PDA

View Full Version : Well, this is Entertaining. The IMF is calling the Republicans out on their BS

Cigar
06-17-2015, 06:45 PM
https://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/t31.0-8/s960x960/11537875_1010593628975054_1583134904972564867_o.pn g

:laugh: http://www.alternet.org/even-imf-knocks-trickle-down-economics-says-poor-people-should-be-paid-more-money :grin:

Peter1469
06-17-2015, 07:08 PM
Attention: link needed.

Cigar
06-17-2015, 07:24 PM
It's at the bottom of the image ... :laugh:

I Google'd IMF on Reaganomics and 4 links appeared that are just 48 hours old. :grin:

Pick One ...

Tahuyaman
06-17-2015, 07:32 PM
Here they go with this non existent trickle down thing again. The left just can't get over Reagan continually beating the shit out of them.

How long has he been dead now? Of course the only way they could beat him is wait until he died.

Cigar
06-17-2015, 07:35 PM
Here they go with this non existent trickle down thing again. The left just can't get over Reagan continually beating the $#@! out of them.

How long has he been dead now? Of course the only way they could beat him is wait until he died.

Didn't beat this guy in either of his Back-2-Black Ass Kicking of the GOP :laugh:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/files/2013/01/Obama-Portrait.jpg

Tahuyaman
06-17-2015, 07:39 PM
And how is that relative to the continual carping about a nonexistent economic policy of a man who's been dead for years?

Tahuyaman
06-17-2015, 07:41 PM
When Obama is out of office, most people will try to forget about him as quickly as humanly possible.

Green Arrow
06-17-2015, 07:53 PM
Well, this is entertaining. The IMF is

That's all that showed up of the title. I'm inclined to add "a corrupt organization that needs to be eliminated."

Peter1469
06-17-2015, 08:08 PM

I Google'd IMF on Reaganomics and 4 links appeared that are just 48 hours old. :grin:

Pick One ...

Thanks for adding the link. Alternet is perhaps the most intelligent hard left site.

The link to the actual source is important for the Fair Use Policy. But also because some people cut and paste from sources that they are embarrassed about. I may not decide to comment on the substance, but Alternet is a quality source.

Peter1469
06-17-2015, 08:09 PM
Here they go with this non existent trickle down thing again. The left just can't get over Reagan continually beating the shit out of them.

No real economist uses the term trickle down. That is a political term to scare people. It doesn't mean anything. But dim people sure twitch over it.

Tahuyaman
06-17-2015, 10:44 PM
No real economist uses the term trickle down. That is a political term to scare people. It doesn't mean anything. But dim people sure twitch over it.

No economist uses the term. You can't find it in any economics text book and Ronald Reagan never uttered the words " trickle down". It's an invention of the left.

Safety
06-17-2015, 11:00 PM

And how is that relative to the continual carping about a nonexistent economic policy of a man who's been dead for years?

You seriously want to forget all the times Reagan's name was invoked in the 2012 election? You didn't watch the Republican primaries?

:biglaugh:

It's just the same when you bring up Palin this and Palin that, but when she gets into a brawl, it turns into "why are you bringing Palin's name up now..."

Tahuyaman
06-17-2015, 11:07 PM
You seriously want to forget all the times Reagan's name was invoked in the 2012 election? You didn't watch the Republican primaries?

:biglaugh:

It's just the same when you bring up Palin this and Palin that, but when she gets into a brawl, it turns into "why are you bringing Palin's name up now..."

How can a dead man control how many times his name is mentioned by those who would love to emulate his successes?

Please point to one single time I have ever initiated a discussion concerning Sarah Palin. The fact is, I never have. The left wing loons are obsessed with her.

What at is it with you left wing hacks anyway? Is reality a foreign concept to you?

Safety
06-17-2015, 11:10 PM
How can a dead man control how many times his name is mentioned by those who would love to emulate his successes?

Please point to one single time I have ever initiated a discussion concerning Sarah Palin. The fact is, I never have. The left wing loons are obsessed with her.

What at is it with you left wing hacks anyway? Is reality a foreign concept to you?

Yea, I would get pretty defensive when my argument gets E.D. also.

Tahuyaman
06-17-2015, 11:12 PM
Yea, I would get pretty defensive when my argument gets E.D. also.

just curious, can you read beyond a third grade level?

Safety
06-17-2015, 11:19 PM

Dude, seriously. Find. New. Material.

