PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton Speaks Out on Asia Free Trade Agreement

Captain Obvious
06-15-2015, 09:06 AM
Well, Bill's taught her to talk out of both sides of her mouth without taking a relevant position.

http://www.voanews.com/content/hillary-clinton-speaks-out-on-asia-free-trade-agreement/2822023.html

Clinton, who has been criticized for not speaking out earlier on TPP, has not explicitly endorsed it, preferring to wait until negotiations among its 12 Pacific Rim partners are complete.

Opponents of TPP, including organized labor, consumer, food safety and environmental groups, say such free-trade agreements result in job losses and reduced wages, while doing little to boost worker protections overseas. Senator Bernie Sanders, who is challenging Clinton for the party’s 2016 presidential nomination, said he understands the message congressional Democrats are sending.

http://home.bridgeproject.com/app/uploads/hillarymeme2.jpg

The Sage of Main Street
06-15-2015, 09:40 AM
Free plastic surgery to give us all slanted eyes should be covered under Obamacare.

Peter1469
06-15-2015, 04:06 PM
She will say something for each side of the issue.

Captain Obvious
06-15-2015, 05:01 PM

I think Bernie is right although he's grasping for traction.

Hillary can't come out and say that the opposes one of her biggest campaign supporters, teh O'bama.

Captain Obvious
06-15-2015, 05:02 PM
Just like Jeb, when posted the Iraq question offered 3 different answers over a period of a week or so.

On one hand at least Jeb, initially spoke his mind plainly. He gets demerits for waffling though.

Tahuyaman
06-15-2015, 09:58 PM

I think right now she is taking positions which energize her far left wing base. Once they are marching along in lock-step she will alter her public statements. By then her whacked out supporters won't care.

maineman
06-15-2015, 10:01 PM
I think right now she is taking positions which energize her far left wing base. Once they are marching along in lock-step she will alter her public statements. By then her whacked out supporters won't care.

excuse me....isn't that what every candidate, republican and democrat has done for the last 70 years in contested primary presidential elections?

Tahuyaman
06-15-2015, 10:12 PM
excuse me....isn't that what every candidate, republican and democrat has done for the last 70 years in contested primary presidential elections?

No, they don't say one thing to attract one crowd then change positions. That's a Democrat thing.

maineman
06-15-2015, 10:22 PM
No, they don't say one thing to attract one crowd then change positions. That's a Democrat thing.

Oh really. got a link for that?

texan
06-15-2015, 11:06 PM
Her campaign is already playing scared, every response is to lie about her stance to block Sanders or warren............Stupid, artificial and manchurian.....Nobody that counts likes her.

Tahuyaman
06-16-2015, 07:36 AM
Her campaign is already playing scared, every response is to lie about her stance to block Sanders or warren............Stupid, artificial and manchurian.....Nobody that counts likes her.

I'm surprised maineman didn't respond to that comment with his usual............. Got a link to support that?

maineman
06-16-2015, 08:31 AM
following my every word, are you, yoo hoo man?

How cute. How droll.

I really don't have the time or the inclination to point out every time one of your RWNJ's tosses out an unsupported opinion and acts like it's a fact.

maineman
06-16-2015, 08:33 AM

and if you honestly think that republican candidates do not attract the right wing base during the primaries and then, soften their rhetoric and modify their positions once they get the nomination, then you are not only a partisan hack, but a truly clueless one.

The Sage of Main Street
06-16-2015, 11:46 AM
On one hand at least Jeb, initially spoke his mind plainly. He gets demerits for waffling though. Jebba the Hutt wants to turn Syria into Syrup so he can use it on his waffles.

Ransom
06-16-2015, 02:59 PM
Oh really. got a link for that?

Like yours proving waterboarding occurred at Gitmo?

F'n.........oops.

maineman
06-16-2015, 04:41 PM
Like yours proving waterboarding occurred at Gitmo?

F'n.........oops.

Waterboarding on no waterboarding does not change the fact that I am unhappy with Obama for not closing Gitmo. And whether or not he does or does not close Gitmo, the issue is a relatively minor one in my pantheon of important political issues that it did not stop me from voting for him a second time, nor would it stop me from voting for him a third time if that were possible.

maineman
06-16-2015, 04:42 PM
and if you honestly think that republican candidates do not attract the right wing base during the primaries and then, soften their rhetoric and modify their positions once they get the nomination, then you are not only a partisan hack, but a truly clueless one.

why am I not surprised by the failure to respond to this?