PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for FFVII

Safety
06-16-2015, 08:05 AM
Sooo, they are re-releasing FFVII for the PS4.....

I may have to buy a PS4.

https://youtu.be/Kznek1uNVsg

Captain Obvious
06-16-2015, 08:10 AM
Sooo, they are re-releasing FFVII for the PS4.....

I may have to buy a PS4.

https://youtu.be/Kznek1uNVsg

Thinking the same thing, wondering if we have one somewhere.

Safety
06-16-2015, 08:13 AM
Thinking the same thing, wondering if we have one somewhere.

I had one when it was first released due to the controversy with the Xbox One, but I sold it and ended up buying an Xbox One.

Story of my life....

Captain Obvious
06-16-2015, 08:56 AM
I had one when it was first released due to the controversy with the Xbox One, but I sold it and ended up buying an Xbox One.

Story of my life....

We have like 5 X-boxes, I don't play any of them.

This is a game that could motivate me to just buy a PS4 to play.

The Xl
06-16-2015, 09:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1zK6E9g.gif

http://i.minus.com/iBEwT7tEC0X2B.gif

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/fat-kid-celebrates.gif

The Xl
06-17-2015, 12:08 AM
Anyone feel that this could wind up becoming the most sold video game in history? The original sold amazingly well, and their is a ton of hype and interest being generated among many different age grounds. The people who played it back in the day will get it, as well the younger people who weren't around for it.

Captain Obvious
06-17-2015, 07:34 AM
Anyone feel that this could wind up becoming the most sold video game in history? The original sold amazingly well, and their is a ton of hype and interest being generated among many different age grounds. The people who played it back in the day will get it, as well the younger people who weren't around for it.

I dunno, I'm a natural skeptic.

Actually I'm probably going to wait it out a bit and see how it reviews and with whom. And then maybe it will be on other platforms also.

Safety
06-17-2015, 07:38 AM

As long as they stay true to what made the original FFVII great. So many developers think that by just tweaking the graphics of a port, that it will make up for the playability of the game.

Captain Obvious
06-17-2015, 07:42 AM
As long as they stay true to what made the original FFVII great. So many developers think that by just tweaking the graphics of a port, that it will make up for the playability of the game.

A topless Tifa titty shot would be nice too.

Safety
06-17-2015, 07:44 AM
A topless Tifa titty shot would be nice too.

LoL, that would definitely look better on the ps4 than it would have for the original ps.

Common
06-17-2015, 07:45 AM
That game is for PC too ?

Captain Obvious
06-17-2015, 07:47 AM

Not yet or ever, hard to say.

It's being initially released on PS4.

Safety
06-17-2015, 08:00 AM

Gotta buy a PS4.

Captain Obvious
06-17-2015, 09:16 AM
http://kotaku.com/the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-wont-be-exactly-the-same-1711909183

It seems that if the game only featured better graphics, then the difference between this remake and the upscaled port would merely be cosmetic.

“The original version is a game that came out in 1997, and if you look at it today, you can feel how dated the graphics and the game system are,” Nomura told Famitsu (http://www.famitsu.com/news/201506/17081075.html). “However, that’s also part of Final Fantasy VII.” Nomura added that even today, the game continues to get support and that is unlikely to change.

However, it sounds like like the remake will feature evolved gameplay. Again, here’s Nomura: “We haven’t shown any gameplay yet, but since we’re updating them quite a bit, please look forward to that,” Nomura told Dengeki Online (http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/071/1071164/). (Note: The word Nomura used, 進化 or “shinka,” can also mean “evolution” or “progress.” He didn’t say 変化 or “henka,” which means “change” or “variation.”)

For a title like this, even if you only redo the graphics, I don’t think you get something that’s exciting.”

So, what does that mean?

“Since we now formally revealed Kazushige Nojima’s name for the scenario, there will be more plot devices in the story, so I think you can also look forward to that.”

Ah, perhaps maybe they’ll be adding to the story, fleshing certain parts out or adding more backstory? That I can see making this more than a simple high-def remake with pretty graphics. I hope this doesn’t mean certain parts of the original story, however, will be written out...