Tahuyaman
06-17-2015, 11:21 PM
I'm trying to figure out why some idiot thinks it's a bad thing for modern candidates to make an attempt to attach themselves to the greatest American president since Lincoln?

Tahuyaman
06-17-2015, 11:23 PM

Ok, 4th grade level? Certainly nothing beyond that.

Safety
06-17-2015, 11:24 PM
I'm trying to figure out why some idiot thinks it's a bad thing for modern candidates to make an attempt to attach themselves to the greatest American president since Lincoln?

While you're at it, why don't you understand that maybe that's the reason his name is still being mentioned even though he's dead.

Derp.

Safety
06-17-2015, 11:25 PM

Did you at least get a certificate?

Tahuyaman
06-17-2015, 11:35 PM
While you're at it, why don't you understand that maybe that's the reason his name is still being mentioned even though he's dead.

Derp.

Yes, his name is being mentioned because everyone wants to attach themselves to the greatest American president since Lincoln. Obama even tried that tactic a time or two.

Tahuyaman
06-17-2015, 11:37 PM

That settles it. You're so weak you can't even determine my comment was directed at you. Back to the third grade level with you.

Safety
06-17-2015, 11:37 PM
Yes, his name is being mentioned because everyone wants to attach themselves to the greatest American president since Lincoln. Obama even tried that tactic a time or two.

So, the following quotes are you just having a nerdfit because your hero was criticized?

Tahuyaman
06-17-2015, 11:38 PM
Maybe a third grade level was overestimating you?

Safety
06-17-2015, 11:38 PM

That settles it. You're so weak you can't even determine my comment was directed at you. Back to the third grade level with you.

Do some of the posters here turn bi-polar after midnight?

Are you seriously that messed up that you forget the conversation you are participating in?

Tahuyaman
06-17-2015, 11:42 PM
I'm glad I got to spend eight years serving in a military with a man as great as Ronald Reagan as commander in chief. He was the greatest president of my lifetime. Greatest president since Lincoln.

Safety
06-17-2015, 11:42 PM
I'm glad I got to spend eight years serving in a military with a man as great as Ronald Reagan as commander in chief. He was the greatest president of my lifetime. Greatest president since Lincoln.

White flag noted.

Tahuyaman
06-17-2015, 11:45 PM
Do some of the posters here turn bi-polar after midnight?

Are you seriously that messed up that you forget the conversation you are participating in?

Are you really that dumb? C'mon, no one is that stupid unless they are trying to be. Please tell me you are just trolling.

I guess this nit-wit has never heard of time zones.......... I am surrounded by imbeciles. Well, here anyway.

Tahuyaman
06-17-2015, 11:46 PM
White flag noted.

This is guy makes Pee Wee Herman look like William F Buckley.

Safety
06-17-2015, 11:47 PM
Are you really that dumb? C'mon, no one is that stupid unless they are trying to be. Please tell me you are just trolling.

I guess this nit-wit has never heard of time zones.......... I am surrounded by imbeciles. Well, here anyway.

The time zone was not really the point of the post. But since it sailed over your head so fast, I guess you really answered my question unintentionally.

Safety
06-17-2015, 11:47 PM
This is guy makes Pee Wee Herman look like William F Buckley.

Dude....Reagan.

Mini Me
06-17-2015, 11:51 PM
No economist uses the term. You can't find it in any economics text book and Ronald Reagan never uttered the words " trickle down". It's an invention of the left.

Its all Reaganoid destructive policy shit. Trickle Down, Laffer Curve, supply side, its all the same crap to enhance the profits of the rich and infamous that rule our nation!

Safety
06-17-2015, 11:52 PM
Tag, you're it.

maineman
06-17-2015, 11:53 PM
Safety... trying to carry on an intelligent conversation with this irrationally egotistical, self proclaimed "underachiever" is like B'rer Rabbit trying to talk to the tarbaby. I mean, I understand the fun little rush you can get by just pistol whipping him with words, but, at the end of the always fruitless discussion, you feel like you need to go take a bath and pour a drink.

Safety
06-17-2015, 11:55 PM
Safety... trying to carry on an intelligent conversation with this irrationally egotistical, self proclaimed "underachiever" is like B'rer Rabbit trying to talk to the tarbaby. I mean, I understand the fun little rush you can get by just pistol whipping him with words, but, at the end of the always fruitless discussion, you feel like you need to go take a bath and pour a drink.

