PDA

View Full Version : After Trade Vote Fails, Obama Pleads With Lawmakers To Reconsider

Common
06-13-2015, 01:30 PM
He says he believes this deal is good for working families but he doesnt say how or why. If it was that good for everyday americans why is he keeping it a secret.

Heres the truth as I see it. HES A LIEING POS, biggest phony to ever be in that whitehouse

President Barack Obama on Saturday urged lawmakers to give his trade agenda a second chance and support a bill that would provide training to American workers who see their jobs shipped overseas.

The measure is part of legislation that also includes the "fast-track" authority that Obama needs to finish negotiating a free trade deal with Pacific Rim nations.

"If I did not think that smart new trade deals were the right thing to do for working families, I wouldn't be fighting for it," Obama said in his weekend address, an appeal aimed at his fellow Democrats.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/13/trade-vote-obama_n_7575364.html

Peter1469
06-13-2015, 01:32 PM
Congress must come out publicly and state that there will be no deals without 100% transparency.

This nonsense must be stopped.

Chris
06-13-2015, 01:35 PM
Obama pleads...

http://i.snag.gy/Dxz2o.jpg

Lame duck.

Calypso Jones
06-13-2015, 03:34 PM
so...what are you guys doing about it? I hope calling or writing your congressman?? Paul Ryan?? anyone?

Bob
06-13-2015, 03:53 PM
Congress must come out publicly and state that there will be no deals without 100% transparency.

This nonsense must be stopped.

You repeat the republicans in congress.

Peter1469
06-13-2015, 04:03 PM
You repeat the republicans in congress.

I don't repeat myself without stating it, Bob.

Bob
06-13-2015, 04:05 PM
I don't repeat myself without stating it, Bob.

I did not say you repeat yourself. i said you repeat what republicans in congress state.

Peter1469
06-13-2015, 04:05 PM
I did not say you repeat yourself. i said you repeat what republicans in congress state.

The GOP wants to give the president fast track authority with zero transparency.

Bob
06-13-2015, 04:07 PM
The GOP wants to give the president fast track authority with zero transparency.

Yes to your first claim, no to the last claim.

Chris
06-13-2015, 04:12 PM
so...what are you guys doing about it? I hope calling or writing your congressman?? Paul Ryan?? anyone?

Spreading the ideas of anarchy. You?

Bob
06-13-2015, 04:15 PM
Spreading the ideas of anarchy. You?

Did you read Bill's book.

Bill's book does that very well.

Peter1469
06-13-2015, 05:04 PM
Yes to your first claim, no to the last claim.

Incorrect.

Bob
06-13-2015, 05:12 PM
Incorrect.

You are incorrect.

Peter1469
06-13-2015, 05:13 PM
You are incorrect.

Incorrect.

There is no transparency. Prove me wrong and post the text of the trade deal.

Go.

Bob
06-13-2015, 05:22 PM
Incorrect.

There is no transparency. Prove me wrong and post the text of the trade deal.

Go.

I am only talking of what the republicans say they want and what they insist on.

Watch CSPAN as I do.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?326439-1/us-house-debate-trade-legislation

Check on Paul Ryan

Ryan laid it all out Peter.

Peter1469
06-13-2015, 05:25 PM
I am only talking of what the republicans say they want and what they insist on.

Watch CSPAN as I do.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?326439-1/us-house-debate-trade-legislation

Check on Paul Ryan

Ryan laid it all out Peter.

a 45 minute video of a House season is useless.

As the TTP currently stands the request for fast track is a request to eliminate any transparency in the process. Vote no. Or risk indictment for treason.

Bob
06-13-2015, 05:31 PM
a 45 minute video of a House season is useless.

As the TTP currently stands the request for fast track is a request to eliminate any transparency in the process. Vote no. Or risk indictment for treason.

You may be clumsy trying to use the video. For that reason, I pointed out how to find what you want super fast.

But Paul Ryan demands transparency. He is leading the republicans on this issue.

