. We shouldn't concern ourselves with where people are coming from; only what can they do for us. We need a lot more people educated in useful skills than high school drop outs.
This tells me that you are part of the problem.

If a lawyer will not support lawful behavior but instead excuses lawlessness what can be done?

This is another act of war by the Federal government against the American citizens.

Peter1469
06-04-2015, 07:36 PM
This tells me that you are part of the problem.

If a lawyer will not support lawful behavior but instead excuses lawlessness what can be done?

This is another act of war by the Federal government against the American citizens.

It tells me that you don't understand the current law and its nation based quote system regardless of qualifications to do us any good whatsoever. Not to worry. I am not surprised in the least.

MisterVeritis
06-04-2015, 07:58 PM
It tells me that you don't understand the current law and its nation based quote system regardless of qualifications to do us any good whatsoever. Not to worry. I am not surprised in the least.
It tells me that you are just as lawless as the rest of the federal people waging war against the American citizens.

You are an enemy of the American citizen.

Peter1469
06-04-2015, 08:12 PM
It tells me that you are just as lawless as the rest of the federal people waging war against the American citizens.

You are an enemy of the American citizen.

You are a dishonest poster. Are you a Trinn Bot? If so, go back home. Tell her that her spy got his nuts cuts off. Hand them to her. You clearly don't need them.

Cigar
06-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Tick Tock :grin:

Redrose
06-04-2015, 08:59 PM

A good start would be enforcing the laws on the books.

MisterVeritis
06-04-2015, 09:19 PM
"It tells me that you are just as lawless as the rest of the federal people waging war against the American citizens.

You are an enemy of the American citizen."

You are a dishonest poster. Are you a Trinn Bot? If so, go back home. Tell her that her spy got his nuts cuts off. Hand them to her. You clearly don't need them.
LOL. The dishonest poster says I am dishonest. Cool.

I am very clear that you are an enemy of the American citizen. You are lawless and you support lawlessness.

Dr. Who
06-04-2015, 10:05 PM
"It tells me that you are just as lawless as the rest of the federal people waging war against the American citizens.

You are an enemy of the American citizen."

LOL. The dishonest poster says I am dishonest. Cool.

I am very clear that you are an enemy of the American citizen. You are lawless and you support lawlessness.
You do seem to use a great deal of loaded inflammatory language MV. That tends to give the impression of someone being agenda driven, rather than someone who is looking for discussion. When you start calling people enemies of the American citizen, just based on their opinions, it starts sounding just a tad extremist. I'm sure that you do realize that irrespective of how people cast their ballots in any election, or don't cast ballots at all, real political change takes decades if not longer to take place and to be really truthful, politicians with extreme views of any kind, don't get elected. So characterizing anyone on a message board with a political opinion that diverges from your own, does not make them an enemy of anyone.

Mac-7
06-05-2015, 06:38 AM
You do seem to use a great deal of loaded inflammatory language MV. That tends to give the impression of someone being agenda driven, rather than someone who is looking for discussion. When you start calling people enemies of the American citizen, just based on their opinions, it starts sounding just a tad extremist. I'm sure that you do realize that irrespective of how people cast their ballots in any election, or don't cast ballots at all, real political change takes decades if not longer to take place and to be really truthful, politicians with extreme views of any kind, don't get elected. So characterizing anyone on a message board with a political opinion that diverges from your own, does not make them an enemy of anyone.

Your fellow libs have often called me a traitor.

And I can't count how many times liberals have told me to move out of the country.

And liberal intolerance goes up to the top.

This week I posted a quote by a liberal democrat party senator who seriously thinks skeptics of the man-made global warming hoax should be arrested.

That op was suppressed and didn't stay on the board very long.

but I may post it again

Common
06-05-2015, 06:42 AM
Americans are realizing that the illegal immigration/amnesty crowd is wrong. That this influx of criminals and minimum wage workers has reached complete saturation.

If they commit crimes it costs us a fortune to keep them. If they cant find work it costs a fortune to keep them. If they work it costs us a fortune to keep them, just in education and medical costs they cant afford.