LoL, I know, it's like a vice with me, I sometimes can't help myself.

21 days to break a habit, that's a long time.

The funny thing is that they seem to only come out at night.....

Bob
06-17-2015, 11:59 PM

And it is too bad he did not use such a system.

It would show up in his writings if he believed that.

They define it as the rich somehow get the money and then spend it so it moves down the ladder to the poor.

Well, while that happens, never was that Ronald's intentions. He never tried to accumulate money for the rich. His aim was all could obtain more. I had a study showing that the economy is divided into 5 parts, known as quintiles. During Reagan, so many of the poor and middle class elevated more and faster than in previous eras.

It works folks. True Reagan economics actually works.

Some the so called trickle down is the rich failing and losing their former status.

maineman
06-18-2015, 12:05 AM
I don't know what sort of job he has besides cashing SSI checks, cuz @Tahuyaman (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1365) is here ALL the time. I wake up in the morning, there he is. I go swim a kilometer, take the dogs for a walk, come back, and there he is. Go to Spanish class, come back, there he is. Play a round of golf, come back, there he is. Go out to dinner and a movie... he's here when I return. He claims to be a Reagan era cold warrior, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he were a pimply faced teenager in his mom's basement.

But I understand. I have the same vice as you. It really isn't socially acceptable to kick retarded kids to the curb in real life, but there really is no stigma doing so here on a message board.

Tahuyaman
06-18-2015, 07:55 AM
I love watching blind sheep follow along with the equally ignorant crowd.

Peter1469
06-18-2015, 07:58 AM
General Warning: TBs follow for members who attack other members. Discuss the topic.

Tahuyaman
06-18-2015, 08:00 AM
Its all Reaganoid destructive policy $#@!. Trickle Down, Laffer Curve, supply side, its all the same crap to enhance the profits of the rich and infamous that rule our nation!

Its an invention of the left intended to discredit the successful economic policy of a president they hated. They hated Reagan because he could not be beaten by the left wing fearmongering tactics which is the staple of the their playbook. When they attacked him, he just shrugged it off and went about his business.

Greatest American president since Lincoln. And it drives the left wing hacks crazy.

Professor Peabody
06-18-2015, 08:05 AM

Nothing from a credible source? Martian anal probe websites arent' the most reliable.

Peter1469
06-18-2015, 08:06 AM
Its all Reaganoid destructive policy shit. Trickle Down, Laffer Curve, supply side, its all the same crap to enhance the profits of the rich and infamous that rule our nation!

It is not all the same. The Laffer Curve is not "trickle down" or "supply side." That latter two are not economic terms, but rather political terms that scare people but have no real economic meaning.

The Laffer Curve is a formula that calculates the optimum level of taxation based on many factors. Mathematically it is Revenue = tax rate * tax base.

Simply put, if taxes are too high the tax base shrinks. Then revenues (taxes) drop.

The concept is not controversial intellectually. Politically, the left hates it. Because tax increases are their go to answer.

maineman
06-18-2015, 08:49 AM
It is not all the same. The Laffer Curve is not "trickle down" or "supply side." That latter two are not economic terms, but rather political terms that scare people but have no real economic meaning.

The Laffer Curve is a formula that calculates the optimum level of taxation based on many factors. Mathematically it is Revenue = tax rate * tax base.

Simply put, if taxes are too high the tax base shrinks. Then revenues (taxes) drop.

The concept is not controversial intellectually. Politically, the left hates it. Because tax increases are their go to answer.

and the right loves it because it rewards their benefactors and starves government in general.

maineman
06-18-2015, 08:59 AM
Simply put... Reagan got a lot of cool stuff by putting it all on the government credit card. When Obama tries to do the same thing, Republicans HOWL!

zelmo1234
06-18-2015, 10:22 AM
OK, so Reagan's policies were a failure according to this site. And yet there were 3 presidents used his policies Reagan, Bush #1, and Clinton! (see Clinton 96 tax cuts)

Combined the created more than 50 million jobs, and the standard of living went up dramatically for everyone.

So that is the definition of failure.

Now we have 2 presidents that have used the liberal preferred brand or government stimulus, higher taxes, more regulations and wealth distribution. Carter and Obama. Combined to date they are responsible for about 1.5 million fewer people in the workforce and the stagnation of the economy, reduce average income rates and more people below the poverty line. Now that, we are told is the definition of success?