Peter1469
06-13-2015, 05:32 PM
You may be clumsy trying to use the video. For that reason, I pointed out how to find what you want super fast.

But Paul Ryan demands transparency. He is leading the republicans on this issue.

If they come up with a bill that demands 100% transparency, that would satisfy me. Somehow I don't see the establishment rebups listening to a thing Ryan says.

Bob
06-13-2015, 05:35 PM
If they come up with a bill that demands 100% transparency, that would satisfy me. Somehow I don't see the establishment rebups listening to a thing Ryan says.

That is agreed to by the republicans. The Democrats don't want it.

You could be correct it might not happen as Ryan wants.

It took me seconds to watch Ryan lay out what he wants.

MisterVeritis
06-13-2015, 05:52 PM
That is agreed to by the republicans. The Democrats don't want it.

You could be correct it might not happen as Ryan wants.

It took me seconds to watch Ryan lay out what he wants.
Ryan is in recovery mode. It will not work.

Cruz disappointed me as well. I cannot support him. He was for this.

Bob
06-13-2015, 05:53 PM
Ryan is in recovery mode. It will not work.

Cruz disappointed me as well. I cannot support him. He was for this.

Democrats keep blocking it.

Chris
06-13-2015, 06:29 PM
The about face on TPP by both Reps and Dems has partisan heads spinning unable to make sense of it.

MisterVeritis
06-13-2015, 07:19 PM
Democrats keep blocking it.
Unfortunately both Ryan and Cruz were for giving Der Fuhrer more powers. So both of them are off my list of possibilities.

Bob
06-13-2015, 07:22 PM
Unfortunately both Ryan and Cruz were for giving Der Fuhrer more powers. So both of them are off my list of possibilities.

How can you or I make up our minds given we have no clue what is in the trade law they want enacted?

Bob
06-13-2015, 07:24 PM
The about face on TPP by both Reps and Dems has partisan heads spinning unable to make sense of it.

We are not told the proposed law nor how it would shake and bake. I can't be for it or against it and remain in the dark as we all are.

Chris
06-13-2015, 09:16 PM
We are not told the proposed law nor how it would shake and bake. I can't be for it or against it and remain in the dark as we all are.

It doesn't matter what's in it, just the fact that, Reps are supporting Obama and Dems are not, has you all partisans in a tizzy. It's fun watching you scramble.

gamewell45
06-13-2015, 09:34 PM
He says he believes this deal is good for working families but he doesnt say how or why. If it was that good for everyday americans why is he keeping it a secret.

President Clinton said the same thing about NAFTA and look what Americans got, an empty bag. I simply don't trust those trade agreements.

Tahuyaman
06-13-2015, 09:40 PM

You can trust him. He's never misrepresented the truth in the past.

Tahuyaman
06-13-2015, 09:48 PM

You have to admit that they are consistent. After all, they would take the same stance if a Republican was president pushing this plan.

Bob
06-13-2015, 11:54 PM
It doesn't matter what's in it, just the fact that, Reps are supporting Obama and Dems are not, has you all partisans in a tizzy. It's fun watching you scramble.

I am not clear why you said that since I am in no tizzy. I have no clue what I would be in a tizzy about. Paul Ryan seems to know little either so he decided he had to button things up. The Ryan plan is rejected by the Democrats.

MisterVeritis
06-14-2015, 10:28 AM
How can you or I make up our minds given we have no clue what is in the trade law they want enacted?
Secrecy in itself is sufficient reason. Additionally when The Insane One wants something I am automatically suspicious. If he believes it is good for him then it won't be good for the American citizens.

Bob
06-14-2015, 11:22 AM
Secrecy in itself is sufficient reason. Additionally when The Insane One wants something I am automatically suspicious. If he believes it is good for him then it won't be good for the American citizens.

Well, I agree that if he thinks it is good, if is 99 percent positive it is only good for him and not for the public.

Ransom
06-14-2015, 06:33 PM
Maybe this time Obama should promise not to show up in their district reelection campaigns?