PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deal Targets Medicare, New Leak Reveals

Common
06-11-2015, 06:21 AM
The right should love obama he takes better care of your pig benefactors than your own does.

Obama is a lump of feces, hes the worst president of my lifetime and hes lied to the american people and defrauded democrat voters more than any other president.
He cant get the hell out of office soon enough for me.
Id rather have a republican doing far right crap up front and make dirty deals like this trade deal to benefit Rich corporate america, than this phony skank.

For the second time in a week (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/09/medicare-cuts-tpp_n_7545482.html), Medicare is complicating an already fraught debate over the
12-nation Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal.

A recent draft of the health care transparency section of TPP released by Wikileaks (https://wikileaks.org/tpp/healthcare/) on Wednesday reveals the deal would make Medicare vulnerable to legal challenges from pharmaceutical companies and jeopardize future attempts by the insurer to negotiate lower drug prices.
In a modest victory for global health care advocates, however, the leaked draft does not contain previous language explicitly protecting prescription drug prices from being marked down by government insurers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/10/tpp-medicare-leak_n_7555232.html

Mac-7
06-11-2015, 06:27 AM
The right should love obama he takes better care of your pig benefactors than your own does.

Obama is a lump of feces, hes the worst president of my lifetime and hes lied to the american people and defrauded democrat voters more than any other president.
He cant get the hell out of office soon enough for me.
Id rather have a republican doing far right crap up front and make dirty deals like this trade deal to benefit Rich corporate america, than this phony skank.

For the second time in a week (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/09/medicare-cuts-tpp_n_7545482.html), Medicare is complicating an already fraught debate over the
12-nation Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal.

A recent draft of the health care transparency section of TPP released by Wikileaks (https://wikileaks.org/tpp/healthcare/) on Wednesday reveals the deal would make Medicare vulnerable to legal challenges from pharmaceutical companies and jeopardize future attempts by the insurer to negotiate lower drug prices.
In a modest victory for global health care advocates, however, the leaked draft does not contain previous language explicitly protecting prescription drug prices from being marked down by government insurers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/10/tpp-medicare-leak_n_7555232.html

Would liberals be happier if there were no drug companies?

The US Postal Service is almost out of work.

Maybe they could replace the evil private drug companies and provide the drugs at no profit.

Peter1469
06-11-2015, 06:53 AM
Would liberals be happier if there were no drug companies?

The US Postal Service is almost out of work.

Maybe they could replace the evil private drug companies and provide the drugs at no profit.

That is not a real response to the OP. Dismissing the argument and then supplying your own strawman to beat down is sort of lame, don't you think?

Hint: I bolded the strawman rather than hope beyond hope that you would identify it on your own.

I think people want fairness in the system; not be forced to accept whatever price Big Pharma offers.

Captain Obvious
06-11-2015, 06:55 AM
This is one of the very dangerous aspects of the ACA and the concept of single payer, the government then becomes like the Borg. Unstoppable, all powerful and resistance is futile.

Americans are pure fucking idiots for letting this happen.

Mac-7
06-11-2015, 06:56 AM
Sorry Peter, but common is one of the libs who go ballistic at anything that is good for the drug companies.

I think he might be happier if there were no private drug companies.

Captain Obvious
06-11-2015, 07:00 AM
Huffpo sucks donkey ass BTW. The have this pop-up thing timed so when you're a paragraph or two in it interrupts you.

Fuck you, Huffpo.

I had to go back and re-read that, I got it wrong because off that fucking pop-up.

Common
06-11-2015, 07:05 AM
Sorry Peter, but common is one of the libs who go ballistic at anything that is good for the drug companies.

I think he might be happier if there were no private drug companies.

Whats hilarious mac is that you trying to get to me youre kissing obamas ass LMAO.
Neither will work

Common
06-11-2015, 07:09 AM
Obamas point man to get this shoved through is Paul Ryan and Paul Ryan stuck and immigration clause in the trade bill.

Obama is allowing all kinds of people to stick their candy in this trade bill just so he can get it passed. My question is WHY.

Republicans Like Sessions from ala who is against this bill said. IF THE PEOPLE COULD READ IT, IT WOULD BE DEAD IN ITS TRACKS.

Sessions Warns TPA Would Create ‘Pacific Union’ Akin to European UnionThe junior Alabama senator went on to explain that he felt it was being kept secret because if the public were aware of this union, which he likened to the European Union, it would be stopped dead in its tracks.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/06/10/sessions-warns-tpa-would-create-pacific-union-akin-to-european-union/

Mac-7
06-11-2015, 07:09 AM
Whats hilarious mac is that you trying to get to me youre kissing obamas ass LMAO.
Neither will work

I could not follow that response or understand your meaning.