Have I got that about right?

zelmo1234
06-18-2015, 10:25 AM
Simply put... Reagan got a lot of cool stuff by putting it all on the government credit card. When Obama tries to do the same thing, Republicans HOWL!

The amount of money Reagan put on the credit card in 8 years, Obama has put on the credit card in 3 months

Reagan spent the money on rebuilding the military and making the USA the only super power in the world. Obama has dumped the money down the rat holes of climate change, green energy, and the worst healthcare insurance in the world.

Peter1469
06-18-2015, 10:49 AM
and the right loves it because it rewards their benefactors and starves government in general.

No it doesn't. It simply finds the point where tax rates maximize tax revenue. Simple.

Peter1469
06-18-2015, 10:50 AM

Right. Reagan put $8T on the credit card.... :shocked:

lol, you can't make this stuff up!

maineman
06-18-2015, 01:56 PM
No it doesn't. It simply finds the point where tax rates maximize tax revenue. Simple.

and then, lowers them a few extra points for their rich buddies, cuz who'll notice, really?

maineman
06-18-2015, 01:59 PM
Right. Reagan put $8T on the credit card.... :shocked:

lol, you can't make this stuff up!

one word: inflation.

I bought a house when Reagan was president... in Maine... for $35K..... it sold last year for $230K, in a down market. What Reagan put on the card in HIS era was every bit as substantial as what Obama has done. Reagan: deified as a god by the right. Obama: vilified. Hmmmmm.... only two differences that are readily apparent are political party and skin color. Go figure.

maineman
06-18-2015, 02:01 PM
Oh, I forgot... another key difference: under Reagan, the democrats worked with him. under Obama, the republicans have made his failure their primary objective. Yeah... there's that, too.

zelmo1234
06-18-2015, 02:52 PM

I bought a house when Reagan was president... in Maine... for $35K..... it sold last year for $230K, in a down market. What Reagan put on the card in HIS era was every bit as substantial as what Obama has done. Reagan: deified as a god by the right. Obama: vilified. Hmmmmm.... only two differences that are readily apparent are political party and skin color. Go figure.

And one of them supported policies that worked and improved the standard of living for Americans, and the other supported policies that caused the poor and middle class to loose what wealth they did have as well as their full time jobs and benefits.

One supported policies that ended the USSR and there expansion making the world a safer place, One supported policies that caused the middle east to collapse and create an unstable and dangerous situation in the world.

Just to name a few differences

zelmo1234
06-18-2015, 02:55 PM
Oh, I forgot... another key difference: under Reagan, the democrats worked with him. under Obama, the republicans have made his failure their primary objective. Yeah... there's that, too.

You were either not alive or were very young when Reagan was President!

Tip O'Neal fought tooth and nail with the President. It was one of the reasons for the deficits.

Reagan, took his ideas to the people and they supported them. Reagan also did not use executive order to run an end around on congress.

Peter1469
06-18-2015, 04:22 PM
and then, lowers them a few extra points for their rich buddies, cuz who'll notice, really?

How does that relate to the Laffer Curve. Do you know what that phrase means?

At the risk of going advanced too fast, the Laffer Curve considers all taxation not just taxes on the rich or the poor.....

We can take this slow.

Peter1469
06-18-2015, 04:24 PM

I would have to see the math on that. But if we have had that much inflation why don't the official government charts show it?

Also, the prime driver of inflation is the Fed's fetish for printing money.

Peter1469
06-18-2015, 04:26 PM

The hard left backtracks from the phrase "dead on arrival (http://articles.philly.com/1986-02-06/news/26089529_1_gramm-rudman-annual-deficit-targets-spending-cuts)." :shocked:

Funny....

maineman
06-18-2015, 05:40 PM
The hard left backtracks from the phrase "dead on arrival (http://articles.philly.com/1986-02-06/news/26089529_1_gramm-rudman-annual-deficit-targets-spending-cuts)." :shocked:

Funny....

I would have to suggest that 30 years ago truly meets the definition of "old news", wouldn't you?

at least use the past tense, fer crissakes. ;)

Green Arrow
06-18-2015, 05:43 PM
I would have to suggest that 30 years ago truly meets the definition of "old news", wouldn't you?

That's odd. It wasn't "old news" when you brought it up.

maineman
06-18-2015, 05:43 PM
How does that relate to the Laffer Curve. Do you know what that phrase means?