ITS GOTTEN RIDICULOUS but both sides of the aisle are full of it on this subject NEITHER has done a damn thing for different reasons.

MisterVeritis
06-05-2015, 03:32 PM
It comes over time. First there is one dishonest post. Then another. And then two more where I cannot respond. There are many people who hold opinions I disagree with. There are very few who are dishonest and lawless.

He shows himself to be as lawless as the politicians who are driving this nation to its end. Extremism in the support of liberty is no vice.

Do you disagree with me?

Dr. Who
06-05-2015, 04:38 PM
It comes over time. First there is one dishonest post. Then another. And then two more where I cannot respond. There are many people who hold opinions I disagree with. There are very few who are dishonest and lawless.

He shows himself to be as lawless as the politicians who are driving this nation to its end. Extremism in the support of liberty is no vice.

Do you disagree with me?
I disagree with characterizing other people's opinions as being dishonest. If a person believes something sincerely, they are not being dishonest. As to the immigration issue, I don't believe in national quota systems - America needs skilled immigrants, it always has, and especially now, since the birth rate is actually too low to replace the population that is dying. People should be chosen based on specific skill shortages. Any other criteria for admission should be secondary.

Common Sense
06-05-2015, 04:41 PM
Your fellow libs have often called me a traitor.

And I can't count how many times liberals have told me to move out of the country.

And liberal intolerance goes up to the top.

This week I posted a quote by a liberal democrat party senator who seriously thinks skeptics of the man-made global warming hoax should be arrested.

That op was suppressed and didn't stay on the board very long.

but I may post it again

LOL...yeah, you're so oppressed here.

Your post wasn't suppressed.

Yes, you clearly are the picture of tolerance. ;)

Common Sense
06-05-2015, 04:42 PM
I disagree with characterizing other people's opinions as being dishonest. If a person believes something sincerely, they are not being dishonest. As to the immigration issue, I don't believe in national quota systems - America needs skilled immigrants, it always has, and especially now, since the birth rate is actually too low to replace the population that is dying. People should be chosen based on specific skill shortages. Any other criteria for admission should be secondary.

It even needs unskilled ones. Just look at the states that have enacted tough laws on illegals...you'll find food rotting in the fields or fields that lay empty because "real Americans" can't hack farm life.

Mac-7
06-05-2015, 04:46 PM
It even needs unskilled ones. Just look at the states that have enacted tough laws on illegals...you'll find food rotting in the fields or fields that lay empty because "real Americans" can't hack farm life.

First you have to throw lazy people off welfare.

They'll take the jobs when they get hungry enough.

Common Sense
06-05-2015, 04:48 PM
First you have to throw lazy people off welfare.

They'll take the jobs when they get hungry enough.

Yeah, let's throw the single mother of two in Maryland into the farm fields of Mississippi.

Mac-7
06-05-2015, 04:48 PM
LOL...yeah, you're so oppressed here.

Your post wasn't suppressed.

Yes, you clearly are the picture of tolerance. ;)

It was suppressed.

The entire thread was deleted.

Mac-7
06-05-2015, 04:50 PM
Yeah, let's throw the single mother of two in Maryland into the farm fields of Mississippi.

Why not?

Mexican women do it.

Common Sense
06-05-2015, 04:51 PM
It was suppressed.

The entire thread was deleted.

It still exists but was closed.

I support you on this one. Was there a reason given?

Mac-7
06-05-2015, 04:53 PM
It still exists but was closed.

I support you on this one. Was there a reason given?

I asked but never got a reason.

Common Sense
06-05-2015, 04:53 PM
I asked but never got a reason.

Well that's bullshit.

Mac-7
06-05-2015, 04:57 PM
Well that's bull$#@!.

Oh well.

I can take it as well as dish it out.

But what the senator said deserves to get more attention.

Bob
06-05-2015, 04:58 PM

How can you tell when it is the politicians refusing to fund the evictions and handing them keys to the country? I call that willful refusing to uphold the law by politicians.

Common Sense
06-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Oh well.

I can take it as well as dish it out.

But what the senator said deserves to get more attention.