Common
06-11-2015, 07:12 AM
Heres the link to the other point I made about Paul Ryan

Paul Ryan Cooks Up Elaborate Ruse To Save Immigration Componentshttp://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/10/paul-ryan-cooks-up-elaborate-ruse-to-save-immigration-components-of-obamatrade/

If anyone is doing any reading on this you will find that Paul Ryan and Ted Cruz are the biggest proponents of this trade bill. To me that means its a disaster for the middle class and poor.

My question again is WHY IS OBAMA FIGHTING MORE FOR THIS THAN ANYTHING ELSE IS IN HORSESHIT PRESIDENCY

Mac-7
06-11-2015, 07:13 AM
Obamas point man to get this shoved through is Paul Ryan and Paul Ryan stuck and immigration clause in the trade bill.

Obama is allowing all kinds of people to stick their candy in this trade bill just so he can get it passed. My question is WHY.

Republicans Like Sessions from ala who is against this bill said. IF THE PEOPLE COULD READ IT, IT WOULD BE DEAD IN ITS TRACKS.

Sessions Warns TPA Would Create ‘Pacific Union’ Akin to European Union

The junior Alabama senator went on to explain that he felt it was being kept secret because if the public were aware of this union, which he likened to the European Union, it would be stopped dead in its tracks.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/06/10/sessions-warns-tpa-would-create-pacific-union-akin-to-european-union/

Now you are making more sense.

Just keep post ops that honestly proclaim your hostility to TPP rather than trying to pick it apart based on a desire for free drugs.

I am against this free trade deal also but not based on the narrow talking points you are presenting.

PolWatch
06-11-2015, 07:13 AM
Most proposed legislation has supporters and those opposed. Sometimes its only due to party lines but sometimes its due to belief in necessity or effectiveness. We can hope that some of the proposal will benefit citizens, even if accidentally.

When we see proposed legslation that almost everyone agrees on (like this trade plan) we can be sure we will not benefit. I don't think you get bi-partisan support like this without bi-partisan payments in advance. The last bi-partisan bill passed was last year....raising the $$$ limits on political donations.

PolWatch
06-11-2015, 07:18 AM
BTW: I saw a headline that said Obama is offering to help dems campaign in 2016 in exchange for their support on the trade bill. That offer might be more effective if he offered to stay away from their campaign. :grin:

Captain Obvious
06-11-2015, 07:19 AM
Heres the link to the other point I made about Paul Ryan

Paul Ryan Cooks Up Elaborate Ruse To Save Immigration Components

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/10/paul-ryan-cooks-up-elaborate-ruse-to-save-immigration-components-of-obamatrade/

If anyone is doing any reading on this you will find that Paul Ryan and Ted Cruz are the biggest proponents of this trade bill. To me that means its a disaster for the middle class and poor.

My question again is WHY IS OBAMA FIGHTING MORE FOR THIS THAN ANYTHING ELSE IS IN HORSESHIT PRESIDENCY

All this Huffpo and Brietbart is going to rot your brain.

Seriously.

Mac-7
06-11-2015, 07:21 AM

Seriously.

As opposed to NPR which will merely put you to sleep.

Captain Obvious
06-11-2015, 07:29 AM
As opposed to NPR which will merely put you to sleep.

You maybe, I'm sure stuff that's over your head bores you.

Mac-7
06-11-2015, 07:31 AM
You maybe, I'm sure stuff that's over your head bores you.

I could say the same about Breitbart for you.

Captain Obvious
06-11-2015, 07:43 AM
I could say the same about Breitbart for you.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-t8NTr0o-bJg/T1D6cvrv0tI/AAAAAAAAAJ0/lEb4Y-uROac/s1600/75309449.jpg

Common
06-11-2015, 07:47 AM
Now you are making more sense.

Just keep post ops that honestly proclaim your hostility to TPP rather than trying to pick it apart based on a desire for free drugs.

I am against this free trade deal also but not based on the narrow talking points you are presenting.

Pay attention to this Mac, If we are neighbors and I have a well and water and you do not. You and your family need water to survive. So you come to me and ask if you could buy water from me. I say sure you can 1,000.00 a gallon. You rightly are astounded and angry and you say thats OUTRAGEOUS you are screwing me on something I NEED. I smile and say yes I am and its because I can. YOU WANT WATER PAY MY PRICE.