At the risk of going advanced too fast, the Laffer Curve considers all taxation not just taxes on the rich or the poor.....

We can take this slow.

the laffer curve does indeed consider all taxes. Now.... if you are a little bit on the "too much taxation" side of the curve for the republican's liking, they will, and have, reduced the marginal tax rates on the MOST progressive taxes while raising or not touching the rates on the most regressive taxes. That is their formula that does indeed reward their owners. That was my point, Pete.

maineman
06-18-2015, 05:46 PM
You were either not alive or were very young when Reagan was President!

Tip O'Neal fought tooth and nail with the President. It was one of the reasons for the deficits.

Reagan, took his ideas to the people and they supported them. Reagan also did not use executive order to run an end around on congress.

I had been a commissioned officer in the US Navy for a decade before Ronnie took office, little boy. Go run along.

maineman
06-18-2015, 05:46 PM
That's odd. It wasn't "old news" when you brought it up.

I didn't speak of long past events in the present tense, did I?

Peter1469
06-18-2015, 05:48 PM

You can't spin out of that failed attempt to attack the Gipper. :wink:

Oops. A contemporaneous news article that destroys your "argument." And I use the quotes to stress that your argument was weak and disingenuous.

Rufus
06-18-2015, 08:46 PM
The real term is "trickle UP economics."

Tahuyaman
06-18-2015, 09:15 PM

Stop confusing people with the facts. Their mind is already made up.

Tahuyaman
06-18-2015, 09:17 PM
You can't spin out of that failed attempt to attack the Gipper. :wink:

Oops. A contemporaneous news article that destroys your "argument." And I use the quotes to stress that your argument was weak and disingenuous.

Is there a way I can avoid seeing the comments you quote of someone I have decided to ignore?

Tahuyaman
06-18-2015, 09:18 PM

Could you briefly explain the characteristics of that economic theory?

Captain Obvious
06-18-2015, 09:18 PM
Is there a way I can avoid seeing the comments you quote of someone I have decided to ignore?

Yeah, don't read them.

Tahuyaman
06-18-2015, 09:32 PM
Yeah, don't read them.

I know, but they are like the proverbial car crash.

Captain Obvious
06-18-2015, 09:37 PM
I know, but they are like the proverbial car crash.

I've said this before, I wish the ignore feature here were like the one on Facebook where that person basically doesn't exist anywhere and vice versa.

Peter1469
06-18-2015, 10:02 PM

Cite to a competent economic publication for such a term.

Let me guess, public school education?

Economics..., hole in the ground- your speed.

Peter1469
06-18-2015, 10:04 PM
Stop confusing people with the facts. Their mind is already made up.

Many members here make me recall Jethro Tull and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV-ASc0qkrM

LoL

Dumb and bleep.

Tahuyaman
06-18-2015, 10:11 PM
Cite to a competent economic publication for such a term.

Let me guess, public school education?

Economics..., hole in the ground- your speed.

no. Probably the Robert Reich theory of economics.

Tahuyaman
06-18-2015, 10:24 PM
Many members here make me recall Jethro Tull and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV-ASc0qkrM

LoL

Dumb and bleep.

I've seen Jethro Tull live twice. Both very good concerts.

maineman
06-18-2015, 10:26 PM

no. you could ignore everyone who quotes me.... that would work.

Lineman
06-21-2015, 01:16 PM
But till then conservatives will keep campaigning against him on his way to his 3rd term....

I wonder when conservatives will put forth a viable candidate?

When Obama is out of office, most people will try to forget about him as quickly as humanly possible.

Peter1469
06-21-2015, 01:25 PM
But till then conservatives will keep campaigning against him on his way to his 3rd term....

Probably not. Haven't seen one since Reagan.

Tahuyaman
06-21-2015, 01:29 PM

This is response would be amusing if it wasn't coming from one of those who blames Bush for every world problem of the last 14 years.

Tahuyaman
06-21-2015, 01:29 PM
Probably not. Haven't seen one since Reagan.

I think there's one now if he chooses to run.

Peter1469
06-21-2015, 02:31 PM

Who? I think Rand is, although he has pandered to the left. Which is likely necessary to get elected. I doubt he would once in office.

Tahuyaman
06-21-2015, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Peter1469

Probably not. Haven't seen one since Reagan

Who? I think Rand is, although he has pandered to the left. Which is likely necessary to get elected. I doubt he would once in office.

Scott Walker.