But you do understand the senator wasn't talking about people who don't believe in AGW. He was speaking about corporations and special interest that collude to hide or misrepresent the facts about AGW...just as they did about the dangers of smoking.

Mac-7
06-05-2015, 05:06 PM
But you do understand the senator wasn't talking about people who don't believe in AGW. He was speaking about corporations and special interest that collude to hide or misrepresent the facts about AGW...just as they did about the dangers of smoking.

That was a miscarriage of justice also.

The law was written to bring gangsters to justice and every time it is stretched for some new purpose freedom of speech is threatened.

Common Sense
06-05-2015, 05:11 PM
That was a miscarriage of justice also.

The law was written to bring gangsters to justice and every time it is stretched for some new purpose freedom of speech is threatened.

Really? Collusion by cigarette manufacturers being prosecuted was a miscarriage of justice?

Like some of the AGW corporate deniers of today, cigarette companies funded false studies and put out propaganda that covered up real science. All in an effort to increase profits at the cost of lives.

Mac-7
06-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Really? Collusion by cigarette manufacturers being prosecuted was a miscarriage of justice?

Like some of the AGW corporate deniers of today, cigarette companies funded false studies and put out propaganda that covered up real science. All in an effort to increase profits at the cost of lives.

What you mean is studies that you do not agree with.

Its not governments job to regulate the truth.

Common Sense
06-05-2015, 05:26 PM
What you mean is studies that you do not agree with.

Its not governments job to regulate the truth.

In regards to the smoking studies, they were fabricated studies.

Bob
06-05-2015, 05:44 PM

That shows you the non elected authority of the Feds.

I used to smoke. I never asked the Feds to pull their nonsense.

I really worry when people simply rubber-stamp government no matter what it does.

Such as at Waco, TX,. That was easily preventable.

If those in the church were blacks, the blacks would have rioted all over America. But we republicans saw the church being demonized.

MisterVeritis
06-05-2015, 05:46 PM
This indicates that the government bullied corporations by criminalizing their speech.

The ones colluding to lie to the American people are all involved with the government.

MisterVeritis
06-05-2015, 05:56 PM

Yes. It was a shakedown. We have a gangster government now.

Bob
06-05-2015, 05:56 PM

I have always believed in AGW.

I have offered proof.

The Great Lakes are a wonderful demonstration. So is Yosemite Valley, created by 3 ice ages and thaws.

Question is for me, do I believe that happened with no help from humans and the recent tiny bit of warming will be the ruin of the planet? No help from humans. Believe this, it happened a lot in the past so expect more in the future.

I do not believe the alarmists.

It is not science to them, it is pure politics.

magicmike
06-05-2015, 06:34 PM
What is less acceptable is the capitalists' demand for cheap labor

You left "rich white business owners" out of that.

magicmike
06-05-2015, 06:35 PM
There's that dishonest word again!

magicmike
06-05-2015, 06:36 PM
You're all dishonest and I hate every one of you!

Bob
06-05-2015, 06:38 PM
You left "rich white business owners" out of that.

Use the example of the child and the lawn mower.

Let's pretend for the problem you earn $50 per hour. You may well earn more or less.

Using just the $50 per hour figure, how much do you pay the boy running his lawn mower?

What if you supplied him your mower and your gas? What if you pay insurance for him?

donttread
06-05-2015, 06:44 PM

We live in a place where our front line workers need government assistance just to have food and a place to live. Yet we continue to import cheap labor. How could that not generate resentment?

MisterVeritis
06-05-2015, 06:45 PM
There's that dishonest word again!
Do you need some help using the quote feature?

magicmike
06-05-2015, 07:24 PM
We live in a place where our front line workers need government assistance just to have food and a place to live. Yet we continue to import cheap labor. How could that not generate resentment?

On top of that we live in a place where many of out young military families have to rely on food stamps to feed their kids.

Peter1469
06-05-2015, 07:36 PM
On top of that we live in a place where many of out young military families have to rely on food stamps to feed their kids.

Salaries for lower enlisted were never intended to support a family. I made $600 a month as a private.