Now apply that to the drug companies and you "MAY" understand what I believe.

Common
06-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Look there are NO BLOGS that are utterly and completely pure of heart and that goes for every newspaper and cable and mainstream TV news. We have to get our news somewhere and to do that you have to read ALL sites.

On huffington post you will not find a single article that shows gays in a bad light or any hot button topic that displays the democrat party in a bad light. Brietbart is identical but on the right.

You cant get your news from huffington post, breitbart, Foxnews MSNBC CNN or the NY times or the Washingtimes. You can only get your news from all of them

Peter1469
06-11-2015, 07:52 AM
These globalist concepts of "free trade" are only going to normalize the American middle class. That means make them poorer.

Common
06-11-2015, 07:54 AM

Seriously.

Yeah ok, you magically make the news up in your head right. You have to get your news and information from somewhere, to form your opinions, Where do you get yours ?

NYTimes ? theyve been caught lying more than huffpo and breitbart. How about Foxnews? they dont lie.
Or how about MSNBC or NBC they dont lie right. Or CBS Dan Rather he dont lie, Brian Williams doesnt lie

Huffpo and brietbart as as reliable as any of the unreliable news outlets.

So tell me where do you get your informaton about Obamas trade deal ? You dont maybe and you dont care ? I do

Captain Obvious
06-11-2015, 07:54 AM
These globalist concepts of "free trade" are only going to normalize the American middle class. That means make them poorer.

I think it's inevitable, we can't exist as isolationists.

As the worlds standard increases, ours has to decrease.

Captain Obvious
06-11-2015, 07:55 AM
Yeah ok, you magically make the news up in your head right. You have to get your news and information from somewhere, to form your opinions, Where do you get yours ?

NYTimes ? theyve been caught lying more than huffpo and breitbart. How about Foxnews? they dont lie.
Or how about MSNBC or NBC they dont lie right. Or CBS Dan Rather he dont lie, Brian Williams doesnt lie

Huffpo and brietbart as as reliable as any of the unreliable news outlets.

They're both big time bottom feeders.

Peter1469
06-11-2015, 07:57 AM
I think it's inevitable, we can't exist as isolationists.

Agree. I wasn't proposing that we exist as isolationists. The US only did so for a short period of time.

As the worlds standard increases, ours has to decrease.

No it doesn't. It only does with the globalist notion of free trade. For America to compete with say China, the US middle class will necessarily get poorer. That was not the case from WWII until NAFTA. The American middle class was a juggernaut. And America was as far from Isolationism as you could get.

Captain Obvious
06-11-2015, 08:00 AM
Agree. I wasn't proposing that we exist as isolationists. The US only did so for a short period of time.

No it doesn't. It only does with the globalist notion of free trade. For America to compete with say China, the US middle class will necessarily get poorer. That was not the case from WWII until NAFTA. The American middle class was a juggernaut. And America was as far from Isolationism as you could get.

So it would be global class isolationism then?

Peter1469
06-11-2015, 08:04 AM
So it would be global class isolationism then?

I don't know what that means.

Prior to NAFTA the US used tariffs much more extensively to protect American workers for foreign predation. Many nations subsidize their businesses to dump (legal term of art) products into US markets for the sole purpose of bankrupting the US competitors.

Solendra died over Chinese dumping of cheap-ass solar cells into US markets.

Mac-7
06-11-2015, 08:20 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-t8NTr0o-bJg/T1D6cvrv0tI/AAAAAAAAAJ0/lEb4Y-uROac/s1600/75309449.jpg

That's very clever of whoever you stole it from.

Mac-7
06-11-2015, 08:21 AM

Prior to NAFTA the US used tariffs much more extensively to protect American workers for foreign predation. Many nations subsidize their businesses to dump (legal term of art) products into US markets for the sole purpose of bankrupting the US competitors.

The US economy is still far larger than anyone else.

but that won't last long under globalism.

free traders are unAmerican.

Peter1469
06-11-2015, 08:28 AM
The US economy is still far lager than anyone else.

but that won't last long under globalism.

free traders are unAmerican.

I agree that the globalist concept of free trade hurts America. Because too many other nations game the free trade so it really isn't free trade.

Captain Obvious
06-11-2015, 08:54 AM

We would only trade (or primarily trade) with like partners and basically exclude the China's and other developing 3rd world economies.