PDA

View Full Version : Racist Speech and Literature

Ethereal
06-10-2015, 12:10 AM
If you believe someone has the right to say racist things and publish racist literature, does that make you a racist?

GrassrootsConservative
06-10-2015, 12:46 AM
No. I believe even legitimately evil people should have a media outlet, but the minute they stop talking and start acting they need to be annihilated.

If ISIS or the Muslim Brotherhood or The Black Panthers or the KKK or the New Nazi Party want to push their dreck on the idiotic masses they have the natural right to do that, but the minute they start terrorizing "the great satan" or terrorizing whites or terrorizing blacks or terrorizing Jews, or obtaining the resources to do so the line has been crossed. Turn their followers into corpses and salt the earth where they dwelt as an example to other morons.

/Edit: If this is racist I challenge someone to tell me how. I'll one-on-one debate you until my fingers turn to mush over this issue.

I may not agree with what people say, but I will defend to death their right to say it.

Or something like that.

Peter1469
06-10-2015, 04:55 AM
no.

Captain Obvious
06-10-2015, 06:17 AM
Depends on the scope of the work.

Captain Obvious
06-10-2015, 06:19 AM
Meaning, intent, not just the words.

Too many schmucks get hung up on words because they have been programmed to.

del
06-10-2015, 08:00 AM
no

Common Sense
06-10-2015, 08:07 AM
Nope.

Safety
06-10-2015, 08:08 AM
no, but just like they have to right to say racist things, I have the right to mock them for saying racist things.

Mac-7
06-10-2015, 08:14 AM
Meaning, intent, not just the words.

Too many schmucks get hung up on words because they have been programmed to.

Did NPR tell you about this guy?

i bet they didn't.

Hes a black preacher in Dallas making terrorists threats against America.

But I don't think the obumer justice dept will investigate him.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/06/black-dallas-pastor-makes-isis-style-threat/

Mac-7
06-10-2015, 08:15 AM
no, but just like they have to right to say racist things, I have the right to mock them for saying racist things.

Here's racist speech don't you agree?

Safety
06-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Heres mes racist speech don't you agree?

And now.....the rest of the story, did you stop reading when you saw what you wanted to see?

“I stood up for a white police officer and their chief and fought for their chief because a black city councilwoman was picking on him, and she wouldn’t let up on him. What they did was, they took his salary off the city budget, and ended up paying it for the rest of the year … but we stood for him. I’m going to fight discrimination no matter what color you are.”

Wright also protested when a 52-year-old white man, Bobby Bennett, was gunned down by Dallas police in 2013, according to a Dallas Morning News report. Police said Bennett came at them with a knife, but a neighbor’s surveillance video did not support that narrative.

EDIT - what the hell is "mes"?

Mac-7
06-10-2015, 08:23 AM
And now.....the rest of the story, did you stop reading when you saw what you wanted to see?

so if Osama bin laden issued a statement after 9-11 saying he admired George Washington that would make up for the Twin Towers?

Mac-7
06-10-2015, 08:27 AM

i know that spelling nazi's really don't care why.

Its just an excuse for you to nitpick.

But my ipad software sometimes adds stuff like that for reasons I don't understand.

Private Pickle
06-10-2015, 11:38 AM
If you believe someone has the right to say racist things and publish racist literature, does that make you a racist?

No. It makes you a Constitutionalist.

Bob
06-10-2015, 11:46 AM

Don't you say racist things? Why must you be so aggressive and confront so many people?

Chris
06-10-2015, 11:56 AM
No (to OP).

Safety
06-10-2015, 01:11 PM
Don't you say racist things? Why must you be so aggressive and confront so many people?

You feel like you were called out, Bob? Why?

GrassrootsConservative
06-10-2015, 01:21 PM

Why would anybody disagree with that?

Silly post.

Archer0915
06-10-2015, 01:29 PM

Nope but if you do not agree with the PC side of things you are a racist, bigot or Uncle Tom.

Bob
06-10-2015, 02:36 PM
You feel like you were called out, Bob? Why?

What. I believe I told you that you say racist things,. But no, you did not call me out.

PolWatch
06-10-2015, 02:38 PM
Nope but if you do not agree with the PC side of things you are a racist, bigot or Uncle Tom.

But doesn't that go back to the free speech issue? If a person is free to make racist remarks, another person should be free to call them a racist.....good for the goose & gander thingy

Archer0915
06-10-2015, 02:57 PM
But doesn't that go back to the free speech issue? If a person is free to make racist remarks, another person should be free to call them a racist.....good for the goose & gander thingy

But are the remarks racist or is this just slander, defamation and in some cases, libel?

PolWatch
06-10-2015, 03:00 PM
But are the remarks racist or is this just slander, defamation and in some cases, libel?