MisterVeritis
06-05-2015, 07:37 PM
Salaries for lower enlisted were never intended to support a family. I made $600 a month as a private.
I made $600 per month as a lieutenant.

Peter1469
06-05-2015, 07:41 PM
I made $600 per month as a lieutenant.

OK, my private pay from in 1987. When I got promoted to SGT in Feb 1991 my pay went up to $1015 (+ jump pay) (and combat pay during Desert Storm)

MisterVeritis
06-05-2015, 07:45 PM
OK, my private pay from in 1987. When I got promoted to SGT in Feb 1991 my pay went up to $1015 (+ jump pay) (and combat pay during Desert Storm)
My pay was from January 1976. Jump pay added 100 dollars.

Peter1469
06-05-2015, 07:49 PM
My pay was from January 1976. Jump pay added 100 dollars.
Jump pay was $110 for us. But it also added promotion points- When I got promoted to SGT the points for 11B were really high. It was the jump points that got me over the top.

MisterVeritis
06-05-2015, 07:53 PM
Jump pay was $110 for us. But it also added promotion points- When I got promoted to SGT the points for 11B were really high. It was the jump points that got me over the top.
Understood.

I foolishly volunteered to go to airborne school, then Ranger school and finally Pathfinder school.

Fortunately the Army was broke.

Ivan88
06-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Was it illegal immigrant Texas cops that killed the soldier?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzdinvzfAiY

Mac-7
06-05-2015, 11:23 PM

These are privates.

The entry level pay scale was never intended to support a family.

magicmike
06-06-2015, 08:55 AM

I don't know how to respond to that. Your implication and other posts appear to support denying enlistment to all but single men?

Peter1469
06-06-2015, 09:07 AM
I don't know how to respond to that. Your implication and other posts appear to support denying enlistment to all but single men?

The Marine Corps tried that. It didn't go over well.

I think that married men should be responsible and take jobs that can support their families. A private in the military isn't that job.

Mac-7
06-06-2015, 09:31 AM

Wherever you happen to live I'm sure there are illegal aliens supporting themselves with jobs that Americans refuse to do

magicmike
06-06-2015, 05:10 PM

I think that married men should be responsible and take jobs that can support their families. A private in the military isn't that job.

So they're old enough to kill but not be married? Why can't the military pay all their troops a living wage?

Peter1469
06-06-2015, 05:14 PM
So they're old enough to kill but not be married? Why can't the military pay all their troops a living wage?

First, a living wage is a socialist mantra. The military doesn't recognize it.

Second, privates are usually 17-20 and the military prefers them to be living in the barracks and ready for operations 24-7.

Mister D
06-06-2015, 05:20 PM

Really?

Peter1469
06-06-2015, 05:23 PM
Really?

That comment should be moved to the gender room.

Mister D
06-06-2015, 05:30 PM
lol

MisterVeritis
06-06-2015, 10:22 PM
The Marxism is very strong in this one. I bet he is about twenty and has yet to do anything productive.

kilgram
06-07-2015, 06:42 AM

I don't know how to take this comment with all the implicit things in it.

donttread
06-07-2015, 06:54 AM
The immigration system is not broken.

We have politicians who refuse to faithfully execute the laws.

The current status of illegal immigration serves the Donkephant well so it will not be addressed in any major way, just as I successfully predicted in 2012.

Common
06-07-2015, 07:08 AM
The current status of illegal immigration serves the Donkephant well so it will not be addressed in any major way, just as I successfully predicted in 2012.

Youre right, since reagan gave amnesty to over 3million the flow has increased and has never stopped.
Decades of republican and democrat politicians have done nothing to stop the flow of illegal immigration.

When the people get fired up they pacify. The truth is neither party is going to do a damn thing about illegal immigration. The rich want illegal immigration and in the USA the rich always get what they want no matter who it hurts.

Peter1469
06-07-2015, 08:05 AM
I don't know how to take this comment with all the implicit things in it.

How so?

magicmike
06-07-2015, 10:39 AM
First, a living wage is a socialist mantra. The military doesn't recognize it.

Second, privates are usually 17-20 and the military prefers them to be living in the barracks and ready for operations 24-7.