“So,” Nomura told Famitsu, “if you are going to do a full remake, you have to take a different approach and make something that suits the times.”

Safety
06-17-2015, 09:19 AM
http://kotaku.com/the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-wont-be-exactly-the-same-1711909183

I think I will wait a little while until after it releases to see how it turns out.

The Xl
06-17-2015, 09:34 AM
It's going to be a little different and I'm okay with that. I know the battle system will be different, a turn based battle system isn't going to fly on the PS4. I just hope you can play as everyone and not just Cloud.

Safety
06-17-2015, 09:39 AM
It's going to be a little different and I'm okay with that. I know the battle system will be different, a turn based battle system isn't going to fly on the PS4. I just hope you can play as everyone and not just Cloud.

Man, I just hope you don't spend half the game building up a character with an awesome limit break just to have the story kill them......

Captain Obvious
06-17-2015, 09:39 AM
If they fuck up the chocobo racing...

Safety
06-17-2015, 09:42 AM
If they fuck up the chocobo racing...

or the gold saucer...

The Xl
06-18-2015, 12:47 PM
Man, I just hope you don't spend half the game building up a character with an awesome limit break just to have the story kill them......

Aries level 4 limit break was like the cheapest and most overpowered thing ever. If someone somehow got that shit on their first play through before she died, that alone should have been enough to tell you something was amiss.

I wonder if they screw with the plot a bit and allow for Aries to be resurrected.

Captain Obvious
06-18-2015, 12:51 PM
Aries level 4 limit break was like the cheapest and most overpowered thing ever. If someone somehow got that shit on their first play through before she died, that alone should have been enough to tell you something was amiss.

I wonder if they screw with the plot a bit and allow for Aries to be resurrected.

I've read about it but never played Aeris beyond the parts where I had to. Or Tifa.

I've played Barret, Nanaki, Yuffie and Cloud basically and always wanted to just use other characters but they all kind of fold in at odd times and there's tons of them.

I do however once getting access to the crater take all of them down to max out their XP hitting those elixer pots but that gums up their limit break progression and they don't get their max breaks.

I also spend some time in the sunken Gelnika with Yuffie morphing those booger monsters.

The Xl
06-18-2015, 01:12 PM
I've played with all the characters outside of Cait Sith who does nothing for me.

It's always hard for me to pick because I'm a fan of everyone else, but I usually roll with some combo of Cloud, Barret, Cid, Vincent, or Yuffie. I like Tifa and Nanaki as well, but not quite as much as the other 4. Sometimes I'll give Aries a go until she dies and I obviously replace her, usually with one of the former listed characters.

Cthulhu
06-18-2015, 02:15 PM
I've played with all the characters outside of Cait Sith who does nothing for me.

It's always hard for me to pick because I'm a fan of everyone else, but I usually roll with some combo of Cloud, Barret, Cid, Vincent, or Yuffie. I like Tifa and Nanaki as well, but not quite as much as the other 4. Sometimes I'll give Aries a go until she dies and I obviously replace her, usually with one of the former listed characters.
Cloud, Barrett, Red XIII, and Cid.

Most powerful, and coolest characters with the best backgrounds.

Cait Sith can be thrown in a wood chipper.

Sent from my evil, kitten eating cell phone.

Captain Obvious
06-18-2015, 02:16 PM
Cloud, Barrett, Red XIII, and Cid.

Most powerful, and coolest characters with the best backgrounds.

Cait Sith can be thrown in a wood chipper.

Why do you hate women?

Cthulhu
06-18-2015, 02:17 PM
Why do you hate women?
Cait Sith is a woman?

Captain Obvious
06-18-2015, 02:19 PM
Cait Sith is a woman?

Cat, stuffed animal, loves fortune telling... you tell me.

:biglaugh:

Cthulhu
06-18-2015, 02:20 PM
Cat, stuffed animal, loves fortune telling... you tell me.

:biglaugh:
Wood chipper fodder.