I don't know....where would the line be? At the racist who makes derogatory statements about people of one race or another...could they be sued for slander? At the one calling a racist bad names? Is it slander to call me a redneck or is it slander to call you a racist? Where does the free speech line start?

Archer0915
06-10-2015, 03:08 PM
I don't know....where would the line be? At the racist who makes derogatory statements about people of one race or another...could they be sued for slander? At the one calling a racist bad names? Is it slander to call me a redneck or is it slander to call you a racist? Where does the free speech line start?

If I were to simply post some FBI statistics I could be called a racist. If I defended my actions as simply posting information it could escalate. Now suppose it goes into social media because someone connects my online identity with my real identity (stalk me). This person starts some crap that costs me my job... Well it is writing, all of it. I will sue for defamation and libel. I will win because I do not make racist remarks, sure some can be perceived that way... But in court things are put in context.

PolWatch
06-10-2015, 03:11 PM
If I were to simply post some FBI statistics I could be called a racist. If I defended my actions as simply posting information it could escalate. Now suppose it gores into social media and someone connects my online identity with mt real identity. This person starts some crap that costs me my job... Well it is writing, all of it. I will sue for defamation and libel. I will win because I do not make racist remarks, sure some can be perceived that way... But in court things are put in context.

you are talking about remarks that could be perceived one way or the other....I'm thinking of open remarks.

Archer0915
06-10-2015, 03:13 PM
you are talking about remarks that could be perceived one way or the other....I'm thinking of open remarks.

Example?

PolWatch
06-10-2015, 03:17 PM
As the OP asked....I don't agree with the klan or neo-nazis but they have a right to voice their beliefs. I have donated to the ACLU even knowing they have defended both groups in court.

Safety
06-10-2015, 08:21 PM

Or a white guilt-ridden lib?

Safety
06-10-2015, 08:25 PM

If you are posting something that is true, how is it defamation or libel?

You have the right to post the information, and your boss has the right to fire you if you make the company look bad.

Want to avoid getting fired, maybe don't post your every thought online....

Safety
06-10-2015, 08:26 PM
What. I believe I told you that you say racist things,. But no, you did not call me out.

Maybe you can refresh my memory on something I said that was racist. Please make sure it wasn't in response to a racist comment.

Bob
06-10-2015, 08:27 PM
Maybe you can refresh my memory on something I said that was racist. Please make sure it wasn't in response to a racist comment.

Well, your memory is first to go.

Safety
06-10-2015, 08:29 PM
Well, your memory is first to go.

Try shark cartilage if you can't remember.

Safety
06-10-2015, 08:31 PM
Why would anybody disagree with that?

Silly post.

You have some that say calling someone a racist is trying to silence the discussion.....evidently that would mean some would disagree with what I posted, now wouldn't they.

Bob
06-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Try shark cartilage if you can't remember.

I believe a lot of your posts are racist. Where do I start. But keep in mind, it appears to me you are racist.

I sent you pm one time to find out more about you to see if we had any ways to connect. You ignored me. I as blacks do, took the shun as you being racist.

del
06-10-2015, 08:35 PM
maybe he just doesn't like old windbags

Safety
06-10-2015, 08:44 PM
I believe a lot of your posts are racist. Where do I start. But keep in mind, it appears to me you are racist.

I sent you pm one time to find out more about you to see if we had any ways to connect. You ignored me. I as blacks do, took the shun as you being racist.

So, I have to fill out a survey to explain to you why some of the posts you create are racist? Sorry, I don't have time for homework now, and I really don't care if you can't see what is pretty obvious to others.

I lost count the number of times someone like you has called me racist, but when tasked with showing proof, the conversation seems to fizzle out.

You up to the challenge, Bob?

Safety
06-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Bob?

You find the posts yet?

del
06-10-2015, 09:12 PM
@Bob (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1013)?

You find the posts yet?

his shark ate them

Captain Obvious
06-10-2015, 09:17 PM
his shark ate them

http://media.giphy.com/media/rDMmUe8XcKIqk/giphy.gif

Ivan88
06-10-2015, 09:40 PM
If you don't like Blacks and Browns in drag, this is the magazine for you.
http://www.draglist.com/photoimages/Photos-2000/May 1967 Drag Racing Magazine Cover featuring the Bandel Bros. and friend. Photo by Don Prieto.jpg

Bob
06-10-2015, 10:45 PM
So, I have to fill out a survey to explain to you why some of the posts you create are racist? Sorry, I don't have time for homework now, and I really don't care if you can't see what is pretty obvious to others.

I lost count the number of times someone like you has called me racist, but when tasked with showing proof, the conversation seems to fizzle out.

You up to the challenge, @Bob (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1013)?

Let's work on getting your confessions.

Keep in mind, your racism is not illegal. Get it off your chest. Fess up.