Lol. The military is a socialist society. And 34% of enlisted under 21 are married.

magicmike
06-07-2015, 10:41 AM

See: Romney's mexican gardener and maid.

Mister D
06-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Lol. The military is a socialist society. And 34% of enlisted under 21 are married.

Wait...first you say they should pay a living wage and now they're a socialist society? That's the quickest 180 I think I've ever seen.

Peter1469
06-07-2015, 02:08 PM

That doesn't mean the pay scale is set up to support married lower enlisted. It isn't.

MisterVeritis
06-07-2015, 02:13 PM
See: Romney's mexican gardener and maid.
Are you claiming they are illegal aliens?

donttread
06-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Youre right, since reagan gave amnesty to over 3million the flow has increased and has never stopped.
Decades of republican and democrat politicians have done nothing to stop the flow of illegal immigration.

When the people get fired up they pacify. The truth is neither party is going to do a damn thing about illegal immigration. The rich want illegal immigration and in the USA the rich always get what they want no matter who it hurts.

Three reasons
1) Keeps labor cost down for the corporate buddies
2) Votes, from hispanic Americans
3) Something to use to deflect from the horrible way they have been managing the country/

Bob
06-07-2015, 04:16 PM

Bush himself was blasted by the left wingers over his construction of so many fences and installing so much equipment, hiring so many border protection people and so forth, but we are still chatting as to the law that Reagan signed? Reagan's congress was what party?

This came to you from Wikipedia.

Immigration laws[edit (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Illegal_immigration_to_the_United_ States&action=edit&section=22)]Main articles: United States nationality law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_nationality_law) and List of United States immigration laws (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_immigration_laws)

Immigrants can be classified as illegal for one of three reasons: entering without authorization or inspection, staying beyond the authorized period after legal entry, or violating the terms of legal entry.[64] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration_to_the_United_States#cite_note-The_New_Americans:_Economic.2C_Demographic.2C_and_ Fiscal_Effects_of_Immigration-64)
Section 1325 in Title 8 of the United States Code (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_8_of_the_United_States_Code), "Improper entry of alien", provides for a fine, imprisonment, or both for any noncitizen who:[65] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration_to_the_United_States#cite_note-cornell-65)

enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration agents, or
eludes examination or inspection by immigration agents, or
attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact.
The maximum prison term is 6 months for the first offense and 2 years for any subsequent offense. In addition to the above criminal fines and penalties, civil fines may also be imposed.

Does anybody suspect Obama is the one operating illegally?

This is today, What has Reagan to do with Obama?

Lineman
06-07-2015, 07:38 PM

In order to fix the problem, we have to identify who is benefitting from the status quo.

Its not the government.

Its those who profit from cheap labor they can use and throw away without consequences.

In other words, businesses.

MisterVeritis
06-07-2015, 10:51 PM
In order to fix the problem, we have to identify who is benefitting from the status quo.

Its not the government.

Its those who profit from cheap labor they can use and throw away without consequences.

In other words, businesses.
Of course it is the government. Liberals do not like the American people. People like you prefer to have a large, perpetual underclass to lie to. So you are importing the world's poorest, sickest and dumbest people to dilute American citizens. And then you make it as easy as you possibly can to ensure that when they vote illegally it will be had to catch them.

Some businesses benefit. We can fix that quite simply. If you use illegal aliens in your business you go to jail and you lose your business. If you rent property to an illegal alien you go to jail and you lose your business. If you provide any services to illegal aliens you go to jail and you lose your business.

The Congress has made it easy for the biggest companies to pay off Congress critters to get visas for cheap talented labor to supplant Americans. This is a reason to stop doing business with the companies who do such things (thanks Disney theme parks) and to vote out the corrupt Congress who allowed it.

kilgram
06-08-2015, 02:06 AM
Three reasons
1) Keeps labor cost down for the corporate buddies
2) Votes, from hispanic Americans
3) Something to use to deflect from the horrible way they have been managing the country/
Sorry but if they are illegal they cannot vote.

Mac-7
06-08-2015, 02:18 AM
Sorry but if they are illegal they cannot vote.

HA!